• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Thread For the Sal Romano/Gematsu Leak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Now though, the question remains... If Lucas is indeed cut, but the RosalinaX leak turns out to be true... does this mean Mewtwo is back?
The Rosalina X leak even said the character count could change, which would fit in with Lucas being on the fence. Weird.

iam8bit

Smash Ace
The real kicker is Chorus Men. Just like "Wii Fit Trainer", there's not much of a chance of that being a random guess.

By the way, what's the deal with that Namco character leak? I'd imagine the leaker would've mention that.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Plus, the game's out in September. Meaning it'll be going gold in August.

There's absolutely NO way they'd be worried about cutting Ness or Lucas at this point, the roster would have been decided a hell of a long time ago.

Shroob

Sup?
Plus, the game's out in September. Meaning it'll be going gold in August.

There's absolutely NO way they'd be worried about cutting Ness or Lucas at this point, the roster would have been decided a hell of a long time ago.
The game's out in October tho.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Goddess Palutena is not her name, so it's false information. Just like calling Luigi "Luigi Mario" would be.
She's a Goddess in Kid Icarus. It's her race/title/role/position/whatever. This is grasping too much at straws. It's the same character as well. -_-

It's the same difference.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
She's a Goddess in Kid Icarus. It's her race/title/role/position/whatever. This is grasping too much at straws. It's the same character as well. -_-

Agreed. So if the guy said "Mii Fighter and Palutena" people wouldn't be griping, but since he said "goddess," which she is, people are still calling fake? Oh come on...

TheAnvil

Smash Hero

It's not the same thing though, it's false information. Just because she's a Goddess, it's not in her name so it's entirely irrelevant.

"Plumber Mario" would be wrong.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/69267568

Do I have to remind people that discussion of RosalinaX is not allowed in here? Even if we do end up with forty-eight characters and four cuts, it would only be a coincidence that it fit with the RosalinaX leak; it doesn't prove the leak true.
No i'd say if we end up with 48 characters and 4 cuts RosalinaX was a legit leaker.

just because someone wrote a very long explanation of why its probably fake and not true doesn't mean they proved it false. it was never proved fake. no one came out and said they faked it and no one was able to point out some undeniable factual proof it was fake. nothing proving it fake was ever found.

that said, since its looking HIGHLY likely that 48 characters 4 cuts is likely i'd say it's worth discussing. not as FACT but as a possible leak.

leaks arent here to just be discredited. they arent "bosses" to defeat. they are possible INFORMATION about the game and if that is true information i want to discuss it because I care about figuring out this games roster.

Rosalinax even says "not sure about Lucas" just like Sal.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It's not the same thing though, it's false information. Just because she's a Goddess, it's not in her name so it's entirely irrelevant.

That wouldn't be wrong either.

Unless he said Dr. Mario, which is an actual character. Saying her role means little. It's also how the sentence could be written "The Goddess(Goddess is always capitalized in often capitalized to show it's a notable role to the character, not as a name) Palutena shows up."

@salromano: Could you show us the exact list and how it was written? This ridiculously weak point needs to be nipped in the bud already.

TheDMonroeShow

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3695-0037-2189
Uh, yes. That is the gist of it. That's the gist of not liking anything ever, really.

Anyway, I couldn't care less about concept. I care about the character. Mario is by far the most boring character in the game, but he's cool because, well, he's Mario. Ridley could be purple Charizard with more tail attacks and I'd still main him, day one, because he's Ridley.

Somewhere, in all this speculation, people seem to forget that not everyone cares about Smash on the deepest level. I love Metroid. Therefore, I want Metroid properly represented. THEREFORE, I want Ridley in because he's a cool-*** character and the main villain of Metroid. I don't care how unique he is or isn't. He's Ridley. That's all I care about.
Uh, yes. That is the gist of it. That's the gist of not liking anything ever, really.

Anyway, I couldn't care less about concept. I care about the character. Mario is by far the most boring character in the game, but he's cool because, well, he's Mario. Ridley could be purple Charizard with more tail attacks and I'd still main him, day one, because he's Ridley.

Somewhere, in all this speculation, people seem to forget that not everyone cares about Smash on the deepest level. I love Metroid. Therefore, I want Metroid properly represented. THEREFORE, I want Ridley in because he's a cool-*** character and the main villain of Metroid. I don't care how unique he is or isn't. He's Ridley. That's all I care about.
You know what man i want ridley to, in fact hes my number 2. But you can't call it "boring" because it doesnt have your favorite character. This is by far the most interesting roster we've gotten

I believe you need to look up what boring means, i mean you say you would be fine with ridely as a charziard clone. Now that would be boring because its the same damn moveset.

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853

Unless he said Dr. Mario, which is an actual character. Saying her role means little. It's also how the sentence could be written "The Goddess(Goddess is always capitalized in often capitalized to show it's a notable role to the character, not as a name) Palutena shows up."

@salromano: Could you show us the exact list and how it was written? This ridiculously weak point needs to be nipped in the bud already.
He already said he wouldn't 'to protect the leaker'.

GOofyGV

Smash Lord

Tides

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Yoichx
Goddess Palutena is not her name, so it's false information. Just like calling Luigi "Luigi Mario" would be.

This argument is far fetched. It is essentially Palutena either way you look at it. Saying that it's false information just because she was referred to as Goddess Palutena (which is what she is referred to as in KIU I believe) doesn't make sense.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero

Sorry but he listed them as the characters. He listed the character as "Goddess Palutena". So it was wrong, no matter HOW much you try and spin it.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Sorry but he listed them as the characters. He listed the character as "Goddess Palutena". So it was wrong, no matter HOW much you try and spin it.
And completely irrelevant in every way. Big deal. Also, did Sal not say he didn't copy it exactly and put it in himself? He typed it that way as more or less a joke.

Straw. Grasping. Please just stop and provide a real argument or leave it be. Nobody is seriously buying it because it holds literally zero water. Same character.

It only would make sense if it was an entirely different character and we got something else. Being slightly off doesn't matter and never will in the grand scheme of things. You need really wrong information to hold a point. So far, none of his has been wrong enough to hurt the leak at all. Our actual key thing now is Chorus Men and if DLC is available. If it isn't available, then the leaker was lying. If Chorus Men don't show up(and nor does Marshall), the leaker was lying.

BelowZer0

Smash Apprentice
Ya I'm going to have to agree with HyperFalcon and Noiblade. Saying its wrong because it says Goddess is by far an extremely weak point.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Arguing about Sal calling her Goddess Palutena when he gets the harder title in Mii Fighter correct kind of neutralizes this argument.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
And completely irrelevant in every way. Big deal. Also, did Sal not say he didn't copy it exactly and put it in himself? He typed it that way as more or less a joke.

Straw. Grasping. Please just stop and provide a real argument or leave it be. Nobody is seriously buying it because it holds literally zero water. Same character.

It only would make sense if it was an entirely different character and we got something else. Being slightly off doesn't matter and never will in the grand scheme of things. You need really wrong information to hold a point. So far, none of his has been wrong enough to hurt the leak at all. Our actual key thing now is Chorus Men and if DLC is available. If it isn't available, then the leaker was lying. If Chorus Men don't show up(and nor does Marshall), the leaker was lying.
Like I said, you can try and spin it whatever way you want.

The information was false. End of.

Arguing about Sal calling her Goddess Palutena when he gets the harder title in Mii Fighter correct kind of neutralizes this argument.
They neutralize eachother. People are saying the leak is legit because of "Mii Fighter", and yet dismiss "Goddess Palutena" andit's completely hypocritical.

Last edited:

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
And the fact he calls it just 'Mii' instead of 'Mii Fighter' in the first leak kinda neutralizes that argument, too.

So far as I'm concerned we're back at square one, but that's just me.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
People are saying the leak is legit because of "Mii Fighter", and yet dismiss "Goddess Palutena" andit's completely hypocritical.
We just got two characters confirmed from the first leak, Mii and Palutena. These tiny details barely affect it at all. It only further credits the leak.

Keep in mind the leak is not legit until all characters mentioned show up. But it's even more believable since nobody was disconfirmed.

And nobody cares about a lame name but you. Seriously, everybody is shrugging because it's still the same character anyway.

We're dismissing the notion that it matters or hurts the leak. The problem with the Mii thing is that he clearly saw a list and it had Mii and Palutena on it. Whether Sal or him described her as a Goddess is irrelevant. It does confirm that he knew they were called Mii Fighters before the actual video was shown, and that he blatantly nicknamed her with the term Goddess. That's literally the only legitimate explanation. Look at the timing given the e-mail, it was just yesterday. He's almost entirely likely still working for Nintendo. Also, we don't know if Sal himself decided to add in the term Goddess or if it was in the e-mail. I would like him to answer that, though.

No matter how you spin it, it's severe straw grasping and useless against the leak.

RankoChan

Smash Apprentice
This brings back so many memories! Haha, back in the pre-Brawl days I was a regular on nsider and nsider2 and folks were so adamant that the "chaoszero leak" and "35 roster leak" were fake despite the massive amount of evidence towards them:

http://nsider2.com/forums/index.php...5-character-roster-edit-this-was-before-leak/
http://nsider2.com/forums/index.php/topic/96430-new-rumors/

I was pretty naive myself back then; I couldn't bring myself to believe Brawl would only have 35 (39 w/trans) characters! It's pretty funny looking back on it now though! A lot of the legit Brawl leakers got treated like dirt unfortunately by the more immature members of the community back then.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
They neutralize each other. People are saying the leak is legit because of "Mii Fighter", and yet dismiss "Goddess Palutena" and it's completely hypocritical.
Most people can distinguish between a title and a name. Princess Zelda and Zelda refer to the exact same character. Just because he labels her as Goddess Palutena, which is a title of hers as has been pointed out, does not change the substance of the information being presented.

D

Deleted member

No i'd say if we end up with 48 characters and 4 cuts RosalinaX was a legit leaker.

just because someone wrote a very long explanation of why its probably fake and not true doesn't mean they proved it false. it was never proved fake. no one came out and said they faked it and no one was able to point out some undeniable factual proof it was fake. nothing proving it fake was ever found.

that said, since its looking HIGHLY likely that 48 characters 4 cuts is likely i'd say it's worth discussing. not as FACT but as a possible leak.

leaks arent here to just be discredited. they arent "bosses" to defeat. they are possible INFORMATION about the game and if that is true information i want to discuss it because I care about figuring out this games roster.

Rosalinax even says "not sure about Lucas" just like Sal.
Just look at this part:
He said 48 characters for smash ( it could change ) also he mentions 4 characters are cut from smash also no release date.
While it is possible for the leak to be disproven, it is impossible for the leak to be proven legitimate. As long as there are four cuts, we could see fifty character from the start and RosalinaX would still technically be correct. The only way to definitively close the story is by disproving it, not proving it. So if the roster does end up with forty-eight characters and four cuts, that would not prove the leak as legitimate by any means, just means that it can't be disproven.

Also, I never went into the RosalinaX actively trying to disproved it. The group and I who worked on the RosalinaX case gave RosalinaX a chance (and many of us even leaned towards it being true at some point). I looked into every single possibility that RosalinaX could have been legitimate and after being 99% sure he was a fake, I wrote it. As far as I'm concern, forty-eight characters and four cuts will be a coincidence.
same could be said about the sal romano leak tho
Sal Romano has leaked specific characters after specific characters and has been right every single time. Sal's leak can be proven if everyone gets in and each character reveal has made the leak more legitimate. RosalinaX is nowhere near the same level as Sal's leak.

PurpleSpaceDragon

Smash Journeyman
Participating characters: Pac-Man, Mii Fighter, Goddess Palutena, Shulk, Chrom, Chorus Men (none of these are new, obv, so I take he means these are the participating characters for E3?)
So Sal's leaker is saying that Pac-Man, Shulk, Chrom and Chorus Men will all be revealed later this E3, right?

Or did Sal clarify this to mean something else?

ScottyWK

Smash Lord
NNID
ScottyWK
3DS FC
3239-4428-9575
So Sal's leaker is saying that Pac-Man, Shulk, Chrom and Chorus Men will all be revealed later this E3, right?

I wouldn't bank on E3. He just said participating, not "to be shown at E3." Except for Mii and PacMan, who were supposed to be at E3 last year.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465

He doesn't know himself. I take it to mean those are the last newcomers we'll see before release not counting potential DLC.

Last edited:

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
Sal Romano has leaked specific characters after specific characters and has been right every single time. Sal's leak can be proven if everyone gets in and each character reveal has made the leak more legitimate. RosalinaX is nowhere near the same level as Sal's leak.
most of them where choises the general public also expected to be in. I don't really think it's that different. its not like guessing the exact amount of characters right is that easy anyway.

that said I think people take both leaks way overboard :ace:

D

Deleted member

most of them where choises the general public also expected to be in. I don't really think it's that different. its not like guessing the exact amount of characters right is that easy anyway.

that said I think people take both leaks way overboard :ace:
While most of them were expected choices, I can 99.99% guarantee you that no one though of Chorus Men and Wii Fit Trainer as serious possibilities as playable characters. And while they don't help the leak too much, Villager and a Pokémon from X & Y were difficult guesses.

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853

Well, he said we'd get a bunch of characters last E3, too, and half of them didn't show up. So take it with a grain of salt.

PurpleSpaceDragon

Smash Journeyman
Hmmm, seems like the leaker may not speak / write English very well, hence Sal's own confusion. Either way, why can't Sal release the text of the emails verbatim (or maybe a very few choice words of Sal's choosing swapped for synonyms)? I don't see how that would endanger the leaker's identity at all.

Last edited:

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Just look at this part:While it is possible for the leak to be disproven, it is impossible for the leak to be proven legitimate. As long as there are four cuts, we could see fifty character from the start and RosalinaX would still technically be correct. The only way to definitively close the story is by disproving it, not proving it. So if the roster does end up with forty-eight characters and four cuts, that would not prove the leak as legitimate by any means, just means that it can't be disproven.

Also, I never went into the RosalinaX actively trying to disproved it. The group and I who worked on the RosalinaX case gave RosalinaX a chance (and many of us even leaned towards it being true at some point). I looked into every single possibility that RosalinaX could have been legitimate and after being 99% sure he was a fake, I wrote it. As far as I'm concern, forty-eight characters and four cuts will be a coincidence.Sal Romano has leaked specific characters after specific characters and has been right every single time. Sal's leak can be proven if everyone gets in and each character reveal has made the leak more legitimate. RosalinaX is nowhere near the same level as Sal's leak.

I'd say your totally right that the leak can't be proven real or a coincidence if we get 48 and 4 cuts EXCEPT that now Sal has said that the developers weren't sure about Ness and Lucas and are probably cutting Lucas.

RosalinaX said the SAME thing.

Sorry I know you guys did a real good job of leak busting but I wouldn't stand by your guns on this one just because a lot of work went into it, RosalinaX might be a real leak and this might be a perfect example of nit picking leaks and throwing them out without ACTUALLY debunking them.

and i get that might not be what you want if your the one who wrote all that or did all that research but be realistic now that we have sal saying lucas might be cut AND rosalinax said the same thing PLUS it's looking very likely that we will have 48 characters and 4 cuts...

Last edited:

QuickRat

Smash Journeyman
Sorry, but I find ridiculous that "Palutena is a Godess but not Godess Palutena" thing. What we know is this leak stated 11 newcomers... as for today there are 8 newcomers confirmed... And it guessed 7 of them. And none of the remaining predictions (Pac-Man, Shulk, Chrom and Chorus Men) are deconfirmed. So let's recognise that leak was legit.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
I'd say your totally right that the leak can't be proven real or a coincidence if we get 48 and 4 cuts EXCEPT that now Sal has said that the developers weren't sure about Ness and Lucas and are probably cutting Lucas.

RosalinaX said the SAME thing.

Sorry I know you guys did a real good job of leak busting but I wouldn't stand by your guns on this one just because a lot of work went into it, RosalinaX might be a real leak and this might be a perfect example of nit picking leaks and throwing them out without ACTUALLY debunking them.

and i get that might not be what you want if your the one who wrote all that or did all that research but be realistic now that we have sal saying lucas might be cut AND rosalinax said the same thing PLUS it's looking very likely that we will have 48 characters and 4 cuts...
Exactly my thoughts. With the CSS leak, we had concrete proof that it was false. We had font issues, wonky characters, etc. Even before the guy came forward and said he made the fake, we had good evidence against it.

The evidence that people bring forth against the Sal leak has always been speculative at best. Supporting evidence outside of the evidence provided has been speculative too, but the difference is there's actual evidence supporting the leak whereas the evidence against it is next to none. Now as we get closer and closer to it being true, people seem to really be grasping at straw to say the guy got lucky or still doesn't know what he's talking about.

It's kind of sad. It's one thing to be on the fence and awaiting further evidence. It's another to have that evidence in front of you and deny its existence.

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
Sorry, but I find ridiculous that "Palutena is a Godess but not Godess Palutena" thing. What we know is this leak stated 11 newcomers... as for today there are 8 newcomers confirmed... And it guessed 7 of them. And none of the remaining predictions (Pac-Man, Shulk, Chrom and Chorus Men) are deconfirmed. So let's recognise that leak was legit.
I'm still unsure of the second leaks validity. The first one's pretty much legit, but I'm still not convinced that Shulk, Chrom, and Chorus Men are absolute locks or that there are no other potential newcomers aside from the four left. Sakurai has to be able to do better than Chrom and Chorus Men (Shulk and Pac-Man are alright with me).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom