• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The OFFICIAL VA Melee finder *Over 200 served! Yay!* updated 12/16/08

Raynesypher

Smash Rookie
Rayne (me), J2x7 (John), Rah (Raul), P enis(One word) (Diego), K9 (Kenny), LOLU (Zach), Drez (Andrez) all live in woodbridge too so if anyone lives in woodbridge or close to it hit me up send me a pm

J TYME!!

Smash Journeyman
toasty - Sorry man, I wanted to come, but I didn't have a ride last minute. Maybe next time, let me know next time you come up.

Jinmaster.

J TYME!!

Smash Journeyman
Why is no one posting in this thread? I played Tope a some other smashers the other day. It was ggs all around! Who else is down to play in Richmond?

Jinmaster.

Poehlcat

Smash Apprentice
Why is no one posting in this thread? I played Tope a some other smashers the other day. It was ggs all around! Who else is down to play in Richmond?

Jinmaster.
*looking to play in Richmond*

I work most nights though. I'm not free a lot of the time.

Iron Thorn

Smash Lord
Going to Gamelon. I'm taking the Triforce of Spag
I live in the Norfolk.

Unfortunately, I can only do friend codes and not phone numbers, because I fear that some hairy guy will make his way to my house and have his way with me.

But we can talk about local matters if you like :D You know, like weather and the horrid colors of the tourists' umbrellas on the Beach.

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
grifflame do you play melee? I'm in chantilly this summer..i'm curious how far away you are.

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
where's gmu boss? i know the manassas site is right next to my work, but i think the main site is elsewhere..how far is it from either chantilly or the manassas site?

Grifflame

Smash Cadet
I'm about 15 minutes away from GMU.

Toasty, I think we've actually met before. I swing by the Lion's Den every once in a while.

And to knightpraetor, I didn't start to get really competitive with melee until the end of it's life cycle, but I have a firm grasp of all the advanced basics. So take from that what you will. Also, according to Google Maps Chantilly is about twenty minutes from the Fairfax GMU.

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
so basically everyone should come to sypher's smashfests:p

and we should try to smash every other weekend or something..maybe even more often

S.R. XXVII

Smash Ace
Can anyone help me?

I'll be in VA Beach and I'll have no one to play for the summer, besides my cousin. He doesn't post on these boards, so he doesn't know any smashers. He and I are looking to get better. Anyone can help?

S.R. XXVII

Smash Ace
Thanks alot Toasty. My cousin is one of those "I can beat everyone" type of smashers, yet he's never been to a tourney. I haven't played him since last year, and that was before I knew about Smashboards and ATs, so he's in for a rude awakening, lol.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
yeah man...you really should post there and post what general area you live in [more specific than Va Beach...include landmarks or schools or whatever you need to to let people know where you're at]...maybe some availability info or something.

also: who's your cousin? bring him along some time when we have a fest or come to the august 9th tournament I'm hosting :)

link here:
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=4908742&postcount=6127

CStick

Smash Lord
is this still the VA finder thread? Or, has it since been replaced by the MD/VA finder that someone was trying to do awhile back?

if this is still *THE* VA finder, then I'm gonna update it and call it the official one from here on out.

CStick

Smash Lord
bumping this for now...

gonna do a full update in a couple hours after I get off work (more links, add player names, etc.).

Deus_Vult

Smash Rookie
Sweet someone who actually plays Smash in Lynchburg. I'll be there for school if you're interested in playing.
I'm heading down the 16th of August. I'm just starting to play people other than my friends so you will find my skills sub par. Other than that I'm happy to find someone else in Lynchburg.

IrArby

Smash Ace
Toasty: definetly true. Sadly, I can't say I've improved or anything lately since I've been working two jobs and playing a lot of Twilight Princess lately. Its been hard to find the time but **** it! its the summer so I'll make time. I wanted to take off for the 9th but with the new 2nd job it simply wasn't an option. Hopefully I'll get back in touch with Trey too since a friend of mine works with him and he's practically impossible to contact by phone or pm.

Dues Vult: I'm guessing for School right? I go to Randolph College and only complete scrubs play there. Don't worry though about sub par skills since I've only played 2 local tournies and with friends. For the record I got double eliminated in both tourneys. I was actually worried I'd be sub par to you. I've mostly got my tech down just need to play more people. Its the best way to get better. Theres at least two other guys in Lynchuburg on this thread though I haven't spoken to them. I'll have to contact them sometime later.

Top Bottom