• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official R.O.B. PR/Tournament Results Archive

T0MMY

Smash Master
Notice how I'm always stuck in 2nd place despite always having the better tourney results and placings?
It's 'cuz I'm west coast and the entire PR panel is eastern. Same problem Kira, Jamnt0ast, and Hitori have/had.
That's why I just wanted to be left off it. When I say 'fine, here are my results' then I'm going to be left off. ([^______^]

AiB is my home for obvious reasons.

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
No Xzax is winning major tournaments. So do you really matter?
<3

stingers

Smash Obsessed
yee i got 5th at the tourney this weekend. lost to reflex and turtl. i know some of y'all know the zss MU so teach me cuz im clueless =[

i beat dyno micaelis x2 and shady penguin.

T0MMY

Smash Master
I mean no ROB is winning major tournaments so does it really even matter?
Depends on your definition of "major" tournament.

If you mean a national, that means only MK, Diddy, Falco, and Snake have ever mattered (with only MK and Diddy recently).
But by that understanding when Snake was winning every major tourney then no other character would matter and nobody would have bothered picking up MK, Diddy, or Falco -- Snake would be the dominant character; the meta game would halt We wouldn't see the upsets with Olimar, Pikachu, et al, and we'd be stuck with a lifeless tournament scene.

This is why Regionals play a very big role in the development of the meta game (we see ADHD & Gnes winning with Diddy, DEHF with Falco, etc.). I conclude regionals are major tournaments.
At which case we have Firefly from Canada and Poltergust from Florida causing major upsets at regionals as well as many other overlooked characters... and then you've got me taking 1st in regionals with R.O.B.

It's clear that R.O.B. is winning major tournaments.
Therefore it does matter.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Just a regional isn't a major tournament. It's really determined by the level competition there. I've hosted 14 person locals with ADHD Ally Atomsk and more in attendance. By all means 14 isn't a major tournament, but it sort of invalidates the notion of some tournaments with good attendance being a major.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
Just a regional isn't a major tournament. It's really determined by the level competition there. I've hosted 14 person locals with ADHD Ally Atomsk and more in attendance. By all means 14 isn't a major tournament, but it sort of invalidates the notion of some tournaments with good attendance being a major.
Tristate locals are the most stupidly stacked local's.

10 people could be there and we'll have like m2k, ally, adhd, atomsk, its like wtf.

Yes, its happened.

T.O.Y

Smash Rookie
I went to the ATl South tourney in Tallahassee and got 13th :D
But, all the R.O.B mains have disappeared.

T0MMY

Smash Master
Funny story:
At Genesis Cheese said Meta Knight should never lose to R.O.B. -- I step up to the challenge. R.O.B. wins.
3-stock.

Replay saved.

8Bitman

Smash Master
not all of them
they are just resting
I LOL'd hard.

I just placed 5th at the last tourney I went to this weekend.

I was the only person to beat ESAM at his last tourney. I guess this would be an upset.

I placed 5th with Shaky, then it went Seibrik 4th, NickRiddle 3rd, MVD 2nd, and ESAM 1st.... WTF am I posting results for, here.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=308484

This was my 8th tourney, and the best I have ever done, I know that if I play like this I should consistently make money from now on, unless I get bracket *****. NickRiddle and Seibrik are the only two people that scare me.

T0MMY

Smash Master
Good to see you have some confidence.
A shame I'll win and you'll be very sad -- maybe even cry a little bit because you'd have a HUGE advantage over me and still lost.
This scenario has happened more times than I can count, people think they can win simply because of character advantage. Gotta remember I have a major PLAYER advantage on people -- 'cause I'm awesome ([0^]

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Might as well start posting my results here since I'm using ROB again. I went to a WI tournament over the weekend that had players from IL/WI/MN. I got 9th/22 entrants going mostly ROB. The tournament was pretty stacked. http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=310995

I haven't posted in here in a while obviously, but I've been making it out of pools for the last few tournaments. Finally.

Pools:
Ki rk - (Ike/Pit) 2-0'd me. I just quit out game 2 because he was camping me with Pit, and I play him so much I knew he was gonna win.
Sa go - (MK) 2-0'd me. He went into rage MK mode and kinda destroyed me. I went Peach both games iirc though. I like the MU more when I can actually get out of tornado and I'm not just a giant hitbox.
M oe - (Marth) He went Marth on me instead of his usual MK. I'm pretty sure he 2-0'd me as well, it might've been 2-1, but either way he won.
Lo ki - (Captain Falcon) I 2-0'd him. His Falcon is good, but it's still just Falcon.
Dude - (Lucas) I 2-0'd him. He liked to roll in a lot. I just went Peach and GR chaingrabbed him both games.

So overall I got 4th seed, top 4 made it out.

In bracket:
Round 1 I had to play Na ppy, Minnesota's second best player behind M oe. I beat him 2-0. He went Snake game 1 on Smashville, and Falco game 2 on Smashville again. They were both really close games, like both last hit. I still really like the ROB vs. Falco MU, no matter how bad it is for us. It's really fun.

Round 2 Winners I had to play Yos hQ, the guy who ended up getting second at the tournament. He usually uses Luigi, but he went all MK this tournament. He kinda tore me apart. I tried both Peach and ROB, and I'm pretty sure I only got one stock off of him both games. He knew the MU verrrrry well, and he was running a ****ing train through this tournament, even beating Kain in winners finals.

In losers, I had to play Tr iple R, Minnesota's third best player. He went Kirby. I thought I knew the Kirby MU pretty well, but it turns out I just know the Kappy(my ex roommate) MU. I didn't realize how much he was punishing me for going into the air until it was too late. Game 1 I think he 3-stocked me because I suicided stupidly. Game 2 was closer, but he still came out on top.

Overall, I'm still pretty happy with how I did. Beating Na ppy shows I'm actually improving, and all the people who keep telling me to main ROB again instead of Peach were kinda right, my ROB is really good, whether I like it or not.

SxK

Karakuri Shogun mdl 00 "Burei"
I'll start posting here now. I went to a tourney in Orlando this past weekend.
I tied for 7th with D-Torr. http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=311007

Quite literally, everyone who made it out of pools is or was on the FL PR at some point xD
*Here goes nothing

Five pools consisting of four people, top two getting out.
I got the top seed in my pool, followed by Chibo.
1. Apple Jelly
2. ChiboSempai (2-0) R.O.B
3. ZHMT (2-0) Marth
4. 2iPro. (2-0) Snake

Round One I had to play Ryo (Ike), whom I practically see everyday, and he destroyed me lol. He knows me so well, two stock both games.
Round Two, I had to play MamPam (Diddy, D3). I have NO knowledge of the Diddy MU so it was pretty gnarly. However, I almost lucksacked my way to victory game two on Delfino when he went D3.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YnXrAy8kbc

Ryo got first (140ish) and MamPam tied for fifth.
This is the best I've done at a tourney, seeing as how its my, sixth one ever lol

:rob: :swag:

Top Bottom