• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Thread For the Sal Romano/Gematsu Leak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Without Subspace, the huge amount of cutscenes, a much smaller song selection, and probably other data saving measures (maybe less stages, less trophies, etc; ) I imagine they could fit quite a few characters onto it, and if the 3DS CSS scrolls between pages, it's totally possible to get 50+.

As for Starter vs Unlockable, I imagine a few will be made unlockable we know about (Luigi, Lucario, Tink, Ike, Shiek, and the third parties seem likely choices)
Street Fighter 4 3D had what like 50-60 characters didn't have a lot of stages either. If Capcom can add that many characters on the 3ds so can Nintendo. Didn't Sakurai say they was only going to be two music pieces per stage?

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Street Fighter on the 3DS had 35 characters. Tekken 3D had 41.

Street Fighter also had certain technical limitations, like how the stages were just static and didn't move anymore like they did in the console version.

MunchyMunch

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MushroomMuncher
TBH, I would want the DLC characters to be in the form of Amiibo, that way not only would I be getting a cool character, I'll also be getting a kick*** (Is that word allowed on this site?) figure out of it.

Zoids-Raven

Smash Apprentice
I saw a picture of Chrome (with smashU's art style) and it fell off the face of the earth. Does anyone here have it?

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
The conversation is becoming less and less relevant to the Gematsu leak. Don't forget that this thread has a tighter discussion policy than other threads, and matters such as whether or not you are personally okay with DLC can be discussed in any number of other DLC threads floating around.

Thanks!

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Not sure this thread is necessary anymore since every thread seems to be the Sal Leak thread now. :troll:

But in all seriousness, I'm pretty much 100% convinced about this leak being true at this point.
The Rhythm Heaven enemy really did it for me.

I expected Chrom and Shulk to begin with, I love Chorus Kids, and I could care less about Lucas.

So really I'm content if it does check out, which it will.

D

Deleted member 245254

Not sure this thread is necessary anymore since every thread seems to be the Sal Leak thread now. :troll:

But in all seriousness, I'm pretty much 100% convinced about this leak being true at this point.
The Rhythm Heaven enemy really did it for me.

I expected Chrom and Shulk to begin with, I love Chorus Kids, and I could care less about Lucas.

So really I'm content if it does check out, which it will.
You already expected Chrom and Shulk to be in? Dang, Sal Leak confirmed for lucky guesses!

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
Does anyone have that Chrome picture?
Doesn't appear so. But there's a Chrom thread in the Characters subforum. If you haven't already, you might want to ask there.

Anyway, never did put my two cents, just addressed things I saw and lurked. I'm optimistic about the leak itself personally. There's still a chance of it being wrong/inaccurate, but I feel like at worst it'll have a few details wrong.

I'm hoping it's true, I haven't played Xenoblade, but Shulk looks like an awesome choice <3

Yitsul

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Yitsul
3DS FC
2105-8677-5210
Switch FC
5599 8083 2114
"chorus men" will really just be one and named Marshall. Calling it!

Louie G.

Smash Hero
"chorus men" will really just be one and named Marshall. Calling it!
But see, I don't understand why they would specifically be referred to as "Chorus Men" by Sal in this case.

"MEN" as in multiple.

I doubt that it's Marshal, and I would actually be disappointed if that was the case.

Yitsul

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Yitsul
3DS FC
2105-8677-5210
Switch FC
5599 8083 2114
marshall just looks like one without a bowtie

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
Us getting Marshall instead of Chorus Men is a real possibility. Remember when Sakurai stated he was having difficulty making characters like the ICs work on the 3DS (and they haven't been confirmed yet, so we don't know if he managed to make them work)? Keeping in mind how the leaker has repeatedly shown to have dated information, if Sakurai really intended for the Chorus Men to be a "3-in-1" mess, it's a very real possibility he ran into technical hurdles in getting them to work, necessitating cutting the concept altogether or making it a complete solo character with a different gimmick (where it's then feasible to replace them with a more recognisable Marshall instead of keeping a solo Chorus Kid).

Ginger Hail

Smash Apprentice
Us getting Marshall instead of Chorus Men is a real possibility. Remember when Sakurai stated he was having difficulty making characters like the ICs work on the 3DS (and they haven't been confirmed yet, so we don't know if he managed to make them work)?
Wasn't that a huge misunderstanding? He never mentioned the IC by name IIRC, that was something the author of the article added.

MunchyMunch

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MushroomMuncher
Us getting Marshall instead of Chorus Men is a real possibility. Remember when Sakurai stated he was having difficulty making characters like the ICs work on the 3DS (and they haven't been confirmed yet, so we don't know if he managed to make them work)? Keeping in mind how the leaker has repeatedly shown to have dated information, if Sakurai really intended for the Chorus Men to be a "3-in-1" mess, it's a very real possibility he ran into technical hurdles in getting them to work, necessitating cutting the concept altogether or making it a complete solo character with a different gimmick (where it's then feasible to replace them with a more recognisable Marshall instead of keeping a solo Chorus Kid).
If this does happen, then we'll probably see a lot of people calling the leak fake seeing as he said "Chorus Men" , not "Marshall".

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Chrom please?

Sorry, I just really don't want Chrom. Robin > Roy > Chrom.
You forgot to put Micaiah and Anna before Robin :)

You make a good point. Heck it could mean that they kept the idea for RH enemies in Smash Run for more representation, but left out a playable character because they felt Chorus Men was the only viable RH character. Since it seems like a possibility that he was part of the early development team, it could be widely possible that the Chorus Men or RH character idea all together was scrapped after he left, and he just isn't aware of that.

If this does happen, then we'll probably see a lot of people calling the leak fake seeing as he said "Chorus Men" , not "Marshall".
Well I mean you shouldn't be getting three characters mixed up with a solo one...

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
You forgot to put Micaiah and Anna before Robin :)

You make a good point. Heck it could mean that they kept the idea for RH enemies in Smash Run for more representation, but left out a playable character because they felt Chorus Men was the only viable RH character. Since it seems like a possibility that he was part of the early development team, it could be widely possible that the Chorus Men or RH character idea all together was scrapped after he left, and he just isn't aware of that.

Well I mean you shouldn't be getting three characters mixed up with a solo one...
That's why I keep saying that, just because the guy leaked these final few characters doesn't mean they WILL end up in the game. Things can change late in development, and all of his info is clearly outdated. The only updated bit he got was "Mii Fighter" and that could be explained by him gaining access to the press site (like others managed to do).

Frankly I like the idea of getting the Rhythm Heaven Girl in instead.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
That's why I keep saying that, just because the guy leaked these final few characters doesn't mean they WILL end up in the game. Things can change late in development, and all of his info is clearly outdated. The only updated bit he got was "Mii Fighter" and that could be explained by him gaining access to the press site (like others managed to do).

The other piece of info I don't think is correct is Chrom. I think we could get any Fire Emblem character because just like with Pokemon X and Y when development started they had no idea on what Awakening was going to do for the franchise, or who would be popular, and they would have to go with the character designs again. I'm thinking if the leak is real, it would be "Fire Emblem Character" not Chrom and he just slid that idea in there himself since to many it seems like the obvious pick.

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
Wasn't that a huge misunderstanding? He never mentioned the IC by name IIRC, that was something the author of the article added.
No exact quote was given, so I can't know for sure if Sakurai meant ICs specifically. But he said "multi-character combatants", which either means characters like ICs or characters like the Pokemon Trainer, or both (and we know the latter has been cut, with no sight of the former at all yet).

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
No exact quote was given, so I can't know for sure if Sakurai meant ICs specifically. But he said "multi-character combatants", which either means characters like ICs or characters like the Pokemon Trainer, or both (and we know the latter has been cut, with no sight of the former at all yet).
And Ice Climbers have an enemy in Smash Run, so if in they end up being cut due to tech issues, Chorus Men's chances go way down. I mean I don't think they will be, but still.

Last edited:

MunchyMunch

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MushroomMuncher
Warning Received

Sakurai: Alright boys, I've gone completely insane with new ideas, and I know we're late in development, but let's make a couple of changes.
Those Chorus Kids? BAM! They're gone.
Mario will now be turned into a radish.
Ridley will stay a boss. But a shrunken down Kraid will be a perfect character.
And Bowser is going to be replaced by Shrek. We need that sweet money from Dreamworks.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
The other piece of info I don't think is correct is Chrom. I think we could get any Fire Emblem character because just like with Pokemon X and Y when development started they had no idea on what Awakening was going to do for the franchise, or who would be popular, and they would have to go with the character designs again. I'm thinking if the leak is real, it would be "Fire Emblem Character" not Chrom and he just slid that idea in there himself since to many it seems like the obvious pick.
That's what I keep saying as well. I think its incredibly possible we might not actually get Chrom, either (and I hope we don't; Robin would be way better to represent Awakening).

Sakurai: Alright boys, I've gone completely insane with new ideas, and I know we're late in development, but let's make a couple of changes.
Those Chorus Kids? BAM! They're gone.
Mario will now be turned into a radish.
Ridley will stay a boss. But a shrunken down Kraid will be a perfect character.
And Bowser is going to be replaced by Shrek. We need that sweet money from Dreamworks.
Late in development? What are you talking about? Everything hints that all of this info is EXTREMELY old.

Last edited:

MunchyMunch

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MushroomMuncher
I'd rather see a franchise never seen in Smash Bros. get a rep than a franchise that has had reps since Melee.

That's what I keep saying as well. I think its incredibly possible we might not actually get Chrom, either (and I hope we don't; Robin would be way better to represent Awakening).

Late in development? What are you talking about? Everything hints that all of this info is EXTREMELY old.
What exactly do you mean by "old"?

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I'd rather see a franchise never seen in Smash Bros. get a rep than a franchise that has had reps since Melee.
Hey, honestly, I don't think Rhythm Heaven will go without a rep at this point. If anything I think a different Rhythm Heaven character might get in if they couldn't specifically get Chorus Men to work.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725

ANYONE would be way better to represent Awakening. As much as I don't like that game, I think that if a character comes from it, I'd be ok with them as long as it's not Chrom.

Sebagomez

Smash Journeyman
Yes. Marshal is a "neutral" character. Like G&W, you have Mr. G&W, NOT the Octopus or the Bug Exterminator. With Marshal, you can cover up many characters from Rhythm Heaven, with Karateka Joe, only one.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
ANYONE would be way better to represent Awakening. As much as I don't like that game, I think that if a character comes from it, I'd be ok with them as long as it's not Chrom.
If you limit it just to the main Lords, Robin is the best pick. But I do agree, even Lucina would at least be a female, despite still being a blue haired sword user.

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

Even this character? :troll:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
If you limit it just to the main Lords, Robin is really the only pick. But I do agree, even Lucina would at least be a female, despite still being a blue haired sword user.
Lucina can actually make decisions like
When she decides to try and kill Robin

Chrom's main flaw is that unlike Ike and Marth, you don't make choices as him (less connection) and he brainlessly follows Robin, unlike Ike who sometimes would rebel against Soren's decisions for what he thought was right. Ike has a brain.

As much as I hate Pac-man and Mii I would gladly take them and the rest of the leak if it would leave out Chrom. Sakurai would be making a bad choice representing Fire Emblem as a game with characters that are just Males with swords. I mean he wants more females right? If I could think of any game to take a female from, it'd be Fire Emblem, I'd think of that even before the 4 or more awesome females in Kid Icarus.

Even this character? :troll:
Yes. Even her.

Last edited:

MunchyMunch

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MushroomMuncher
I'd rather have mah Roy back instead of Chrom or any of those.

Why couldn't the leak have said Roy instead of Chrom? ;-;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom