• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official P:M BC Thread!

`dazrin

Smash Champion
I thought it was about time that I made this, especially with Project:M gaining momentum in our region.

MISSION STATEMENT

It is our mission to unite the BC Smash community under one roof through the game, Project:M. This game appeals to both the Melee and Brawl communities, making it very easy for us to use as a tool to unite and become one. For a long time, both communities have been separated and have ridiculed each other in the past. However, this will be no more, as we shall do everything in our power to bring our communities together into one big smash scene, and once again make BC a smash dynasty. It is also our mission to grow the community as much as possible by being very welcoming and accepting of new players. This includes talking to them, playing with them, helping them out, and just making them feel at home in this community. Thank you all for your cooperation in growing the BC smash scene!

This thread's purpose is for discussion about P:M in BC, to keep you up to date with tournament information, and for both brawl and melee players who play project:M in BC can socialize.

POWER RANKINGS

Project:M is still in it's infancy stages as far as tournaments go. Once we have more results to go by, a PR will eventually be formed. For now, please be patient as more tournaments roll by and we gather more sufficient data to create a PR. Thanks!

STAGELIST/RULES

This has been a hot-topic as of late and we need YOUR help to decide on an official BC stage-list that most people can agree on. It's probably not possible to make EVERYONE happy with one stagelist, but we will do the best we can!

As of late, our stage-lists look like this:

[COLLAPSE="Conservative BC Stage List (CBC)"]11 Stages

NEUTRALS:

Battlefield
Final Destination
SmashVille
Pokemon Stadium 2
Yoshi's Story (Melee)

COUNTER-PICKS:

Dracula's Castle
Pokemon Stadium 1
Dream Land 64
Fountain Of Dreams
Rumble Falls
Wario Ware
Green Hill Zone(Singles only)
SSE: Jungle (Doubles only)

~Stage Strike from neutrals 1-2-1 using Rock-Paper-Scissors to determine who strikes first.

~Winner of gets 3 stage bans for the rest of the set.

~Loser picks a stage from the stages remaining.
[/COLLAPSE]

TOURNAMENTS AND INFORMATION ABOUT THEM

Our P:M tournaments will be mostly held alongside Melee tournaments on the same day, which means that there will be monthly tournaments, more or less. If it isn't possible to host P:M alongside a Melee event for whatever reason, we may also host P:M at a Brawl event. However, it's much better to host P:M at a Melee tournament since they have been known to have better overall attendance, and we want to include as many people as possible in our tournaments. Our official P:M TOs are myself, and SinisterB. Please feel free to ask either one of us any questions/ comments/ concerns pertaining to P:M tournaments for more information! :)

UPCOMING TOURNAMENT ON SEPTEMBER 1ST: Melee in the Hold 5, featuring PMp2
Check out the thread and confirm yourself! Everything will be livestreamed!

This thread will keep you up to date with the latest tournament information, so subscribe to it so you can keep up to date! ^_^

Thanks once again everyone! Let's grow the smash community together!
(And please help us out by giving your opinion on the stagelists. Your opinion is important to us!)

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
Word!!

We needed this, don't care what anyone says. Great stuff, Daz.

Be sure to sub guys!

:097:

| Big D |

Smash Master
Just wondering about greenhill zone, it used to be a starter but it's banned now.

Other then that everything looks good.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
I personally think the stage is fine for CP, but Yakal hates it.

If people think it's fine then I'll throw it on CP and Yakal can just ban it all the time.

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
I think Green Hill is a reasonable CP choice.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Please keep in mind that the condensed stagelist is in beta and everything is subject to change depending on YOUR opinions. If you like a certain stage or don't like a certain stage, please speak up!

Arcansi

Smash Champion
If P:M doesn't have a problem with combos that go off walkoffs (it shouldn't, as far as I know), then there's no competitive reason why it shouldn't be CP.

The only other possible thing is circle camping, but I don't think that should ever come up.

Just have to get over the hurdle of actually learning the stage + getting past the people who don't like it because their main is bad on it.

Rusty Shacklefurd

Smash Lord
South-east of New Zealand, and no, you'll never fi
Green Hill Zone is modified in P:M.

Remove Pokemon Stadium 1, it's just the same as Stadium 2 but with added jank. Bring back metal cavern unless someone has a better reason than "I can't cover the stage with lasers" for getting rid of it.

On the topic of Green Hill Zone, I think it should be left out. I personally like it but it's kind of stupidly small and there's enough other good stages that it just wastes space on the list. Keep it at 11 stages.

Irisz

The Wanderer
NNID
QnIrisZ
3DS FC
4871-4459-0233
:o Finally, a P:M thread. Much needed Daze :D

Thanks for doin' this :3

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Green Hill Zone is modified in P:M.

Remove Pokemon Stadium 1, it's just the same as Stadium 2 but with added jank. Bring back metal cavern unless someone has a better reason than "I can't cover the stage with lasers" for getting rid of it.

On the topic of Green Hill Zone, I think it should be left out. I personally like it but it's kind of stupidly small and there's enough other good stages that it just wastes space on the list. Keep it at 11 stages.
PS1 is actually has different boundaries such as a MUCH lower ceiling and a smaller main platform, so characters like Fox and Pikachu do much better there than on PS2. Still, the transformations are super jank, so I might just get rid of it. No one seems to CP there anyways.

If we take your suggestion, this is what the Stage List will look like. CPs have 3 small stages and 3 large stages, and neutrals have 2 medium stages, 2 large stages and 1 small stage. I'm liking this set up.

[COLLAPSE="stagelist beta 0.1"]11 STAGES
Starters: (5 starters)
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Pokemon Stadium 2
Yoshi's Story (melee)

Counterpick: (6 counterpick)
Metal Cavern
WarioWare
Fountain of Dreams
Dreamland
Dracula's Castle
Rumble Falls[/COLLAPSE]
Also how do people feel about JCaesar's Grouping Stage System? He he used it at quite a few tournaments now and it's been working well as far as I know. It combines the aspect of having many viable stages to play on with the ease of having only 1 ban.

JCaesar's Grouping set:
For the 1st match, stage strike the starter list in 1-2-2-1 fashion. After the 1st match, each player bans a stage group for the remainder of the set (Players may counterpick a stage from the group they banned, and both players may ban the same group). The player who lost the previous match chooses a stage, then the player who won chooses their character, then the player who lost chooses their character.
[COLLAPSE="JCaesar's Grouping Stage System"]
Starters:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Pokemon Stadium 2
Dreamland (64)
Yoshi's Story (Melee)
Fountain of Dreams (singles only)
SSE: Jungle (doubles only)

Counterpicks:
Group 1: Flat, Open Stages
Final Destination
Smashville
Green Hill Zone
Dracula's Castle

Group 2: The "BattleField" Setup
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium 1
Pokemon Stadium 2

Group 3: Smallish Stages
Yoshi's Story (Melee)
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Wario Ware
Fountain of Dreams

Group 4: Very Large/ Big Boundaries
Dreamland (64)
Skyworld
Rumble Falls
SSE:Jungle (teams only)

Group 5: Janky, Uneven terrain.
Kongo Jungle (64)
Halberd
Brinstar
Metal Cavern (singles only)
Hyrule Castle 64 (teams only)[/COLLAPSE]

Rusty Shacklefurd

Smash Lord
The group thing sounds pretty bad; makes too many assumptions on how a person bans. For example, characters like Ike, Shiek, Wario, Mario and Lucario get significant recovery benefits from cliffed stages vs island stages, but that isn't be factored in at all with the grouped method, and to try and account for factors like that just makes the whole thing more convoluted and defeats the purpose.

:phone:

`dazrin

Smash Champion
The group thing sounds pretty bad; makes too many assumptions on how a person bans. For example, characters like Ike, Shiek, Wario, Mario and Lucario get significant recovery benefits from cliffed stages vs island stages, but that isn't be factored in at all with the grouped method, and to try and account for factors like that just makes the whole thing more convoluted and defeats the purpose.

:phone:
That's a really good point, and I agree with you completely.

Just to play devil's advocate though, do you think that using the beta 0.1 list that someone would be able to ban ALL stages with cliffs? If not, then isn't it the same kind of issue?

Personally, I'm not that big a fan of the grouped stages system. However, something along the lines of that list will be the FC stagelist for P:M. So I thought it would be worth trying out at least once to see how people receive it. I'm liking our BC list much better though so far.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
I have a very important and very serious question:

Will I be forced to enter another Project M event against my will?

ok fine this was a joke post

Actually, all jokes aside, here's a serious question:

If project M happens on the same day as melee events, and will always be a side event, does this mean that smash 64 will never be a side event? There is a chance this may have an effect on my attendance...

Rusty Shacklefurd

Smash Lord
That's a really good point, and I agree with you completely.

Just to play devil's advocate though, do you think that using the beta 0.1 list that someone would be able to ban ALL stages with cliffs? If not, then isn't it the same kind of issue?

Personally, I'm not that big a fan of the grouped stages system. However, something along the lines of that list will be the FC stagelist for P:M. So I thought it would be worth trying out at least once to see how people receive it. I'm liking our BC list much better though so far.
Yoshi's Story, Drac and Wario Ware. There's also other factors, like preference. Yakal shouldn't be forced to ban Fountain, Island and Wario Ware just because he doesn't like playing on Yoshi's Story.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
I have a very important and very serious question:

Will I be forced to enter another Project M event against my will?

ok fine this was a joke post

Actually, all jokes aside, here's a serious question:

If project M happens on the same day as melee events, and will always be a side event, does this mean that smash 64 will never be a side event? There is a chance this may have an effect on my attendance...
You can host a 64 side event at melee events as well. Just be prepared to be limited to possibly 1 or 2 TVs at most. There are a limited number of TVs and P:M and Melee will take priority over them.

You can still run a 64 side event though during doubles or something and have people play 64 matches in between. Should be completely fine. ^_^

I won't be organizing 64 events though. I'm already swamped as it is during tournaments taking care of stream issues, playing matches, taking signups, collecting money, answering questions, etc etc. If you want to host a 64 event, you will probably need to take responsibility for it yourself.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Word!!

We needed this, don't care what anyone says. Great stuff, Daz.

Be sure to sub guys!

:097:
:o Finally, a P:M thread. Much needed Daze :D

Thanks for doin' this :3
daze steppin it up
Just posting to show my support. Good **** Daze!

P:M Lessssgoooooooooo
hey daze, good job on this. ur steppin ya leadership skills up.

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone! ^_^ Your support is REALLY appreciated! :D I'm really glad the community has my back on this, as without you guys, none of this would ever be possible. Thanks again!

KKOrange

Smash Cadet
good **** daz, UNITE THE SMASH COMMUNITY!!! and ROB! if you can get me a 64 cartridge, im definitely down to host (or help you host) a 64 event! I could do the TO work while you decide the ruleset or something if youd like? :D i have a 64 and 2 controllers but no game though :(

Also daz i want to thank you! For being such a nice dude and helping me get into the community! :D Congratz on having a successful first (full) P:M event even though you didnt get the turnout we all wanted to see, but that will definitely come in the future, I'll definitely be at the next P:M event no matter what! :D

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Thanks a lot, Orange! Thanks for being ****. You have a ton of potential.
Also thanks for maining Toon Link and being a fellow swaghomie :p

As for 64, I also have a 64 and 2 controllers with no cartridge. I can bring a second set up if we have another cartridge laying around. I know Meta has one.

Also SKidd you should come to a smashfest sometime!

Which reminds me:
SMASH FEST TODAY (THURSDAY)

Me,
SinisterB,
Meta,
Yakal,
Orange,
Kaosnoob,
~Sion
~Shaya

and more coming tomorrow! Come out and lets play some SMASH

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
Filthyyyy

Stop by and meet the legendary KKOrange! It'll be cool to see how you guys fare. I love you both but my money's on Irisz ;)

In other news; Results from last weekends tourney, finally, are up.

Project Empire Results
07/22/12

SKidd

Smash Master
I'll try to come out to more, when is next real tourney gonna be?

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
We haven't decided on a date yet but i've heard talk of the 25th (Melee). Either way, it'll probably be late month rather than early due to a few reasons such as FC being on the 15th.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
You better be c:
I wanna meet this Orange guy I've heard about :o

Well TOTAL fluke, my mom's gotta be in Van tmrw for business stuff...I could possibly stop by ;D
OMG moneymatch orange while your down here.

Also the next tournament looks like its gonna be on the 25th of August. More details on that soon.

Irisz

The Wanderer
NNID
QnIrisZ
3DS FC
4871-4459-0233
Fack -.- couldn't come . . .

Apparently she went to Van to get that car fixed from the last time I couldn't come to brawl monthlies lmfao

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
jellin' pretty hard right now cause i can't go, but do work guys!

rep dat BC

Top Bottom