• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Thread For the Sal Romano/Gematsu Leak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bravetriforcer

Smash Ace
And for those angry that Sal's leak may be right, fear not. He also leaked DLC characters. So there is definitely a silver lining if you hate Sal's leak and it turns out correct.
Miis get three movesets at once and you have to pay $5 for an actual character you wanted.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Odds are this is legit. I mean, you know if you're a fan of probability and math and all. (Not confirmed yet though.)

IF Ness OR Lucas are cut I REALLY hope they are one of the DLC characters.

QJD1381

Smash Apprentice
Today once again proved nothing. Mii and Palutena were woefully easy guesses (even if the former is venomously hated). Until I see Chorus men, this leak has no legs to stand on far as I'm concerned.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I am all for DLC, by the way. Capcom renewed my interest in Street Fighter 4 by releasing Hugo and Poison for the game, I want the same to happen to Smash, when I start getting tired of the game. But please Nintendo, don't release DLC right after the release of the game. Wait at least six months or so. Thank you.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Today once again proved nothing. Mii and Palutena were woefully easy guesses (even if the former is venomously hated). Until I see Chorus men, this leak has no legs to stand on far as I'm concerned.
Might as well call the leak "the Chorus Kids leak" instead. :x

itsaxelol

Smash Ace
Flaming Warning Received
mii FIGHTER you dimwit. cmon how can people be this dumb. how do you function in everyday life

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Are we 4 characters short to fulfill this or what? It's basically all but confirmed at this point, now's just the question when we'll see Pac, Chrom, Shulk and Chorus Men. Hopefully it's not all that is to the newcomer roster, but I think that's pretty much it, even if incredibly dissapointing.

SeatreasureReturned

Smash Apprentice
I can only hope that the leaker gave out some false info to throw in the mix because I am going to be ticked if Lucas is cut. There is no reason both Mother boys can't be in the game. Save Lucas!

Shroob

Sup?
As weird as it is, if Snake, Squirtle, Ivy and Lucas are our only cuts, people were right to put the RosalinaX rumor and this together...

Stalking Fury

Smash Apprentice
He stated Mii FIGHTER, not just Mii. Jeez. And his character list isn't tainted. Animal Crossing Guy, Wii Fit Trainer, Mega Man, Little Mac, Palutena, Mii Fighter, and the Pokemon from X and Y aren't all just lucky guesses.

Last edited:

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
As weird as it is, if Snake, Squirtle, Ivy and Lucas are our only cuts, people were right to put the RosalinaX rumor and this together...

I think I might have been the FIRST person to do that and I've been mentioning how it fits for the last couple pages...

that would also mean 1 more newcomer we don't know about, which is exciting.

Reila

There are still people calling the leak fake? Come on, there is a limit for being delusional. It sucks if one of your most wanted characters isn't in Romano's leaks, but it can't be helped. My most wanted character, Ridley, was never mentioned by Sal Romano and he just said he have no more information about other characters. So what does that mean? Ridley is possibly not in the game (playable). Even so, Romano was still right about most newcomers we get. So, at least the fist bunch of leaks are 100% legit. Yes, Palutena was in the second bunch of leaks, but he could have put here there because of the 3DS screens leak. I am personally choosing to believe him. If he is wrong, yay. If he is right, oh well, I was prepared .

Last edited:

ScottyWK

Smash Lord
NNID
ScottyWK
3DS FC
3239-4428-9575
I thought Sakurai said somewhere that if DLC became a thing for Smash it would be free? Please correct me if I'm wrong.
I don't think Sakurai is the one that makes that final decision. And I'm not sure this has been stated at all.

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
Apparently "anyone could have guessed Wii Fit Trainer"

It's so obvious the leak is real.
Sakurai admitted that he looked at making Mii's playable in Brawl.

I was around for Brawl. People were seriously predicting Mii's.

Gee, it all adds up and fits together so nicely.

Palutena was an easy guess?
Sakurai developed Kid Icarus: Uprising, which revived the series. Sakurai's bias for his work is pretty obvious throughout the entire series. It was almost as safe a guess as Pac-Man.

Last edited:

Bravetriforcer

Smash Ace
"Wow guys, this leak just correctly predicted two more characters! Confirmed fake."

-Smashboards logic
Oh wow, Palutena and Miis. Those totally weren't characters literally anyone part of the fanbase didn't have on their radar as so likely it wasn't even funny.

Not like Gematsu being real or fake even matters with how few of its predictions are left.

Last edited:

samsparta21

Smash Ace
Sakurai admitted that he looked at making Mii's playable in Brawl.

I was around for Brawl. People were seriously predicting Mii's.

Gee, it all adds up and fits together so nicely.

Sakurai developed Kid Icarus: Uprising, which revived the series. Sakurai's bias for his work is pretty obvious throughout the entire series. It was almost as safe a guess as Pac-Man.
You are in such extreme denial. This guy predicted Wii Fit Trainer. WII FIT TRAINER. Isn't that proof enough?

Minato Arisato

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinyBachuru
3DS FC
1392-5292-2267
The leak's making me feel sick to my stomach...and not in a good way.

Or it could be that I just felt sick this morning...

KingLucasx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LordViLL
At first I was leading towards fake with this leak. Then the miis are called Mii Fighter as he wrote in his latest leak(telling me that's an easy name to guess) stop being delusional people!

Last edited:

Noiblade

Smash Journeyman
NNID
47keyblader
Hey guys, I do want to point out something.

There was a leak earlier. I'm not sure who it was from(This was from a couple weeks ago)

That leak literally gave the exact lines Palutena and pit said.
Right down to the fact Pit was fighting Link.

I'm gonna go find it to see if it matches up with Gematsu.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
if it was just a random leak that had mii's and palutena on it i'd give it to the deniers as not being all that impressive of a guess...

but your forgetting that this is the SAME guy who predicted wii fit trainer megaman villager little mac and ( kind of "pokemon from x and y" ) greninja and has lasted a year without any disconfirmation of any characters.

its real. get over it.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Believing this more and more...I really want Pac-Man next. If Chorus Men is revealed though, then I'm just all in on this.

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
You are in such extreme denial. This guy predicted Wii Fit Trainer. WII FIT TRAINER. Isn't that proof enough?
Like I've said before, I'm waiting for lightning to strike twice. And like I said before, I'm willing to admit I was wrong when it does. He's had several chances to do just that. Several COMPLETELY UNIQUE CHANCES to do just that, and he's pretty much missed every single one.

All the evidence is there that the guy doesn't have all the information at best. My mind won't change 'til I see the Chorus Men trailer. Sorry, man.

EDIT: Alternatively, I may be willing to loosen my grip when Shulk gets confirmed.

Last edited:

ScottyWK

Smash Lord
NNID
ScottyWK
3DS FC
3239-4428-9575
Hey guys, I do want to point out something.

There was a leak earlier. I'm not sure who it was from(This was from a couple weeks ago)

That leak literally gave the exact lines Palutena and pit said.
Right down to the fact Pit was fighting Link.

I'm gonna go find it to see if it matches up with Gematsu.
Please do - this intrigues me.

Meleefan

Smash Cadet
I really cannot visualize Pacman in this game, guys. Sakurai might make it work, but if it were up to me.. I'd choose Ryu as a newcomer.

Reila

I really cannot visualize Pacman in this game, guys. Sakurai might make it work, but if it were up to me.. I'd choose Ryu as a newcomer.
I would have choose Ryu over Mega Man, maybe. But what does he have to do with Pac-Man? lol

Anyway, it is not our job to visualize Pac-Man in this game, that is up to Sakurai and the employees in Sora Ltd/Namco Bandai.

domokl

Smash Lord
Welp this is true. So he said that chorus men shulk chrom and pac will all be in e3 so were in for a heck of a e3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom