• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

Blackadder

Smash Master
I hated Sonic 3. lol.

I was expecting Green Hill zone, but this is... good, too. The song's great! I'm glad to hear the team behind Live and Learn is back.
...Yeah, Sonic 3 isn't as good as Sonic 1 or 2. But still! I like how the music is kept to its basic bleeps and bloops of old. Who needs jazzy complex tunes when a beep will sufice?

I want the old Boss music back though. :(
"Dun dun dun dun dun DOO DOO DOO DOO DOO DOOO, dun dun dun dun dun dun dun da dadadadadaaa! Da da da daa da da da da da da daa!.."

blayde_axel

Smash Master
By the way, you guys notice that his name was mysteriously added to the Musicians list? If it's been pointed out before, sue me.

lol. That music was sweet. But I have a feeling we'll be getting a rip of the original songs (Sonic 1's Green Hill and Boss music, maybe). Horrible Genesis sounds and all.

gamer8

Smash Lord
Sonic 3 was still pretty fun, especially sonic 3 and knuckles where you could turn into hyper sonic hyper knuckles and super tails(with 4 super flickies).

InvincibleAgent

Smash Lord
Corneria, Oregon, US - Melee: Roy, Link, Ganondorf
Hey, you guys who think Sonic 3 isn't as good as 1 or 2. You're right. Sonic 3 is incomplete. Sonic 3 & Knuckles is the complete experience. Unless you've played both of those together, got all 14 emeralds, played Sky Sanctuary and Doomsday Zones, you have not experienced Sonic 3 the way it was meant to be played.

EDIT: Oh, and Angel Island music isn't that great... It's 4/5 stars. Gimme some Star Light Zone.

Blackadder

Smash Master
Hey, you guys who think Sonic 3 isn't as good as 1 or 2. You're right. Sonic 3 is incomplete. Sonic 3 & Knuckles is the complete experience. Unless you've played both of those together, got all 14 emeralds, played Sky Sanctuary and Doomsday Zones, you have not experienced Sonic 3 the way it was meant to be played.
It's still just not as fun as Sonic 1 or 2, IMO.
Actually, Sonic 2 is the one I love, but that's really my idolized view of the game, as it was one of the first I recall ever playing fully.

I remember being overjoyed when I got Mega Collection Plus.
And to think a I saw a Magazine give it a low score because
"Old games are not fun".
Ew. :(

Uchiha.Sanosuke

Smash Journeyman
It's still just not as fun as Sonic 1 or 2, IMO.
Actually, Sonic 2 is the one I love, but that's really my idolized view of the game, as it was one of the first I recall ever playing fully.

I remember being overjoyed when I got Mega Collection Plus.
And to think a I saw a Magazine give it a low score because
"Old games are not fun".
Ew. :(
That's what my brother said too. I'm sitting in a restaurant and I'm like, "So you're saying that Super Mario Bros. isn't the greatest game ever?" and he's like "Well, no, what about Resistance?"

Kids these days...

Good update, nice pictures, great music, really fits somewhere like Green Hill Zone!

Oh, and Blackadder, I think I did vote for you somewhere...I can't remember what category, though...

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Loved the update, from such a great game that brought back the memories, and I'm happy to see Sonic doesn't have too much of a "recent" song in his stage.

Tomorrow I predict a stage.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Loved the update, from such a great game that brought back the memories, and I'm happy to see Sonic doesn't have too much of a "recent" song in his stage.

Hopefully Angel Island Zone. I'd love to see that. Hopefully they'll stick to the classic design of that level. Not that I have anything against the modern version of that stage.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804

They said he also has Live and Learn in the update

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Still, that's not recent either, that was probably Sonic's last good game (IMO) >_>. Sonic Adventure Battle 2 is where I stopped playing the series and that was way back like 01' or '02.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Still, that's not recent either, that was probably Sonic's last good game (IMO) >_>. Sonic Adventure Battle 2 is where I stopped playing the series and that was way back like 01' or '02.
Ehh, I played it until Shadow the Hedgehog.......:p

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Yeah, Shadow killed it.
Hedgehog Grand Theft Auto. Just a real case of WTF.

Hopefully, now that their cooperating with Nintendo, they'll do better.

RDK

Smash Hero
The update lacked awesomeness, but the song was cool and nostalgic. Still.....

Where's our Santa Mario, Sakurai?

Legolastom

Smash Hero
It was fun in a "I know nothing about games and have had a controller for all 5 minutes of my life" kinda fun, not a "Fun" kinda fun.

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
I predict a blue update for tomorrow. (If I keep doing that, we won't get one. It works for 2 and a half weeks now.)

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Yhea Dr.Robotnicks mean bean machine. That was great, even if it was just Puyo Puyo pop (Or whatever) with Sonic characters.

SiegK

Smash Champion
Huntington Beach, SoCal. Wanna Smash? PM me.
Oh Yeah! Merry Christmas to me! I knew they were gunna go with Sonic the Hedgehog 3!!!

The two floating platforms go away and come back just like in the game, the logs on the waterfall keep falling throughout the match, the single small platform rises and falla all the time and the ledge near Diddy falls when steped on, but comes back.

SiegK

Smash Champion
Huntington Beach, SoCal. Wanna Smash? PM me.
@IsmaR: Thanks ^_^ Its an old one. 1st one I made like... i dont know how many months ago.

This is the best update I could ask for for Christmas I think, inly thing missing is the Stage.
I Love what they did with the music and although we already knew his Final Smash, these are some pretty AWESOME screenshots!

Legolastom

Smash Hero
I was talking to the person before you. And even if you are a Sonic buff it wasnt exactly that amazing.

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
We just got two character updates in a row...could this possibly mean that we will get one on every day this week?

shadowlink3

Smash Journeyman
yes there is going to be a sonic stage. And I believe sonic 3 was the greatest game ever, the knuckles add in with sonic and knuckles, where you had to put the game in the game (witch was a great idea by Sega) just made it better. Longer sonic and such. I love the music update. the FS update, ofcorse every1 saw it coming, but think of it this way, it is now out of the way, just a few more of those before we get past those pesky fillers and on to the juicy updates. =D

Top Bottom