• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *Official* Pittsburgh Melee Weeklies Thread of the LoL WoW Love

4% APR

Smash Champion
yeah guys, yall should come to that. The venue is pretty nice/not a smokey apartment. (sorry steve lol)

Todd Bonney

Smash Lord
I am in favor of the $1 tourney Friday or Saturday for people left in Pittsburgh. Also any/every day next week.

Naka, do you want the money in a check?

AprilShaw

aka Logan
I want a girl with uninterrupted prosperity
Who used a machette to cut through red tape
With fingernails that shine like justice
And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

gouda

Smash Journeyman
Friday/Saturday Business

I cannot attend... wisdom teeth coming out Friday morning >.>

WTFACE WHERE'S MY SIG?

D20

Smash Lord
Evan isn't going to Pound anymore...

Who is in my car/room?

Taki
Matt
Gerald
Logan

Confirm/Deny

Exetus

Smash Cadet
I cannot attend... wisdom teeth coming out Friday morning >.>

WTFACE WHERE'S MY SIG?
I just lost a wisdom tooth today.

I would comment on how painless it was, but the numbness hasn't worn off yet so....

AprilShaw

aka Logan
Anyone here play/played DotA?

Recruiting people to play League of Legends with me xP it's a lot like DotA but no denying and generally more offensive.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
ROB plz dun forget my HAT!

pound is gonna be ****

but eating chipotle with the pittsburgh crew/having the last supper(burrito) with shiek b4 he leaves to korea will be epic. we gotta hang out guys. def coming to your room for a bit to hang out. and by hang out I mean get convinced into unfreezing my account and talk about how rob gets all the girls(still)

Exetus

Smash Cadet
Anyone here play/played DotA?

Recruiting people to play League of Legends with me xP it's a lot like DotA but no denying and generally more offensive.
There's a few of us at CMU that play LoL.

AprilShaw

aka Logan
ROB plz dun forget my HAT!

pound is gonna be ****

but eating chipotle with the pittsburgh crew/having the last supper(burrito) with shiek b4 he leaves to korea will be epic. we gotta hang out guys. def coming to your room for a bit to hang out. and by hang out I mean get convinced into unfreezing my account and talk about how rob gets all the girls(still)
I started playing, come run me and Alan through dungeons \O/

@Exetus

Epic, we've got a pretty solid group of 3 who play. I'm the lowest summoner level (I'm 15, my friend Sean is 20 and my friend Louis is 30) but I'm decent :0 but it'd be nice to have a group of 5. We've got a guy from the UK who's like level 9 and this other guy, a friend of Louis, who's also 30, but we can never get all 5 of us on at once lol.

AprilShaw

aka Logan
Logan, this was about your post. I play LOL too, though I'm still getting over the differences between it and DotA (mostly that I can't tower dive early for last hits).
Oh **** I missed this. We gotta play sometime. And yeah, tower diving is weird... farming in general feels weird, I'm not great at it.

My best is Evelynn, and I just go around and gank xP

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Ashe is my girl, she's too good at both farming and ganking. I haven't played a whole lot yet (level 7 or 8 or something), so I haven't experimented much, but I can't argue with frost arrows and her Powershot++ ult.

I miss Kael though... invoker was wayyyyyy too fun to play.

Exetus

Smash Cadet
Ashe is my girl, she's too good at both farming and ganking. I haven't played a whole lot yet (level 7 or 8 or something), so I haven't experimented much, but I can't argue with frost arrows and her Powershot++ ult.

I miss Kael though... invoker was wayyyyyy too fun to play.
Invoker is awesome. When the newer version of him came out, I loved getting Sunstrike kills cause for some reason so many people didn't realize it was a global ability.

I play LoL semiregularly with about 7 other people. We have occasional 5 man premades, though more often we run with 3 or 4. As far as level goes, I believe I'm the highest at lvl 28. No clue on ELO though. Probably Mark at the highest only cause his playing Twisted Fate means he can win whenever he wants to, haha. Our skill level ranges quite a bit.

Ashe is actually not that great of a champion. Kind of upper mid tier I guess. She has insane lane control, but she's basically a worse version of Twitch or Teemo. The former being one of the best carries in the game (ridiculous range AND full splash with invisibility, AoE snare, and an AoE nuke) and the latter having really good map control and anti carry abilities (100% blind.)

I'll be back in Pittsburgh on Sunday. Gonna miss my TX sun though, but it's totally worth it to be near people who play Melee again. Oh yeah, and the entire education thing is probably important too.

AprilShaw

aka Logan
Ashe's ult is broken as hell. As a character she's really good though. Do you solo mid with her? Because if so, you won't get to with our group. Seen a Twitch in action yet? XD

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Yes, Twitch is ****ing ********, I'm well aware. I'll start branching out soon, but I'm still getting used to the mechanics of the game and the items, so I'm keeping it simple for the time being :p. I'm semi-used to soloing mid with her, but I don't have to.

My typical invoker build was pretty non-standard
it was like:
2-4 early nulls
int treads
AC
Orchid/Ags
play the last slots by ear, but usually radiance or mkb, depending on dpsing or abusing ghost walk.

skills were
e
q
r
e
e
q
r
e
q
q
w

level up invoke when I can, then max e followed by w.

I'd play early game with constant forge spirits and ice wall as a farmer/pusher and then transition into either dps or caster depending on the rest of my team, so fun. plus, with AC, spirits and all his AoE stuff, you can always push.

Top Bottom