• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Thread For the Sal Romano/Gematsu Leak

Status
Not open for further replies.

salromano

Smash Rookie
Hey, guys.

Funny that this page is talking about a new e-mail, because that's exactly why I'm here. Received one last night, but missed it in the mix of all this crazy E3 coverae.

But there's not much new about it, so I didn't think it was worth posting on the site.

I'll leave what it says here, though, in case you guys can use it in any way.

Basically, I was told that:

- Last E3 before game's launch (obviously)
- Participating characters: Pac-Man, Mii Fighter, Goddess Palutena, Shulk, Chrom, Chorus Men (none of these are new, obv, so I take he means these are the participating characters for E3?)
- There has been internal debate about keeping Lucas versus Ness, apparently Lucas is likely to get the cut
- Nintendo is planning post-launch character DLC, source doesn't like this as he thinks it's greedy

And that's it. This E3 should make or break whether this guy's the real deal. Let's hope for the best! =)

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Hey, guys.

Funny that this page is talking about a new e-mail, because that's exactly why I'm here. Received one last night, but missed it in the mix of all this crazy E3 coverae.

But there's not much new about it, so I didn't think it was worth posting on the site.

- Participating characters: Pac-Man, Mii Fighter, Goddess Palutena, Shulk, Chrom, Chorus Men (none of these are new, obv, so I take he means these are the participating characters for E3?)
- There has been internal debate about keeping Lucas versus Ness, apparently Lucas is likely to get the cut
- Nintendo is planning post-launch character DLC, source doesn't like this as he thinks it's greedy

And that's it. This E3 should make or break whether this guy's the real deal. Let's hope for the best! =)
Interesting. No new characters?

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Hey, guys.

And this is from 4chan? I really doubt it. This doesn't give us anything 'new', and I HIGHLY doubt that they're still debating on cutting Lucas or not. The roster is DONE by this point.

Last edited:

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
And this is from 4chan? I really doubt it. This doesn't give us anything 'new', and I HIGHLY doubt that they're still debating on cutting Lucas or not. The roster is DONE by this point.
I'd imagine 'has been' means in the past, although it's a really weird way of wording it.

Noiblade

Smash Journeyman
NNID
47keyblader
Hey, guys.

EDIT:Nevermind I read it wrong

Last edited:

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
Do some reading. 4Chan was stating baseless stuff about Isaac and Bandanna Dee/Waddle Dee. Obviously, now we know this isn't the case.

Morbi

Scavenger
Well darn. My Lucas hope just went to crap. :(
My Lucas hope shot through the roof as I tend to believe the opposite of what this leaker asserts; it is even more apparent that it is fake as he could not come up with another reasonable leak despite (in my opinion) obvious characters that are about to be revealed today; for instance, Ridley.

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
For the guy's protection, I'd rather not share a copy+paste of the e-mail. I hope you can understand. =)
What protection could the guy possibly need? Game probably drops in a month or two anyway. If he hadn't been thrown out on his ass after the first 'leak' causing enormous damage, he's in the clear.

Shroob

Sup?
Sorta wish I hadn't heard that last part, haha... Always hurts when the one character you've been defending for a year pretty much gets a nail in the coffin.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Do you think he means characters participating in the game, period?

Morbi

Scavenger
What protection could the guy possibly need? Game probably drops in a month or two anyway. If he hadn't been thrown out on his *** after the first 'leak' causing enormous damage, he's in the clear.
The original phrasing would give us too much clarity, so why illuminate a non-existent email (yes, I am insinuating such) that could EASILY be altered to "protect" someone who is likely already anonymous? I already answered that question, I am just being dramatic.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
lol how can that even be? xD
As in, those listed newcomers are all the newcomers we have left. That would be a pretty nightmarish scenario, but the Smash fanbase is quite familiar with nightmare scenario final rosters by now, so it's not that far-fetched.

Tides

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Yoichx
Sorta wish I hadn't heard that last part, haha... Always hurts when the one character you've been defending for a year pretty much gets a nail in the coffin.
If he is cut, maybe he'll be one of the DLC characters? Better than not being in the roster at all, right?
Feeling very insecure right now. :c:crying::cry:

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Let's take to account that not all of Sal's 6 were fully announced last E3, so if we get other characters announced that aren't on the list such as Ridley and K. Rool, then the others till have hope. But if a majority of this list is put on, specifically Marshal, there's no way we can disbelieve it anymore

Also, poor Lucas :(. But since he and Ness are the same height, perhaps a voice, name, and alt for him?

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
Can you go in-depth about Lucas? I mean, yes, I'm a bit of a Lucas fanboy, but a cut in general is a pretty big deal...
I am sure that Lucas is more safe than Ness to be perfectly honest, sure Ness has the golden parachute (which is irrelevant as this leak is not necessarily plausible, something that everyone will come to understand in half an hour. However, based on precedent, that is essentially antithetical to what we have seen. As far as I am aware, Lucas always had the edge.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Hi salromano, I sitll refuse to believe your leak. That's all I had to say.

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
As far as I'm aware, this leak was dead as soon as he said they still were trying to decide on a character.

salromano

Smash Rookie
Hi salromano, I sitll refuse to believe your leak. That's all I had to say.
It's fine, lol. I won't 100 percent believe it until it happens either. The only reason it's worth talking about though is because it has a solid foundation.

Ginger Hail

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I think it's safe to say today will make or break the leak. The bit about Lucas sounds especially fishy, but everything else isn't too far out of line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom