• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

Xarias

Smash Journeyman
Well so much for the idea that those little boxes above the pictured events represent 'tabs' of 10 events each.

But now the question is, if the cursor on the little boxes just moves along with the cursor on the events, what's the point of them?

courte

Smash Lord
everytime u unlock more events it shows you where you are down the line

maybe theres two lines, maybe it goes off screen like the music select

AIM0001

Smash Lord
Hmmmmm Friday we got an informal AT update which deconfirmed 2 possible playable characters and now we find out co-op event is added. Could sakurai be running out of bull$hit updates. Maybe he's getting ready to give us good updates again. Maybe now will get new $hit instead of stuff we knew from E 4 All. I hope I'm not speaking too soon though.:urg:

Ianthraxx

Smash Apprentice
You may be right there. As if Dark Samus had a chance. I hate to play the race card, but I'm surprised even a nod to the Prime series is in this game: The Phazon Suit.

Japan seems to have nothing but contempt for American-made games.
I wouldn't really know, you might be right, but I don't quite think it's that... Dark Samus hardly screams "personality" or "originality" in terms of character. It's just a neat little baddie as far as I'm concerned...

EDIT: Oh, sweet, 100 posts. :D

EDIT 2: P.S. I thought tonight's update was pretty sweet. :D

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
Seriously?

The drought may not be ending as soon as I thought if they can seriously drag more than one update out of every single game mode. This is nothing more than a repeat of what we got three weeks ago, with the addition of co-op play, which could have easily be mentioned in the first update.

At least we can hope they won't waste our time with an update around co-op Targets or Coin Mode, though after they updated Meta Knight's moves twice, it wouldn't surprise me if they did again here to fill more time.

Can't get much worse than starting the week out with a game mode.

Kittah4

Smash Ace
Seriously?

The drought may not be ending as soon as I thought if they can seriously drag more than one update out of every single game mode. This is nothing more than a repeat of what we got three weeks ago, with the addition of co-op play, which could have easily be mentioned in the first update.

At least we can hope they won't waste our time with an update around co-op Targets or Coin Mode, though after they updated Meta Knight's moves twice, it wouldn't surprise me if they did again here to fill more time.

Well, it did confirm Coin Mode for the first time.

Which will make the inevitable coin mode update even more upsetting.

But I agree, the orange updates need to stop and the drought needs to end. October 28th feels like forever ago. I think that was DDD's day anyway.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Seriously?

Well, they haven't updated us on recording yet, so I'm hoping they don't. *Think I mighta jinxed it*

courte

Smash Lord
**** that thread is closed

i personally think waliuigi would have played like a vicious street fighting kickboxer... and that's just my opinion--he'd be the bryan fury of smash lol

man you guys are really reading way too deep into this dark samus thing for me to even fathom...

and lastly even who is saying stafy sucks... yes he is weak, and yes he can be attacked, but perhaps had anyone thought "hmm in the history of checks and balances

weak = no startup lag and high priority?? just a guess

Boofer

Smash Ace
Well, now there are dollar bills in Coin Mode. I hardly think it can be considered just simply Coin Mode anymore.

C.R.E.A.M. Mode, anyone?

Dolla dolla bill, ya'll.
LOL! I wonder how many people here will know the reference.

linkrulezz

Smash Cadet
i think tommorow will come a new character (i hope so )
or somebodys FS
i hope there wil be a good update on cristmas

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
This updat wasn't bad,but could have been better. I'm thinking an item tonight. I don't know when we're getting a character update though.

IShotLazer

Smash Journeyman
Im pretty sure updates arent going to be very different from now on other than options.
After Dec. 3rd why would they have plans to release any information?
THe project as a whole was pointed out to have the game out DEc 3rd.
Now everything is pretty much filler and giving out anything eles would go against their original plans, if they gave out other information being the schemist that we are, we would figure too much out before the game was released. So the most they are going to do probably is release optional info, no more characters.
T_T o well

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
Im pretty sure updates arent going to be very different from now on other than options.
Now everything is pretty much filler and giving out anything eles would go against their original plans, if they gave out other information being the schemist that we are, we would figure too much out before the game was released. So the most they are going to do probably is release optional info, no more characters.
T_T o well

yeah I think thats all the characters will be getting with maybe the exception of one new comer to feel in the emty spot and my geuss is they will wait intill Jan. to realease that.

Kittah4

Smash Ace
T_T o well
My opinion is that the updates created by the delay are currently being shown. Also, I feel they're less than stellar due to Nintendo's direction!

Yes! My latest crackpot theory is that NINTENDO THEMSELVES is to blame for the updates, because it is the holiday season, and given SSBB will not be available DURING it, why drum up hype during the holiday season?

Nintendo: SILENCE THE CHARACTER REVELATIONS! GALAXY MUST DOMINATE THIS DECEMBER!

Sakurai: YOU MUST RECOVER!

If updates start getting fantastic in January then my suspicions will have been confirmed. However, it could also be a coincidence since the Japanese release date will be approaching.

Top Bottom