• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Pikmin Combo Thread

Newtwarrior

Smash Cadet
Well, being through multiple forums, and looking around, people say:
"You got to know what Pikmin you have, so you can combo!"
" Setting your Pikmin up is Key!"

Well, these statements couldn't be more true.
So how do you set them up? What combos do "plan" out.

This is not a necessarily a combo move thread, as in physical attacks.
(Up Tilt + Air/Smash A for example) it is rather a thread used for Pikmin tatics.
To start, a favorite of mine.

2 (or more) whites + 2 Purple Pikmin.

Effect: High Damage, while knocking back opponent, while white Pikmin continue to up the damage.

Also if your lucky, this combo is spammable, unless your opponent catches on.

Theres tons more to list, but I'll leave that to you guys.

:embarrass

Pink4Life

Smash Cadet
If we're REALLY going to do this, i gots comboes :D

1. Knowing you pikmin line-up is the most important step to becoming good with Olimar.

There are a few Olimar combos, which is amazing, because combos dont really exist in brawl.

One combo Echo put in his guide is to use F-B with a grab. Not so much a combo as a damage dealer. Great to use this when you're opponent is rolling towards you :D.

Low percent combo
Grab -> D-Throw -> U-Smash -> U-Air

Now, the pikmin that should be used for each attack...
Grab Blue/Yellow/Red/White (The reason i dont use purple is because purple grab range SUCKS, and their knockback for D-Throw is greater than the others, so your opponent may escape the u-smash
U-smash should be done with Blue/yellow/red. (Whites dont have enough knockback, purples have too much, if you up smash with the purple, your opponent may escape, with the whites, the opponent wont be high enough for a U-air.)
U-air should only be done with yellow or red(in most of my matches, i find it MUCH easier to keep the opponent in the entire U-air with yellows or reds. Blues tend to knock the opponent out, and the whites do too little damage, while purples also dont keep the opponent in.)

The D-throw -> U-smash -> U-air combo is only useful at lower percents. At higher percents, connecting with the U-smash is more difficult, and even if you do connect, its much harder to get the opponent stuck in your U-air. I would reccomend taking out the U-air and only going in with a U-smash.

Down Throw -> U-smash at higher percents needs a different set of pikmin.
For the throw, i reccomend using yellow/white/red because they have smaller knockback than the blues or purples at higher percent.

U-smash should be done with a purple pikmin. Purple pikmin give knockback. Not forward, but UP! So use this to your advantage. A purple up-smash is hard to connect (short range). At high percents (over 100) a purple up-smash will usually kill the opponent. (While i LOVE purples, its really hard to connect this up-smash. An alternative that is still effective is to use yellows or reds.)

This is just something i do when i play my games.

Diver

Smash Rookie
A favourite pikmin combination of mine is [red yello blue white purple purple], cause I once did a combo on someone by doing double jab > ftilt > dash attack > nair [so far using only Olimar :p] but then I did a Fair with red, to a Bair with Yello that spiked, then I landed and grabbed with Blu and tossed him off stage, threw a white to Latch onto him while he tried to recover, but then I threw a purple that knocked him back again, then [pulled some pikmin] but the next Purple was still in line and I smashed him dead :D

I remember this cause its a recorded match on my Wii and I just watched it now :p
I won
[:

but yeah that was pretty situational, but it happens that the order my pikmin were in, used at least one of each colour. Just saying that every pikmin can be useful in doing something, as you all allready know. Using many different coloured pikmin keeps the opponent guessing as to what move you're about to do next.

joeysmash

Smash Ace
NNID
papakarcher
One small one i like to do is to do a down grab, then up-b. its fairly simple, and it can open some space. Just make sure you have 5-6 pikmin or you will miss.

Pink4Life

Smash Cadet
ANother Good Combo that i dont see often is the...
D-Throw -> F-air -> Grab

Rinse repeat

I've seen one person ACTUALLY use this REALLY well(cause for some reason, no one likes this combo O.o), and its alot more complicated to escape.

When i was caught in this combo, my first instinct was air dodge the F-air. I did successfully, but when i landed, i was wide open in my shield. The Oli grabbed me, and repeated. The only way to escape is jumping, but this combo works at least once per stock. Use this combo SParingly.

Now the right Pikmin to use....

D-throw = Red, yellow, white, blue (Low percent) Red/Yellow/White (Higher percents)

The reason we dont use purple for low percent is because of the increased knockback, this allows the opponent to escape more easily. Same goes for not using blue and purple at higher percents.

The F-air = Red, Yellow, Blue (Lower Percent) Red, Yellow, Blue, Purple (Higher Percents)

Red yellows and blue are used at lower percents because the knock back is just enough so you hit the opponent within your grab range,. (Whites dont do enough damage, and are useless for this combo, Purples have too much knockback)
The reason i added purples to the higher percent list is because that at higher percents, you're looking for a kill. Using the Purple's usually gaurantees the opponent will be knocked off the ledge.

More coming :D

Kabuto Mushi

Smash Journeyman
ANother Good Combo that i dont ee often is the...
D-Throw -> F-air -> Grab

Rinse repeat

I've seen one person ACTAULLY use this REALLY well, and its alot more complicated to escape.
oh, you mean that 0-kill combo thing. At the end of that one if you have a Red/Blue/Yellow pikmin it's great to do a spike straight down... :laugh:

Pink4Life

Smash Cadet
Another combo that doesn't need pikmin is...

Jab -> Jab -> Dash attack/F-tilt

Simple and works when you can get it off (No pikmin required :D)

chainsaw2x333

Smash Cadet
a combo i do with no pikmin is dash attack, Nair, then U-tilt......or D-tilt, then F-tilt.........but having a pikmin smash added to the end of that works alot better :D

Blade Knight

Smash Ace
If we're REALLY going to do this, i gots comboes :D

1. Knowing you pikmin line-up is the most important step to becoming good with Olimar.

There are a few Olimar combos, which is amazing, because combos dont really exist in brawl.

One combo Echo put in his guide is to use F-B with a grab. Not so much a combo as a damage dealer. Great to use this when you're opponent is rolling towards you :D.

Low percent combo
Grab -> D-Throw -> U-Smash -> U-Air
**** Ninja'd anyhoodles i prefer the Forward throw forward air spike off the edge combo!

Top Bottom