• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Oklahoma Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
Vegafuse,

so no smash on sunday in mooore? im actually off monday so ****, maybe we can get together @ park's or even my place. let me know what u up to today.

also this invitation is also open to others that like to play:
smash, 3rd strike, mvc2, GG AC, and checkers

i'm located s.okc/moore

405-640-9065

-also, i work in Duncan, I know what Ninnekah is! it makes me think of a bad word tho.
Mutha F'n Chibi! I just woke up too :laugh: ****, I don't think I'll be going anywhere today man, I gotta be back early tonight so that'll just leave me with like 2 hours of gaming :( Though, I'm guessing if Brandon was off today he would be down (heck, he'd already be there, lol). Anyways, whenever you're back in town, be sure to hit us up.

Shanx

Smash Journeyman
too young i grew up with sonic and tmnt but sonic more

and sonic and knuckles were just fighting never rivles
it should be a point to know hot to spell rival before you try to identify one.

The sonic and TMNT you grew up with didn't compare to a shadow of the sonic and TMNT we grew up with.

3 tmnt movies, tv show

sonic (the disney version AND sonic underground)

X men (**** right)

Spider man (and Spider Man Unlimited)

3 separate batman cartoons

A lot of stuff on boomerang too.

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
dude idk bout u guys but i was a pretty big fan of batman beyond. that one season stint on CN was pretty awesome. as for TMNT i personally liekd the 2nd movie the best. and my fav. sonic char. ever was always knucks

King_Gt

Smash Journeyman
knuckles was sonic's rival in:

the television show (Sonic Underground)
the comic book (until knuckles got HIS OWN **** COMIC BOOK WHICH SHADOW WILL NEVER HAVE...plus, i own a copy)
sonic 3D
sonic the Hedgehog 3
Sonic and Knuckles
Knuckles Chaotix
Sonic Adventure (1st one...dreamcast FTW)
Sonic the movie

also, he's an echidna, not ANOTHER hedgehog. i mean, SRSLY, VARIETY plz??? amy, cream, that alligator and everyone else is another animal, wassup with shadow? what a poser. plus, hasn't an evil hedgehog already been done before? anyone remember sonic R? there was metal sonic.

not to mention knuckles GUARDS the master emerald. that's even more badass than sonic himself.

so there, i'm pretty sure that arguement is closed. i grew up on sonic and megaman, many of us did...guess wut? is too young. he's also too ******** anyway >.>
OBJECTION!
argument NOT closed

Sonic Underground: Yeah

the comic book (until knuckles got HIS OWN **** COMIC BOOK): Until knux stopped being badass

sonic 3D:The only time knux really appeared in this game was when you had 50 rings and you found him in the stage

sonic the Hedgehog 3: Rival but more of an enemy

Sonic and Knuckles: Duh

Knuckles Chaotix: The Game??? Sonic wasn't even in the GAME for the sega 32x

Sonic Adventure (1st one...dreamcast FTW): Not really, the ONE fight between Sonic and knux was because knux thought sonic had the master emerald

Sonic the movie: ARE YOU SERIOUS? Knuckles was a complete team player, badass hat though...

From what you said, I could call Tails a rival of sonic
:p

... uhh wavedash

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
umm...GT....ur in the same boat as huh? stfu b lol seriously though u cant vote against knuckles b/c he was jsut bad***in general. he was red and wat could technically be classified as dreads u couldnt go against it. he justlooked cool. plusthe fact that he was faster than sonic...

King_Gt

Smash Journeyman
he was jsut bad***in general
plusthe fact that he was faster than sonic...
THAT'S THE PROBLEM
He WAS badass, he has lost his coolness...
And are you on crack, knuckles wasn't faster than sonic.

And batman beyond was awesome, but I watched when it was on kids WB
BEFORE it was on cartoon network

3 tmnt movies, 2 tv shows

4 sonic shows, 1 movie

X men (**** right)

Spider man (and Spider Man Unlimited)

3 separate batman cartoons

A lot of stuff on boomerang too.

Especially Pink Panther *****es

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Code:
ri·val      [rahy-vuhl]  noun, adjective, verb, -valed, -val·ing or (especially British) -valled, -val·ling.
–noun
1.	a person who is competing for the same object or goal as another, or who tries to equal or outdo another; competitor.
2.	a person or thing that is in a position to dispute another's preeminence or superiority: a stadium without a rival.
3.	Obsolete. a companion in duty.
Have fun with that.

I won't chip to your little debate because a) I was raised on Mario and Mega Man and b) I don't remember the storylines of the Sonic games that I have played.

I will, however, say that I find Knuckles to be cooler than Shadow because a) Knuckles is red and b) Shadow strikes me as a new-age emo *** with grandiose delusions. However, that's solely my observational opinion, so don't flame me for it or I'll have to c) Ken combo you.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Shadow the Hedgehog? Ewww.... Don't even get me started on that lame-*** wannabe and the bad Dragon Ball Z inspired fanfiction that is the current storyline of Sonic the Hedgehog. Back in my day, there was ONLY Sonic; no Tails(cool), Knuckles(cooler), or Metal Sonic(the coolest).
That was when Sonic was still badass. Alas, now its been reduced to ****...

Now, with that out of the way, I just wanted to say that Transformers was cool. There were some things I wish they did better, such as not zooming in so close during the fight scenes and a little less focus on the humans, but all in all I'd give it a B+. A good first effort, but not living up to its full potential. It's still by far the best 'blockbuster' of the summer.

YOU GOT THE TOUCH! YOU GOT THE POWER! YEAH!

Gravity

Smash Ace
well, on that note, HOLY ****ING ****!?!?

STANDARD ****ING COMBOS!

also, metaknight=noob character

Crackboom

Smash Apprentice
I'm wanting Waluigi, but I'm not so sure anymore after seeing how flamboyant nintendo made him in Mario Party 8. He was Luigi-fied it looks like.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
I'm wanting Waluigi, but I'm not so sure anymore after seeing how flamboyant nintendo made him in Mario Party 8. He was Luigi-fied it looks like.
Meh, Mario Party has always been rather flamboyant in general. For instance, if you compare the Mario Party Mario with the Brawl Mario, I'm sure you won't find many non-inherent similarities. And remember, a character in a fighting game is going to have a different air than the same character in a flamboyant party game.

I think that Paper Luigi is the coolest Luigi.

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
i personally like SM3 luigi the best...gotta love the raccoon tail...
btw huh? i dont see u huntin any ghosts....so i guess that makes you the pansy instead eh?

raccoon tails FTW

Crackboom

Smash Apprentice
Mr. Wright, huh? I forsee lots of third party developer goodness in Brawl. I wonder if all of these other companies are wanting to be in Brawl, like Kojima for Snake, or if Brawl is wanting them....

plasman

Smash Apprentice
I just hope they don't abuse the Assist Trophies as an excuse for including a highly-requested character just for the sake of saying "We included (insert name)!"

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
I just hope they don't abuse the Assist Trophies as an excuse for including a highly-requested character just for the sake of saying "We included (insert name)!"
Meh, I think that assist trophies will be for the better, not for the worse. Especially with characters that it'd be inpractical to make playable characters out of.

Gravity

Smash Ace
i dont think ill be getting a wii...unless i get one for my birthday. all my money is saving for something far more important. looks like ill miss out on brawl :(. unless i magically come upon more money somehow.

Shanx

Smash Journeyman
Wow, at least paemon had good news this time.

I've been watching E3 every now and again, but i can't stand the douchebags that G4 hires to host their shows.

keroku_the_thunderwolf

Smash Apprentice
Man I now I can't wait for December 3rd to roll around!!!

I've been watching all the E3 stuff and Holy Crap does the gaming future look kick ***.

Killzone 2 and Call of Duty 4 ftw!

Bumper for brawl.

Crackboom

Smash Apprentice
That new video on smashbros.com made me feel like i was riding a roller coaster. im so excited!

and to comment on other smashbros.com updates
looks like DK's new dash attack to me

i wish they used the DK from Donkey Kong Jungle Beat though

This DK version is a little shorter and stockier with some tank barrel arms, he's like a loaded spring. His face and motions are also a bit more comical and expressive.
Great game btw, i recommend it to everyone.

Gravity

Smash Ace
in that video clip it shows samus doing a fair...but instead of flames its dark balls of some sort.

this leads me to believe that she will be able to change beams which will change the effect of moves that currently use fire (dtilt, usmash, fair) as well as her projectiles, or possibly its just decided by character color.

or maybe im totally wrong. we will see.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
the video makes the gameplay a lot smoother than i thought it would be from the photos...my hopes for this game have returned.

well...6:34, off to work soon >.>
somebody please kill me.

Shanx

Smash Journeyman
That sucks Alex. Luckily, i don't have a job. On the down side, i'm also broke.

keroku_the_thunderwolf

Smash Apprentice
Also games like Heavenly Sword, Assassin's Creed(is that spelled right?),Rachet & Clank, Uncharted, Medal of Honor Airborne and so much more!

Plus that Home thing for PS3 looks awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom