• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Wolf O'Donnell Support Thread: Home of the StarWolf Squadron!

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaos_Leader

Smash Lord
I'll work on getting it up there shortly, dont worry. Very nice work.

Also, to all those who wish to join the StarWolf Squadron, I will update the the membership to include you in 48 hours, since no one has come forth and claimed to be the founder of the group. I would like to leave it up to founding members to decide who is a member, but if they do not do so, then I will do it myself. Please be patient.

Also, to bballstar23, very nice argument. I think you got me on that one.
If what you need is some sort of official member list/initiation procedure, I can probably take care of it. I'll arrange something and post it here when I'm ready.

Wu Tang Gang

Smash Ace
Nice job guys. We should add in the members list.

To become an advanced member, you must contribute positive Wolf fanart. You can also defend from opposers to move on up.

Founders= Executives
Co Founders= There's 2, so Right Hand and Left Hand.
Advanced Members= Mercenary
Member= Grunt

matthewmilad

Smash Journeyman
1st: How many wolves have to die Ad? Lol.
2nd: I'm sorry, but Falco has the best chance out of all the Star Fox characters.
Krystal = Lame, not even a REAL Star Fox character. I hate her.
3rd: Wolf = Bad-***. That second to last pic is how he should look in Brawl. I could see me maining that guy.

Fox, Falco, Wolf. No Krystal. Most everyone here should be happy with that. If not, go back to the Krystal thread for some comfort.

EDIT:

Oh, and remind me to make a GOOD Wolf moveset. Most of the ones we have are disappointing, or a bit lacking in some way.

raul

Smash Lord
Attention all Founders, Members, Supporters, and Subscribers of the thread:

The StarWolf Squadron is up and running. Those wishing to join must follow the requirments so please read the section carefully. Failure to comply will result in delay of membership.

Also, I corrected all the links to the movesets and arguments. They are now able to be viewed. Eventually I will have my own moveset up there.

To Matthewmilad: iF you do construct a moveset, please PM it to the founders once you have posted it on the thread.

RDK

Smash Hero
The only game that helps Star Wolf.. is Assault... the other games make him appear like a fox clone.
That's funny, because there IS no game that helps Krystal. She's a shallow, tacked-on character in all of them.

raul

Smash Lord
The only game that helps Star Wolf.. is Assault... the other games make him appear like a fox clone.
Wow great argument. Did you work on that one all night by yourself or did you have help? In all the games, they fly in the arwing an wolfen, which makes all the characters clones I guess. You have to extend that argument a tad before anyone will take it seriously.

raul

Smash Lord
PODCAST Info.

For all Wolf Supporters, Red Darkstar Kirby will be sharing his viewpoint on Krystal vs. Wolf on tonight's Podcast. That's def something worth listening to. Hopefully, we'gte plenty to talk about from his viewpoint.

raul

Smash Lord
Had he given me one example, I might have give his argument more that 5 seconds of my time. To all other posters, this is an example of what is not an acceptable argument in this thread. Please provide points and examples when you post an argument. Clearlly DeuceBlade did not read the first post.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
That's funny, because there IS no game that helps Krystal. She's a shallow, tacked-on character in all of them.
What does Krystal have to do with this... I thought this was a Wolf thread?

For all Wolf Supporters, Red Darkstar Kirby will be sharing his viewpoint on Krystal vs. Wolf on tonight's Podcast. That's def something worth listening to. Hopefully, we'gte plenty to talk about from his viewpoint.
rofl.

I dont exactly know how he can be a clone in his own game... but well, thats DeuceBlade for ya.
Wolf doesn't have his "own" game... and I was not saying he would be a clone, I was trying to say he could be unique from Assault more than being unique from the other SF games.

Had he given me one example, I might have give his argument more that 5 seconds of my time. To all other posters, this is an example of what is not an acceptable argument in this thread. Please provide points and examples when you post an argument. Clearlly DeuceBlade did not read the first post.
I was not trying to say wolf will be a clone, I was saying Assault would be the basis for his unique capabilities.. because his other appearances were not good enough in my opinion to make him unique.

I was clearly misinterpreted. :cool:

raul

Smash Lord
To DueceBlade, please extend your argument past this: The only game that helps Star Wolf.. is Assault... the other games make him appear like a fox clone.

One sentence with zero evidence or examples is not an argument worth our time. One the first post of this thread, it is said that you must argue intelligently.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
Then who are you expecting to be the next SF rep?
...:) good point. but still off the subject!
No. You said the only game that makes Wolf not look like a clone is assault.
Yeah... and that benefits Wolf.. does it not?

To DueceBlade, please extend your argument past this: The only game that helps Star Wolf.. is Assault... the other games make him appear like a fox clone.

One sentence with zero evidence or examples is not an argument worth our time. One the first post of this thread, it is said that you must argue intelligently.
There was no argument lol... I wasn't even saying wolf would be a clone.. just basically said Assault helps him out of the clone area.

:cool::cool:

No you basically said "All the other games Wolf was in make him look like a clone".

A better thing to have said would be, "Wolf is more unique in Assault than in his other games" or something.

Patinator

Smash Champion
ZOMG. RDK on a Podcast?! If only I had an I-Pod thingy...

Yeah I know. "WHO DOESN'T HAVE AN IPOD?!!!1!" I don't. :p

...Anyway...

I agree; Krystal's tacked on. Her game was originally "Dinosaur Planet", for the Nintendo 64! That was before Nintendo Star Fox-ized it.

So if they hadn't have done that, the Krystal we know wouldn't exist, and everyone would want Wolf in instead of her for a Star Fox rep.

raul

Smash Lord
ZOMG. RDK on a Podcast?! If only I had an I-Pod thingy...

Yeah I know. "WHO DOESN'T HAVE AN IPOD?!!!1!" I don't. :p

...Anyway...

I agree; Krystal's tacked on. Her game was originally "Dinosaur Planet", for the Nintendo 64! That was before Nintendo Star Fox-ized it.

So if they hadn't have done that, the Krystal we know wouldn't exist, and everyone would want Wolf in instead of her for a Star Fox rep.
I don't have an IPod either, can't be be bothered.

Anyway, there is nothing wrong with Krystal as a Star Fox rep, but Wolf is a classic example of a villain/rival in both the video game context and the literary aspect that we all have grown to know and respect. It is true Andross is the main bad guy usually, but Wolf is the direct rival that Fox has to deal with. His relationship with Fox is very similar towards the Kirby-MetaKnight relationship.

bballstar23

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2383-6686-1312
I don't have an IPod either, can't be be bothered.

Anyway, there is nothing wrong with Krystal as a Star Fox rep, but Wolf is a classic example of a villain/rival in both the video game context and the literary aspect that we all have grown to know and respect. It is true Andross is the main bad guy usually, but Wolf is the direct rival that Fox has to deal with. His relationship with Fox is very similar towards the Kirby-MetaKnight relationship.
I agree, except Wolf is more like, "I'll help you this time Star Fox, but only so I can be the one to kill you," while Meta Knight looks out for the greater good and makes sure Kirby doesn't do anything stupid.

raul

Smash Lord
I agree, except Wolf is more like, "I'll help you this time Star Fox, but only so I can be the one to kill you," while Meta Knight looks out for the greater good and makes sure Kirby doesn't do anything stupid.
That's a fair assessment. Yes, I believe that is exactly the point I am trying to make. Wolf is more self-interested than MetaKnight.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Wolf is cool and all, but I don't want another Canine in Brawl. I would accept him however if he had weapons from his series, not made up moves (I wouldn't mind them). Falco has better odds, and Krystal has even better odds.

Koji Syntax

Smash Cadet
As I've said before, they need to restart the starfox series and get rid of things like krystal. She might have been cool if she weren't like.... blatant sexual appeal, and had such a creepy fanbase.

edit: also... geez... wolf is gaining supporters and this big wolf vs. krystal is growing...

raul

Smash Lord
Yes, I do find it strange that even people have a sexual appeal for a fictional video game character, but coming from a guy has a thing for real women, what do I know?

Anyway, Koji, I do not entirely agree with removing Krystal from the series, but I would not be against a revamp of the gaming series. I personally would like to see more games like Adventures and Assault, but with more time in the arwing, much like the classic N64 game.

Koji Syntax

Smash Cadet
Yes, I do find it strange that even people have a sexual appeal for a fictional video game character, but coming from a guy has a thing for real women, what do I know?

Anyway, Koji, I do not entirely agree with removing Krystal from the series, but I would not be against a revamp of the gaming series. I personally would like to see more games like Adventures and Assault, but with more time in the arwing, much like the classic N64 game.
A flying game... no... not what it originally was... it definitely needs to go 100% platformer. </sarcasm>

Wu Tang Gang

Smash Ace
Raul, what the hell, you want it to only be a little bit like the best game in the series and be more like the ones that added ****ty elements?
It should be a combination.

Starfox Comand tactic style, all bosses fought rail mode, bases fought boxed, and enemies fought rail as well as missiles(with a little bit of Starfox Adventures on land missions sporting the staff blaster.

raul

Smash Lord
Raul, what the hell, you want it to only be a little bit like the best game in the series and be more like the ones that added ****ty elements?
Yeah, I guess lol. I mean liked Adventures alot. It felt Loz-ish I guess and thats why. I love the 64 game as well, but I wish you could combine those two games with maybe a dab of Assault. I dont know, I like the fact Fox can get out and stretch his legs a bit. Maybe I am weird. I dont know. As long as Wolf is there, does it matter?

Limit

Smash Apprentice
So pretty much all the developers have to do is try not to suck when making their next Starfox game. Shouldn't be too hard if they actually put forth the effort.

I don't quite fully grasp what Nintendo's deal is with making games. Innovative yes, but I feel their "experimentation" has gone a little too far with some of their most valued franchises. At some point they need to draw the line and realize that there exists a threshold for destruction -- straying too far outside of the box isn't always a good thing. I'm talking about you, Donkey Kong and lately, Starfox yes.

If they would just take the time to retrace their steps, examine their tried and true recipes for success, then we could be playing the games we all know and love once again. What's wrong with bringing back a modernized side-scrolling Donkey Kong Country or a more in-depth, fun-filled, graphically-enhanced Starfox64 made just for the Wii? I may not know the slightest bit of information about the industry, but this stuff sounds like a no-brainer to me.

I mean, was building up "The Adventures of Dinosaur Planet starring Krystal Fuzzytitz" into its own franchise really such a bad thing nowadays? I'll probably never know for sure, but if one thing's for certain, it's Wolf for Brawl.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Krystal Fuzzytitz
I lol'd when I read that.

Anyway, it's not like she's becoming the main focus of the franchise or anything (she rarely does anything important), so I see no reason to take her out. I think Nintendo really should make an awesome Starfox game that takes the best elements of the previous ones and combines them, and then some more. It'd be real good.

Wolf for Brawl! ...

..*after Krystal*

Ryudo_Sama

Smash Ace
I supported Wolf for a long time, I love his battle theme. Now Krystal probably may have the upper hand on Wolf, but I'm sure that Sakurai will sneak good ol' Wolf in, even if it means taking Falco out of the roster.

Patinator

Smash Champion
Yeah, I guess lol. I mean liked Adventures alot. It felt Loz-ish I guess and thats why. I love the 64 game as well, but I wish you could combine those two games with maybe a dab of Assault. I dont know, I like the fact Fox can get out and stretch his legs a bit. Maybe I am weird. I dont know. As long as Wolf is there, does it matter?
O_o FURRY!!!

Just kidding, raul. ROFL.

A perfect Star Fox game:

64 rail shooter (Whatever that means...), with boss fights in separate areas, RPG or SF Command style, missions having on-foot, Arwing, and Landmaster possibilities. Except, scratch the first and last for planets like Aquas, Solar, and Venom. Fried/drowned/disintigrated-by-acid bird/ dogs/ frog/ chameleon/ panther anyone?

raul

Smash Lord
O_o FURRY!!!

Just kidding, raul. ROFL.

A perfect Star Fox game:

64 rail shooter (Whatever that means...), with boss fights in separate areas, RPG or SF Command style, missions having on-foot, Arwing, and Landmaster possibilities. Except, scratch the first and last for planets like Aquas, Solar, and Venom. Fried/drowned/disintigrated-by-acid bird/ dogs/ frog/ chameleon/ panther anyone?
Yeah, see thats what I mean. But on a side note: I'm a furry. I'll admit it, no denial from me. Although, I think I'm pretty good at controlling my disease.

raul

Smash Lord
So pretty much all the developers have to do is try not to suck when making their next Starfox game. Shouldn't be too hard if they actually put forth the effort.

I don't quite fully grasp what Nintendo's deal is with making games. Innovative yes, but I feel their "experimentation" has gone a little too far with some of their most valued franchises. At some point they need to draw the line and realize that there exists a threshold for destruction -- straying too far outside of the box isn't always a good thing. I'm talking about you, Donkey Kong and lately, Starfox yes.

If they would just take the time to retrace their steps, examine their tried and true recipes for success, then we could be playing the games we all know and love once again. What's wrong with bringing back a modernized side-scrolling Donkey Kong Country or a more in-depth, fun-filled, graphically-enhanced Starfox64 made just for the Wii? I may not know the slightest bit of information about the industry, but this stuff sounds like a no-brainer to me.

I mean, was building up "The Adventures of Dinosaur Planet starring Krystal Fuzzytitz" into its own franchise really such a bad thing nowadays? I'll probably never know for sure, but if one thing's for certain, it's Wolf for Brawl.

Thanks for using Krystal Fuzzytits, Limit. You made my day knowing that name I gave her stuck.

Anyway, I agree with you. Nintendo goes from an awesome game like DK Country 64 and then transforms it into ...Donkey Kong Barrel Blast? Where the hell did that come from?

If they could restart the franchise with starfox 64 as the main game, and a couple of levels like adventures, where Fox has to do a couple of things, perhaps face Wolf on solid ground, rather than just arwing battles, I would be happy.

Sorry for the Double Post.

Koji Syntax

Smash Cadet
Hai gais... ah just heardz that Staarfocks: Puzzil blastArs is comieng outt fur dee-eesss.... lawl...

-don't take me serious-

How many wolves have to die?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom