• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
I don't think X should get in just because he hasn't been in a fighting game before.
I didnt say that was the only reason he should get in, I was saying that this would be a good way of incorperateing him into one since all of the other forms have already been in one.

also I am now playing megaman 2 emulater, I can honestly say this is great fun. I am so glad I loaded these games!

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
I don't really like Megaman at all....so no
why dont you like him/them?!?!?!?! megaman(all forms except star force and BN) are /is awsome! please back up what you are saying with some reasons why. like I think megaman is awsome just for the fact that his games are great action/platformers. so what are youre reasons for saying this horrible thing?

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
What the **** is up with Sigma.

"The baddle haz jusd begunn"
The way he was in X6, it's like the programmers and translators were infected with the maverick virus, lol... i swear, when i saw these, i thought Sigma was gonna break down into leet speak, lmao

Cless

Smash Champion
The Yellow Devil isn't even that hard. His parts always follow the same pattern. It just requires good jumping skills.

Stop feeding the troll people.

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
Hm, I think that the Yellow Devil from MM1 was the hardest boss in the classic series. I got goosebumps as I saw him reappear in Mega Man 3 and was like "Oh, ****! You again??? :urg:" Man, these games were great...Mega Man, please be in Brawl!

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
Is anyone else crazy or desperate enough to hope for a double or triple whammy newcomer update on Christmas? Three newcomers (one of which being Megaman of course), would be a good way to compensate for this inane character drought. Sure we didn't get much on Halloween, but Saki on Thanksgiving was kinda cool right? Besides Christmas is the time of giving, and it's about time Sakurai gave us something awesome. :(

Yeah, hoping for 2 or 3 newcomers on Christmas day isn't the smartest thing, we'll probably end up with something like "Trading Trophies Online" or "Changing Languages". :rolleyes:

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
Is anyone else crazy or desperate enough to hope for a double or triple whammy newcomer update on Christmas? Three newcomers (one of which being Megaman of course), would be a good way to compensate for this inane character drought. Sure we didn't get much on Halloween, but Saki on Thanksgiving was kinda cool right? Besides Christmas is the time of giving, and it's about time Sakurai gave us something awesome. :(

Yeah, hoping for 2 or 3 newcomers on Christmas day isn't the smartest thing, we'll probably end up with something like "Trading Trophies Online" or "Changing Languages". :rolleyes:
I am just going to hope for 1 character update, and I would be happy if we got any new comer or even a veteran. its been too long without one. but I am hopeing even more so for a megaman character update.(please X or X/Zero team up, and if neither of those classic)
the classic megaman games are really challenging

BTW they have awsome music
I love their music too, but I wouldnt say the levels are so much difficult as they are memorizing.

hunter-x

Smash Apprentice
mm4 is pretty fun since i love charge shots and thats all i use. play that one its really good

Stryks

Smash Hero
Wait so ur saying if a robot got in it screws another robots chances?... gte out...
by ur logic adding another human will kill luigis chances of returning...

Stryks

Smash Hero
Umm isnt:
X>Y and Y<X the same >.>...

seriously by ur logic kirby was killing metaknights and is killing jigglys chances, snake is killing falcons chances because theyre big human dudes...

its ******** to think that, Custom robo is a great series, and I bet we wil get Ray 01 in there, but seriously saying ray 01 kills megamans chancs and viceversa is stupid and ********...

U FAIL HAVE A NICE DAY

Zorya

Smash Ace
No seriously, Ray's 1st party, Megaman isnt, ..Ray Mk III deserves a spot WAAAAAAAAAY more than your blue fiend!

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
If Megaman makes it, what does that mean for Ray Mark III?
Megaman doesn't hinder Ray's chances, though personally I don't think Ray will be anything more than an AT. If the "Sakurai's Poll" topic is accurate, he didn't get any more than a single mention. And characters with one or none mentions (Sonic and PT aside) usually end up as Assist Trophies. That's my take on it, anyway.

burrito

Smash Lord
I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but I'm going to go ahead and say it. I was listening to the bionic commando podcast (you can find it here: http://bioniccommando.com/en) where they had Keiji Inafune on, where fans asked him questions. One of the questions asked was if Megaman would be in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Inafune said that he loves super smash bros., but claims that he hasn't been approached by Nintendo yet. This doesn't look good for Megaman, if what he said was true. I doubt Nintendo will add Megaman in last minute.

Although it is possible that Megaman is in Brawl and that Inafune was covering it up.

Stryks

Smash Hero
No seriously, Ray's 1st party, Megaman isnt, ..Ray Mk III deserves a spot WAAAAAAAAAY more than your blue fiend!
Ok lets look at the facts:
megaman is the most wanted 3rd party character
There is one 3rd spot left
megaman games were part of the NES era and helped boost sales
megaman is iconic in the videogame world
megaman games revolutionized (in a small way, but it did) in videogaming

ray:
his games have gotten poor in sales in america (smash is a game for the whole world - sakurai)
he isnt iconic
not that popular
hes from a not-so-succesful series...

also by ur logic, a goomba is more important than sonic, because goomba is 1st party and sonic isnt, now Uve failed twice, do u REALLY want to continue?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but I'm going to go ahead and say it. I was listening to the bionic commando podcast (you can find it here: http://bioniccommando.com/en) where they had Keiji Inafune on, where fans asked him questions. One of the questions asked was if Megaman would be in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Inafune said that he loves super smash bros., but claims that he hasn't been approached by Nintendo yet. This doesn't look good for Megaman, if what he said was true. I doubt Nintendo will add Megaman in last minute.

Although it is possible that Megaman is in Brawl and that Inafune was covering it up.
Guys, I think this is more important than flaming a troll...

Zorya

Smash Ace
^^Yes, I do...Ray Mk III is still 1st party regardless of his franchise sales...MORE PRIORITY than some
3rd party jackoff!! Ray being a playable in Smash could boost his popularity and make way for more successful Custom Robo titles.

Oh yea, Goomba isnt a main character isnt he? YEA, just wanted to point that out..

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace

0.0 OH Crap!!! if that's true then that really does hurt. Not that I'm abandoning hope completely just yet, but WOAH!!

Grr... I can't stream it. This the kind of thing that'll make me lose a bit of hope. I hate to say this, but MM's chances just got grim.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
...On the other hand...

The Sonic people said him in Brawl was "Not in the cards"...

burrito

Smash Lord
Yeah, hopefully Inafune is just messing with us. What is ironic is that Inafune was completely for Megaman being in Brawl, he just claimed that he hadn't been contacted. So, if Megaman doesn't make it, we will be forced to think on what could have been.

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
...On the other hand...

The Sonic people said him in Brawl was "Not in the cards"...
Yeah, but that simply meant "that's not for discussion right now". Also that came from guys who weren't involved with decison making of Sonic in Brawl. This coming from Mr.Megaman himself, and " haven't been approached by Nintendo" means they haven't approached Nintendo.

However, I refuse to give up hope just yet as that could easily be a blatant lie to cover up and avoid info. That or Megaman's character model is in development and Nintendo plans to approach Capcom for permission to use Megaman when said model is complete.

Top Bottom