• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR Brawl Tier List v1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingDiDiDiddy

Smash Apprentice
I want to know what everyone thinks of how my mains will evolve in the metagame. I havent been to the boards in awhile because i have been busy at college. Winter will be slower for me so i hope to hop back and play more competitively.

anyways my mains are Pikachu, Wolf, and DK.

I have seen a few comments about Wolf, most saying he will probably move down and some saying he should go up.

However i have not heard much about Pika or DK so any thoughts would be appreciated!

And yes i have seen the first tier list.

Mmac

Smash Lord
Honestly, I think Dedede is pretty overrated. I just don't understand a character with so few advantaged matchups in the higher tiers is considered to be the 3rd best character in the game by the majority....

Nestec

Smash Ace
Hehee! I totally see Peach moving up! I mean, even though she's a girl, doesn't mean she's weak!

Though she lacks some kill moves, she can easily rack up damage and combos and save them for later! And the kill moves she does have are totally powerful! Her fair can easily take out a heavy weight like bowser around 110%! Gee, I guess even big turtles can be taken down! ;). I'm so silly.

Her recovery isn't bad either, contrary to popular belief. Though her verticle recovery with Up B isn't all that impressive, she has amazing horizontal recovery with peach bomber, and most of brawl is horizontal battle, isn't it? ;). Even if she is hit below stage for some CRAZY reason, she can easily float to figure out the best time and place to use her Up B! This gives her an advantage over many characters who are great at ledge guarding and edge hogging!

Her matchups aren't too shabby either. Most of her matchups are either neutral or have a slight advantage against. Such as diddy (darn those nanners! Luckily thats what float is for! Heehee). Ice climbers (popo isn't that great without nana, huh? ^_^) and Olimar (float saves the day again! I guess we won't be seeing your pikmin will we?). The worst matchups we have are mostly against top tier, darned metaknight and gnw :(, oh well! Peach has great matchups and a wonderful projectile. I see her rising to the top of middle tier!

^_^

Yeah, Peach is aiiiight. ^__^

But anyway, I don't see why Ness is below Lucas in the first place. >_<
He'll definitely pass him up for the next one, unless Lucas can rack up some tourney points in time. And I don't believe Lucas' match-ups are any better than Ness'.

Also, why is Pikachu higher than Kirby...??

Ace Of Flames

Smash Apprentice
Honestly, I think Dedede is pretty overrated. I just don't understand a character with so few advantaged matchups in the higher tiers is considered to be the 3rd best character in the game by the majority....
Agreed. IMHO, G&W is third.

Nestec

Smash Ace
I just recently picked up Sonic (since I have almost NO serious experience with him), and I'm actually liking him. SpringUpB gimps can really murder one of the Earthbound kids' recoveries. XD XD It'll be funny until someone does it to me. >_<

His edgeguarding is pretty good too, and it makes up for his lack of on-stage KO options. However, I find his Fsmash to work pretty well for me. Along with SH-Bair...

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Also, why is Pikachu higher than Kirby...??
Because Pikachu is played more in tourney's than Kirby. On at least five touney's I went to, I see at least one to none Kirby players, but three or more Pikachu players. But of course they don't compare to Meta Knight, lol. I think Kirby is a better player than Pikachu, just the fact that he has more bad match up's than Pikachu however.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
Those matchups are possibly wrong, although I agree he's not third best. A lot of the characters that supposedly counter him have underdeveloped meta games and/or a small/mediocre player base.

Sudsy86_

Smash Ace
I want to know what everyone thinks of how my mains will evolve in the metagame. I havent been to the boards in awhile because i have been busy at college. Winter will be slower for me so i hope to hop back and play more competitively.

anyways my mains are Pikachu, Wolf, and DK.

I have seen a few comments about Wolf, most saying he will probably move down and some saying he should go up.

However i have not heard much about Pika or DK so any thoughts would be appreciated!

And yes i have seen the first tier list.
Here's what I think. Pikachu will eventually come close to making high tier, Wolf will end up around lower -mid tier, and DK will stay roughly where he is now, up and down the high tier.

Pikachu has many abusable tactics and has a great recovery. Plus, he can get easy kills with thunder hits to hitstunned opponents. I think people will ultimately view him about as strong as they view Lucario.

Wolf is extremely limited in what he can do. He might have attacks with a lot of range, power, and with little lag, but I see no potential in strong Wolf tactics varying much at all from how they are now.

DK's interesting. I don't see him ever being viewed as not as good as originally thought, but he might move down due to many others moving up. For such a big, strong character he is very agile and quick. Plus, most of his moves don't lag more than middle weight's tend to.

His placement really depends on how the general gameplay shifts. If people just start playing more technical, close-combat-like ways, DK will likely move up because of his superiority in that area. But because my view of Brawl on its highest level consists mostly of excessive defense and projectile-based offense, I don't see him moving up past high tier.

The only things I see with potential in moving DK up are techniques involving his cargo grabs and his floor slaps.

highandmightyjoe

Smash Ace
It would also really help DK if people learned to consistently use the grounded footstool combo in their game. Honestly, I believe if the infinite was banned DK would be a top 4 maybe 5 character. But, I don't see that happening.

infomon

Smash Scientist
He may have fixed wording and stuff, the Brawl list is the v1.0 list as it always was..... any meaningful updates would increase its version number. :)

Ravin

Smash Lord
Why says version 1.0 if your not even going to use the 0 to give minor updates and insights? You might as well should have said V 1.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Then why is Ganondorf above Falcon and Link? :ohwell:
Sir 0rion already answer it. I'm going to say it depends on how many tourneys has been won with that characters as well, of course that's how Meta Knight got top.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
lol @ tier list version 3.2 having falcon, ganon, and link as top tier.
c'mon metagame, evolve already!

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
I must say, Ganon is too high now. CF is certainly better than Jigglypuff.
I agree. As much as I like her (she was my main in both of the other games), Jigglypuff is the most deserving of the absolute bottom of the tier list. Even her supporters don't represent her anymore, and apart from a neutral with DeDeDe, she can't do jack against the higher-tiered characters. Hell, even the space animals laugh at her, now.

Jigglypuff is the one character that I have no doubt should bottom out, period.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
I agree. As much as I like her (she was my main in both of the other games), Jigglypuff is the most deserving of the absolute bottom of the tier list. Even her supporters don't represent her anymore, and apart from a neutral with DeDeDe, she can't do jack against the higher-tiered characters. Hell, even the space animals laugh at her, now.

Jigglypuff is the one character that I have no doubt should bottom out, period.
all i can say about her is that she's good/fun against dedede, IMO.
REST COMBO YAYUHZZZ

Ravin

Smash Lord
Jigglypuff has a lot more going for her then Failcon does.

Recovery, She actually packs more power (Fsmash and rollout is a great KO percent) Shes only light. Maybe if she ate as much as kirby does, she could be up higher?

I don't think Failcon will move at all.

Zeckle

Smash Rookie
Sorry but sonic should be right behind Mk i mean he owns everyone man expect mk and am gonna show it get him right up baby!

BurningCrusader777

Smash Journeyman
I'm still curious to see how this changes lol.

Obviously, MK/Snake are staying top two... But the lower half is what has me interested.

CF's tournament result boost and Ganondorf's next-to-zero tournament showing. Jigg's absolutely horrid matchups.

Time will tell, I suppose.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Jigglypuff has a lot more going for her then Failcon does.

Recovery, She actually packs more power (Fsmash and rollout is a great KO percent) Shes only light. Maybe if she ate as much as kirby does, she could be up higher?

I don't think Failcon will move at all.
More important than anything else, the thing that Falcon completely trumps Jigglypuff on is his results, which are arguably the most important factor when constructing a tier list. Say what you will about him, he gets a LOT more attention at tournaments than Jigglypuff. And frankly, his jab and down air setups are actually fairly impressive nowadays.

And no, Jigglypuff's forward smash does NOT work as a KO move anymore, any more than Yoshi's down smash does. It's a terrible KO move now. Rollout has SOME uses, but it's arguably more situational than even Ganon's Warlock Punch. She's got down B to (nerfed) Rest, and her forward air, and that's really about it. And forward air often doesn't work that well because of diminishing returns.

So, she has a decent recovery (which means approximately nothing in this game, since anyone that's not Link should be consistently recovering anyway). She's also light, has no wall of pain, no kill potential, no range, unimpressive movement speed, no projectiles, no advancements to her metagame at all, and no real options aside from spacing aerials and shield grabs, both of which are somewhat laughable options for her on Brawl.

This compared to Falcon, who has his jab and down air set-ups, an effective throw game, fast movement speed, a nice up air, and some slightly better kill potential (since most of his moves are good for baiting spot dodges). I'm not saying that Falcon is good. But yes, he should be above Jigglypuff. She just can't compete anymore.

Barge

All I want is a custom title
More important than anything else, the thing that Falcon completely trumps Jigglypuff on is his results, which are arguably the most important factor when constructing a tier list. Say what you will about him, he gets a LOT more attention at tournaments than Jigglypuff. And frankly, his jab and down air setups are actually fairly impressive nowadays.

And no, Jigglypuff's forward smash does NOT work as a KO move anymore, any more than Yoshi's down smash does. It's a terrible KO move now. Rollout has SOME uses, but it's arguably more situational than even Ganon's Warlock Punch. She's got down B to (nerfed) Rest, and her forward air, and that's really about it. And forward air often doesn't work that well because of diminishing returns.

So, she has a decent recovery (which means approximately nothing in this game, since anyone that's not Link should be consistently recovering anyway). She's also light, has no wall of pain, no kill potential, no range, unimpressive movement speed, no projectiles, no advancements to her metagame at all, and no real options aside from spacing aerials and shield grabs, both of which are somewhat laughable options for her on Brawl.

This compared to Falcon, who has his jab and down air set-ups, an effective throw game, fast movement speed, a nice up air, and some slightly better kill potential (since most of his moves are good for baiting spot dodges). I'm not saying that Falcon is good. But yes, he should be above Jigglypuff. She just can't compete anymore.
I just...don't get her shield break... :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom