• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR-B Brawl Tier List v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Still, do you think we'll be seeing Mario move above Ike?
If this was a list based on tourney usage and match-ups, then I would say no, Mario is not better than Ike.

This is a list made by the collective votes of a the back room, however; unquestioned opinions. In such a situation it's really difficult to try to imagine what the thinking process of these posters will be at the specific moment in which they will be required to give input for tier list version 3.0.

I don't particularly approve of such a system, mind you, I would prefer each character be individually analyzed and compared based on the characters around him/her/it and in the process everything should be looked at: Match-ups, tourney placings, metagame advancements, base character traits, etc etc.

But to answer your original question then go to sleep:

Who knows? :)

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
If this was a list based on tourney usage and match-ups, then I would say no, Mario is not better than Ike.
I agree on Ike's usage and tourney results being better than Mario's, but I'm not so sure about Ike's match-ups being better than Mario's.

This is a list made by the collective votes of a the back room, however; unquestioned opinions. In such a situation it's really difficult to try to imagine what the thinking process of these posters will be at the specific moment in which they will be required to give input for tier list version 3.0.

I don't particularly approve of such a system, mind you, I would prefer each character be individually analyzed and compared based on the characters around him/her/it and in the process everything should be looked at: Match-ups, tourney placings, metagame advancements, base character traits, etc etc.

But to answer your original question then go to sleep:

Who knows? :)
I feel the same way.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
I agree on Ike's usage and tourney results being better than Mario's, but I'm not so sure about Ike's match-ups being better than Mario's.
Match-ups are, of course, ever changing and always opinionated. The thoughts of one person and his/her opinion are quite naturally different from another.

That said, it hasn't even been a year yet. The numbers have yet to settle, all that exist are ranges, so to speak. Tourney usage and placings are the concrete ones, the tangible ones.

Anyways yeah enough eloquent rambling from me, good night.

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
Match-ups are, of course, ever changing and always opinionated. The thoughts of one person and his/her opinion are quite naturally different from another.

That said, it hasn't even been a year yet. The numbers have yet to settle, all that exist are ranges, so to speak. Tourney usage and placings are the concrete ones, the tangible ones.

Anyways yeah enough eloquent rambling from me, good night.
I agree with all of this; only time will tell.

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
Wario will be Top tier next tier list redesign, its now 7:3 in Wario's favor vs D3 and Snake. He goes even with MK and goes even or is 6:4 to GaW, and beats falco outright at 6:4 or better. the only one that gives him trouble is Marth at 4:6, but other then that, Wario pretty much dominates all of those in top tier.

Master Raven

Smash Master
7:3 vs DDD and Snake? Someone explain that to me. I have no knowledge on the matchups but they certainly don't look like they're that favorable for Wario from what I can tell. I'll vouch that Wario does good vs Snake/MK/Falco but I would definitely like to hear how he does good vs DDD.

Frown

poekmon
Wario will be Top tier next tier list redesign, its now 7:3 in Wario's favor vs D3 and Snake. He goes even with MK and goes even or is 6:4 to GaW, and beats falco outright at 6:4 or better. the only one that gives him trouble is Marth at 4:6, but other then that, Wario pretty much dominates all of those in top tier.
I went to the Wario boards.

Wario has a 70:30 DISADVANTAGE vs Dedede.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
I don't feel that a tier list is necessary. Your skill depends on how you play not who you play as.
Not really, in most ways it does, but what about these matchups?
Sheik vs Ganondorf
Fox vs Ganondorf
Diddy vs Ike
MK vs Ganondorf
Pit vs Ike
Pit vs CFalcon
Snake vs CFalcon

Who's almost guarnateed to win each battle? Brawl has a ton of unfair matchups, thats why they have teir lists.

But yes, some people do main low teirs and they still play well, but some characters are easier to main than others, and some chracters just suck, like Ganondorf.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Sheik vs Ganondorf
Fox vs Ganondorf
Diddy vs Ike
MK vs Ganondorf
Pit vs Ike
Pit vs CFalcon
Snake vs CFalcon

Who's almost guarnateed to win each battle? Brawl has a ton of unfair matchups, thats why they have teir lists.

But yes, some people do main low teirs and they still play well, but some characters are easier to main than others, and some chracters just suck, like Ganondorf.
Wait, do you know exactly what you are talking about?

The Diddy board came into the Ike match-up topic and pretty much all of them said Diddy v Ike was 55:45 in Diddy's favor (Note that this is before the discovery of DACIT, so it's probably even now).

The Pit boards have Pit v Ike listed as an "advantage" not "counter" so in the 6:4 range.

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
Sheik vs Ganondorf
Fox vs Ganondorf
Diddy vs Ike
MK vs Ganondorf
Pit vs Ike
Pit vs CFalcon
Snake vs CFalcon
You forgot Fox vs Pikachu and King Dedede vs DK.

Cioran

Smash Cadet
It seems like everyone pulls matchup numbers out of their respective *****. How are these numbers reached? Seriously, check out any thread -- you'll find several different matchup numbers thrown out with authority from various members with little to no explanation as to how they got them or why there is such disparity between opinion.

I hope Wario does beat DDD 70:30. I just don't know how we can speak so authoritatively on matchups.

CiO

BBoyindo

Smash Ace
It seems like everyone pulls matchup numbers out of their respective *****. How are these numbers reached? Seriously, check out any thread -- you'll find several different matchup numbers thrown out with authority from various members with little to no explanation as to how they got them or why there is such disparity between opinion.

I hope Wario does beat DDD 70:30. I just don't know how we can speak so authoritatively on matchups.

CiO
They are discussed, and matchup ratio comes out at the end.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
7:3 vs DDD and Snake? Someone explain that to me. I have no knowledge on the matchups but they certainly don't look like they're that favorable for Wario from what I can tell. I'll vouch that Wario does good vs Snake/MK/Falco but I would definitely like to hear how he does good vs DDD.

By Wario does good vs MK do you mean gets owned less than the majority?

lol

But seriously, I have no idea how you say wario owns DDD (or whoever said)... that's my hardest matchup as Wario.

>.<

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Cioran has a point. I always thought of matchup ratios as helpful... but EXTREMELY arbitrary and it annoys me how people refer to matchup threads as authority.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Cioran has a point. I always thought of matchup ratios as helpful... but EXTREMELY arbitrary and it annoys me how people refer to matchup threads as authority.
this

i get tired of having people refer to C boards when they are the majority of the time run by a bunch of randoms and they take that word over a master of said character/matchup

EDIT
IM BACK *****AAAAZZZZZ!!!!

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
I like when da K.I.D. agrees with me because he is always very passionate about whatever he argues about.

But then I hate when you disagree >:| Grrr *angry face* Haha jk man.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
question about wario

as defensive as brawl can be, and as much brawl bashing that goes around everywhere, did it really take you 9 months to figure out that Wario can camp...?

seriously?

EDIt
i like choknater because he is the only person so EPIC that his post count goes down when he posts. thats effing OG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom