• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!

1. Inafune didn't actually create Mega Man.

2. If they were using Mega Man, Sakurai would consult the person that makes the games and designs the characters. Hell, the idea that the one person considered to be the father of Mega Man wouldn't even be aware that Mega Man was being used in any way in Brawl seems absurd. Yes, he's only one person in the Mega Man development process. But he just happens to be the one most well-known person involved, and the director of most games in the series, and the one person Sakurai would consult over matters involving Mega Man. Kojima was consulted when Sakurai made the level, the character, etc., so why wouldn't Inafune be?

Stryks

Smash Hero
He created megaman, maybe he needed developers and such for the creation of the GAME, but inafune created the CHARACTER, all the characters from the original megaman and some from the X were created by him...

Stryks

Smash Hero
"When I fist created rockman, I had rock and roll in mind" quote from inafne, he created megaman, while doing this he had rock and roll in his mind, hence ROCKman and his sister ROLL...

Cless

Smash Champion
The Mega Man game existed. He didn't create the idea for the game, but he created all the characters and their personalities.

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
Actualy I think the other guy is right. Inafine said somewhere that Megaman was created before he came to Capcom.

AuraLancer

Smash Journeyman
They have decided that, for now, the Mega Man fighting game will not be made. This was announced at one of the Mega Man twentieth anniversary events.

EDIT: Waaaaaaaaaiiiiiit a minute. You were here for that.

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
No matter how you stack it, Inafune doesn't have to know in any way whether MM would make it in because he doesn't own him. Just Capcom.

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
The good news is that we know only have to wait 3 more weeks until we know wether Mega Man will be in Brawl or not.

I can't help it, but I think this podcast actually had it's good purposes. Just think about it. If it wasn't for the podcast, we would be like "Oh, we just knew he would be in the game. Awesome..." But now it would be more like: "OMG INAFUNE!!! YOU TRICKED US ALLLLLL!!!! Mega Man lawlz *dance*" Right? :chuckle:

Stryks

Smash Hero
And the original wouldnt? he has over 100 moves to choose from, was part of the nes era, and sakuria loves retro..

its win-win for classic...

tirkaro

Smash Champion
THANK YOU!
He would!

Orignal Megaman could just shoot. That makes for a boring set.
Mega Buster
Slide
Beat
Rolling Cutter
Super Arm
Ice Slasher
Hyper Bomb
Fire Storm
Thunder Beam
Metal Blade
Air Shooter
Bubble Lead
Quick Boomerang
Crash Bomb
Time Stopper
Atomic Fire
Leaf Shield
Needle Cannon
Magnet Missile
Gemini Laser
Hard Knuckle
Top Spin
Search Snake
Spark Shock
Shadow Blade
Flash Stopper
Rain Flush
Drill Bomb
Pharaoh Shot
Ring Boomerang
Dust Crusher
Dive Missile
Skull Barrier
Gravity Hold
Water Wave
Power Stone
Gyro Attack
Star Crash
Charge Kick
Napalm Bomb
Crystal Eye
Blizzard Attack
Centaur Flash
Flame Blast
Knight Crusher
Plant Barrier
Silver Tomahawk
Wind Storm
Yamato Spear
Freeze Cracker
Junk Shield
Danger Wrap
Thunder Bolt
Wild Coil
Slash Claw
Noise Crush
Scorch Wheel
Tornado Hold
Astro Crush
Copy Vision
Flame Sword
Thunder Claw
Homing Sniper
Ice Wave
Flash Bomb
Water Balloon
shoryken
hadoken
rush coil
rush drill
rush marine
rush suit
hyper megaman form
the rest of his moveset from MvC

yup, what a boring set.

Stryks

Smash Hero
THANK YOU!
He would!

Im sorry I forgot the exe megaman had an "Does more than just shoot" buster, megaman can use the powers he has obtained from previous bosses...

seriously by that logic link can just slash, pikahcu can only use electric attack and no melee, and sonic could only run...

Ninjuku

Smash Journeyman
Somewhere back you guys refer to Bass as an anti-hero...
Well...for MM and Bass...thats true...
But Bass is more a 3rd party, if you will, of evil...
Programmed to defeat MM and become the most powerful robot in the world...
Bass saw Wily as too weak to give orders to a supreme robot such as himself...
So Bass broke off from Wily and fought MM on his own...
Bass would often destroy Wily's henchmen to prove to Wily that a superior robot could not be made...
Bass probably ended up killing Wily and fighting Zero...

Cless

Smash Champion
Nah, I think Bass' overconfidence caused him to fight Zero when Wily eventually finished him, and Zero wrecked his ****.

binki4

Smash Apprentice
so it january already so they have time to give keiji a call because the smash bros brawl it going to lunch on the 24TH in japan and i cross my fingers for megaman in smash bros brawl or it will be too late to put him in and i was dying to see megaman on the smashbros dojo website update on january 7TH and cross my fingers every mon-fri for megaman appearance of smash bros this january for now and that will be better for now

1. If Sakurai went to Capcom, someone would be needed to give input on MM, his stages, assist trophies, items, moves, trophies, stickers, music, etc.

2. If Inafune knew, he would have used wordplay, not lie.

Cless

Smash Champion
How can you say that for certainty? What's the easiest immediate solution to get out of situations you don't want to be in? To lie.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
cless unless you want more headache i suggest you just let it go. people want to read so mch into the podcast its rediculous. just let em belive it. they'll see when the game is released. but do as you will....

heres a hypothetical question guys since we pretty much have discussed everything;

would rather have mega man be in the game and suck really really badly no matter how good the player, or him not be in at all?

i would rather have him in and suck. i think its just a respect thing. imo mega plain out deserves to be in this game with other video game legends

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
But how well would the coil and Tornado Hold work in the air? After all, the TH only activates upon touching a surface, as does the RC, whereas the Thunder Claw would work perfectly as a tether recovery.
easy, rush coil appears under you andyou land on it while it floats(same goes for tornado hold), just like the spring for sonic. but now that I think of it I want his up B to be rush jet, making his up B more unique compared to everyone elses.
All tether recoveries are throws though or are at least not up b's (I'm not sure how the Rope Snake works). The Rush Jet and Coil would work fine. Sonic can make springs appear out of nowhere, why can't Mega Man? The Tornado Hold wouldn't work though. It doesn't make sense with the way the weapon works.

Also, I was just thinking how smart Wily and Light were. They made robots that no one could surpass even 200 years later.
rope snake is an A move(I think) cause we know all of his B moves(and his up B is a better version of ness's) and the way it would work (for megaman)is he fires it forward were it sits there for a period lifting him upwards(ala recovery effect).
ok. thanks for clearing that up.

BTW the iceman stage is hard. i got up to flying part i got to the first pillar but slipped up. lol
as long as you dont hold a direction when you land you will sit still instead of sliding.
Naw, the hardest platforming aspect is definitely the beginning of Gutsman's stage. Iceman's dissappearing platforms are cake.

But I guess I came from a Mario family, so none of it is a big deal.;)
the dissapearing platforms are easy, gotsmans moving platforms were also hard as anything!(like you said) I got throught it though when I stopped thinking so much about the timing ironicaly.
i am talking about the flying part. the platforms are easy. they did not take too long to figure out. i just watched them for a bit and figured out the patter. but in the flying part there is a tiny pillar. you have to time the jump to the second and he slips off if you don't jump. yeah... i will get back on it soon

EDIT - sonic 3 was the game i played when i was young. i could do the game with my eyes closed
sonic's games are some of the easiest I have ever played. no wonder!
hey error if vile gets in as AT which version of him do you think they'll use. the one from x-x3-or-x8, my choice is mk2 vile from x3
same here,(he must be in the goliath armor though! its too awsome to pass up). although I havnt played X8 so I dont know how he is set up in that game.
Mega Man was originally an Astro Boy video game; when the company Astro Boy belongs to dropped the deal, Capcom replaced all the sprites and created Mega Man. The rest, as they say, is history.
I still dont like the thought of megaman games originaly starting out as an astro boy game...
at least though megaman happened, other wise we wouldnt be talking typeing about this right now.

hate me if you want but the battle network megaman would have a unique good and easy to make move set.
And the original wouldnt? he has over 100 moves to choose from, was part of the nes era, and sakuria loves retro..

its win-win for classic...
I dont think he meant any harm for classic.
THANK YOU!
He would!

however this one did.
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=134063

hey RMB, just to let u know my comic is up and running, and this club is gonna have one of the biggest roles in the 1st arc...
awsome.
How can you say that for certainty? What's the easiest immediate solution to get out of situations you don't want to be in? To lie.
I dont like to say it but hes right, lieing is a realy easy solution. I hope he was, but I am going to be ready for the worst here.

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
cless unless you want more headache i suggest you just let it go. people want to read so mch into the podcast its rediculous. just let em belive it. they'll see when the game is released. but do as you will....

heres a hypothetical question guys since we pretty much have discussed everything;

would rather have mega man be in the game and suck really really badly no matter how good the player, or him not be in at all?

i would rather have him in and suck. i think its just a respect thing. imo mega plain out deserves to be in this game with other video game legends
I agree, it'd be a shame not to have someone as influential as Mega Man in Brawl. And sorry I haven't been around in a while.

EDIT - @Stryks - the comic is teh win, lol

Cless

Smash Champion
Astro Boy is awesome and the Tornado Hold has to land on something before it opens up, unless you just want it to open and float for a set period, which is not how the weapon worked in Mega Man 8 and Marvel vs Capcom.

I thought the Rope Snake might be his grab, but I dunno. I don't watch Lucas videos.

hunter-x

Smash Apprentice
your last words error, they scare me. i know its possible that hes not in but he flat out deserves to be in like BB said, and i can imagine sakurai having some painful visits if hes not in...to quote a friend "if megamans not in my cleats are gonna be lining sakurais ***"

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
your last words error, they scare me. i know its possible that hes not in but he flat out deserves to be in like BB said, and i can imagine sakurai having some painful visits if hes not in...to quote a friend "if megamans not in my cleats are gonna be lining sakurais ***"
ROFL!!!!
yeah, i cant imagine nintendo not approaching capcom about mega man in this game

I'm really tired of people treating the podcast as irrelevant. It's not something minor - it's the creator of Mega Man indicating that Nintendo never came to Capcom about Mega Man in Brawl.

And the insinuation that Inafune would have lied instead of done some wordplay to avoid confirming or denying it is just silly. Developers just don't do that - I have not seen a Japanese developer flat-out lie to our ears before.

Dolla Billz Don't Lie Nygga

Smash Apprentice
Dartmouth College...pymping the 603 straight up
LOL...that quote was from Del--er I mean someone with a good mindset...heh-heh

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
I'm really tired of people treating the podcast as irrelevant. It's not something minor - it's the creator of Mega Man indicating that Nintendo never came to Capcom about Mega Man in Brawl.

And the insinuation that Inafune would have lied instead of done some wordplay to avoid confirming or denying it is just silly. Developers just don't do that - I have not seen a Japanese developer flat-out lie to our ears before.
okay then, believe every word in the podcast then. just stop posting about it here, its been done to death.

as for rush coil for mm's up b, i would rather rush jet. r coil would be too close to sonics spring.

and wouldnt it be cool if when you did the rush jet in water like on delphino plaza, it was the rush marine! i think itd be a cool easter egg. of course it would still have the same effect as rush jet

Top Bottom