• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Signature Icons Thread - Last Update: 12/02/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Sorry for double posting, but I forgot Silver. :facepalm:

Also Deadly Six sigs!

Please? *makes puppy dog eyes*
I can make sigs for them but not like a banner.

Edit: Silver!? Damn you Zimbabwe!!!!

Edit 2: For the sake of conceptual symmetry:

I like the other one better though
Edit 3: Pangoro Icon I made for my Pangoro thread:

Mari

Saving the planet from disaster!
I can make sigs for them but not like a banner.

Edit: Silver!? Damn you Zimbabwe!!!!

Edit 2: For the sake of conceptual symmetry:

I like the other one better though
Edit 3: Pangoro Icon I made for my Pangoro thread:

Yeah, now that I think about it, Sigs for the Deadly Six would be better. ^.^

AND THAT'S IT, I SWEAR!...unless I think of something else. :awesome:

Thank you!!!! :D

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Yeah, now that I think about it, Sigs for the Deadly Six would be better. ^.^

AND THAT'S IT, I SWEAR!...unless I think of something else. :awesome:

Thank you!!!! :D
those will take me a bit but im working on them.

Fortanono

Smash Ace
Can you make ones for Silver the Hedgehog, Prince Fluff, and Dawn? After that, I will make a signature!

D

Deleted member

Can someone please make one for Breloom for my support thread? I want to use this picture in particular:

I want the signature icon to focus in on the Breloom in the front.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Can someone make a tutorial on how to make these?
here's my method:
Programs you need: Microsoft Paint
I also use Photoshop, but when I make them quick I use this.

1) Select a character you want to make an icon for.
2) Save another sig icon with the proper dimensions.
3) Using a google image search or some other method, select a picture you find suitable for the character. I usually pick one with a background so I don't have to use photoshop to make one. For example, for the Snorlax I used an image of a pokemon card. Personally, I only use official art for my sigs.
4) Using the selector tool, carve an estimate of the part of the image you want for sig. Give yourself extra amount of picture so you can adjust it to your liking. If your image is larger than the normal text size, you will need to resize it on step six.
5) When making that estimate, keep in mind where you want to text to be. Additionally you will need to come with your own text style. You can use another person's for a reference with dimensions. Don't add the text yet.
6) Now on a bigger image canvas, place your estimate with that sample sig to left and to top of the image. If you need to resize it, use the sample sig to estimate what size you need it to be to resize it. So if it looks like twice the size of sample sig, use the resize tool to make it 50% of its current size. You should copy and paste the image so you can try it multiple times to your liking.
7) Once you have resized it, you should use the selector tool to cut off so your new sig will match with the estimates of the sample sig. use the sample sig to the left for the top and bottom, and the one on top for its sides.
8) after this, you will need to create the border. Most borders have this dimensions: 1 pixel of image, 1 pixel of border, 1 more pixel of image, and 1 more pixel of border. What color the border is your own artistic license. Usually, I take the most prominent color in the image, and either greatly darken or lighten it. Also, you can use your knowledge of the character to determine the color.
9) Create your original text. Text usually has a black outline and a white inside. The most important thing is your text should be uniform. Do not create the text directly on the image. Create the text on a separate part of the canvas. If you are using paint, use a color not present on the canvas as the background behind the text. Then use the transparency feature so that it's only the black and white that you copy and paste.
10) Copy and paste your text in any of the four corners (where you wanted to put it). You can either make the text touch the border or give a 1 pizel space in between. Just make sure the SSB4 and the character's name are equally distant from the border.
11) use the crop feature and your selector to select just your sig and not the additional work. Save your sig, and you are done.

Additional notes.
1) If I use paint, I usual save copies of my image in the in between steps, just in case I want to change it later on. If you use photoshop you can accomplish this by layers.
2) Continually use the same text for all your sigs for uniformity. Once you develop a style it become much easier.
3) Make the sigs your own. Infuse your own creativity into each sig. If you are going to put 10 minutes to an hour or more onto something, you might as well make it original.
4) There are probably more efficient ways to this (and I'm sure my other sig fellows use them), but this is my method. Feel free to use it. I've used paint since I was 10 so it comes more natural to me than photoshop.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Can you make ones for Silver the Hedgehog, Prince Fluff, and Dawn? After that, I will make a signature!

still working on the dawn icon.
Can someone please make one for Breloom for my support thread? I want to use this picture in particular:

I want the signature icon to focus in on the Breloom in the front.

Edit: cool idea I had. A bit more cramped though.

D

Deleted member

Can I have a signature icon for my Paper Luigi support thread, please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom