• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *Official* Pittsburgh Melee Weeklies Thread of the LoL WoW Love

AprilShaw

aka Logan
What the **** are you guys doing having a discussion without me, Alan, or Taki trolling it

And Alan's post doesn't count because it's completely legit

But yeah, Nite Spot is a go over the school year I'm sure. :D

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
I forgot about Thomas b/c I kinda look up to Rob.

He's the first one I saw when I first came to Duq.

Nice to know Thomas will be holding it down for us.

I'll say it again: Tourney when we first get back.

Also, no food, no Shuffles.

Edit: Love you, too, John.

Lol.

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Alright, so I'm stopping by to see what's going on with the Pittsburgh scene. College is starting up soon, so do you guys have any plans to play melee throughout this year (like host tournies/smashfests or anything?) I'll be at WVU, which is only about an hour away from Pittsburgh. I'm just wondering if you guys would be up for coming down here for smashfests/tourneys or if you guys will be hosting anything.

gouda

Smash Journeyman
Plus infinite respect to Matt.

DUQ is open for business and ready to receive rapage.

@KrayKnux

Every friday afternoon till like 1 am there will be a smash fest a Duquesne University in downtown Pittsburgh unless otherwise noted. Check this thread often to avoid showing up and no one be there, or missing out on a sick impromptu tourney. In fact, subscribe if you plan to attend often :]

Takin control LIKE A BOSS.

gg

takieddine

Smash Master
Duq's "Nite Spot."

Although, I realized that Rob usually signs us in, and he isn't going to be there. . . . and TSK shows up as he pleases.

So, I'll have to play the "Angry Black Man" card.

Edit: So much arrogance in this thread. Get along, children.

gg
I will be going back to school this semester, gg.

gouda

Smash Journeyman
still orientation week this friday, which means no free food at the nite spot if its even open. next friday fa sho.

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
I'll be there if my cooler friends don't want to go out.

YEEEAAAWWWW!!!!

Lol, heart you guys.

Realizer

Smash Rookie
So I'm told this was the place for Pittsburgh's Melee scene. Never really played anyone seriously in Melee before so I might be bad if I play you guys...

I play Falcon, so don't be too harsh :X

AprilShaw

aka Logan
If there are two things we love here in Pittsburgh, it's Falcon mains and new people for the group :D

Keep up with the thread, once school starts we will be getting together at Duquesne's student union building on the bottom floor every Friday. Smash and free food for all :D

AprilShaw

aka Logan
Btw for anyone that goes to Pitt: is there a gaming/smash club? I'm an incoming freshman and apparently you sign up for clubs during orientation.
Nope. But if you're in Lothrop, that's where all the smashers'll be at.

I'm thinking of starting a smash club though. Would be cool :O

Also, there is a gaming club, but it's a d20 RPG club I believe. And the people at its stand were *******s at my orientation.

gouda

Smash Journeyman
I REPEAT.
There will be NO smash at Duq friday. The nitespot is closed for business.
August 27th is the next friday, in which we shall commence weeklies. If anyone would still like to play this friday the 20th, then we'll have to find someplace else.

The_Aegis

Just a Taco
I REPEAT.
There will be NO smash at Duq friday. The nitespot is closed for business.
August 27th is the next friday, in which we shall commence weeklies. If anyone would still like to play this friday the 20th, then we'll have to find someplace else.
mah bad :grin:

takieddine

Smash Master
You guys are dumb, the commuter lounge (right next to the nitespot) is always there..., plus GOUDA is one of Pedro's cousins with all the sweet hook-ups, he can get us another TV. So i say smash is happening.

Worst thing that can happen is we smash at CMU.

I just ordered 2 of these, arent they cute?

Engel

Smash Journeyman
well this thread sure got active fast o_0

I should probably mention that I started working at Pitt a couple weeks ago so I'm around Oakland a lot more now :)

Top Bottom