• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Solid Snake Discussion Thread

Sinar

Smash Rookie
I deffinitly think for Snakes grab, he should be able to Choke them. Maybe another attack could be like Shieks shurikens but instead it's Snakes pistol, just rapid fire.

One joke taunt could be him reaching up to his face and act like he's getting ready to pull off a mask, and then just smile and put his hands down. (MGS4 joke trailer reference).

But yea, i'm very happy they put Snake in the game. He's one of my all time favorite videogame characters. Hideo Kojima is deffinitly the man.

Zombie Cola

Smash Ace
Ok so I'm sure all of us are pretty exited about the preview of Snake's new moveset, ( I accidentally started a new thread and was scolded for it :ohwell:) I wanna know what everyone thinks about his attacks and (what appears to be) his down B. It looks a bit slow but what do you think about the ability for it to home in? Maybe it's controllable like the Nikita (although this is clearly an RPG). What do you guys think? I also noticed that some of his attacks, particularly the Gentleman and his Kick looked very similar to C. Falcon's Smash64 move set.

icymatt

Smash Lord
Snake looked awesome. However, I think the rocket launcher was his downSmash.

Zombie Cola

Smash Ace
Snake looked awesome. However, I think the rocket launcher was his downSmash.
Yeah I agree. Only prob. is it looked a little slow, but he seemed to have plenty of time to work that barrel into Pit's mouth so I suppose it's balanced pretty well.

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
I think that for the cigarette taunt, if you hold down the taunt button, he keeps smoking and his percentage starts slowly going up (like in the games. Smoking does very slight damage.)

Zombie Cola

Smash Ace
I think that for the cigarette taunt, if you hold down the taunt button, he keeps smoking and his percentage starts slowly going up (like in the games. Smoking does very slight damage.)
I kinda dig that idea man, pretty cool. Any idea for a trade off tho, like he can then throw the smoke as a weak hitting projectile?

TriforceJ

Smash Apprentice
I was thinking of a concept similar to that:

You know how if you crouch in a Metal Gear game if Snake has a significant loss of health, he regains a certain amount of it? I was thinking that this could be implemented in Brawl. Say you're playing as Snake, and you rack up a lot of damage (well over 50%); if you crouched and weren't disturbed by enemy attacks, you would damage percentage would slowly drop back down to 50%.

It would have to be a relatively slow rate of health recovery, seeing as how something quick would be far too cheap.

100links

Smash Ace
I was thinking of a concept similar to that:

You know how if you crouch in a Metal Gear game if Snake has a significant loss of health, he regains a certain amount of it? I was thinking that this could be implemented in Brawl. Say you're playing as Snake, and you rack up a lot of damage (well over 50%); if you crouched and weren't disturbed by enemy attacks, you would damage percentage would slowly drop back down to 50%.

It would have to be a relatively slow rate of health recovery, seeing as how something quick would be far too cheap.
thats a cool idea >.o whould it have lag (or whatever thay call it)?

GenG

Smash Lord
Is this my imagination... or that uppercut thing that Snake did on Pit before the missile was almost the same as the Captain's Usmash on N64?

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
If you look closely, Snake actually is kicking Pit (that's his leg straight up in the air, not his arm).

Stryks

Smash Hero
That bazooka shot was pretty slow, thats the only thing I didnt like, pretty sure u can choose were to shoot the missile...

Zombie Cola

Smash Ace
Snake's moveset thus far.

Since we all keep speculating about what he did and how he did it I went ahead and took screens of every move that snake uses, the only thing I excluded was the roll he does before he lands.

This is the first punch he throws, most likely the start of his basic "A" combo

Second punch, again more than likely the "A" combo.

Final move after the punches, almost looks like it would have an upwards trajectory.

I'm thinking this is his fair, dunno though, could be the nair.

Judging from the video, I'm almost positive this is his Smash A.

Down A maybe?

Dair I'd say.

Up A?

Not very interesting, but noteworthy nonetheless.

Now, the highlight of the trailer.

dbzfalcon07

Smash Rookie
His taunt should be a Codec call to which Snake replies: "Kept you waiting, huh?"
I don't see why they wouldn't be able to do costume variations. A Naked Snake tiger stripe camo without eye patch and one with eye patch would be the ultimate, for me anyway. I'm happy to see his punch punch kick combo from TTS and SOL. The only thing left is to have David Hayter voice Snake.

TriforceJ

Smash Apprentice
"I [TriforceJ] was thinking of a concept similar to that:

It would have to be a relatively slow rate of health recovery, seeing as how something quick would be far too cheap."

thats a cool idea >.o whould it have lag (or whatever thay call it)?
It would have a second or two of lag, as it does in the Metal Gear games. Just to be fair.

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
Nice one, Zombie Cola. Those screenshots are pretty nice. Looks like Snake is going to be pretty strong, or at least have a pretty decent amount of knockback.

I'm just really hoping that they use the single best line from Metal Gear Solid somewhere in Brawl. You guys know what I'm talking about:

Snake? Snake?! SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!!!!!!!!!! :laugh: :laugh:

Maybe when he gets star K.O.'d...

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
Snake? Snake?! SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!!!!!!!!!! :laugh: :laugh:
I heard that all too often :(

But yeah, I would totally be down with a Snake Eater costume. Do you think he will have the tuxedo? As much as I want to say yes, I don't know how it would fit into the game aesthetically.

tehSANDMAN

Smash Apprentice
Im pretty sure that axe kick of his is going to be a spike. There is a pause after pit gets hit and it looks like he bounces of the ground. I hope his leg hits on the way up to, it looks like a badass move. Oh and zombie cola, check out 1:57 and 2:09 I think, he has grenade throws it looks like :b.

Zombie Cola

Smash Ace
Im pretty sure that axe kick of his is going to be a spike. There is a pause after pit gets hit and it looks like he bounces of the ground. I hope his leg hits on the way up to, it looks like a badass move. Oh and zombie cola, check out 1:57 and 2:09 I think, he has grenade throws it looks like :b.
IMO at 1:57 he does the dair to break that platform, just as he does on the second platform. Something else that lead me to believe this is if he were to have thrown a grenade, it would have been right between his feet, and he didn't take any damage at all. As far as 2:09 I didn't see anything suspicious. I have watched a frame by frame from 2:00-2:13 when the title pops up and Metaknight charges Wario, Wario recovers with a double jump, and Zamus kicks Snake. Snake recovers and Metaknight hits Wario with one good kick and a failed attempt at an upper sword strike at Snake. However I am not infallible and I do make mistakes, so if you guys catch something I didn't be sure to PM me with the video time and what you think you saw and I'll be sure to take note and add it (crediting you of course) to the list. Btw, this goes for any character, PM me if you want a breakdown and I'll be more than happy to list out the moveset in the appropriate thread.

tehSANDMAN

Smash Apprentice
Just watch pit and wario very closely at those time.... they explode and fly away in fire. Plus if it was snakes dair (or whatever he uses to break the other platform) ud see at least his leg come out. But he is throwing something downward, and at 2:09 it looks as if he just got finished throwing something upward.

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
Just thought of something. If what you think is his dair is in fact his dair, then what's this:

This was one of the screens we were given when they introduced him all those months ago, remember? That looks more like a dair to me.

Zombie Cola

Smash Ace
Just thought of something. If what you think is his dair is in fact his dair, then what's this:

This was one of the screens we were given when they introduced him all those months ago, remember? That looks more like a dair to me.
Personally I think that's a Nair, but who knows.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Maybe that is Snake's animation when he jumps backwards? It doesn't really look like an attack. Or maybe it is a wall kick.

Zombie Cola

Smash Ace
Maybe that is Snake's animation when he jumps backwards? It doesn't really look like an attack. Or maybe it is a wall kick.
Yeah, I was kinda thinking that there didn't look like there was a lot of force in it, almost like it's more an animation than an attack.

Dark Shard

Smash Apprentice
Here's my SS move set.

(B) - Stinger Launcher
Hold b to charge "energy" from your laucher like Marth's (B), and then let go to fire a powerfulrocket.

Down (B) - Gernade
Much like link, he pulls out a gernade which is simalr to an exploding capsule. Maybe not as strong.

Forward (B) - Nikita
He pulls out the nikita, and you take control of the rocket like Ness's PK thunder.

Up (B) - I dont know. How about, - Explosion
He basically explodes, throwing him higher. Maybe it's really strong, but causes him like 10% damage to himself.
or a backflippy thingy.

His roll and sheild should be his box IMO.

You know Samus's basic move set? I see snakes like that. I see him feeling a lot like a heavy shiek.

Shifty McSly

Smash Cadet
I haven't bothered to read thru all 11 pages of this, but is the topic starter aware that snake's clearly wearing his mgs2 costume? The cinematics in twin snakes were truly a-grade crap, snake simply isn't acrobatic in any of the other games, and he's not supposed to be. I also highly doubt he'll be anything like sheik, I'm thinking more like ganondorf, but a bit faster and with some limited projectiles and explosives, or, thinking about it, maybe he'll be more like link. He'll naturally be a fairly heavy, medium speed character with some awesome grabs and throws. Anyone who's played mgs2 and 3 will know what I'm talking about. The image above looks to me like a tech or jumping off a wall.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
It seems to me since the Stinger is going down that that is his down B maybe. I'm glad he got a gun though so I'm happy, thus far.

Gravity

Smash Ace
yaeh, i thought the rocket launcher was cool. but, overall, based on his attacks from the movie, it seems like hed play like captain falcon with projectiles, except probably slower, and i think hed be better if he wasnt a fast faller.

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
this is stupid, i wish people would stop with the rumour, seriously, konami would never let their ps3 star on a nintendo wii game. it's stupid and will never happen

Captain Fabulous

Smash Journeyman
this is stupid, i wish people would stop with the rumour, seriously, konami would never let their ps3 star on a nintendo wii game. it's stupid and will never happen
!if your talking about Solid Snake )wtf are you talking about Solid Snake is already in videos are you friggin ********?

Stryks

Smash Hero
Oxyborb u are ********, couldnt put that in a nicer way...

Nah, wouldnt be much of an attack Konuk, seeing how theres already a cloaking device in melee...

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
Hahahahahahahah!!!!

Oh wait... You're serious? I'm sorry.

Allow me to laugh harder: BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

Tsukuyomi

Smash Journeyman
Solid Snake's moveset is quite a hard one to imagine and is quite questionable... I wonder:

~ Looking at the 2nd video,, what would happen if you launch the rockets at the edge of a platform, would the rockets explode at ground/platform level or will the rockets shoots further downward??? If it does shoot further down, we'll have ourselves one of the strongest edgeguard character... Then again, would make sense if he is the strongest edgeguarder due to MGS reference of leveling up your hanging skills by doing random pull-ups...
~ No guns??? How about a laser guns made by everybody's favorite otaku, Otacon???
~ Solid Snake and Naked Snake/Big Boss are two different people... Solid Snake doesn't known any CQC moves, so is there a possibility Solid Snake some how picked it up just for Smash???

Also, with much boredom, I present to you:

Tsu's Version of Snakes Moveset

A Button
A - Punch/kick combos
UTilt - Kick lift (video)
Sidetilt - Roundhouse (Chuck Norris reference)
Dtilt - Rocket (video)
USmash - Uppercut (Mario reference of Utilt)
SideSmash - Knee to Double Arm Knockdown (video)
DSmash - Side kicks (C.Falcon reference)
Nair - Sex Kick (Do I really need to explain)
Uair - Kick knockup (similar to C.Falcon's dair, except upwards)
Fair - Flying Axe Kick (video)
Bair - Backwards Kick (Jigglypuff reference)
Dair - Downwards kick (Page 13 of this topic)
Dash - Tackle roll (video)

Grabs
Grab - CQC grab (MGS3)
A - Knee or choke (Choking seems a bit to mature)
Up - Palm lift (C.Falcon reference)
Down - Leg Trip (MGS3)
Forward - Arm Overturn (MGS3)
Back - Over Shoulder Throw (Street Fighter Ryu reference)

B Button
B - Laser gun/Grenades
Up B - Over exaggerated grenade toss (jumps forward to toss a grenade)
Down B - Claymore/TNT placement
Side B - Rockets

Misc.
Guard - The Famous "Box of Peace"
Kirby Hat - Snake's Bandanna
Taunt 1 - Intercom conversation
Taunt 2 - MGS3 "Ape Escape" minigame victory pose
Taunt 3 - Smoking a cigar
Do nothing - Chin rub

Blah... Not quite creative, but oh well...

Top Bottom