• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

AIM0001

Smash Lord
Not the worst update in the world. Just ok. Didn't exspect Gray Fox to appear in Brawl in any shape or form. Hell for a second I thought he was a new character update. His design had more detail compared to all the other AT's because a lot were just 2D or retro's but let's hope for that Falcon or Ganon confirmation tomorrow.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
That's hilarious how he basically throws it in peoples' faces that Gray Fox won't be playable.

Tyrael64

Smash Journeyman
That's hilarious how he basically throws it in peoples' faces that Gray Fox won't be playable.
More like sadistic. If there was ANY other Metal Gear character I would have expected to be playable, it would be Gray Fox.

But NOOOOO, Sakurai just wants to tease us. :mad:

DaW00t

Smash Rookie
As being a MGS1 fan I love seeing Gray Fox. Years ago I played MGS1 time and time again although I did not own it. Years later I got twin snakes and my memory proved that I knew this game quite well.

Point of this all. Gray fox = Awesome. always has been always will be. He's a cybernetic ninja, who wouldnt love one of those.

Space_Pirate_Fox_McCloud

Smash Apprentice
I'm actually pleased with today's update. I'm glad to see that there will be Third Party assist trophies, it opens even more possibilities to who we might come across (I'd like to see Tails and/or Knuckles make it as assists from Sonic, and if Megaman's the other Third Party character, it'd be cool to summon in Protoman).

DaW00t

Smash Rookie
But lets not think about Gray fox right now. What about future 3rd party assist trophies and dont forget the most important thing of all. Sakurai has showed us how to shield AND grab

Vortok

Smash Journeyman
Yes... yes it is.

Oh look, Sakurai threw in a fairly obvious update (that needed to be done anyways, for the true newbies out there) so that he wouldn't use an entire day on it. And, he gives us what is prolly one of the coolest Assist Trophies.

And all 90% of you can do is whiiiiiiinnee like a 4 year old that got his lollipop taken away. Starting to see why so many older members avoid the Brawl forums currently.

ruffrydr017

Smash Apprentice
Now that all those lame updates are out of the way, time to bring the awesome!

I don't think there can be any more disappointing updates, but I'll probably be proven wrong sometime down the road (Previous Items 2!!). Even updates of things we already know about, like Ike and Zamus's Final Smashes will be welcome.

Tanvis

Smash Cadet
Wait a second...am I crazy? or just slow...are the updates coming an hour earlier because of Daylight Saving's?

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Now that all those lame updates are out of the way, time to bring the awesome!

I don't think there can be any more disappointing updates, but I'll probably be proven wrong sometime down the road (Previous Items 2!!). Even updates of things we already know about, like Ike and Zamus's Final Smashes will be welcome.
We have Crawling, Taunting, Aerial Dodging, Aerial Attacks, and a lot of returning characters' special move updates.

Albiel

Smash Apprentice
You know what we should get? A Psycho Mantis AT.

Frantically changing controller ports in mid-battle FTW.

SurooshX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SurooshX
^you is right^

Masahiro Sakurai why do you do this to me?!
I wanted Gray Fox as a playable character...*sigh* o well....
It's still awesome that he's at least in the game. That makes me happy.

TheMastermind

Smash Ace
Now with this whole 3rd party assist Trophy idea.
This gives hope to Geno. For a second there I thought we wouldnt see him.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
THe only reason they have Gray Fox as an AT is because Solid Snake is a character, we probably will see the same thing for Tails and/or Knuckles.

THe only way Geno is ending up as an AT is IF Mallow gets in over him

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Snake got back butt!
Fixed! :)

Nice butt Snake *spanks*

love,
Zero Negative Suit Samus

:laugh:

Geno a AT...that was the funniest joke ever. What next...MEGAMAN as a AT! :laugh: Wait...you weren't joking...dumb a**! XD

And woaw, people actaully post on this thread! XD Who would have guessed. :dizzy:

Senor_Sega

Smash Cadet
The last paragraph of the Grey Fox update REEKS of mystery. Don't ask me why. It just does.

BTW, was the update early tonight. It was up at 11:55 when I checked.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
THe only reason they have Gray Fox as an AT is because Solid Snake is a character, we probably will see the same thing for Tails and/or Knuckles.

THe only way Geno is ending up as an AT is IF Mallow gets in over him

Okay Okay as much as I support team Geno and as we all know Mastermind is the biggest anti-Geno dabater I ever seen. We probably shouldn't turn this into a Geno thread debate, but I think Mallow's chances for an AT just got a whole lot better.;)

Same for if Mega Man gets in the roster we can possibly have someone like Zero being an assist trophy. Same for Tails. He can be a good AT. Besides Knuckles is there any other 3rd party AT that are important that I didn't name. :confused:

MR.WIGZ

Smash Ace
im thinking of not even looking at the updates anymore....after the e for all demo they just seem too...bleh...

tomorows update

sakurais reaction to 2 girls 1 Cup

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
The update kind aof ot me thinking that Geno and Mallow could be AT, making me sad that Geno might not be a PC :( Hopefully they just amek Geno a PC and Mallow a AT with his froggie stick.

Star105

Smash Journeyman
interesting update

well tomorrow i predict

stage Mario circuit

music mario themed (we havn't got any of this yet)

or Game mode

though it could be a AT

I predict the Advance Wars Assist Trophy will be revealed tomorrow, or maybe a new character...Lucario maybe? :D

...Yeah, maybe not. But it'd be awesome no less if he was revealed tomorrow...or Mewtwo

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
CFalcon tomorrow.
I'm standing strong. If I predict him every day, I'm bound to be right at some point! ;P

Anyway, I don't see why people are getting worked up over Luigi. He's going to be in, and he's most likely a secret character as usual. Don't be concerned asto whether he'll be back or not because... he will be.

peach-man

Smash Journeyman
The sweet, sweet land of sweet, sweet, chocolate,
Well, if you keep guessing him, no doubt you'll guess his update, duh.
However, that may take VERY long to happen, so it's not really worth it, really.
Make some points with patience.
Make way more points with "being dum" as some call it.

ironicly, the "dum" ones are actually smarter, cuz "the smart ones" just have a tactic to score 2 points at most...

Top Bottom