• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR-B Brawl Tier List v3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inaphyt

Smash Apprentice
I was already out the door. ;)

Why don't you stop fapping to MK?
Keep on going mate that's it

Wario is an awesome character, and what serious players he does have generally place very well. He also has more than a few tricks, as his aerial mobility means he never really has to commit to anything, so he can bait and camp all day as soon as he gets a lead.
Wario is not an awesome character watching wario play against MK is almost painful even if they win what they've had to do beforehand is basically run around with a worried look on there faces, even lucas makes mk look easier. i genuinely believe falco is much better than wario also diddy and dedede.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
So because its boring to watch Wario it means he is worst?
Falco is lesser than Wario because when it comes to characters like MK and marth, he gets zoned badly.
Wario at least has the ability to wave in and out safely plus he has the DOODOO to kill MK.

Not only that but matchthup wise, Wario is better.

Edit; WTF WAS THAT!?

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Having the same characters win tournaments is boring. Have the same top ten over and over mostly meta in it is boring. Watching the same high tier players play the finals all the time is boring. All about them high tiers, same boring **** everytime. arrrrggghhhh!!!!!!!

Does this make me a bad person? Am I going to hell?

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Because it is a game about high tiers and all that matter, and those who do not obey the laws of brawl will be punished.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
Having the same characters win tournaments is boring. Have the same top ten over and over mostly meta in it is boring. Watching the same high tier players play the finals all the time is boring. All about them high tiers, same boring **** everytime. arrrrggghhhh!!!!!!!

Does this make me a bad person? Am I going to hell?
It's the nature of all competitive fighting games. Not saying that it's a good thing, but it's something you have to deal with.

Inaphyt

Smash Apprentice
So because its boring to watch Wario it means he is worst?
Falco is lesser than Wario because when it comes to characters like MK and marth, he gets zoned badly.
Wario at least has the ability to wave in and out safely plus he has the DOODOO to kill MK.

Not only that but matchthup wise, Wario is better.

Edit; WTF WAS THAT!?
Yea shadowlink that's what i'm saying wario is very boring and thus watching videos with wario in it will no longer happen and will result in one character dulling down an already very slow game, he's the sort of character that doesn't need to exist.

Painful to watch.

Falco can zone with lasers? what are you talking about diddy's whole game is about spacing wario on the other hand is just bouncing around playing on other peoples mistakes it's this factor that means once people understand they're facing a lackluster character that has no real offensive threats only punishing tools people can reciprocate on that and destroy this joke A tier character.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
I'm not going to even bother arguing but it's clear that Inaphyt is biased against Wario. It's okay to hate a character, but when it comes to facts, your mixed up on a few key points.

Wario is 3rd on the tier list for a reason.
-Strong, Heavy, Great Recovery, Great Air game, great aerial movement etc.

BSP

Smash Legend
I'm not going to even bother arguing but it's clear that Inaphyt is biased against Wario. It's okay to hate a character, but when it comes to facts, your mixed up on a few key points.

Wario is 3rd on the tier list for a reason.
-Strong, Heavy, Great Recovery, Great Air game, great aerial movement etc.
His ground game is pretty good too.

Gindler

Smash Champion
Yea shadowlink that's what i'm saying wario is very boring and thus watching videos with wario in it will no longer happen and will result in one character dulling down an already very slow game, he's the sort of character that doesn't need to exist.

Painful to watch.

Falco can zone with lasers? what are you talking about diddy's whole game is about spacing wario on the other hand is just bouncing around playing on other peoples mistakes it's this factor that means once people understand they're facing a lackluster character that has no real offensive threats only punishing tools people can reciprocate on that and destroy this joke A tier character.
You're watching the air camping ones. The agro ones are fun.

His ground game is pretty good too.
He has like two good things on the ground. His grab and his Fsmash. I wouldn't call his ground game good, I do like DACUSing though so fun.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Well you know what?
You're funny looking.

Thats pretty much all you did.

Falco can zone with lasers?
Falco can camp with lasers. he cannot perform SHDL near opponents due to changes in the game.
Plus they would slap him as he is jumping.
what are you talking about diddy's whole game is about spacing
Your point here?

wario on the other hand is just bouncing around playing on other peoples mistakes it's this factor that means once people understand they're facing a lackluster character that has no real offensive threats only punishing tools people can reciprocate on that and destroy this joke A tier character.
I say a 100 dollar money match. Your Ganondorf vs Phantom X's wario.
If you believe Wario to be a joke character, I am quite sure you have no fear of taking up this bet.

Inaphyt

Smash Apprentice
Well you know what?
You're funny looking.

Thats pretty much all you did.

Falco can camp with lasers. he cannot perform SHDL near opponents due to changes in the game.
Plus they would slap him as he is jumping.

Your point here?

I say a 100 dollar money match. Your Ganondorf vs Phantom X's wario.
If you believe Wario to be a joke character, I am quite sure you have no fear of taking up this bet.
I'm funnier looking than the wildest of clowns.

No they wouldn't slap him as he's jumping because you don't laser when theres a chance to get slapped, Nublet?

100 dollar money match don't get so touchy i'm sorry you don't like my opinion on wario give me your address i'll post you a tissue. and call it even?

Wario is a complete joke character to the point he can evade the opponent so well he can outlast 8 minutes of the match without dying, other characters in the game cannot do this because they're built for fighting.

Agro warios i'd love to see that against high level mks please any vids versus good people would be appreciated pretty curious.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
You're watching the air camping ones. The agro ones are fun.

He has like two good things on the ground. His grab and his Fsmash. I wouldn't call his ground game good, I do like DACUSing though so fun.
Fsmash is actually a mediocre ground option at best. Grab > jab > ftilt > fsmash.

Boy... how I wish someone would mm my wario with their Ganon for 100 dollars, haha.

Gindler

Smash Champion
Fsmash is actually a mediocre ground option at best. Grab > jab > ftilt > fsmash.

Boy... how I wish someone would mm my wario with their Ganon for 100 dollars, haha.
It appears my wario still needs some work :chuckle:

I know grab and jab are amazing, need to start ftilting more from now on.

Ha, ganon vs. wario is actually pretty fun for some reason

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
I'm funnier looking than the wildest of clowns.
Clowns are scary.

No they wouldn't slap him as he's jumping because you don't laser when theres a chance to get slapped, Nublet?
Therefore you amit e cannot zone the opponet because he is much too slow to zone a character up close and at mid range/
Something that both Marth adn MK can do.

Zoning means to be able to attack the opponent while they cannot harm you due to them not being in range. They are forced t get closer.

Camping is where you play very defensively.
Do learn the difference

100 dollar money match don't get so touchy i'm sorry you don't like my opinion on wario give me your address i'll post you a tissue. and call it even?
123 fake street.

Though of course if you would provide logical reasoning for your argument I would not critique you so hard.

Wario is a complete joke character to the point he can evade the opponent so well he can outlast 8 minutes of the match without dying, other characters in the game cannot do this because they're built for fighting.
Which is why he is better.
Cause he doesnt get hit.
Agro warios i'd love to see that against high level mks please any vids versus good people would be appreciated pretty curious.
Sow me a character that goes agro against MK.

PX: How about you lt me grab you three times when I ask for it? XD

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
I realise I'm probably a bit late in saying this, but there's more to Wario's ground game than his grab game and FSmash. His USmash, though somewhat easy to SDI out of, puts the opponent straight into the air. His neutral A combo does good damage and, again, launches them into the air. FTilt is a semi-decent killer, and DTilt makes a nice poke when combined with crawling. And his specials are good too (though they can be used in the air as well). SO yeah, although Wario's air game is superior to his ground game by a fair bit, there's more to his ground game than what you listed.

ANd that's one of the reasons he's doing so well.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Wario rules the skies after MK with his air speed, and he has the tools necessary to make sure it stays that way. I'm a little surprised that he jumped up 5 places, but I figured he would go up on the list. Now to see if he can beat out Snake next tier list...

And Sonic went up that much? ****. Mindgames really do work wonders.

Poor Ganon. He has the power to be a beast. But his priority and speed restrict it. It's a shame, I really like playing him just for fun.

Nanaki

Smash Lord
Wario rules the skies after MK with his air speed, and he has the tools necessary to make sure it stays that way. I'm a little surprised that he jumped up 5 places, but I figured he would go up on the list. Now to see if he can beat out Snake next tier list...

And Sonic went up that much? ****. Mindgames really do work wonders.

Poor Ganon. He has the power to be a beast. But his priority and speed restrict it. It's a shame, I really like playing him just for fun.
Snake's not going anywhere after Genesis. Falco had good rep there too (2 of the top 8). Diddy and Wario placed decently, Diddy probably placed better, though.

Wario better represent at Pound 4.

gm jack

Smash Lord
A Sheik placing the best out of the C tiers at 17, with only one B tier ahead is pretty **** impressive. But then again, that is Armada, and he appears to know exactly what you are planning to do at any given moment.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
There were like 4 Warios in the entire 128 man bracket at Genesis... and one of them got 7th because he ran into Dojo sooner than some other people... seems good enough to me, lol.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
There were like 4 Warios in the entire 128 man bracket at Genesis... and one of them got 7th because he ran into Dojo sooner than some other people... seems good enough to me, lol.
if that is supposed to be a john, than its awful. cause if you were to equally split the 128 people in brackets between all the available characters, each character would get about 4 players.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
if that is supposed to be a john, than its awful. cause if you were to equally split the 128 people in brackets between all the available characters, each character would get about 4 players.
For the #3 character in the game?

Didn't Snake have less though?

How many Zeldas made it btw?

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Except Wario is actually viable... and is one of the top 5 characters in the game. 4 Players for a top tier is nothing. MK unsurprisingly had the largest concentration, and there were many Snakes. Diddy and Falco weren't that common either though, and Falco got 2 in the top, which isn't much either.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
This would be true in a perfect world where everyone distributed themselves equally among characters.

We live in reality though, and as such, characters are not used equally and so, bad matchups for some characters will appear more often than others.

As such this would affect the viability of those characters because the concentration of those bad matchups are further up, making MK and Snake very dangerous for some characters, while not so dangerous for others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom