• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Do not fear guys, Megaman will be revealed soon enough. Just a little bit longer and you guys shall enjoy the lavishment of the (1/23) Legendary Blue Bomber himself! ^_^

Also, there was a guy several pages back who was discussing X and X-style Zero being in Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 and that Capcoms way of not leaving the Classic out was putting him in Brawl. Is that true?

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Now all, read my post CAREFULLY, I may have info to completely debunk Infanune's interview sayings.

Someone who arrived IRL recently came to our card shop Saturday. I chatted with him for a long while and he gave me VERY useful info.

In Marvel Vs Capcom 3, X and the X version of Zero are going to be represented. You know where that leaves classic Megaman?

Brawl. He told me Capcom wants Megaman in Brawl.

I'm not confirming any of this, nor am I in denial as I actually got this IRL.

Discuss to your will.

Hmm written by TONY___, he says that the MVC:3 is up in the air right now.

I forgot that when Yuki (whatever his last name was) was asked about Sonic in Brawl he dodged the question kind of hinting Sonic was not in. I TOTALLY forgot about that, lets us hope the same is true with Keiji...

**** my inmate is back aga

Cless

Smash Champion
Because I'm going to believe a random guy posting second-hand info about a game that EA has the rights to decide whether or not it gets made. I'm not saying that it's not true, but I have no reason to believe that it is.

Del Money

Smash Champion
Okay so I just beat Mega Man 3 and you were kindad right Cless...it's relatively easier than the others. Although it's still challenging enough. Apparently I've unlocked Mega Man Power Battles which is major "woot".

MM4 is monster hard and I don't know if I'll have the patience to beat it. I used to own it before I sold my NES. (LOL okay funny story. So back in high school, I hustled some kid into selling me his NES and all his games (like 9 of them) for $8 total. Keep in mind his NES was doing that blinky-red-light-sometimes-games-work-sometimes-they-don't thing. So getting it to work was too much of a pain in the *** for him. Anyways, I figured out that it was the 72-pin cartridge connector inside the NES that needed replacing and so I bought a new connector on eBay for like $7, replaced it. The games worked perfectly after replacing that part. And then once I realized I wasn't even using the NES that much. I sold that thing on eBAY for like $80. Moral of the story...Del Money is a true hustler.)
Anyways, I remember when I used to own MM4 for the NES, I beat Ring Man and then decided to call it quits becuase the game was too damm frustrating. Which one is truly the hardest of th classics again?

CyberBenX4

Smash Apprentice
Which one is truly the hardest of th classics again?
Depends on who you ask. Personally, I thought that 4 was moderate at best, while the first game was probably the hardest of the lot, if only because of a number of things that were exclusive to that game that (thankfully) didn't get brought back for the sequels.

In other words, I'm talking about things like the rapid fire drop speed, as well as your invincibility frames after registering damage meaning NOTHING if you fell on spikes (re: if you get knocked onto a bunch of spikes after taking a hit, you DEAD! :chuckle:).

7 was notable in its own way, at least, for the Dr. Wily fight. It basically is the same thing as what he did in 5, but you don't have Beat to bail your *** out that time around, plus you had to be a decent button masher in order to reduce the effects of being ice'd or fried. :grin:

domriver

Smash Lord
Do not fear guys, Megaman will be revealed soon enough. Just a little bit longer and you guys shall enjoy the lavishment of the (1/23) Legendary Blue Bomber himself! ^_^

Also, there was a guy several pages back who was discussing X and X-style Zero being in Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 and that Capcoms way of not leaving the Classic out was putting him in Brawl. Is that true?
*waits impatiently for 1/23 to arrive.*:mad:

Cless

Smash Champion
I don't find any of the Mega Man games are that hard. Mega Man 7 was easy. You had so many energy tanks and lives in that game.

Del Money

Smash Champion
Meh whatever. Keep in mind this is my first time playing all of these (except MM4). After playing and beating 1, 2 and 3, the gameplay-style should still be fairly consistent I guess. It's basically just a matter of not accidentally jumping into something stupid. I feel like skipping 4, 5, and 6 and going straight to the SNES Mega Man games...

I'm Del Money and I approve this post.

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
I don't find any of the Mega Man games that hard. Mega Man 7 was easy. You had so many energy tanks and lives in that game.
True but it was one of my top 3 classic games:

Mega Man 2
Mega Man & Bass
Mega Man 7:grin:

binki4

Smash Apprentice
i don't want megaman in the brawl graveyard because i want megaman in brawl instead of having him in graveyard in 2 weeks 2 days and we don't want to happen no more for this now keiji is keeping a secret of megaman in brawl and so of sakurai who is keep megaman as a secret for 2 months and the megaman fans are waiting for him in brawl and i too have to wait for so long when is megaman gonna be confrimed when that's too long for this and i tired of it please for crying out loud put megaman in brawl already please

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
Mega Man 4 isn't so hard once you master the timing of blasting everything in sight with the Charged Shot. If you are playing the Anniversary Collection, Navi mode makes the game slightly easier. Mega Man 4 is actually my favorite of the NES Mega Man games.

I'd say Mega Man 3 is in the running for hardest classic Mega Man game, if only for Doc Robot and his stages. Mega Man 3's competition is Mega Man 1.

Cless

Smash Champion
You take so little damage in Mega Man 3. Plus, you can slide in that game. In the first two Mega Man games, you took so much damage when you got hit and you had very little mobility.

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
You take so little damage in Mega Man 3. Plus, you can slide in that game. In the first two Mega Man games, you took so much damage when you got hit and you had very little mobility.
Yeah well, that doesn't make Doc Robot any less difficult. He moves in angles difficult to dodge and even the Master weapons that work best on him have litte effect. And that's IF he's weak to a particular weapon. The 8 RM stages and Breakman and the 6 stages that follow aren't very difficult. Doc Robot, however, is a beast.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
You mean....Shoryuken or Sheng Long right? Hadoken means fireball while Shoryuken and Sheng Long both mean Dragon Punch.

Megaman 4 Brawl
I know hadoken means fire ball, that is why I put it as a >B(if I didnt then the page edited the wrong way, it would be the 5th time for me so far). but I dont think he should have 2 street fighter moves, I think a good move set for him would be-
B X-buster
^B-soryuken(sorry, most other moves that gave you a boost required armors.)
but it might work if he got the boost jumps without(but it wouldnt be cannon without the armor, but then again it is smash, so neither is fire flower mario with fludd combo.)
>B-(realy this one has plenty of options so I dont realy know what it could be)
VB-this could be(at least I think) one of these:
rolling shield(surrounds him)
thunder triad
or maybe the ice shard attack(you get from freeze walrus) since that one surrounds you completely and acts as a shield.

its the reverse, X was at a disadvantage(or lack of being in a fighting game) before this, classic was already in one so this leaves classic nowhere in that department.
Now all, read my post CAREFULLY, I may have info to completely debunk Infanune's interview sayings.

Someone who arrived IRL recently came to our card shop Saturday. I chatted with him for a long while and he gave me VERY useful info.

In Marvel Vs Capcom 3, X and the X version of Zero are going to be represented. You know where that leaves classic Megaman?

Brawl. He told me Capcom wants Megaman in Brawl.

I'm not confirming any of this, nor am I in denial as I actually got this IRL.

Discuss to your will.

Hmm written by TONY___, he says that the MVC:3 is up in the air right now.

I forgot that when Yuki (whatever his last name was) was asked about Sonic in Brawl he dodged the question kind of hinting Sonic was not in. I TOTALLY forgot about that, lets us hope the same is true with Keiji...

**** my inmate is back aga
read what I typed above.
Okay so I just beat Mega Man 3 and you were kindad right Cless...it's relatively easier than the others. Although it's still challenging enough. Apparently I've unlocked Mega Man Power Battles which is major "woot".

MM4 is monster hard and I don't know if I'll have the patience to beat it. I used to own it before I sold my NES. (LOL okay funny story. So back in high school, I hustled some kid into selling me his NES and all his games (like 9 of them) for $8 total. Keep in mind his NES was doing that blinky-red-light-sometimes-games-work-sometimes-they-don't thing. So getting it to work was too much of a pain in the *** for him. Anyways, I figured out that it was the 72-pin cartridge connector inside the NES that needed replacing and so I bought a new connector on eBay for like $7, replaced it. The games worked perfectly after replacing that part. And then once I realized I wasn't even using the NES that much. I sold that thing on eBAY for like $80. Moral of the story...Del Money is a true hustler.)
Anyways, I remember when I used to own MM4 for the NES, I beat Ring Man and then decided to call it quits becuase the game was too damm frustrating. Which one is truly the hardest of th classics again?
Depends on who you ask. Personally, I thought that 4 was moderate at best, while the first game was probably the hardest of the lot, if only because of a number of things that were exclusive to that game that (thankfully) didn't get brought back for the sequels.

In other words, I'm talking about things like the rapid fire drop speed, as well as your invincibility frames after registering damage meaning NOTHING if you fell on spikes (re: if you get knocked onto a bunch of spikes after taking a hit, you DEAD! :chuckle:).

7 was notable in its own way, at least, for the Dr. Wily fight. It basically is the same thing as what he did in 5, but you don't have Beat to bail your *** out that time around, plus you had to be a decent button masher in order to reduce the effects of being ice'd or fried. :grin:
I felt megaman's 1-3 wernt all that hard(yes I am weird like that) I never could beat megaman 4 though.
Mega Man 4 isn't so hard once you master the timing of blasting everything in sight with the Charged Shot. If you are playing the Anniversary Collection, Navi mode makes the game slightly easier. Mega Man 4 is actually my favorite of the NES Mega Man games.

I'd say Mega Man 3 is in the running for hardest classic Mega Man game, if only for Doc Robot and his stages. Mega Man 3's competition is Mega Man 1.
navi mode?
1 was definatly harder than 3(at least to me).

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
navi mode?
Navigation Mode. It's a mode that enables a character to help navigate you through stages so you won't fall into pits and tells you where items are hidden. The character depends on the game.

Mega Man 1 & 6: Dr. Light
Mega Man 2: Roll
Mega Man 3: Protoman
Mega Man 4: Kalinka Cossack
Mega Man 5: Dr. Cossack

In the PS2 verison of AC, it also enables remixed music in certain stages.

J.A.Jenk

Smash Cadet
I beat Mega Man 1-8 and Mega Man X 1-6
I belive Mega Man 7 was the hardest. Dr. Wily was a beast

Cless

Smash Champion
Yeah, but you can have as many get as many energy tanks as you want in between levels. How's it hard when you constantly have 9 energy tanks?

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
Yeah, but you can have as many get as many energy tanks as you want in between levels. How's it hard when you constantly have 9 energy tanks?
That might be the difference right there. I don't really go back for energy tanks and I find myself using them quite often. I'll have to check my AC file, though. I should have about 9 tanks but my save is well past Doc. I'll have to aquire 9 or so tanks, take on Doc and his stages and see if I have an easier time.

Oh and while it's on my mind, here is an awesome site that will allow you to generate passwords for MM2-MM7 and MMX-X3: http://www.mmhp.net/

And for Wily in MM7, I've found that the Ice Cracker works well against him, though I still have to be somewhat of a masochist to hit him with it.

Cless

Smash Champion
Yeah, the Ice Cracker is generally the best because it can hit him everywhere and does good damage.

Anyway, I just watched The Day of Sigma. X's Shining Finger is hilarious and even funnier that he has the same voice actor as Domon. THAT should be his final smash. :laugh:

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
so olimar is confirmed now. remember when everyon was scared because of the icon theory that it was either "rokkuman" or "pikmin"? well spot #19 is STILL AVAILABLE :)

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
so olimar is confirmed now. remember when everyon was scared because of the icon theory that it was either "rokkuman" or "pikmin"? well spot #19 is STILL AVAILABLE :)
Not so fast, there's still competition in the form of Isaac (Golden Sun's Japanese name begins with "O"). Not that it matters though since the Icon theory has been broken. They can both get in! :) *Also supports Isaac*

But BB, I thought you didn't believe in the icon theory? Oh well if nothing else, Olimar's symbol as #22 only means there is at least one more series we don't know. It could very well be Rokkuman!

MEGAMAN FOR/IS BRAWL!!!!!

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
What's spot 19? I don't think I ever read this crazy icon theory.
really??? its on the first page of the brawl discussion. basically, every icon like the mushroom representing the mario series or the egg representing the yoshi series, is numbered on the dojo. people were thinking these icons were ordered alphabetically in japenglish. i know its weird, bare with me. so they were tryin to predict characters by this order....now its been proven completely false cuz the only order of the icons is from ssb64, to melee, to brawl. it kinda confirms G&W...

i never believed it but see for yourself cless...

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
Not so fast, there's still competition in the form of Isaac (Golden Sun's Japanese name begins with "O"). Not that it matters though since the Icon theory has been broken. They can both get in! :) *Also supports Isaac*

But BB, I thought you didn't believe in the icon theory? Oh well if nothing else, Olimar's symbol as #22 only means there is at least one more series we don't know. It could very well be Rokkuman!

MEGAMAN FOR/IS BRAWL!!!!!
oh i dont, i was just bringing it up again :)

Cless

Smash Champion
Yeah, that seemed to be reaching, but whatever. I prefer not to over analyze minor things. In fact, this is really the first time I've ever gone out of my way to find out info about a game. I'm usually set in the games I'm gonna buy.

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
You know, I'll admit that at first I was a believer of the icon theory. But then when I realized that Olimar would not be denied a spot in Brawl I took up the belief that it was mere coincidence. Now that the inevitable has occured today with symbol #22 that means the chances of seeing one of the two chars I support have gone up drastically. Icon theory or not, I now believe in Megaman more than ever.

MEGAMAN FOR BRAWL AND ROBOT MASTER BRIGADE FOR VICTORY!!!! :grin:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I know you all figured this out...

But Olimer is #22

That means...could it be???

Megaman as #19!?!?!

Top Bottom