• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!

My source was told that Mega Man is not in.

I have nothing to gain by advocating for my source mere days before the release if I didn't believe him and know the facts that not only does he live in the same country as Nintendo, but the same city as well.

Noah Evangale

Smash Rookie
I'm thinking, that if Megaman doesn't make the roster by the time the game is released, maybe Nintendo will continue to develop new content downloadable through Wi-Fi/LAN Connection. Maybe if by high demand (which he is) Megaman will be among the new content in the works or as a future release that can be downloaded. Kind of like in Mega Man Powered Up where you had to download Roll to obtain her.

More or less back on the subject, imagine adding the ideas and parts from his games into the Level Designer Mode. Imagine placing Vanish Blocks, Conveyer Belts, Instant Death Lasers (Quickman's level), Compressors (from Metalman's Stage) into you own levels? Not to mention all the sweet remixed tracks from various Megaman games. Metal Man, Flash Man, Wood Man, Crash Man and Wily Stage 1 would be definite yeses in my book. They would make great Smash tunes to say the least.

All in all, Mega Man is just to good a character to pass up for Brawl, for more reasons then just to have him with his own set of moves, fighting against other video games stars like Sonic and Mario like the video game icon that he is. His revelation would also innovate new elements to the game play, making Brawl an even bigger game then it already is.

I personally couldn't care less if X or Zero gets in. That's not to say I dislike them, heck, I love the X Series. But I think Classic Mega Man should be the top candidate. If Megaman.EXE or Star Force or whatever gets in in-place of the Classic, I will be very disappointed and, even in disarray. Of course, many people have suggested that the alternate forms of Megaman should be additional skins for Megaman. However, In doing, you also have to take the voices into consideration. I wouldn't want X sounding like the kiddy, childish Megaman we all know and love.

Cole Howard (voiced Mega Man in Powered Up) should be the voice of Classic Mega Man. Mark Gatha (Voiced Megaman X in Maverick Hunter X, Command Mission and X8) should stay the voice of X, as he does a perfect job of it. For Megaman Trigger, he needs a teenagery voice. Same goes for Megaman. EXE and Star Force Megaman, though not the super deep voice of Andrew Francis they used in NT Warrior. You know though, Maybe Cole Howard wouldn't sound too bad for them at all.

Noah Evangale

Smash Rookie
I'm thinking, that if Megaman doesn't make the roster by the time the game is released, maybe Nintendo will continue to develop new content downloadable through Wi-Fi/LAN Connection. Maybe if by high demand (which he is) Megaman will be among the new content in the works or as a future release that can be downloaded. Kind of like in Mega Man Powered Up where you had to download Roll to obtain her.

More or less back on the subject, imagine adding the ideas and parts from his games into the Level Designer Mode. Imagine placing Vanish Blocks, Conveyer Belts, Instant Death Lasers (Quickman's level), Compressors (from Metalman's Stage) into you own levels? Not to mention all the sweet remixed tracks from various Megaman games. Metal Man, Flash Man, Wood Man, Crash Man and Wily Stage 1 would be definite yeses in my book. They would make great Smash tunes to say the least.

All in all, Mega Man is just to good a character to pass up for Brawl, for more reasons then just to have him with his own set of moves, fighting against other video games stars like Sonic and Mario like the video game icon that he is. His revelation would also innovate new elements to the game play, making Brawl an even bigger game then it already is.

I personally couldn't care less if X or Zero gets in. That's not to say I dislike them, heck, I love the X Series. But I think Classic Mega Man should be the top candidate. If Megaman.EXE or Star Force or whatever gets in in-place of the Classic, I will be very disappointed and, even in disarray. Of course, many people have suggested that the alternate forms of Megaman should be additional skins for Megaman. However, In doing, you also have to take the voices into consideration. I wouldn't want X sounding like the kiddy, childish Megaman we all know and love.

Cole Howard (voiced Mega Man in Powered Up) should be the voice of Classic Mega Man. Mark Gatha (Voiced Megaman X in Maverick Hunter X, Command Mission and X8) should stay the voice of X, as he does a perfect job of it. For Megaman Trigger, he needs a teenagery voice. Same goes for Megaman. EXE and Star Force Megaman, though not the super deep voice of Andrew Francis they used in NT Warrior. You know though, Maybe Cole Howard wouldn't sound too bad for them at all.

Noah Evangale

Smash Rookie

Noah Evangale

Smash Rookie

tirkaro

Smash Champion
it is a possibility, especially since guitar hero 3 is doing it, but I wouldn't get my hopes to incredibly high for it. unless brawl is actually going to have that super-crappy 35 char roster. then downloadable characters are basically a requirment.

yeah, the stage builder in SSBB seems almost made for megaman stages, doesn't it? It already has the spike pits of doom as a hazard. all we need are those dissapearing blocks and the gutsman platforms, and we offically have the most annoying stage in the universe XD.

yeah. It would surprise me greatly if megaman wasn't put in, especially since sonic was(being that he isn't too well-liked in japan nowadays......)

I personally don't like Cole Howard's megaman voice. Megaman sounds too old :/. I personally think he should be voiced by a female, like in MM8, but less.......bad.

and HOLYBALLSONASTICKBATMANYOUJUSTQUADRUPLEPOSTED:O

DrNAshtear

Smash Cadet
QUAD POST

It's perfectly fine to trust your friends. However, by coming into a thread and saying that everyone is wrong, so says your buddy, and that everyone better apologize to him through you, you're looking for a fight. An internet fight, which would be stupid and pointless on everyone's part, but a fight nonetheless.

Seriously, Link Snitch. Just wait a few days. Then, if Megaman is really not in it, even I will apologize to your source, and I haven't said anything bad about him or you yet. Does that sound good to you?

Noah Evangale

Smash Rookie
and HOLYBALLSONASTICKBATMANYOUJUSTQUADRUPLEPOSTED:O
LOL, yeah I know. Didn't mean to. This Website isn't too good at loading, and refreshing POSTDATA doesn't help anymore. I can't seem to delete them. Funny, I saw that function a second ago...I will delete just as soon as I find the way. :)

DrNAshtear

Smash Cadet
That sounds fine. Just reminding everyone.
Then we've reached an accord. Nothing personal, of course. I just refuse to believe any claimed information that hasn't officially been released yet, and that includes any source that says anything about Megaman.

Honestly, I want him to be in, but admit that there is a good chance that he won't be. I will say that there is a good chance, however, based on how certain evidence is examined. If I'm not paying any attention to "leaks," then you can't begrudge me that opinion, wouldn't you agree?

tirkaro

Smash Champion
Then we've reached an accord. Nothing personal, of course. I just refuse to believe any claimed information that hasn't officially been released yet, and that includes any source that says anything about Megaman.

Honestly, I want him to be in, but admit that there is a good chance that he won't be. I will say that there is a good chance, however, based on how certain evidence is examined. If I'm not paying any attention to "leaks," then you can't begrudge me that opinion, wouldn't you agree?
there are still some leaks that support megaman's inclusion, such as rapscouter. We shouldn't give up hope yet. It's not like these leakers can know the entire roster, especially since nintendo would obviously be super-secretive of this stuff.

MM4/is brawl!

also......
:bee:
^WTF is this thing supposed to be!!!??

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
*Walks into the barren thread as the wind blows*

Well, now that the server is better, I guess we can carry on with our last days of discussion with little hinderance.

I take it everyone has heard that the characters on the DOJO are all confirmed to be starters, save for Snake and Sonic. If you couple that with the possibility that the 3rd parties known were only revealed to induce hype at strategic points of the wait, we could have an explaination as to why we haven't seen Megaman or Geno or whomever on the site.

Because Sakurai is keeping the unlockable characters underwraps, with exception of Snake and Sonic who were only revealed when they were to keep the hype going.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
*Walks into the barren thread as the wind blows*

Well, now that the server is better, I guess we can carry on with our last days of discussion with little hinderance.

I take it everyone has heard that the characters on the DOJO are all confirmed to be starters, save for Snake and Sonic. If you couple that with the possibility that the 3rd parties known were only revealed to induce hype at strategic points of the wait, we could have an explaination as to why we haven't seen Megaman or Geno or whomever on the site.

Because Sakurai is keeping the unlockable characters underwraps, with exception of Snake and Sonic who were only revealed when they were to keep the hype going.
Exactly. Why would they show all the third parties when ppl can get even more hyped about finding out by themselves?:)

tirkaro

Smash Champion
The megaman conspiracy theory!!!

You know, feel ashamed for regarding prophets now, but I feel that this is very important to tell you guys:

I've been pondering over megaman's inclusion for a good while now. I've been greatly worried about megaman's inclusion with the uprise of these "prophets"
however, I've recently come to realize something:
I find this strange: The prophets that deconfirm megaman say "megaman will not be in brawl." and thats it.
Thats VERY strangely specific if you ask me. Why don't they say something like "Bomberman" or "Simon Belmont" or "*random square character*"?

Secondly, I bring up Rapscouter. Rap was known for leaking the entire DP pokemon lineup, so it's safe to say he's legit, as far as prophets go. What I find strange was that he straight up said he was lying about certain things. He also reduntantly states in multiple categories about there being another 3rd party/ies. I suppose it's safe to say that he is telling the truth about there being another 3rd party. But if he isn't, thats okay, because that isn't too vital to my theory. But he was still being strangely specific about the next 3rd party, so it's safe to assume.

but back again to the "Lying" thing, it seems that even prophets have to keep secretive about this stuff. And once again, notice the only extra 3rd party mention in all of these "prophet" posts are "megaman" and that he "wont get in"
If you ask me, this reminds me of when SEGA was asked about sonic's inclusion in brawl during IGN's M&S@tOG interview, in which the employee stated that sonic being in brawl was "not on the cards." and we all know what happened with sonic.
So it seems 3rd parties are top-priority when it comes to character inclusion. There most likely is another 3rd party. The only third party that are mentioned in prophet posts are megaman. And it's specifically megaman, and no one else.
So basically, I'm saying:

THESE PROPHETS ARE A MISERABLE LITTLE PILE OF SECRETS!!!!!

These prophets must be purposely lying about MM's inclusion! It only makes sense!
and I frankly blame it all on these "sources." obviously, these sources can't give anything too big away. and 3rd party characters in brawl must be like the gold in fort knox!
If we know anything from Rapscouter, it seems that these prophets need to be miserable piles of secrets in order to leak anything.
So once again! Megaman specifically being deconfirmed? Another 3rd party? The only people who say megaman is indeed in are very low-profile and random, 1-post people, such as that guy who said megaman was in brawl a couple of pages back!? Secretive prophets!? It's all coming together now!!!!!!

The real answer to all this is.....
*cue dramatic zoom-out while I pull in my arms, and tilt my head out, and scream:*

THESE PROPHETS ARE BEING MISERABLE LITTLE PILES OF SECRETS WHEN IT COMES TO MEGAMAN, SO THEY MUST DECONFIRM HIM SPECIFICALLY, BUT AT THEY SAME TIME, THEY'RE ACTUALLY CONFIRMING MEGAMAN, BUT THEY CAN'T REALLY SAY THAT!!!

*catches breath*
*dusts off shoulders*
That is all. Now if you excuse me...
*goes back to playing symphony of the night.*

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
You know, feel ashamed for regarding prophets now, but I feel that this is very important to tell you guys:

I've been pondering over megaman's inclusion for a good while now. I've been greatly worried about megaman's inclusion with the uprise of these "prophets"
however, I've recently come to realize something:
I find this strange: The prophets that deconfirm megaman say "megaman will not be in brawl." and thats it.
Thats VERY strangely specific if you ask me. Why don't they say something like "Bomberman" or "Simon Belmont" or "*random square character*"?

Secondly, I bring up Rapscouter. Rap was known for leaking the entire DP pokemon lineup, so it's safe to say he's legit, as far as prophets go. What I find strange was that he straight up said he was lying about certain things. He also reduntantly states in multiple categories about there being another 3rd party/ies. I suppose it's safe to say that he is telling the truth about there being another 3rd party. But if he isn't, thats okay, because that isn't too vital to my theory. But he was still being strangely specific about the next 3rd party, so it's safe to assume.

but back again to the "Lying" thing, it seems that even prophets have to keep secretive about this stuff. And once again, notice the only extra 3rd party mention in all of these "prophet" posts are "megaman" and that he "wont get in"
If you ask me, this reminds me of when SEGA was asked about sonic's inclusion in brawl during IGN's M&S@tOG interview, in which the employee stated that sonic being in brawl was "not on the cards." and we all know what happened with sonic.
So it seems 3rd parties are top-priority when it comes to character inclusion. There most likely is another 3rd party. The only third party that are mentioned in prophet posts are megaman. And it's specifically megaman, and no one else.
So basically, I'm saying:

THESE PROPHETS ARE A MISERABLE LITTLE PILE OF SECRETS!!!!!

These prophets must be purposely lying about MM's inclusion! It only makes sense!
and I frankly blame it all on these "sources." obviously, these sources can't give anything too big away. and 3rd party characters in brawl must be like the gold in fort knox!
If we know anything from Rapscouter, it seems that these prophets need to be miserable piles of secrets in order to leak anything.
So once again! Megaman specifically being deconfirmed? Another 3rd party? The only people who say megaman is indeed in are very low-profile and random, 1-post people, such as that guy who said megaman was in brawl a couple of pages back!? Secretive prophets!? It's all coming together now!!!!!!

The real answer to all this is.....
*cue dramatic zoom-out while I pull in my arms, and tilt my head out, and scream:*

THESE PROPHETS ARE BEING MISERABLE LITTLE PILES OF SECRETS WHEN IT COMES TO MEGAMAN, SO THEY MUST DECONFIRM HIM SPECIFICALLY, BUT AT THEY SAME TIME, THEY'RE ACTUALLY CONFIRMING MEGAMAN, BUT THEY CAN'T REALLY SAY THAT!!!

*catches breath*
*dusts off shoulders*
That is all. Now if you excuse me...
*goes back to playing symphony of the night.*
I never really thought of that in such detail. Now that you bring it up, it is a bit conspicuous that the "prophets" seem so quick to "deconfirm Megaman" instead of other characters. Though, they could be eager to deconfirm him so much more than other characters because they know he's the hottest character hopeful right now.

It's also worth noting that, with the exception of A Link to the Snitch, none of these anti-Megaman prophets come into this thread to spread the "bad news".

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
Finally the thread is online again... *sigh* t's all just a waiting game for me now. In one week we'll truly know what to say on the matter at hand. All I know is that it's been fun hanging around and giving my insights in the R.M.B.

Megaman is Brawl.

Nightwonder

Smash Cadet
With Brawl coming out soon in Japan has been hurting my faith about Mega Man joining the roster for brawl, but with vary little news of him and Brawl along with the old interview with Mega Man's creator saying that he has not been contacted for by Nintendo I'm starting to think his chances are moderate to slim. Though I have seen this rumor about him, but I'm kinda skeptic about it sense it's about a friend who work close to capcom who apparently leaked information on some Resident Evil games. If you want to check it out I'll post the link below. http://www.thenproject.com/?p=290

DrNAshtear

Smash Cadet
And we're back!

My heart is aflutter with excitement now. I can't wait to see what happens in the next few days.

Let's hope that whatever else happens, we get a good roster, a great game, and most importantly for this thread, Megaman for Brawl!

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
With Brawl coming out soon in Japan has been hurting my faith about Mega Man joining the roster for brawl, but with vary little news of him and Brawl along with the old interview with Mega Man's creator saying that he has not been contacted for by Nintendo I'm starting to think his chances are moderate to slim. Though I have seen this rumor about him, but I'm kinda skeptic about it sense it's about a friend who work close to capcom who apparently leaked information on some Resident Evil games. If you want to check it out I'll post the link below. http://www.thenproject.com/?p=290
you know what, im starting to believe that nproject rumor more and more. Notice it was posted 2 days after the Sonic delay. And in the aim convo it says since the negotiations took so long for mega man , nintendo might have to delay the gam AGAIN. Guess what? they delayed it AGAIN.

that would also explain any "leakers" saying hes not it cuz he was such a late addition. their "sources" could have just played an early build of the game.

Mega Man for brawl.

Nicholas Ainsworth

Smash Cadet
you know what, im starting to believe that nproject rumor more and more. Notice it was posted 2 days after the Sonic delay. And in the aim convo it says since the negotiations took so long for mega man , nintendo might have to delay the gam AGAIN. Guess what? they delayed it AGAIN.

that would also explain any "leakers" saying hes not it cuz he was such a late addition. their "sources" could have just played an early build of the game.

Mega Man for brawl.
The NProject Rumor is really all we have to go on right now because every other leak goes well out of its way to debunk Megaman, however this particular rumor actually dictates that any kind of negotiations regarding Megaman's existence actually took place.

Ehh, regardless, we'll know for sure within 72 hours of the game's Japanese release.

Nightwonder

Smash Cadet
Who knows from the article it would have seem like he would be announced by now, but he may be a secret character just unannounced. though it does seem like a stupid move on Nintendo's part to not bring up the hype on this game.

BentoBox

Smash Master
I am sure this has been brought up a thousand times but still... Did anyone else get a funny feeling when they first heard about wall clinging? Megaman is the first thing that popped up in my mind when I read about it lol.

Just digging up an old post from 2007

what about sliding down walls, megaman style.

you dont have to jump off it, just grab and hold on.
Yeah! Except only Megaman and Zero could do it! Great idea :) (If theyre in the game, and I really hope they are Im such a huge MMX fan you have nooo idea)
coming from this thread: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=97857

Found it funny :p

DrNAshtear

Smash Cadet
Who knows from the article it would have seem like he would be announced by now, but he may be a secret character just unannounced. though it does seem like a stupid move on Nintendo's part to not bring up the hype on this game.
Like I said earlier, how much more hype does this game need? Nintendo's already having trouble satisfying its many lovers with its disc capabilities, and it's one of the most anticipated titles... ever.

Megaman can afford to remain secret, especially this late in the game when a very few more copies are likely to be able to be sold.

Destruction_King

Smash Ace
It's sad. Up until two days ago, the only MM game I'd ever played was MMX.

Then I played and beat MM2. I want Mega Man in the game just so Wily's castle theme has a chance to make it in Brawl.

DrNAshtear

Smash Cadet
It's sad. Up until two days ago, the only MM game I'd ever played was MMX.

Then I played and beat MM2. I want Mega Man in the game just so Wily's castle theme has a chance to make it in Brawl.
And we have a believer! Welcome to the club, sir!

Get this man a piece of cake!

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
I think we will now if Mega Man is in the moment a player will read the legal stuff in this game. Buthhhha NO! Maybe the "Capcom" logo will also be hidden until Mega Man is unlocked >_>

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
I think we will now if Mega Man is in the moment a player will read the legal stuff in this game. Buthhhha NO! Maybe the "Capcom" logo will also be hidden until Mega Man is unlocked >_>
lol, i tested this out in ssb64. even in the credits, characters remain secret. it wont even tell you the voice actor for CF, jiggs, ness, or luigi until u unlock it

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
Just saying that giving Classic the ability to wall climb is a big thing. Bigger than most of those -.-

Top Bottom