• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Thread For the Sal Romano/Gematsu Leak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Like I said before, it's more likely that Salromano received outdated information in regards to Little Mac, Pac-Man and Mii showing up at E3. Dinoman also theorize that's it's possible that the person giving Salromano these information knows planned character, but not necessarily that they're definitely in the final game.
This is exactly how I'm looking at it in general.

Plans change and all. Miis are excepted, but it's been clear by now that a lot see them redundant to Villager or that they are 'too generic", or whatever reason. I'm not going to compare them, since that's not the point either. Basically, they're not terribly wanted, which is why revealing them right away won't generate hype(which is my point here).

I'm still skeptical here, but that's normal. Wii Fit Trainer was pretty hard to see(I had to see the official video to believe it), but not impossible. Relevant/new/popular franchise, a moveset that is logical while capitalizing off the style of Fitness(kind of like Olimar's moveset doesn't have too many moves straight from the game, but is a very logical set based upon his reasonable capabilities when translated to a fighting game). I'm not looking for a real debate on this point, though. She was not easy to see, but possibly guessable in the end.

MAGMIS

Smash Journeyman

Plans change and all. Miis are excepted, but it's been clear by now that a lot see them redundant to Villager or that they are 'too generic", or whatever reason. I'm not going to compare them, since that's not the point either. Basically, they're not terribly wanted, which is why revealing them right away won't generate hype(which is my point here).

I'm still skeptical here, but that's normal. Wii Fit Trainer was pretty hard to see(I had to see the official video to believe it), but not impossible. Relevant/new/popular franchise, a moveset that is logical while capitalizing off the style of Fitness(kind of like Olimar's moveset doesn't have too many moves straight from the game, but is a very logical set based upon his reasonable capabilities when translated to a fighting game). I'm not looking for a real debate on this point, though. She was not easy to see, but possibly guessable in the end.
He even mentioned that WFT will have a final smash called "Wii Fit" which is correct.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
He even mentioned that WFT will have a final smash called "Wii Fit" which is correct.
He didn't predict that, the only thing that Sal contributes to the leak was her prediction along with the other five, the article only mentions the Final Smash in the statement where he says Nintendo revealed it with her.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

About "Pokemon from X/Y", I did find something interesting about Ike's inclusion in Brawl.

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=ja&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http://www.geocities.jp/bgrtype/gsl/words2/dairantosmabrax/smashbrothersx.html&edit-text=

Basically what Sakurai is saying here is that he actually didn't initially add Ike when he was planning Brawl's roster out. Instead, he put down "Someone from Fire Emblem" on his list, and he was eventually redirected to Ike by Intelligent Systems.

I'm wondering if a similar thing happened with Greninja. I'd reckon Sakurai and/or Gamefreak wanted a character from X/Y, and it was eventually narrowed down to Greninja, who was considered the best fit. Maybe whoever is leaking this is reading off of Sakurai's planning documents or something, which still reads to this day "Pokemon from X/Y".
This has been what I've been trying to tell people for a while. Thanks for this direct source.

Inside drifting hasn't been confirmed for Mario Kart 8 one way or another, so it's still alive.
I've heard that the opposite was confirmed; that outside drifting was confirmed.
I don't know for sure, though.

Last edited by a moderator:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
I guess right now, we can still speculate Sal's tipper's claims for now and the only way to determine whether the claims are true is to wait and see what future events has in store.

Cpt.

Smash Lord
The way I see it

1st Leak
Mega Man, Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, Little Mac, Pac-Man, Mii

> This one seems pretty gosh darn legit. 4/6 isn't bad. It's not enough to say that it is legit, but considering there are references to two arcade era Namco games in Smash 4, I'd say Pac-Man can almost count. It's about 4.5/6 confirmed as of now. The Mii, although I would hate to have in the game, is very likely as well as a nintendo Retro/Mascot especially since Wii Fit is in. To me this pretty much means there will be no new retros, but Mii and Fit take the place of retros. The thing that throws me off though is that Sakurai said Smash 4 will have a customization aspect to it. This would clearly point to the Mii, but in the direct we found out that what he was most likely referring to was the customizable moveset on characters. This hurts the Mii's chances IMO.

> As an end result I can give it a 4.7/6 legitimacy.

2nd Leak
Shulk, Palutena, Chrom, Chorus Men, Pokemon from X and Y

> This leak seems much more like a desperate attempt to get more attention when I look at it. I think that Salromano saw the last leak as a good way to get promotion, and now with everyone thinking his leak is real, he wants to attract even more attention. So he put out another list of character that were likely to get revealed at the direct. Unfortunately for him, it didn't go so well since it wasn't a legit leak. The only character he managed to predict was an obvious inclusion of some sort of Gen 6 pokemon, Greninja.

> Shulk, Palutea, and Chrom were all included because they are seen as very popular and likey to be put into Smash 4. They are some of the posible newcomers with the least controvercy, therefore he added them. He didn't say Ridley, Mewtwo, or K. Rool because those three are all fiercely debated over. Mewtwo against Puff, K. Rool against Dixie, and Ridley about a boss battle.

> With 3 likely characters he probably thought that one of them would be spoiled in the dircect, but he didn;t anticipate Sakurai confirming so many returning character, but who can blame him, it is Sakurai after all. He is super random.

> So with 1 impossible to get wrong prediction and 3 very likely reveals, he needed another wtf? Sakurai is random character, Chorus Men was a great choice IMO since I have never even heard of Rhythm Heaven.

> As an end result I can give this leak a 1/5 legitimacy (only because I think Palutena is pretty much confirmed).

I think that it is clear that if the second leak were another actual leak, then he would have said Greninja or at least "a Gen 6 starter". The first leak is probably true, the second leak is probably an attempt to get more popularity.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
> This leak seems much more like a desperate attempt to get more attention when I look at it. I think that Salromano saw the last leak as a good way to get promotion, and now with everyone thinking his leak is real, he wants to attract even more attention. So he put out another list of character that were likely to get revealed at the direct. Unfortunately for him, it didn't go so well since it wasn't a legit leak. The only character he managed to predict was an obvious inclusion of some sort of Gen 6 pokemon, Greninja.
Sal isn't doing this for attention, though. It's a tipper of his that's giving him information.

He made a big post about it right here:

http://smashboards.com/threads/ssb4-rumours-and-leaks.338842/page-791#post-16627481

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Well, for the record, the tipper could have been working on the game in early development, so he could have easily just heard "6th gen Pokémon" around the workplace.
The other characters are pretty straightforward.

Cpt.

Smash Lord

Dinoman96

Smash Master
Kind of odd he'd come back to fool people like, 10 months after the fact.

Also, to be honest, I never really saw Shulk as a 'safe bet'. Xenoblade is only really barely more significant than series like Golden Sun, Starfy, Advance Wars, etc, all of which have been excluded from Smash outside of assist trophies. Shulk could easily be snubbed and end up as an AT just like Isaac.

Last edited:

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
If you think outside the box, Xenoblade Chronicles is a very significant series for Nintendo business-wise. Xenoblade developer Monolith Soft is a huge, and I mean a huge investment for Nintendo, and by putting Shulk in Smash, you're giving the series and future installments—like X—free marketing. Meanwhile, Camelot and Intelligent Systems are busy making other games instead of Golden Sun and Advance Wars, like Mario Tennis & Mario Golf and Fire Emblem & Paper Mario, respectively.

Anyway, the original post makes it sound like Sal's the leaker. People still don't know that it isn't Sal that's giving out the leaks, but his tipper. He's just like the rest of us trying to believe the leaks, and he sort of does.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
I've heard that there is a rumor from sal romano or gematsu that the final roster is 48 characters with 4 veterna cuts, but is this true? Is it substantiated anywhere, or is this just some rabble that's been repeated enough that people began to believe it?

I've read the links in the OP and didn't see anything about it. Are there any other relevant posts on this topic, or is what I see what I get?

Cpt.

Smash Lord
I've heard that there is a rumor from sal romano or gematsu that the final roster is 48 characters with 4 veterna cuts, but is this true? Is it substantiated anywhere, or is this just some rabble that's been repeated enough that people began to believe it?

I've read the links in the OP and didn't see anything about it. Are there any other relevant posts on this topic, or is what I see what I get?
Here is the link also here. I don't think it has to do with Sal though. It really couldn't because Pac-Man and Chorus Men aren't on that roster.

Edit: also reading through the comments on the pages, it seems like it is just a good fake.

Last edited:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Here is the link also here. I don't think it has to do with Sal though. It really couldn't because Pac-Man and Chorus Men aren't on that roster.

Edit: also reading through the comments on the pages, it seems like it is just a good fake.
Yeah, that one's been generally debunked by most people for a while.

No ROB, Wolf, or Lucas... Not sure I want to live in a world like that.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing

This is fake, and hear's 14 reasons why:
1. Wario's Clothes. In Brawl, Wario wore his WarioWare outfit as his official default, despite having his classic threads as a default. Why would Sakurai change this when WarioWare is counted as it's own series? Ashley takes on her Game & Wario appearance, where Wario appears in his Biker outfit. Why would they differentiate?
2. Ganondorf's Image appears to be only a minorly editted image from Brawl. In the new, lighter, more colorful game, why would Ganondorf continue to look as dark as Brawl's fighters?
3. In Brawl, Characters were organized down from most important-secondary in importance-other majors-villain. Villains always were the last on the series' column, save for Ganondorf. Bowser, Wario, Wolf, Dedede were all last in their columns. Why would Sakurai switch antihero and villain's importance around? Probably the weakest of my points, but why would Meta Knight be located behind Dedede when he seemed to be more important in Brawl? In addition, upon closer inspection, Meta Knight's zoomed in image looks like it was editted off of Brawl - the M is still on his shoulder pad, his mask still looks realistic, and his wings still look rubbery. Why would Kirby and Dedede be made less realistic and Meta Knight stay the same?
4. Why would the third party characters remain in a column shape when the rest are now rows? If anything, Sonic and Mega Man should be at the end of the bottom row, behind all the Nintendo characters.
5. Jigglypuff's Art appears to be taken directly from Brawl, as it is not as colorful as the other Pokemon characters.
6. The Ice Climbers have a very awkward pose, and their color appears to be editted from Brawl's (and rather poorly at that).
7. Marth appears to be Sakurai's pick of Major Fire Emblem rep - he's appeared in 3 of 4 games while both Roy and Ike have only had one to date, and in both games he is ranker higher or more important altogether. Why would he be placed behind Chrom when the other Major fighters (I.E. Mario, Link, Kirby, Pikachu, Samus, Fox, etc.) are all located first for their series.
8. In every game, Sakurai has upped the number of fighters by at least 10. SSB64-Melee: 13 new fighters, Melee-Brawl: 14 new fighters. In addition, if he continues this pattern, we should expect 15 new ones. More or less, the point is, why would he have 39 twice in a row, like Brawl, when we don't even have a Story Mode to take up data and development time?
9. A rather large amount of cuts; more than I believe Sakurai would do: Wolf, Squirtle, Ivysaur, Ike, Lucas, R.O.B., and Snake are all gone. With StarFox and EarthBound being favorite series of Sakurai, I doubt he would cut Wolf and Lucas, and I doubt unique fighter R.O.B. would go too, and Ike only in the case of emergency, as he is a fan favorite.
10. None of the other leaked characters are in aside from Chrom: No Palutena, No Shulk, No Chorus Men, No Pac-Man, No Mii, No Mewtwo, and at least 3 of these are all very likely to be in the game.
11. No surprise characters; I.E. no Takamaru, DK Newcomer, Mewtwo, or Shulk who are all requested and are likely. Same Case with many others.
12. The ordering of characters seems slightly off. If anything, the ones that Should be heading off the rows are Mario, Zelda, Kirby, Pokemon, Not Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Pikmin. I would think characters would be associated more alongside similar characters, like Brawl: I.E., Kirby next to Pikmin and F-Zero next to StarFox, with EarthBound and Fire Emblem being the odd ones stuck next to each other, plus new series all in a bind. But the order seems off no matter how you look, and Game & Watch and Third Parties should be near the bottom, or the end, like Brawl.
13. Why would Sakurai, being the modest one he is, give his own series 3 fighters while StarFox, another series that he favors, loses one, making them only have 2?
14. Ice Climbers, DK, DIddy, Meta, Olimar, and Lucario have different Japanese names in the Japanese releases of previous Smash games.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Always thought this leak to be quite interesting, and of course it has its attention with the prediction of Wii Fit Trainer. I wouldn't mind at all if the leak was completely valid, with all the characters joining the game that remain (Pac-Man, Mii, Palutena, Chorus Men, Shulk, and Chrom). The Chorus Men is such an off the wall prediction I think, if they were confirmed at E3 or through a Direct I would just bet on the entire leak being legitimate.

Sebagomez

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai say : "[Wii Fit Trainer is] a character that nobody wanted".

It is a difficult character to guess.

But Pac-Man and Mii, are easy*.

There are two reasons, Sakurai saved it all for the next E3/Direct, or simply the characters are not yet ready to show.

*No affiliation with any supermarket.

MAGMIS

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai say : "[Wii Fit Trainer is] a character that nobody wanted".

It is a difficult character to guess.

But Pac-Man and Mii, are easy*.

There are two reasons, Sakurai saved it all for the next E3/Direct, or simply the characters are not yet ready to show.

*No affiliation with any supermarket.
Or to make it seem like sal leak is off, so at the last minute he decided to not show PAC man and Mii. Saving it for later same with little Mac. In a way his trying to eliminate the leak without making it look like its actually true. Cuz if he chose to delete it immediately then it would be more " sketchy".Not sure if that's the right word.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

At this point, I'm banking on that the tipper has outdated info.
Which would explain why Little Mac, Pac-Man, and Miis have not shown up at E3 2013 and why Greninja wasn't mentioned by name.

Considering the tipper's had some inside info since at least weeks before E3 2013, there is no telling how far back he's had it.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Which would explain why Little Mac, Pac-Man, and Miis have not shown up at E3 2013 and why Greninja wasn't mentioned by name.

Considering the tipper's had some inside info since at least weeks before E3 2013, there is no telling how far back he's had it.
Never really considered this, but now that you said it, this seems like the most likely case.

Regarding Chorus Men, do you think that he meant to say "Man" and there's only one?

Johnny Wellens

Smash Apprentice
I wonder if there's even much to debate right now. Mostly it's just us giving our personal opinions or correcting any misinformation such as the RosalinaX thing. I feel like there's really nowhere else to go without until we get another confirmed newcomer or more information from Sal's source. Poor Sal, he's really being taken through the ringer on this one. The price you pay for being the messenger I guess.

D

Deleted member

I'm just going to take the opportunity to say this; do not ever bring up that obviously dead leak again. That has been disproven for many reasons and I've already explained in the OP that bringing up the latest fake leaks is going to turn this thread off-topic.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cpt.

Smash Lord
I'm just going to take the opportunity to say this; do not ever bring up that obviously dead leak again. That has been disproven for many reasons and I've already explained in the OP that bringing up the latest fake leaks is going to turn this thread off-topic.
Alright, sorry for linking those.

I wonder if there's even much to debate right now. Mostly it's just us giving our personal opinions or correcting any misinformation such as the RosalinaX thing. I feel like there's really nowhere else to go without until we get another confirmed newcomer or more information from Sal's source. Poor Sal, he's really being taken through the ringer on this one. The price you pay for being the messenger I guess.
Idk I think we should still try and figure out who the Rhythm Heaven rep would be.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Just an idea, but "Pokemon from X/Y" could have been written that way to protect Salromano's/his leaker's identity. Whether they called it 'Greninja' or 'Gekkouga' would give a hint as to their physical location. It's already been stated in the OP that Salromano has enough trouble with people begging for information via PM. There are plenty of weirdos out there that might be determined enough to try and show up at his door.

Looking at the rest of the leaks, the only other character this might have happened with is Mega Man / 'Rock Man' - but I don't think Japan calls him that anymore in recent games, am I right?

Honestly, Shulk sticks out for me more than Chorus Men. We've had a history of oddball characters in each game (R.O.B., G&W, arguably Jiggly), and for this iteration I wouldn't count Villager or WFT as the wildcard - both of them have wildly popular series, even if we're not the crowd who plays Wii Fit. There's more precedent for Chorus Men than there is for Shulk, who is a very recent acquisition, and another sword fighter (seriously, I think it would get pretty hard to have so many sword fighters with totally original movesets). That said, Xenoblade was indeed unprecedentedly popular, and is the only video game I can recall ever having so much demand they had to bring it back into print.

So, while I have my doubts, they actually aren't very strong doubts. After reading through everything everyone's had to say, I'd consider myself a supporter of this leak.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Sal isn't doing this for attention, though. It's a tipper of his that's giving him information.

He made a big post about it right here:

http://smashboards.com/threads/ssb4-rumours-and-leaks.338842/page-791#post-16627481
If anything, that implies he is doing it for attention. He lurked that thread a bit and he only responded after a post I made that threw it though the ringer and was well liked. Not to mention I posted that at 11:30 at night and he post an hour later.

About "Pokemon from X/Y", I did find something interesting about Ike's inclusion in Brawl.

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=ja&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http://www.geocities.jp/bgrtype/gsl/words2/dairantosmabrax/smashbrothersx.html&edit-text=

Basically what Sakurai is saying here is that he actually didn't initially add Ike when he was planning Brawl's roster out. Instead, he put down "Someone from Fire Emblem" on his list, and he was eventually redirected to Ike by Intelligent Systems.

I'm wondering if a similar thing happened with Greninja. I'd reckon Sakurai and/or Gamefreak wanted a character from X/Y, and it was eventually narrowed down to Greninja, who was considered the best fit. Maybe whoever is leaking this is reading off of Sakurai's planning documents or something, which still reads to this day "Pokemon from X/Y".
It's improbable. The second rumor was posted hours before the direct and, assuming it's real, he likely got it maybe a few days before. By that time, Greninja would have been well known. It seems weird that he'd have an old document he'd looking at that Sakurai just keeps lying around.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
If anything, that implies he is doing it for attention. He lurked that thread a bit and he only responded after a post I made that threw it though the ringer and was well liked. Not to mention I posted that at 11:30 at night and he post an hour later.

It's improbable. The second rumor was posted hours before the direct and, assuming it's real, he likely got it maybe a few days before. By that time, Greninja would have been well known. It seems weird that he'd have an old document he'd looking at that Sakurai just keeps lying around.
He obviously stole it.

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
Not trying to be off-topic too much but...who's Chorus Men/Man?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

No, it really has. There are too many people who want to believe it's real and they keep spouting it like the gospel.
I didn't support anyone on this list (outside of Mega Man, who's already confirm), so it has nothing to do with me wanting to believe the leak. If anything, you're guilty of confirmation bias yourself, seeing as you utterly hate the idea of Pac-Man.

I believe the leak because there is nothing that has disputed the leak and in fact, only evidence that the leak is legitimate. If Wii Fit Trainer isn't a good indication that the leak might be legitimate, I don't know what is.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Sakurai complained about not having new IP's for Brawl. Now that Sakurai expanded what characters could make it in Smash with the inclusion of Villager, I think a roster would include many new series. This Sal leak matches up with this idea.

Villager
Wii Fit Trainer
Mii
Shulk
Chorus Men

Last edited:

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I didn't support anyone on this list (outside of Mega Man, who's already confirm), so it has nothing to do with me wanting to believe the leak. If anything, you're guilty of confirmation bias yourself, seeing as you utterly hate the idea of Pac-Man.
What does my personal belief have to do with my argument? You don't understand confirmation bias. Confirmation bias is when you try to make the data fit your hypothesis at the same time ignoring or rationalizing things that don't fit the theory. This is stuff like people ignoring the characters weren't at E3 when the rumor said they would. It's also a double standard because any other rumor would have been instantly thrown out. Instead, we have people who are trying to find out why characters weren't at E3 or why it was "Pokemon from X/Y" and not a specific character. You commit confirmation bias when you do not look at the facts objectively. I have not committed confirmation bias.

I believe the leak because there is nothing that has disputed the leak and in fact, only evidence that the leak is legitimate. If Wii Fit Trainer isn't a good indication that the leak might be legitimate, I don't know what is.
He specifically said 6 characters were to be shown at E3, but three weren't. Also, as of April 27, 2014, only 6 characters have been shown. That right there puts a damper in it's credibility.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
He specifically said 6 characters were to be shown at E3, but three weren't. Also, as of April 27, 2014, only 6 characters have been shown. That right there puts a damper in it's credibility.
Even though 4/6 of the characters on the first list have been revealed to be in the game? A wise mate once said, marketing can turn on a dime. It's the content of the leak that mainly matters.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It was deleted, which is another reason to be suspect.

Honestly, I'd wait until MK8 to see if it even has any credibility.
I'll ask again on here.

Did NyaseNye do a similar thing? I do recall she ran away after people gave him/her **** about her fetish with Peach, but I'm not sure if she deleted her post in response. She is a legitimate leaker.
I'm 99% sure this leak is the real deal, to my own spite I might add. I already believed it when he got the E3 trio right, but now that he nailed Greninja on the day of the Direct, plus his list doesn't include any of the million deconfirmations from the Direct either, it's pretty much for certain imo. Predicting every newcomer thus far except Rosalina isn't luck, Sal's source knows stuff. Whether he has spilled all the beans remains to be seen of course, but I'm just going in with the mindset that these characters are all but confirmed. I don't really care for any of them though, and outright despise some of them, so party at my place if I'm wrong.
I'm sure there's more after the Salromano leak. Mewtwo and a retro characters have been hinted at, so I'm heavily expecting them. We may also get another character afterwards (I still think we're getting a DK newcomer, though I'm not as absolute as before). Remember that Salromano did not leak Rosalina, so it's not like he knows every character on the list.

Wii Fit Trainer was almost never brought up anywhere and she has never been seriously predicted to be playable or supported for that matter. If you had brought Wii Fit Trainer up during E3 2013 as a serious choice, you would have been laughed out of the building. These reasoning were made in hindsight and were the equivalent of Snake's shock reveal during E3 2006.
This has been what I've been trying to tell people for a while. Thanks for this direct source.

I've heard that the opposite was confirmed; that outside drifting was confirmed.
I don't know for sure, though.
Looks like you were right after all.

I'd be curious to see a source on this if you could find it. Also, would it be possible to be both outside and inside drifting in a Mario Kart game?
Anyway, the original post makes it sound like Sal's the leaker. People still don't know that it isn't Sal that's giving out the leaks, but his tipper. He's just like the rest of us trying to believe the leaks, and he sort of does.
Fixed or at least I think I did.

That's the RosalinaX leak, not the salromano/gematsu leak. If any leak could come true, it's the RosalinaX leak, but unlike the salromano/gematsu leak, there's not really any direct evidence that supports it. We have to wait and see if we get inside drifting with tweaks for MK8 before we start assuming it's real (at best we can say it might be).

I wouldn't be surprised if the outdated info the tipper has stretches back to the very early development times. While it's safe to say that all of these characters leaked now are guarantee to be in (if we believe the leak that is), that may not always be the case. Let's say that Salromano gets more information from tippers to leak another batch of characters and these are it:

Mewtwo
Takamaru
King K. Rool
Dixie Kong
Roy

I could say it's safe to assume that Mewtwo, Takamaru and K. Rool are playable because these are the characters I would imagine are either planned from the start or not being developed at all. But Dixie Kong and Roy, not so much. If this is truly a list of planned characters for this game, these characters could still be planned to be included, but it would not necessarily ensure their inclusions in the final roster. Sakurai may run into time constraints and be force to cut them. It would help their chance, but it would not make them guarantee.

I actually do want to make a big write-up regarding Dinoman's info and what it means for the salromano/Gematsu leak. We may be looking at a list of planned characters, not necessarily a list of characters that are in the final roster.
There's quite a few things to discuss regarding the salromano/Gematsu leak:

- Validity of the leak
- When salromano/Gematsu may leak another batch of characters (if at all)
- If this is a list of characters that are playable or just a planned list of characters.
- Comparing other potentially real leaks to this one (like how people have been relating the RosalinaX leak to the salromano/Gematsu leak)
Sakurai complained about not having new IP's for Brawl. Now that Sakurai expanded what characters could make it in Smash with the inclusion of Villager, I think a roster would include many new series. This Sal leak matches up with this idea.

Villager
Wii Fit Trainer
Mii
Shulk
Chorus Men
Don't forget Mega Man, Pac-Man and Little Mac. That brings us up to eight new franchise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom