• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Niagara Thread - PR Update 07/14/2013

2kool2kare

Smash Apprentice
Lolz my bad man i was in a hurry i didnt say goodbye to alot of ppl

Can wait till i get back to fox

cptjiggles69

Smash Journeyman
So you guys can all go Friday I don't care but bring your own Cubes and Melees cause my 2 won't be there anymore. Theres no real reason for me to play friendlies here when I can start getting accustomed to Toronto's skill level and go there on a bi weekly basis. If it changes from Sunday then I'll come but meh :p Both scenes survive this way and I get mad good practice.
fair enough, the skill level there is top notch. Any chance some of us can come out to toronto to practice and play every once in a while? I really love this game and would love to better myself. Or even still play friendlies with you ?

2kool2kare

Smash Apprentice
i wish niko comes back for friendlies i learned soo much from him, great player and extremely knowledgeable

Niko_K

Smash Master
Warchamp why would you edit your post accusing me of stealing your SD card at a tournament that I ran? I would never steal from the community and it's really sad that you need to blindly accuse me of something so low. I'm not giving you $20 because you were irresponsible at a 125+ man tournament and lost an SD card. I don't steal from people who I cherish and want to be a part of our community. You never even once mentioned to me that you feel I stole something from you and now you just post it online as if its the cold hard truth.

Furthermore if Brad admitted he doesn't have the time to run the community, change tournaments back to Saturdays and allow me to play an administrative role regarding our community I'd be back at The Trove for sure. Though as long as Brad continues to be power hungry and making detrimental decisions such as changing to Sunday I won't be around. It doesn't make sense for him to hold onto a leading role when he is barely available. If I were running things they would still be held on Saturdays which is the BEST day for out of towners and locals, and that would create a demand for friendly play on Fridays to practice for said tournament. Sunday tournaments clearly aren't a good idea because 90% of our community didn't show up and thus the backend for friendlies is closed.

If you guys wanna come play friendlies with me you guys can come to my house. Either that or perhaps come to the same conclusion as myself and convince Brad that he really doesn't have the time needed that I have to dedicate towards the community as a whole.

2kool2kare

Smash Apprentice
instead of attacking each other how about we try to work together i think we should let niko run things for a month or so and see how things turn out

hes obviously very devoted and pretty much started this entire scene the least we can do is give him a chance

RockinRudy

Smash Journeyman
Warchamp why would you edit your post accusing me of stealing your SD card at a tournament that I ran? I would never steal from the community and it's really sad that you need to blindly accuse me of something so low. I'm not giving you $20 because you were irresponsible at a 125+ man tournament and lost an SD card. I don't steal from people who I cherish and want to be a part of our community. You never even once mentioned to me that you feel I stole something from you and now you just post it online as if its the cold hard truth.

Furthermore if Brad admitted he doesn't have the time to run the community, change tournaments back to Saturdays and allow me to play an administrative role regarding our community I'd be back at The Trove for sure. Though as long as Brad continues to be power hungry and making detrimental decisions such as changing to Sunday I won't be around. It doesn't make sense for him to hold onto a leading role when he is barely available. If I were running things they would still be held on Saturdays which is the BEST day for out of towners and locals, and that would create a demand for friendly play on Fridays to practice for said tournament. Sunday tournaments clearly aren't a good idea because 90% of our community didn't show up and thus the backend for friendlies is closed.

If you guys wanna come play friendlies with me you guys can come to my house. Either that or perhaps come to the same conclusion as myself and convince Brad that he really doesn't have the time needed that I have to dedicate towards the community as a whole.
mmmmk, did you change your cell number.... I messaged you a few days ago with no reply :p.

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
First: I didn't edit my posts at all from what they were when I originally posted them. I'm not sure where you got that idea at all. You just simply ignored them.

Second: Your memory is ****ing ****. Let me refresh it.

One of your tournaments, I had an SD card, I accidentally forgot it in AvariceX's Wii after saving an awesome replay. I messaged him after that tournament, he had it and was going to be attending an upcoming tournament in Toronto. I wasn't going to be able to make it to that, and you were, so I asked you to get it from him. You did.

Next tournament you ran, I asked you for it, and you said you forgot it at home, and would go get it when you had a chance. I asked four to five times throughout the night, and you never did.

Next tournament you ran, I asked you for it, and you said you "lost" it. Given your sketchy nature at the time, I made some assumptions.

I did not lose my SD card. I forgot it, and one of the more upstanding members of this community was happy to give it back. You, on the other hand, were a ****ty middleman for that, regardless of the actual events that transpired.

2kool2kare

Smash Apprentice
if anyone has a kit to take a gamecube controller apart can they please try and bring it this Friday it would be much appreciated

Niko_K

Smash Master
Before being forced to reply to more negative content I hope everyone has taken note that I'm answering everyone in a civilized manner with intention of moving into discussion about SMASH BROS HERE IN NIAGARA.

You're not refreshing any memory Taylor you need to stop attempting to belittle the quality of my discussion through using marijuana stigmatization as the cause of all these flaws you seem to want to make apparent. Would you talk to me like this in person? If so I'd break your jaw.

Warchamp do you like to argue with me? If you knew the nature of what was happening in my house at the moment which is rather personal and I'd rather not share you would know that my brother was more than likely responsible for the loss of your SD card. Clearly as you mentioned you asked me to look for your SD card whm jile I was running 120+ person tournaments so in those high pressure atmospheres I could care less how man,y times you asked I had more important things to do like make sure we got out of the venue on time. I went and looked at my house and couldn't find it and came back to run the tournament. Now you're being horribly aggressive, indirectly stating I'm not a stand up member of the community (seriously, lol), flinging insults about my memory, being sketchy and being a ****ty middleman, then proceeding to demanding $20 from someone who you aren't even going to see anymore unless it's a Saturday tournament.

All stemming from an event 5 years old. We even spent several hours together at The Trove and shared laughs during your first visit. Did you just remember now?

You're just bringing this up because you think the situation is a lot more negative than it really is and you want to make it really clear that I'm a horrible person yadda yadda. I don't want to respond to this flaming anymore and it'd be real mature of you to have PM'd me over such a ridiculous issue as opposed to clutter our local thread with even more nonsense.

If anyone has problems take it to PM's or mods will be taking care of the situation in no problem. I never have personally attacked anyone nor directly flame our own community members in a thread which is here to promote Niagara and its events. Something that barely anyone seems to be conscious of how to achieve this perception from other communities.

Also Ryan my phone is actually non existent I dropped it in the toilet and it is dead. When I have a new one you will know.

Furthermore, don't get into the habit of watching friendly videos too much and try to use tournament media to gauge what you need to improve on.

Ive been waiting for Brad to tell me the next tournament date to put it into the schedule here but haven't heard anything from him. Since Brad is in charge he should be keeping in contact with me regarding the schedule. Furthermore he should be contacting out of towners who have visited to come as well weeks ahead of when the event is scheduled. Also Brad you should be personally contacting every community member and asking on Fridays if they're coming, and when you know the tournament dates to also contact everyone individually and inform them of the date and ask if they're coming. Proceed to inform me so I can make the necessary changes to the original post.

This is what I've been doing but it's Brads job now.

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
I'm answering everyone in a civilized manner
Good, as you should considering the position you're in. Only way to have a leg to stand on.

Would you talk to me like this in person? If so I'd break your jaw.
Well so much for that.

Clearly as you mentioned you asked me to look for your SD card whm jile I was running 120+ person tournaments so in those high pressure atmospheres I could care less how man,y times you asked I had more important things to do like make sure we got out of the venue on time.
Then don't say you'll go get it if you're not going to be able to.

I went and looked at my house and couldn't find it and came back to run the tournament. Now you're being horribly aggressive, indirectly stating I'm not a stand up member of the community (seriously, lol), flinging insults about my memory, being sketchy and being a ****ty middleman, then proceeding to demanding $20 from someone who you aren't even going to see anymore unless it's a Saturday tournament.
You've straight up called Niagara terrible, it doesn't matter if it's a fact you're better than everyone, you don't just come out and state it so bluntly. As well, now that things don't work out flawlessly for your schedule, you're practically abandoning the area and threatening to just attend Toronto. This scene is on the verge of falling apart a second time because of you.

All stemming from an event 5 years old. We even spent several hours together at The Trove and shared laughs during your first visit. Did you just remember now?

I'm a good actor. I'm also not gonna return to the local smash scene and start ****, that'd be destructive and counter-productive. I brought it up now because you've been rude to a lot of people here and it rubbed me the wrong way.

There's a reason I dislike both you, and Tin Man as the 'lead' members of areas. It's a conflict of interest to have the best player in a region being the one trying to grow the scene there, because the only thing that goes through the back of my head is that person wanting larger pots. You can deny that it's any motivation, but it's still a fact. Now all of a sudden you're not in charge of things and you don't seem to really care anymore. Funny how that works. This is just what goes on in my head.

It's the first thought I had at my first tourney (OiN), it's the first thought I had at my first Showdown in Downtown, and it's the first thought I had when I saw you return to grow Niagara again.

Fact of all of this is, you lost my SD card, plain and simple. It happened, doesn't matter how. 5 years ago I was too much of a coward to demand you pay me for it, and now I'm not. If I wasn't busy weekends the last 6 weeks, I would certainly have come out to a friendly or tournament in person and asked. I admit I doubt I would have been as aggressive as I was here, but thus is the power of the internet. You disappeared for a while, now you're back, and now in this ****storm with the scene falling apart again I've remembered why I didn't like you, so I'd like all the loose ends tied off nice and pretty.

RockinRudy

Smash Journeyman
Warchamp7 said:
There's a reason I dislike both you, and Tin Man as the 'lead' members of areas. It's a conflict of interest to have the best player in a region being the one trying to grow the scene there, because the only thing that goes through the back of my head is that person wanting larger pots. You can deny that it's any motivation, but it's still a fact. Now all of a sudden you're not in charge of things and you don't seem to really care anymore. Funny how that works. This is just what goes on in my head.
I have been thinking for awhile many months ago. Not about Niko but better players wanting lower skill level players to come out to get "better" a larger pot for third, second and first place. I have also read on a thread on the melee boards about this.

KC18

Smash Journeyman
Hey everyone. sorry i havent posted in a while, i should have been more responsible and communicated better. I am sad to see lots of negative drama impact our scene here. I am finished with smash, recent changes with my work have made things quite difficult for me to book time off as per my collective agreement at both of the facilities i work at. not to mention i really need the money and hours anyhow. I still love smash, and i am up for friendlies still if others are interested. It was fun while it lasted, just as the brawl scene was all those years ago now. I truly enjoyed everyones company at these tournaments, and i hope for those of you still looking to improve find great success.

I also hope any issues people are having with eachother can be resolved in an appropriate manner. I am not going to put in my 2 cents nor try to mediate anything, because it wont help i feel.

my cell number is 289-696-5520. let me know if u wanna chill/smash.

Niko_K

Smash Master
Warchamp I don't get why you replied here you just want to make a huge spectacle. You lost your own things stop blaming it on me. And lol seriously me running tournaments to make money? In the six years I've been playing I've never won pots twice in a row let alone pots from a larger tournament, you just aren't on our level and have to target everyone whos good (TinMan honestly?) as out for your money. I'm not replying to you anymore and I'm not in any negative position so I don't get why you're trying to paint me like some horrible person.

The scene isn't falling apart at all you guys are all hyper emotive....just go on Fridays and pressure Brad to actually post here and do his job as Mr.Leader. I don't know if you realized yet Warchamp but I'm not the person running the show here, that's Brad. Also are you seriously trying to say that the scene died during the Brawl days because of me?! I magically had the power to stop everyone from playing right? Actually I just quit Brawl and no one else continued to make the efforts that I did to get things going and sustained in the first place. Considering it's you guys are the players who comprise the scene I don't get why you guys aren't working together to make something happen instead of try and blame someone for whatever problem you guys think there is lol.

It isn't about things not working flawlessly for my schedule, it didn't work for any locals at all because our transit system stops at 7:30pm on Sundays.

Also threatening to attend Toronto tournaments? I am, and friendlies too. Going to Toryuken this weekend which is for EVO points and I got my passport photos ready so I can go there too. I told people if they wanna arrange to play friendlies with me to PM me so I'm not "abandoning" the community. I'll just only show up for tournaments provided Brad runs them on Saturday. They're a lot more mature there in Toronto and I can improve my game at a much faster rate without worrying about social issues from people.

Don't worry I won't be at friendlies Warchamp you can go and not have to worry as much about learning more about the game to get better and can just enjoy the game.

Don't worry about it KC!

2kool2kare

Smash Apprentice
I just wana give some quick advice, to anyone wanting to improve try to stick to ine character, iv noticed a tendency in most people that they start to switch characters when they lose instead try to stick with it and learn from your mistakes

Also always ask questions regarding certain matchups or your character in general

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
Warchamp I don't get why you replied here you just want to make a huge spectacle. You lost your own things stop blaming it on me. And lol seriously me running tournaments to make money?
LOL WHAT? I lost it? You straight up admitted to having it in your last post, and I never got it from you. Backpedal some more brah.

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
Can't make it today, having a birthday party. Can't make it next week, running Anime North.

RockinRudy

Smash Journeyman
Il see him friday but i kinda wana sell it
Worth 150 bucks now. You literally have to trade or get rid of it if your not going to run E - dragons. Evan isn't buying it. But he is willing to trade you a whole bunch of stuff for it.

2kool2kare

Smash Apprentice
i am selling it for 150 if anyone is interested

marth is soo gay i need some tips on that matchup lmaoo

RockinRudy

Smash Journeyman
i am selling it for 150 if anyone is interested

marth is soo gay i need some tips on that matchup lmaoo
Ebay it now hard to sell here. If you don't want to I can do it for you for like 10 bucks of the earnings or something :p. I'l ship it and take care of everything.

Marth is all reads. Don't get caught. Ken is a perfect example of this.

cptjiggles69

Smash Journeyman
basically i feel marth you have to play patiently against him, instead of charging in wait for your chance or if you know what moves can clash . And woooo smash bros and to kc i would not mind chilling and smashing haha keeping the ganon strong still!

2kool2kare

Smash Apprentice
i still feel fox wins that matchup but im very impatient and end up getting comboed to death lolz

RockinRudy

Smash Journeyman
basically i feel marth you have to play patiently against him, instead of charging in wait for your chance or if you know what moves can clash . And woooo smash bros and to kc i would not mind chilling and smashing haha keeping the ganon strong still!

Wiggins could you give me Evans Number? I need to know if he's still willing to let me borrow his 2-3 Cardcars for June 1st. Also do you have any rainbow lifes? I need 3 2 and 3 Kuriphotons. I am willing to buy those if you have them.​

Top Bottom