• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The OFFICIAL Shadow Moses Island Discussion

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
This looks like it will be a counterpick stage in tourneys. Speaking of which, why are there so few stages suitable for tournaments in Brawl?

Testament27

Smash Journeyman
This looks like it will be a counterpick stage in tourneys. Speaking of which, why are there so few stages suitable for tournaments in Brawl?
imo, we arent in a position to determine what is and isnt suitable for tourny scene until THE GAME IS OUT. theres only so much speculation we can do from watching from afar. People are already trying to ban stuff and whatever, but what if the game plays differently from melee?
You cant worry about that stuff now, just enjoy the creation of an awesome game, the tourny scene will develop itself in due time after game is released (esp with online play).

Space_Pirate_Fox_McCloud

Smash Apprentice
What I'm really curious about is how the comminications with Snake will be incorperated in battle. I'm hoping it's something that happens before the match or when only a single player, playing as Snake of course, can activate, since it would be annoying to have players trigger it in midbattle and interrupt everything. Still, the conversations are funny, so I can't wait to know what they say about everyone else.

Prince Karo

Smash Apprentice
What I'm really curious about is how the comminications with Snake will be incorperated in battle. I'm hoping it's something that happens before the match or when only a single player, playing as Snake of course, can activate, since it would be annoying to have players trigger it in midbattle and interrupt everything. Still, the conversations are funny, so I can't wait to know what they say about everyone else.
It will probably be done in a way similar to how you get Fox's wingmen to talk on the Starfox stages.

Thunderslf

Smash Journeyman
My take, because boredom.

This is Shadow Moses, the beginning area is MGS1. A portion of it has been refined to fir Smash! If you take a look beyond the two towers on the left and right, you'll notice two platforms. It seems this level is bigger than most other Brawl levels, which is good. Lots of the levels announced lately have been way too small, quite frankly.

Search lights go around the stage, and if you're caught, the MGS tradmark "!" appears above your head along with it's memorible (To MGS fans atleast) "alert!" sound effect plays too. I'm guessing that when you get caught by the search light the codec conversations will play depending upon the character the search light is on.

The walls on the two sides of the stage are destructable, and access you to two platforms. Also, destroying the walls allows you to get side kills, if you do not destroy them you will have to KO your enemies in an upwards fashion. I'd imagine this stage is tourny legal, but there might be some crazy rule I don't know about where your KOs have to be in all directions or something. Anyway, I like being able to control how the stage plays, in a way.

Metal Gear (RAY and REX, and apparently a newer model) occasionally appear in the background of Shadow Moses Island, I'm uncertain if they effect the battle or not, I hope so. It'd increase the epic value of the level that I love so much. This stage looks to be one of, if not, the best stage yet. It's pretty big (Probably the biggest so far), has great music and has plenty of features that just make it great.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I play stages and characters that give me a severe handicap and I still defeat any opponent who challenges me...

...People just complain too much because they actually lack the skill to adapt to changes while playing...

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Whoa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.......................

WHOA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.... I...am breathless MEtal Gear REX on SHadow Moses Island!!? woot, woot this is definetly gonna be my Favorite stage, not to mention the classic codec screen appearing, who would have though, this one sure appears to be funny!:laugh:

but anyway there's even a new model of RAY wow!!!!! and of course the classic exclamation point and search light, this stage is gonna PWN when I play as Snake on this stage which I am definetly looking forward to:chuckle:

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
I see that there are ladders. Can you climb on them like in Rumble Falls?

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
I noticed on the page for the metal gear music it says "Oh, of course this song will be played on a stage with a Metal Gear Solid motif. So you can look forward to that, too." note how it says A and not THE, maybe there is another mgs stage?

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Search lights go around the stage, and if you're caught, the MGS tradmark "!" appears above your head along with it's memorible (To MGS fans atleast) "alert!" sound effect plays too. I'm guessing that when you get caught by the search light the codec conversations will play depending upon the character the search light is on.
guys, i'm telling you! it's gotta be a button sequence, like left-right on the control pad. it's an easter egg in a similar fashion to Fox and Falco on Corneria. it's already been done once, so it wouldn't be difficult to put it in. plus there's no hassles you can't control

it's the only way that works best!

WHO?AreYou

Smash Journeyman
This is definately my favorite stage yet.
I love the destructible wall element on the right and left sides. Imagine Foward smashing someone into the wall at high damage and watching the wall shatter as your opponent smashes against it? It's great, really feels like an all out cage match
Plus, it may adds more techable areas (that's assuming techs are back). As much as Hyrule Temple may be annoying to play when 1 on 1, a 4 person melee in the basement can be a lot of fun, especially when the damages start crossing the 300% boundary.

Jumpinjahosafa

Smash Ace
So the metal gears attack? I'm confused, if so I'm disapointed, I really liked the cage match feel but now we have to deal with some lame hazard. Very annoying, because it's such a great stage.
If you havnt noticed, Hazards are a part of the game.. Don't like it? Play Tekken or something.

There are enough maps with just backround alone anyway..

errtu

Smash Apprentice
shadow moses lokks sick man, awesome stage. finally something different from ur standard 3 platforms a la battlefield

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
shadow moses lokks sick man, awesome stage. finally something different from ur standard 3 platforms a la battlefield
They may seem more similar but atleast the backgrounds are alot more detailed this time around

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Perfection. That's all there is to say.

(Playing through MGS2 at the mo...)

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Had a thought. Say the walls haven't been destroyed and someone releases Piplup. Will it just keep surfing between the walls lol?

Hejiru

Smash Ace
Had a thought. Say the walls haven't been destroyed and someone releases Piplup. Will it just keep surfing between the walls lol?
It will likely stop and dissapear after hitting the wall, like Marill.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
I noticed on the page for the metal gear music it says "Oh, of course this song will be played on a stage with a Metal Gear Solid motif. So you can look forward to that, too." note how it says A and not THE, maybe there is another mgs stage?
"It will be played on the stage with a Metal Gear Solid motif."

This sentence is gramatically correct, yet it is never used. It's like "He's wearing a tie he got from his mother on his 50th aniversary." You rarely see "the".

Link Sharingan

Smash Ace
I am not 100% Sure but isn’t Metal Gear Rex bigger than Metal Gear Ray because they look about the same size in that screen shot to me

Kunato

Smash Apprentice
Sorry if this had been brought up before, but I'm curious about something:
At the Japanese and the US Dojo, three AUX Calls are featured together with the stage. However, on the European Dojo they are gone. Why?

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
maybe because they haven't gotten the PAL versions in yet?

anyway, I've added all the Japanese codec messages to the first post. after seeing this stage in videos, it looks fun to play on.

OH! and the third metal gear is from MGS4 (it's two of the various Metal Gear seen walking around MGS4)

saud

Smash Lord
Hmm, I've had some matches that lasted 10 mins or more on Shadow Moses. Yet not a single Metal Gear appeared.

Am I supposed to do something for them to appear in the background?

Top Bottom