• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Mario Discussion Thread

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Mmm I don't think I ever used Mario..

One of my friends used Dr. M and made his name "Dr. M" since his last name starts with an M also.

If I had Melee I would play so I could give some opinions etc. But I have no one to play against thats any good so I can't be any good.

But I think it will suprise me if I play him, might go with the party :p

I enjoy using the less used characters and making them good in my way since its fun and challenging.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
First to say it...

Crazy Mario update today. It appeared like he had all of his old specials, but oh how we were wrong...Apparently his Mario tornado is returning in a different form, though. Who knows what this entails for other character's movesets...

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I wonder if his Side B will remain the same?

The fact that it does no damage whatsoever is really odd, I don't know what to think of it...

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't like the FLUDD...

I don't know if Mario will be any good now...

Xaron Fisk

Smash Journeyman
^ exactly silver. Not only that, but the fact that you can charge it while shielding tells me this could also be a brilliant defensive move, depending how quick it operates. I like the Fludd...for now.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
If Luigi gets one move using the Poltergeist 3000, and it isn't a useless attack or something like that, I don't see a problem with it.

Luigi needs to change... There's so much potential! But that's off topic here... XD

Has anybody seen him use his Side B move from Melee? I'm wondering if it's coming back, or if Sakurai has something better in mind.

Eagle

Smash Lord
Mario + FLUDD

Luigi + Polterheist 300

I LOVE it!!!!

This would make Mario and Luigi very different.

Luigi would pull towards, Mario pushes back. I'm all for it!

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think this practically confirmes Luigi...

But I think the differences aren't that different

It will stop the FLUDD posts though

Pokebrawl

Smash Journeyman
Methinks Mario + Fludd = Luigi + Polterheist 3000. It sucks! Quite literally.
Thats what I'm thinking as well. Polterheist could suck thim in instead of blow, and be good for recoveries (of his own). Would make him more declone. Also redifines that fact that when bowser jr. is in he'll use paintbrush.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I was thinking they might add Bowser Jr. now because of this as well...

MageNinja

Smash Cadet
If Luigi gets one move using the Poltergeist 3000, and it isn't a useless attack or something like that, I don't see a problem with it.

Luigi needs to change... There's so much potential! But that's off topic here... XD

Has anybody seen him use his Side B move from Melee? I'm wondering if it's coming back, or if Sakurai has something better in mind.
I guess that will be his new Side Special move, with revelance to the 'Side Specials sends powerful attacks to where you tilt the stick.

Fawriel

Smash Master
I shudder to think of the Luigi correlation... but oh well, one move being the Polterthingy seems acceptable, I guess.

I wonder what the knockback of the FLUDD will be like... and whether it actually stuns opponents... if it's like the cape in a way, Mario just got high-tier'd.

VilNess

Smash Champion
Yeah, this fludd is good news. Seems like a nice edgeguard trick, especially to interrupt 2nd jumps, Foxs side B (if its the same as in Melee) etc.

mario FTW :D

ArticulateT

Smash Journeyman
hope so. the idea of the FLUDD seems to have potential. it does say that it will knock opponents far. if that's at 0%, then it would be like a 1-hit KO if the enemy was on 100%. think of it like a falcon punch :)

Pieman0920

Smash Master
F.L.U.D.D~! :O

Oh wow, I didn't think that it would make an apperance, or maybe just an item, but this is freaky. Every presumption that we've made about what special attacks are in the game are thrown out the window, unless specifically stated I guess.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Judging by how it appeared in the trailers, it might be a better combo move than the current dair.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Genius. Utter and complete genius.

I haven't mained Mario since the N64 days (I'm a Doc player now) but after today's update, I'm looking forward to returning to my plumber roots. FLUDD FTW!!!

Geez, only 5 pages? The father of videogaming deserves better.

Scissors Sir

Smash Ace
I dunno...

Call me crazy but...

Isn't it possible that he uses f.l.u.d.d. On the ground and a mario tornado when he does down+b in the air??

If u look at it being used in the trailer u see mario doin his tornado airborne.

And in all of the pictures they show f.l.u.d.d. Being used on the ground. They even went further by saying u can charge it while shielding.

I don't think you'll be able to use it airborne for the simple fact u can charge it

That would be like the ultimate anti-air to any character trying to approach with an aerial.

I doubt sakurai would do that.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
I think his tornado will be his down A seeing as he uses it in the air and Sakurai said in the update its one of his normal moves.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
updated the first page to include this information. and now i can give my personal opinion on this, using mario as my main since the original

i honestly don't like this. his mario tornado helped make what mario is. now it's replaced by water that can't even hurt. i really don't know what to say. i was freaked out, until the end where they showed the mario tornado and it gave me relief (yes i know it was shown in the trailers, but when you're main is being showcased a new move, you get worried)

my opinion, i think he'll have two down b attacks. if used on the ground, it will be FLUDD. if used in the air, it will be his tornado, and i can live with that because i usually only used the tornado in the air. if like this, it will add a new gameplay aspect i'll have to get used to, but at least he'll have a cool edge guarding technique. and as long as i can still use the tornado, i'll be fine

Top Bottom