• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR-B Brawl Tier List v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Sir 0rion, get out of the thread if all you're going to do is crap bricks over the tier list.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Sir 0rion, get out of the thread if all you're going to do is crap bricks over the tier list.
Translation: "I don't want to hear very realistic criticisms of this tier list and prefer to take it completely on faith."

Snowstalker

Smash Ace
Don't get me started on Yoshi.

He moved down. One of the characters that every non-tier ***** believed should move up, moves down. He has a 0% kill on the top 3 characters, a chaingrab on about half the cast, good recovery that's hard to gimp, combos, the fastest air speed in the game, fast running speed, a nice air game, and being one of MK's hardest matchups. And he moves down. My pet gecko could do better than that.

•Col•

Smash Champion
Take Captain Falcon, for example. He may suck as a character, and probably most of you SBR-B members have voted 1 on him just because of that. But look at his tourney results in the character rankings thread. They look pretty good (C Rank).
Hey, just wanted to say: The character ranking list only has a month of data right now (December), so it's still not very accurate. On the old rankings (I can't remember how long it lasted, probably around 6-10 months), Captain Falcon was in E rank, 5th to last out of everyone.

You can leave now. :)

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Translation: "I don't want to hear very realistic criticisms of this tier list and prefer to take it completely on faith."
You can criticize all you want, but be civil about it and people will take you seriously.

M15t3R E

Smash Master
My question was never answered. =/

So if Lucario is tied with Olimar, and Lucas is tied with Ness, than they are both in the same spot in the tier list.
So, Pikachu, for example, is #11 since Lucario/Olimar are tied for 10th? Or is Pikachu still considered #12?

•Col•

Smash Champion
My question was never answered. =/
He's still 12.... >_>

Just count everyone that's above him on the list dude, lol. If that was the case, everyone under Ness would move up 2 numbers, since Olimar/Lucario and Ness/Lucas are tied. xD

Snowstalker

Smash Ace
*sighs*

Sorry that the rant a couple pages back was so bitter. I'm just so pissed at the fact that I've been waiting for an accurate tier list since September. I come back from school, hop on the computer, and see a tier list seemingly arranged by a squirrel.

Yo Mang

Smash Rookie
GUYS THIS TIER LIST IS TOTALLY INVALID AND SHOULD BE BURNED BECAUSE roy is better than marth

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Also, I got an infraction for "minor flaming." Boy, you sure proved your point to me! Now I KNOW this tier list is accurate!

Dokutayuu

Smash Apprentice
I think this one's a little better than the last one. The main reason is that they finally came to their senses and saw Link > Jigglypuff.

The top seems alright. I don't know how Diddy Kong got so high, I'm useless with him... I guess there must be some magical technique for him then :).

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Lucario and Olimar are 10th and 11th, respectively, even though they are tied. Doesn't make a whole lotta sense but w/e.
Yes.

Lucario would be 10th, if he was only 0.01 point better than Olimar who then'd be 11th, but he isn't, but that doesn't affect Pikachu's placement at all.

The tie in between Olimar and Lucario (respectively Ness and Lucas) has no effect on anything around them. It affects only the two being in the tie.

Snowstalker

Smash Ace
I think this one's a little better than the last one. The main reason is that they finally came to their senses and saw Link > Jigglypuff.

The top seems alright. I don't know how Diddy Kong got so high, I'm useless with him... I guess there must be some magical technique for him then :).
Banana games. At least the SBR realized that Diddy is among the Sacred 7.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Is giving Meta Knight his own tier SBR's way of saying MK needs to be banned> It's not even the S tier. It's SS. That's an extra S!

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Don't get me started on Yoshi.

He moved down. One of the characters that every non-tier ***** believed should move up, moves down. He has a 0% kill on the top 3 characters, a chaingrab on about half the cast, good recovery that's hard to gimp, combos, the fastest air speed in the game, fast running speed, a nice air game, and being one of MK's hardest matchups. And he moves down. My pet gecko could do better than that.
Umm... yeah. No.
You two are idiots. If all your going to do is act like 3 year olds, it would be better for the rest of us if you just left.

Bowsers moving down is pretty sad but seeing the slow down due to the December results I think it's understandable.

-:bowser:Bowser King

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Yes.

Lucario would be 10th, if he was only 0.01 point better than Olimar who then'd be 11th, but he isn't, but that doesn't affect Pikachu's placement at all.

The tie in between Olimar and Lucario (respectively Ness and Lucas) has no effect on anything around them. It affects only the two being in the tie.
but it wasnt a tie

lucario wins because his name comes first

-.-

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero

That actually surprised me. Link is underrated but I don't think he's THAT underrated.

Yeah. Bananas.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
but it wasnt a tie

lucario wins because his name comes first

-.-
Technically it IS a tie. They both have the same data. It's just that you can't list 2 characters in one line. Look at the Melee Tier List, there's the same:

Fox 9.9
Marth 9.9

Captain Falcon 8.0
Jigglypuff 8.0

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
In case anyone's curious, here was my list when I voted.

15-Snake, Meta Knight
14-Diddy Kong, Olimar
13-King DeDeDe, Falco, Marth, Game and Watch
12-Wario, Donkey Kong
11-Zero Suit Samus
10- Kirby, Lucario, Luigi
9-R.O.B., Pikachu, Mario
8-Ice Climbers
7-Peach, Ike, Sheik, Zelda
6-Pit, Bowser, Yoshi, Wolf
5-Sonic, Toon Link
4-Fox, Pokemon Trainer, Samus
3-Ness, Lucas
2-Falcon, Jigglypuff
1-Ganondorf, Link

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Fox actually got like... .05 higher or something according to the first OSBR due to a higher technical ceiling.

Edit: Jesiah. Peach, Pit, Ike and Mario.

I agree with you on Pit but that seems to go against the norm.

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
A Few, Disjointed, Free-Association Thoughts

To everyone who is upset at the revisions made with v2.0 of the Brawl Tier List:

Level with me for a second and try to put a couple of things into perspective. I think it's fair to say that the circumstances surrounding the current competitive climate of Brawl are drastically different than it was for Melee during the game's first year or so. The meta-game of Brawl has been indubitably subject to a great deal more scrutiny (and, therefore, criticism) by just about everyone; and that in turn exerts significantly more pressure those of us in the SBR-B to try to paint the most accurate picture possible as far as a tier list goes while pleasing everyone at the same time.

As a few of you may have already noted, this is an outrageous and unreasonable notion, as at least one person has complained about the placement of every character on the list. Due to this fact, I can confidently say that the collective intent of members behind the SBR-B has and never will be to please the masses and cave into groupthink – it will be to illustrate what top-level players and renowned tournament organizers alike believe to be a portrait of what the current competitive landscape mostly resembles at the time of the tier list update.

We are barely ten months into the lifespan of Brawl and are already on our second tier list (which is, by the way, unheard of), and I can't help but feel that we've only begun to scratch the surface. Much has been discovered about the game in such a short amount of time, but it's going to take months more in order to sift through this barrage of data and knowledge and make sense of it.

For those of you championing the use of characters presently shackled to the lower tiers: we hear your voices and many of us fully recognize that your predictions for your respective characters to (drastically) improve over time are not forecasts that go ignored. However, the fact of the matter is that showing glimmers of potentially making longer strides sometime down the road is simply not enough to validate the changes in tier list placement that you all seek. Underrepresentation in major tournaments isn't a deal-breaker, but it certainly doesn't help the case of these characters, either.

Don't get me wrong – I'm not happy with the placements of some of the lower tier characters, either. The problem here is that I see a lot more people sitting around wasting time articulating their lament in the most childish ways, as opposed to actually going out to tournaments and just whooping some ***. Writing a dissertation about how sweet and potentially game-breaking Charizard's glide is tends not to compel others to your argument as effectively as just showing people why you think it's the most broken tactic in the game. Campaigning on behalf of the mobilization of bias of your respective character forums is great, but you guys are going to have to do a good deal more than talk tough.

Aside from that, we're doing everything in our power to educate ourselves about the circumstances surrounding every character and keeping a closer eye on these ever-evolving match-ups; but putting the entire SBR-B on blast and accusing us of varying levels of "fail" around the corner of every update isn't particularly constructive, and is more of reflection of your burgeoning bias and ignorance than it is of how inaccurate you think the tier list is.

I really don't think many of you are going to be prepared for the inevitable changes to come in the meta-game. It's hard to imagine that we will be playing Brawl the exact same way three years or even one year down the road. The trajectory of the meta-game is, however, determined by the players, and it is up to you all to guide how the game will look in the future. If we weren't confident in people's abilities to change the game at such a rate, there wouldn't be any good reason for us to legitimize updating the tier list twice a year.

So, tell me the truth. Is it really unfair for me to ask that you all make a concession or two and cut us a little slack? =)

On a slightly separate note, I happen to like denoting the new tiers by letters. Using buzz words like "God Tier," "Top Tier" and "Bottom Tier" are often misleading and come accompanied with many negative connotations. We have quickly debunked in the span of months that there are no truly unbeatable characters, nor are there characters who are so terrible and fundamentally flawed that they are unusable and will never, ever win any matches. Feel free to rename these tiers for the sake of your own personal comprehension (most of which I LOLed at because I don't know how this is more distinctly confusing than a rapid repetition of names like, "High-Top," "High-High," "Bottom-High," "High-Mid," "Mid-High," Low-High," Mid-Mid," "Top-High," "Bottom-Low" etc.), but this is what has been settled on.

The SBR doesn't account for Online Brawl Rankings. Which is another reason why this list isn't accurate.
Laugh Out Loud (TM).

HOLLA BAAAAAAAAAAACK

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Technically it IS a tie. They both have the same data. It's just that you can't list 2 characters in one line. Look at the Melee Tier List, there's the same:

Fox 9.9
Marth 9.9

Captain Falcon 8.0
Jigglypuff 8.0
yeah i know. that's why i think it's stupid that they're classified as being two seperate numbers, instead of clarifying it as a tie, as what was done for the melee tier list.

•Col•

Smash Champion
Lucario and Olimar are 10th and 11th, respectively, even though they are tied. Doesn't make a whole lotta sense but w/e.
Think about it. Say you're in a foot race. You come in 3rd place, and the two people in front of you finished at EXACTLY the same time. Does that mean you get second? No, 2 people still finished in front of you. D:

....That's the best way I can explain it to you.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
le thien keeps it real

real good

edit for the post above me

yes, but the point is that the two people that finished in front of you both place 1st.

so therefore, olimar and lucario should both be 10, while whoever is after lucario should be 12

that's the argument

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom