• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *Official* Pittsburgh Melee Weeklies Thread of the LoL WoW Love

pokemongeof

Smash Lord
Carroll, don't think this is your fault. You're probably feeling guilty, but you didn't cause it. Believe me i'm a pretty sensitive guy. I respect your wishes for CF4 being your last tournament, it is I ask for that you do not feel guilty about yourself for this happening. You tried your hardest to reunite the bond between you and your brother. And that is all what really matters.

Remember, your still one for my favorite Foxes. And best wishes for the future.

Man, PA is going through rough times and having quite a handful of retirements. With Vudujin and now Carroll. Best wishes to you all.

PGH Carroll

Smash Master
It's August 11th Jacob. And I was gonna say.. If I don't end up with M2K you wanna team at that?

We can go out in style and I'd rather go out with homie.

And also.. If I'm gonna drop a hobby.. I wanna pick up piano. Always been my dream. Jacob lets work.

Vudujin

Smash Lord
I'm down to team with you. We'll get some jam sessions started up, and make an awesome smash-themed pop album. You gotta check out my studio room.

Alan, where the poop have you been? I need mah bassist!

kd-

Smash Lord
One of my life's goals was to best carroll in bracket. :(
Same D:

On a slightly lighter note, I'll say what I came in here in the first place for: grats on/welcome to retirement Carroll! You remain undefeated against me for life :] ^_^

It hurts to see bad things happen to good people. I can't really say much about it, but I hope these troubles are settled and in the end everything turns out alright with you guys, Carroll and Swag. I've got respect for the entire PGH crew and I hope that perhaps smash hasn't been as destructive to your life as you might think, cutting competitive smash out of your life (I know I feel like smash has been pretty bad for me). Good luck moving forward, you've always been a good person to me and I hope brighter days are in store

Cave Dweller

Smash Apprentice
Business first: anyone want to smash tonight??

Carroll, I'm oh so sad to see you go. Pittsburgh is truly losing one of its finest. That being said, remain hopeful! Time, kind words, and changing perspectives can heal all wounds.

bearsfan092

Smash Journeyman
Maybe not tonight, but I'm probably available to play sometime this week. Also, who's interested in going to that smash for education thing? I was thinking about going and could possibly drive some folks.

Ambix

Smash Ace
.noitcnitxe fo tniop eht ot esolc ylsuoregnad decuder neeb evah ,anut nifeulb nrehtuoS eht sa hcus ,seiceps anut emos fo skcots ,gnihsif-revo fo tluser a sA .hsif emag a sa ralupop si dna yllaicremmoc dehsif ylevisnetxe si ti ,saes mraw ni dnuoF .)hpm 74( h/mk 57 ot pu fo sdeeps fo elbapac si ,elpmaxe rof ,anut nifwolley eht – hsif cigalep gnimmiws-tsetsaf eht gnoma si dna ,ydob denilmaerts ,keels a sah anut eht ,rotaderp eliga dna evitca nA .retaw gnidnuorrus eht naht rehgih erutarepmet ydob a niatniam ot meht gnilbane ,hsif gnoma euqinu era smetsys yrotaripser dna yrotalucric riehT

.sraey 05 ot pu rof evil ot deveileb si dna ,)tf 6.6( m 2 segareva nifeulb ehT .))bl 805,1( gk 486 :thgiew ,)tf 51( m 6.4 :htgnel .xam( anut nifeulb citnaltA eht ot pu ))bl 4( gk 8.1 :thgiew ,)tf 6.1( mc 05 :htgnel .xam( anut tellub eht morf gnignar ,yltaerg yrav hcihw fo sezis eht ,areneg evif ssorca seiceps neetfif sesirpmoc ininnuhT .slerekcam hsinapS dna ,slerekcam ,sotinob eht sedulcni osla ,sanut eht htiw rehtegot hcihw – )eadirbmocS( ylimaf lerekcam eht fo gnipuorg-bus a ,ininnuhT ebirt eht ot sgnoleb taht hsifnif retawtlas a si anut A

Life

Smash Hero
.noitcnitxe fo tniop eht ot esolc ylsuoregnad decuder neeb evah ,anut nifeulb nrehtuoS eht sa hcus ,seiceps anut emos fo skcots ,gnihsif-revo fo tluser a sA .hsif emag a sa ralupop si dna yllaicremmoc dehsif ylevisnetxe si ti ,saes mraw ni dnuoF .)hpm 74( h/mk 57 ot pu fo sdeeps fo elbapac si ,elpmaxe rof ,anut nifwolley eht – hsif cigalep gnimmiws-tsetsaf eht gnoma si dna ,ydob denilmaerts ,keels a sah anut eht ,rotaderp eliga dna evitca nA .retaw gnidnuorrus eht naht rehgih erutarepmet ydob a niatniam ot meht gnilbane ,hsif gnoma euqinu era smetsys yrotaripser dna yrotalucric riehT

.sraey 05 ot pu rof evil ot deveileb si dna ,)tf 6.6( m 2 segareva nifeulb ehT .))bl 805,1( gk 486 :thgiew ,)tf 51( m 6.4 :htgnel .xam( anut nifeulb citnaltA eht ot pu ))bl 4( gk 8.1 :thgiew ,)tf 6.1( mc 05 :htgnel .xam( anut tellub eht morf gnignar ,yltaerg yrav hcihw fo sezis eht ,areneg evif ssorca seiceps neetfif sesirpmoc ininnuhT .slerekcam hsinapS dna ,slerekcam ,sotinob eht sedulcni osla ,sanut eht htiw rehtegot hcihw – )eadirbmocS( ylimaf lerekcam eht fo gnipuorg-bus a ,ininnuhT ebirt eht ot sgnoleb taht hsifnif retawtlas a si anut A
syhw01

yhw

Ambix

Smash Ace
So i just ordered a new controller. it should be here friday.

anyone with a triwing want to smash on friday?

AprilShaw

aka Logan
Anything going down on saturday/sunday? My surgery is in like 4 hours and I should be out of the ICU sometime on Friday, hopefully. If all goes well I should be able to walk this weekend, and I'd like to hang out with people if I can :)

bearsfan092

Smash Journeyman
I think it's Saturday, but honestly even the people running it don't sound enthusiastic about the turnout, so not going. Still, we should do something this weekend.

bearsfan092

Smash Journeyman
Anyone have half a mind to go to the SMashing for Education thing tomorrow? If someone wants to go and needs a ride, I'll drive em.

Vyke

Smash Champion
Neil deGrasse Tyson did an AMA today on Reddit and walked away with some pretty phenomenal quoting material.

"Q: I'm a teenager who is a big fan of astronomy and physics and an enormous fan of yours. Do you have any tips for a high school student who is interested in pursuing a career in astronomy/astrophysics?
Thanks for doing this :)

A: In whatever you choose to do. Do it because it's hard, not because it's easy. Math and physics and astrophysics are hard. For every hard thing you accomplish, fewer other people are out there doing the same thing as you. That's what doing something hard means. And in the limit of this, everyone beats a path to your door because you're the only one around who understands the impossible concept or who solves the unsolvable problem."

Top Bottom