• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR-B Brawl Tier List v3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
Marth kills better than Wario? What?

One of the commonly known problems for Marth involves his killing options. They are fairly unsafe for the most part, and they will not kill opponents fast unless you tipper them. Getting a tipper Fsmash on someone in a high level match is... very hard to do lol.

Wario doesn't lose to Dedede, the matchup is arguably even for both sides. As for Falco, it's of my opinion that overall vs Wario he loses. Wario's only proven hard matchups are Marth, who I would barely consider 60:40 overall and CP's can swing it towards Wario's favor, and then MK who a lot of people agree that he's 55:45 overall. Everyone else is either even or Wario's favor overall.

Dedede's matchups are a lot closer than I think you perceive them. Especially for Olimar, IC's, and Kirby.
DMG knows what he's talking about, I 100% agree with his post. This tier list is one of the most well put, and highly more thought out. Now it's time to get to work on our characters.

Jski

Smash Apprentice
So the tier list is bast off voting? Cant that kind of be off from the truth? On another note knowing a weakness can make you play with that weakness and in a way become a positive thing in that you may get an idea what your opponent will do.

Popertop

Smash Champion
Yeah, a good D3 will **** all those.

Have you seen RoyR play D3 against stiltz olimar? It's disgusting.

CO18 beat Melee1.

I don't remember any recent kirby victories.

Sagen du Smash

Smash Journeyman
Oh wow amazing changes in this tier list! I still think tiers don't matter if a player is good enough. Any character can beat another if played with good skill and that is a FACT. But tiers do make a good attempt to showcase the level of difficulty that some characters may have against other characters.

First off all about Sonic...ITS ABOUT DAM TIME!!! WOOT! This move makes perfect sense now. Finally people have realized his incredible potential! Steak!!! Oh yes congrats to the Sonic boards.

Now for my secondary Wario lets see...HOLY SH***** OMG!!!! 3RD?! Wow!!!! I had no idea Wario was such an incredible beast! Gotta start practicing with him more.

Luigi moved up yay!!!

Mario moved down :(

Captain Falcon moved up? YESSSS! SHOW ME YOUR MOVES!!! Awesome its about time he moved up because he is clearly far from the worst character in the game...

...when you consider how absolutley BAD Ganondorf is. Honestly Nintendo completley ruined Ganondorf in Brawl. He was amazing in Melee, fast, powerful, could combo, he had almost everything. His Brawl version isn't just unable to compete, his nerf is catastrophic. Poor Ganondorf, poor poor Ganondorf... please come back Melee Ganon.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
Idk. I think he's belongs there. Lasers, chaingrab, tech chase, spike, etc. SBR is pretty precise.
This is actually one of the biggest things i commend the BR for, and that was not falling for the ever growing "Falco should drop" bandwagon. There was no reason for him to drop, he still can be one of the most ridiculous characters in the game, because of his lasers, chaingrabs, spike, etc. Falco is just as destructive as Wario or Diddy, so there was no reason for him to drop, only they could pass him, which only wario was able to do. That the way a tier list should work, characters shouldn't drop for the sake of it, other characters should work in order to pass who's ahead of them.

O i can't understand why Yoshi is below Lucas, Mario, and Ness, Yoshi should be the last char. in D tier IMO.

Mr.E

Smash Lord
The way a tier list should work, nobody should be "working" to pass anybody. :p It's supposed to represent the relative strength of the characters, which never changes. All we can do is expand the metagame of who we play to get a better picture of where each character should be ranked.

Marth kills better than Wario? What?
Well alright, argue Wario kills better if you want. I don't find he has much outside of the Waft, which is realistically only 3-4 uses per match and difficult to land, just his UAir and often-stale FSmash. Marth isn't that much better, basically just his tippered Smashes being dangerous, but he does edgeguard better. (Strong spike, too.) I never said anything about him losing to Falco, misunderstood.

Palpi

Smash Hero
Oh wow amazing changes in this tier list! I still think tiers don't matter if a player is good enough. Any character can beat another if played with good skill and that is a FACT. But tiers do make a good attempt to showcase the level of difficulty that some characters may have against other characters.

First off all about Sonic...ITS ABOUT DAM TIME!!! WOOT! This move makes perfect sense now. Finally people have realized his incredible potential! Steak!!! Oh yes congrats to the Sonic boards.

Now for my secondary Wario lets see...HOLY SH***** OMG!!!! 3RD?! Wow!!!! I had no idea Wario was such an incredible beast! Gotta start practicing with him more.

Luigi moved up yay!!!

Mario moved down :(

Captain Falcon moved up? YESSSS! SHOW ME YOUR MOVES!!! Awesome its about time he moved up because he is clearly far from the worst character in the game...

...when you consider how absolutley BAD Ganondorf is. Honestly Nintendo completley ruined Ganondorf in Brawl. He was amazing in Melee, fast, powerful, could combo, he had almost everything. His Brawl version isn't just unable to compete, his nerf is catastrophic. Poor Ganondorf, poor poor Ganondorf... please come back Melee Ganon.
For one, what you stated is true, but absolutely foolish. Ganondorf will never get close to winning a regional or national tournament. Ganondorf was what...slightly above average in melee? Captain Falcon obviously isn't far from the worst in the game, he has no priority, no approach otions and there were reasons behind him being last until now. Tiers are not how hard a character is to play. Ice Climbers would probably be last if that were true. Learning the chain grabs can be annoying, but it is fairly easy if you invest the time into it. Getting grabs with their grab range is the hardest thing to do if your opponent plays gay.

Maniclysane

Smash Lord
I liked the previous methodology a lot more than this one.
Why? Neither way actually prevents characters from being over looked, and the people in the SBR are more than capable of handling a tier list. I'm sure they vote more than once and discuss each iteration.

Wait... Didn't they always vote? I recall even on the last melee tier list I saw the ranking numbers next to each character.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Whoa, talk about an active thread!

Too bad most of the characters I like are so low.
At least Falcon has risen from the lowest spot.
Ganondorf is just too slow and easily punished - so sad.
Link doesn't quite have enough power and speed and his recovery sucks, but he has a game almost as technical as Snake's... oh well.
Samus dropping down sucks too - she just doesn't have enough power to supplement her amazing arsenal of projectiles.

With only a few exceptions, this list feels better than the previous one.
I don't deny that the characters I like can have horrible match-ups, I just don't fight enough skilled players to get a sense of the list in all its detail.

You did your research though, so I trust its validity.
Nice Work.

smasher32

Smash Journeyman
DEDEDE NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:(

On the bright side, my secondary is third place...which makes no sense IMO.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Well alright, argue Wario kills better if you want. I don't find he has much outside of the Waft, which is realistically only 3-4 uses per match and difficult to land, just his UAir and often-stale FSmash. Marth isn't that much better, basically just his tippered Smashes being dangerous, but he does edgeguard better. (Strong spike, too.) I never said anything about him losing to Falco, misunderstood.
Wario overall kills better than Marth (considering Marth HAS to tipper if he wants a shot to kill better/sooner than Wario), and Wario's kill moves are also more versatile (most of Marth's kill moves are him on the ground, where as Wario can follow people and Uair/Waft them for a kill). Not to mention Wario's kill moves are safer.

Marth has better range than Wario when it comes to kill moves. That's it. Wario's do more damage and some of them get super armor. AND Wario's kill moves are faster than Marth's. So I'd think it's safe to say Wario kills better than Marth, considering Marth only has more range over Wario on his kill moves.

I pointed out Falco and Dedede because people like to assume a lot that they beat Wario, which is untrue. Wario's matchups with the top tiers are amazing, considering he only really outright loses to Marth and MK, and Marth can be considered only 60:40. Everyone else, Diddy, Falco, Snake, Dedede, even ROB, Pika, Olimar, and G&W, Wario either beats or goes even with. Marth would be easily higher IF his matchups with MK, Snake, and Dedede all improved by at least 5 points. MK really hurts him though, giving Marth a 65:35 (I've heard some people say it's only 60:40, but most of the Marth mains I have talked to think it's 65:35).

It's a shame really, because I myself like using Marth, but against MK I don't even bother picking Marth and just go with Wario/Diddy.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
They should seriously have a Zelda/Shiek character because there are a lot of people who use both (including me) I took a closer look and I realized practically all my mains are making a slow decent....except Pit and ZSS =D

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Inui, what is the deal with you being on the list? Did something happen recently that shamed you for all time?

Really. Honest question.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Inui, what is the deal with you being on the list? Did something happen recently that shamed you for all time?

Really. Honest question.
Inui is on the list because he's the only person capable of transcending the laws of physics to implement himself into the game.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
I propose Inui for top tier plz!

And ****ing loling at Falcons bump. Holy **** lawl. I'm about to learn how to play DMG nao that I witnessed running away for 7 mins in a match gets you 3rd place in the tier list ;o

Doomblaze

Smash Journeyman
Inui is worse than ganon?
did you just drop 38 spots?
you better work on your matchups man, see if you can rise up again, the metagame has changed, its not 08 anymore.

Cook Kirby

Smash Apprentice
All the discussion about the actual tier list seems to have been replaced by discussion about Inui. I'm not complaining, though : just stating the obvious.

Luur3

Smash Journeyman
baww, was hoping Lucas would rise some

oh well, this tier list is definetly a shocker. Wario hit 3rd, Sonic moved up 8 spots, and PT rose quite a bit :D

Afro Boy2000

Smash Journeyman
I knew DK would drop.. I knew it, he was way to over rated at the beginning in this game and it's taken till now for the backroom to realize this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom