• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!

The Great Tama

Smash Journeyman

I love Megaman bro! I would love to see him against Mario, Sonic and Snake for a mascots battle! I see you guys have a club, how may I join this club?

Cless

Smash Champion
Good. Strider Hiryu is awesome and made by Capcom. I see no reason to not rip off of it since it's not likely being remade. I don't like m

Air Man can shoot the tornadoes out so that you can't jump them. I found it easier to just beast my way through them and use my invincibility frames to hit him as many times as possible.

Here's the timeline by EGM. Take it for what it's worth. I'm transcribing this since I can't find it online.

1: Dr. Thomas Light
Could Dr.Light have known the ramifications of teaming up with Dr. Albert Wily? Maybe! He did, after all, create arcane devices to let him send cool weapon upgrades to Mega Man X in the future.

2: Dr. Albert Wily
Wily betrayed Light and turned their robots into cleverly themed engines of destruction. For a genius, he's pretty slow: It wasn't until a dozen or so robot coup attempts failed that he went straight for the kill and invented Zero.

3: Mega Man
The simple household assistant names Rock volunteered to be converted into a fighting robot to combat the evil of Dr. Wily. He did this by fighting Wily's inventions with weapons filched from previous enemies. Mega Man's current fate is unknown (ed. I think destroyed by Zero is likely, like what you said), but his legacy lived on in his little brother, X.

4: Zero
Wily's final creation, Zero, converted to the glorious side of good after Sigma defeated him. After that, he sealed himself away, awakening after the end of the Elf Wars to battle Weil and his deranged clone of X. Though Zero won, he ended up sacrificing himself in a final battle with Weil.

5: Mega Man X
Dr. Light created X to have human emotions by giving him a "suffering circuit" to ensure his compassion for mankind. Sadly, when X was discovered and duplicated by Dr. Cain, the resulting reploids' imperfectly copied suffering circuits turned them into violent Mavericks. X, who hated fighting, spent his life battling his own cheap copies before sacrificing himself to end the Elf Wars. Talk about a thankless life.

6: Sigma
Sigma, Dr. Cain's ultimate creation, was a nice guy until he went maverick (ed. by coming in contact with Zero, like you said) and decided to crush the human race. Like Wily, he was easy to defeat, but not so simple to get rid of. That is, until he was (finally) purged by X with the Mother Elf program. 'Bout time.

7: The Elf Wars
...it was a four-year war of genocide launched by Dr. Weil after the end of both the Maverick Virus and Sigma's final defeat. Ultimately, X sacrificed himself to stop the conflict (ed. by using his body to imprison the Dark Elf).

8: Ciel
Bioengineered child genius Ciel created the genocidal Copy X. But it's OK, because she put things right by teaming up with Zero to stop her creation and the revitalized Dr. Weil. Plus, she transferred the spirits of X and Zero into Biometals. Nice Gal.

9: Dr. Weil
Exiled but immortal after his Elf War defeat, Dr. Weil sought retribution against humanity and was ultimately destroyed by Zero. Even so, he managed to use the power of Ragnarok to transfer his spirit into the original Biometal, Model W.

10: Biometals
Containing the essences of defeated heroes (and villains), Biometals allow humans and reploids to take on those robots' personas, called "Mega Men." We can presume that this technology gave rise to Elysium's legion of Mega Man-class warriors and assistants.

11: The Master
The last true human being on Earth, the Master created a refuge called Elysium. When the Elysium system became too ruthless, he worked closely with his loyal assistant, Mega Man Trigger, to put a stop to it.

12: Elysium
A space-borne sanctuary for mankind, the Elysium system eventually grew out of control and began doing more harm than good; it was subdued by Mega Man Trigger. Upon its final defeat millennia later, Elysium reverted to its original form, the mysterious Elder System.

13: Mega Man Trigger
Formerly an artificial-humanoid warrior for Elysium, Trigger honored his creator, the Master, by fighting to put a stop to its destructive tendencies. Trigger - later known as Mega Man Volnutt - gradually uncovered the secrets of Elysium and was last seen on the moon, hanging out with his former enemy Yuna, whose spirit is trapped in the body of his girlfriend's mom. Yeah, it's weird.

N/A: Mega Man Battle Network
...unrelated to the main timeline.

CyberBenX4

Smash Apprentice
Good. Strider Hiryu is awesome and made by Capcom. I see no reason to not rip off of it since it's not likely being remade.
That's not the problem.

What is the prob, is that as awesome as Strider Hiryu is, I appreciate for what he is, separate from Rockman. I didn't need Inafune trying to interject Strider into Rockman, any more than I would need Final Fight to try doing more to be a sandbox game like GTA...oh wait...(*shudders at the thought of "Final Fight Streetwise*)

Cless

Smash Champion
But it still maintained the essence of Mega Man while being different at the same time. Mario games still maintain the essence of Mario, unless they're spin-offs, which is what I consider the whole card game business of Mega Man. One that I have no desire to play.

Ninjuku

Smash Journeyman
You guys have the timeline a little skewed...
After the events of X6...
Zero decides to seal himself away for 100 or so years...
When he reawakens...on time or not...the Elf Wars had just been started...
After the first series of Elf Wars...
Zero decides he is too powerful...and must be sealed away...
X attempts to stop him...but arrives halfway through the sealing process...too late...
The Elf Wars rage up again...
X sacrifices his body to seal the "Dark Elf"...
The events in MM:Z...
Ciel discovers two strange devices that she dubs biometals...A blue one...and a red one...
Ciel converts the Guardians into biometals so that they could continue to protect the world for generations to come...
ZX...
ZX:A...
(My best guess \/)
After the Sage Trinity fall from power the world is thrown into a state of chaos...
The remaining humans decide to engineer a civilization outside of this world of chaos...
Elysium is created...
The humans eventually die off...leaving only the Master...
(Continue from someone else's timeline)

CyberBenX4

Smash Apprentice
No, that does NOT happen. If anything, the events of that ending happen following the Elf Wars (where Zero felt that things would be safe in X's hands after all that messy business was done).

This information can pretty much be inferred by the Rockman Source Books, as well as the Rockman Zero 3 Radio Drama (where there was a flash back that had X and Zero double teaming Omega).

Ciel discovers two strange devices that she dubs biometals...A blue one...and a red one...
Ciel converts the Guardians into biometals so that they could continue to protect the world for generations to come...
And again...no.

Go play Rockman ZX. The first Live Metal (BioMetal) is Model V/W. The others were only able to created because Ciel used V as a template to build the others (which were the original 6, based on X, Zero, and the Guardians/Shi-ten-ou).

If you really want a more reliable source of information on the Rockman Series storyline, go to places like Rockman Perfect Memories, Mega Man Network...fan sites that have been around for a while, and know their **** because they use the material present from official, Capcom-cited sources. It's really the only way to go about learning the series, if you're that concerned with trying to convey a real argument when it comes to the series' canon/time line

Ninjuku

Smash Journeyman
No, that does NOT happen. If anything, the events of that ending happen following the Elf Wars (where Zero felt that things would be safe in X's hands after all that messy business was done).

This information can pretty much be inferred by the Rockman Source Books, as well as the Rockman Zero 3 Radio Drama (where there was a flash back that had X and Zero double teaming Omega).

And again...no.

Go play Rockman ZX. The first Live Metal (BioMetal) is Model V/W. The others were only able to created because Ciel used V as a template to build the others (which were the original 6, based on X, Zero, and the Guardians/Shi-ten-ou).

If you really want a more reliable source of information on the Rockman Series storyline, go to places like Rockman Perfect Memories, Mega Man Network...fan sites that have been around for a while, and know their **** because they use the material present from official, Capcom-cited sources. It's really the only way to go about learning the series, if you're that concerned with trying to convey a real argument when it comes to the series' canon/time line
Okay...
Play Mega Man X6...
Beat it as Zero...
yeah...that is canon...
He is sealed before the war...reawakened...and resealed...
Ciel didnt find Model W...
Serpent did...100 years later...
Ciel based hers on Model Z...and Model X...which she did find...
It is true that Models X and Z were found...not made...
The Guardians were converted into biometals...
This is real information...

mr fuji

Smash Rookie
Hes Not In Brawl Ok And He Never Will Be The Creator Of Megamn Even Said That Noones Asked Him For Megaman In Brawl And Its A Bit To Late For Him To Be In

Digital Angel

Smash Journeyman

I love Megaman bro! I would love to see him against Mario, Sonic and Snake for a mascots battle! I see you guys have a club, how may I join this club?
It's probably better that you don't join. The club is shutting down soon once it's confirmed Megaman isn't in.

Ninjuku

Smash Journeyman
You know...
Listening to these trolls is the psychological equivalent to ripping ones skin off, followed by rolling around in salt, and finished with chinese water torture...with acid...

EDIT: @Digital Angel...
No...
We plan on staying in function even after confirmation...
Were developing an independant comic...
And functioning as a fan-base more than a Brawl support group...

Stryks

Smash Hero
Digital angle its obvious u dont know our club, we pretty much shown so many things that disproves or shows that megaman cn stil lget in...

cause thats how we roll...

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace

To join, just follow the link in my sig, though you must be approved by the higher ups.

Guys is here, and RMB already has rep in the 1st issue!:

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=134012
0.0!! Stryks, your awesomeness knows no bounds. I don't know how you do it, but you rock more and more everyday!

Cless

Smash Champion
Probably like it was in Mega Man 8, but with an actual voice actor so that it sounds good instead of someone from the localization team. That's assuming that Classic gets in.

hunter-x

Smash Apprentice
yea, if you played mm maverick hunter x on the psp they had real voice actors and it sounded great like it should, for a game as big as brawl they would definitely have to give mega a real voice actor.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
Good. Strider Hiryu is awesome and made by Capcom. I see no reason to not rip off of it since it's not likely being remade. I don't like m

Air Man can shoot the tornadoes out so that you can't jump them. I found it easier to just beast my way through them and use my invincibility frames to hit him as many times as possible.

Here's the timeline by EGM. Take it for what it's worth. I'm transcribing this since I can't find it online.

1: Dr. Thomas Light
Could Dr.Light have known the ramifications of teaming up with Dr. Albert Wily? Maybe! He did, after all, create arcane devices to let him send cool weapon upgrades to Mega Man X in the future.

2: Dr. Albert Wily
Wily betrayed Light and turned their robots into cleverly themed engines of destruction. For a genius, he's pretty slow: It wasn't until a dozen or so robot coup attempts failed that he went straight for the kill and invented Zero.

3: Mega Man
The simple household assistant names Rock volunteered to be converted into a fighting robot to combat the evil of Dr. Wily. He did this by fighting Wily's inventions with weapons filched from previous enemies. Mega Man's current fate is unknown (ed. I think destroyed by Zero is likely, like what you said), but his legacy lived on in his little brother, X.

4: Zero
Wily's final creation, Zero, converted to the glorious side of good after Sigma defeated him. After that, he sealed himself away, awakening after the end of the Elf Wars to battle Weil and his deranged clone of X. Though Zero won, he ended up sacrificing himself in a final battle with Weil.

5: Mega Man X
Dr. Light created X to have human emotions by giving him a "suffering circuit" to ensure his compassion for mankind. Sadly, when X was discovered and duplicated by Dr. Cain, the resulting reploids' imperfectly copied suffering circuits turned them into violent Mavericks. X, who hated fighting, spent his life battling his own cheap copies before sacrificing himself to end the Elf Wars. Talk about a thankless life.

6: Sigma
Sigma, Dr. Cain's ultimate creation, was a nice guy until he went maverick (ed. by coming in contact with Zero, like you said) and decided to crush the human race. Like Wily, he was easy to defeat, but not so simple to get rid of. That is, until he was (finally) purged by X with the Mother Elf program. 'Bout time.

7: The Elf Wars
...it was a four-year war of genocide launched by Dr. Weil after the end of both the Maverick Virus and Sigma's final defeat. Ultimately, X sacrificed himself to stop the conflict (ed. by using his body to imprison the Dark Elf).

8: Ciel
Bioengineered child genius Ciel created the genocidal Copy X. But it's OK, because she put things right by teaming up with Zero to stop her creation and the revitalized Dr. Weil. Plus, she transferred the spirits of X and Zero into Biometals. Nice Gal.

9: Dr. Weil
Exiled but immortal after his Elf War defeat, Dr. Weil sought retribution against humanity and was ultimately destroyed by Zero. Even so, he managed to use the power of Ragnarok to transfer his spirit into the original Biometal, Model W.

10: Biometals
Containing the essences of defeated heroes (and villains), Biometals allow humans and reploids to take on those robots' personas, called "Mega Men." We can presume that this technology gave rise to Elysium's legion of Mega Man-class warriors and assistants.

11: The Master
The last true human being on Earth, the Master created a refuge called Elysium. When the Elysium system became too ruthless, he worked closely with his loyal assistant, Mega Man Trigger, to put a stop to it.

12: Elysium
A space-borne sanctuary for mankind, the Elysium system eventually grew out of control and began doing more harm than good; it was subdued by Mega Man Trigger. Upon its final defeat millennia later, Elysium reverted to its original form, the mysterious Elder System.

13: Mega Man Trigger
Formerly an artificial-humanoid warrior for Elysium, Trigger honored his creator, the Master, by fighting to put a stop to its destructive tendencies. Trigger - later known as Mega Man Volnutt - gradually uncovered the secrets of Elysium and was last seen on the moon, hanging out with his former enemy Yuna, whose spirit is trapped in the body of his girlfriend's mom. Yeah, it's weird.

N/A: Mega Man Battle Network
...unrelated to the main timeline.
When he reawakens...on time or not...the Elf Wars had just been started...
After the first series of Elf Wars...
Zero decides he is too powerful...and must be sealed away...
X attempts to stop him...but arrives halfway through the sealing process...too late...
The Elf Wars rage up again...
X sacrifices his body to seal the "Dark Elf"...
The events in MM:Z...
ZX...
ZX:A...
(My best guess \/)
After the Sage Trinity fall from power the world is thrown into a state of chaos...
The remaining humans decide to engineer a civilization outside of this world of chaos...
Elysium is created...
The humans eventually die off...leaving only the Master...
(Continue from someone else's timeline)

And again...no.

Okay...
Play Mega Man X6...
Beat it as Zero...
yeah...that is canon...
He is sealed before the war...reawakened...and resealed...
Ciel didnt find Model W...
Serpent did...100 years later...
Ciel based hers on Model Z...and Model X...which she did find...
It is true that Models X and Z were found...not made...
The Guardians were converted into biometals...
This is real information...
what happened to the events of x7 and x8? also I am glad we have most of what happened figured out at least.
Megaman's always been awesome, so I'm very pro Megaman. I hope X gets in. And Zero should be an AT and his partner in SSE.
I have the same sentiments. although I would like X and zero teaming up ala zelda/shiek style, of coarse its a switch out and not a transformation type thing.
Guys is here, and RMB already has rep in the 1st issue!:

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=134012
sweet!
Digital angle its obvious u dont know our club, we pretty much shown so many things that disproves or shows that megaman cn stil lget in...

cause thats how we roll...
we're cool like that.
If megamans gets in the brawl wat his voce be like? like a lil kid or sumthin?
for classic I think his megaman 8 voice would work, but they could do something a little better.
yea, if you played mm maverick hunter x on the psp they had real voice actors and it sounded great like it should, for a game as big as brawl they would definitely have to give mega a real voice actor.
is that the voice he has in his OVA? if so than that voice is alot better that the one they game him in the normal X games.(I always imagined his voice alot older sounding than what they gave him in X4-6)
I redid his moveset! It's only B moves, though.
Kudos to whomever can guess what the costume colors are based off of.

Whoops, thought somebody posted by now... >>
I think his ^B should have a recovery effect, cause the only reason another characters move doesnt is because of how high they get by jumping already.

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
I redid his moveset! It's only B moves, though.

Kudos to whomever can guess what the costume colors are based off of.

Whoops, thought somebody posted by now... >>
Normal
Bass
Protoman
Quint
Enker
Cutman's Master Weapon

Your moveset isn't bad and your ideas for taunts are somewhat original.

Top Bottom