• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Southern Alberta Power Rankings (09/02/2013)

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
I will bet any amount of money that Allan won't win the tournament (we're talking Melee right?)

I suppose I should reword that. I agree, it's only been one tournament, but like I said, I would've loved to be #2 for a week before not even making top 5 this weekend.

As for melee, I never plan to quit either, Melee has been a significant part of my life, what I can say however is that I can't see myself being a top player much longer, I feel like I'll be the Sid of Calgary, just kinda always loving melee and being involved, but ultimately having a life and always being a known old player who is good but not the best.

edit: and I see you and simon falling into similar positions, depending on what happens with P:M, Smash 4, and other games. How is Marvel going for you btw

sleak-

Smash Journeyman
I will bet any amount of money that Allan won't win the tournament (we're talking Melee right?)

I suppose I should reword that. I agree, it's only been one tournament, but like I said, I would've loved to be #2 for a week before not even making top 5 this weekend.

As for melee, I never plan to quit either, Melee has been a significant part of my life, what I can say however is that I can't see myself being a top player much longer, I feel like I'll be the Sid of Calgary, just kinda always loving melee and being involved, but ultimately having a life and always being a known old player who is good but not the best.

edit: and I see you and simon falling into similar positions, depending on what happens with P:M, Smash 4, and other games. How is Marvel going for you btw
I have no hopes for smash 4, but i like PM and can accept it. I actualyl have for a marvel tournament on feb 17th, so i got 2 back-to-back tournament to go within a week its gonan be bussssssyyy

Tyson651

Smash Lord
Real talk?

I'm expecting huge jumps this tournament, I'm pretty much ready to step down as a top contender and I feel like Simon and Paul are in the same boat, we're all very good players, but we've all got lives and other things we're working on and with people like Arthur and Matt who every time I see them get a little bit stronger, and are really thinking critically about their play, they will soon be shooting straight up to the top ranks.

I just wish there was a P:M Ranking image made so that I could be #2 in that before this tournament so my legacy could be remembered there as well.

Too bad too, cause I'm gonna get rocked (specifically by Ben)
Lol

:phone:

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
I have no hopes for smash 4, but i like PM and can accept it. I actualyl have for a marvel tournament on feb 17th, so i got 2 back-to-back tournament to go within a week its gonan be bussssssyyy
The one at ****en's? I was considering going but I don't think I can.

Problem?

Calgary vs edmonton pm crews gotta happen
I feel like without Luke, Edmonton would get rocked.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I can see Edmonton getting top 4 or even top 6 in pm. Also top 2 in melee with a possibility of top 3 (this is not including me).

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
Lol I think yourr giving yourself too much credit brad

please explain in what way I could possibly be giving myself too much credit.

Especially considering I just finished posting about how I'm not gonna do well in anything this tournament.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
"im one of the best, but not gonna try so don't look at me if I do bad this time. But im still the best."

This is how I interpret your posts.

UltimateMach5

Smash Rookie
no no no no bros, what brad's talking about is the new meta. The new meta is to option select all over the place and in real life.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
Hahaha.

Hey guys, I'm gonna win doubles first place, but I may or may not try my best so if I don't get first, I wasn't trying.

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
Since you guys are being pretty stupid I'll try again, clearly labeling the facts for you.

***I highly doubt I am even top 5 material for the coming tournament***

***Fact of the matter, if a P:M PR was made at this exact moment, nobody could argue that I could be anywhere but 2nd***

Tyson651

Smash Lord
Minus the arrogance, then yes, that is close to what you said.

Keyword: arrogance

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
please tell me where the arrogance was tyson.

Seriously. Show me.

Cause naming off numerous people I think are better than me? That's arrogant, right?

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
y didnt you invite anyone to your practice sessions, im kinda pissed you have an exclusive club where matt just johns 24-7

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
y didnt you invite anyone to your practice sessions, im kinda pissed you have an exclusive club where matt just johns 24-7
I invite my friends to hang out, and smash just happens to be something we do. It's not a smashfest.

Whenever I've hosted smashfests nobody says anything and then the community tries to tell me I don't do anything for it.

What about that is arrogant Tyson, are you telling me that I am not currently (forgetting that it will change this weekend) 3rd for melee and would be 2nd for Project M?

Like, the post was explaining how I won't be, but the fact that I currently am still stands.

I seriously don't get it.

edit: Do people not get that "my legacy" is a joke because there was only one tournament where half the players hadn't played P:M before? is that it?

Tyson651

Smash Lord
If you don't see the arrogance in it then it's useless to explain to you. You can already see other people feel the same.

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
I'm just confused. I honestly don't get why there is an issue.

edit: I'm mostly just mad about the drama too lol, Tyson hates me

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
Actually I'm just gonna settle this.

Tyson you and I both know there ain't nothing wrong with what I said and there is no seriousness behind this. So shut up lol, I'm not really feeling your **** today even if you are just provoking me as a joke. Just let it go, it's nothing new.

If you wanna start **** with me make it interesting and at least challenge me to something, rather than try to argue on the boards and make people pick sides.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
i don't hate you, you're just really annoying at times. also, i'm not making people pick sides. they picked the sides themselves. everyone thinks you're annoying and arrogant.

your head is just so far up your own butt that you don't see it.

ps. if you want me to shut up, then just block me.

Taste

Smash Apprentice
I hiiiighly recommend not going down that road. Lets all just go to brads tourney and have fun.

Top Bottom