• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Luigi in Brawl Topic (CONFIRMED! Pictures inside!)

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Luigi does not need his own icon. Luigi only has one real game by himself... and it's still centered around Mario...

Like Yoshi, I don't understand why he has his own icon.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Luigi does not need his own icon. Luigi only has one real game by himself... and it's still centered around Mario...

Like Yoshi, I don't understand why he has his own icon.
He still has his own series, Yoshi's Island 1&2, Yoshi's story, etc.

Tails for brawl

Smash Ace
well it's just a thought i mean you never know i was just saying that cuz there is way to many in the mario series and lots of people are in the mario series

how did DK get in the mario games

Sir Fudge

Smash Rookie
He should be in Brawl, and if not... my older brother is gonna' let loose his anger on me :( !

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
He still has his own series, Yoshi's Island 1&2, Yoshi's story, etc.
Yoshi's Story was the only game where he really separated himself from Mario, and still it had Shy Guys and other Mario enemies if I remember correctly.

Logically, they are the Super Mario Bros? Why would we question him being separated from Mario? They should share the same symbol.
Anywho, the only topic not really covered is Luigi's final smash. A lot of other ideas that have been posted have either been all too mighty or kind of... special. So post final smashes that seem fair of sorts.
*flys away*

Tails for brawl

Smash Ace
Logically, they are the Super Mario Bros? Why would we question him being separated from Mario? They should share the same symbol.
Anywho, the only topic not really covered is Luigi's final smash. A lot of other ideas that have been posted have either been all too mighty or kind of... special. So post final smashes that seem fair of sorts.
*flys away*

due to wario having wario man, I kinda doubt it.

this is a even bigger stretch, but what if luigi created a storm as a final smash?
bear with me on this one, luigi pulls out his vacuume and turns it on high.
it creates a tornado.
then he shoots lightning at the sky creating a storm cloud over the tornado.
now there is a thunder cloud randomly shooting lightning and a tornado similar to that on the link stage in the first smash brothers, but bigger.

the only effect this has on luigi is him being pulled slowly twards the tornado, he cant get sucked into it.

everyone else is pulled harder on by the tornado than luigi, it can suck them up.

I know its REALY out there, but you have to admit, it is original and cool.

well i really liked this one it's not to good and it's not to bad
but it is bad @$$

courte

Smash Lord
OK i come to you, just as insane as the first time!!

Anyone remember the hand powers in Mario & Luigi SuperStar Saga?? What if Luigi's thunder hands made some effect on some of his moves?? I'm not going to suggest changing the lovely fireball to a horizontal thunderball but... hey i know I'D like it better... ok start flaming me... now

but you gotta admit after reading about mario's F.L.U.D.D. It would be better than the Poultergust w/e

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I'm thinking changing his fireball move is something that's really needed. It doesn't set him apart from Mario at all, and the thunderhand move is a great replacement.

Tails for brawl

Smash Ace
OK i come to you, just as insane as the first time!!

Anyone remember the hand powers in Mario & Luigi SuperStar Saga?? What if Luigi's thunder hands made some effect on some of his moves?? I'm not going to suggest changing the lovely fireball to a horizontal thunderball but... hey i know I'D like it better... ok start flaming me... now

but you gotta admit after reading about mario's F.L.U.D.D. It would be better than the Poultergust w/e
your not to be flamed by me i think that idea could really work the green fireball thing is cool but Luigi needs more potential and that will give him some

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Nice. I like A LOT.

Out of my three mains, Marth, Jigglypuff, and Luigi, Luigi is my most used character. There is no reason for him NOT to be in Brawl.

I didn't like the idea at first, but seeing as Mario got FLUDD, we may see the Poltergeist 3000 appear, although I'm still not to fond of it, I'd be able to stomach it at least.

JJJ.Brawler

Smash Ace
Sadly, what usually happens in Mario games is that Mario and Luigi's special moves are very alike.

Take Mario Strikers charged for example: both of the 'Super-Poweered Captain Power-Up' item things for Mario and Luigi are the same, they both get big.

SO, my point is..Luigi might (sadly) end up getting the same FS as Mario, only Green. :ohwell:

PS: I am not saying I am in favour of this idea, it's just very likely it will happen.
But Sakurai said he was trying to not involve clonism, o maybe not. Who knows? :lick:

matthewmilad

Smash Journeyman
Blargh blargh blargh CLONES BLARGH BLARGH.
Stoopid noobs, whining about "clones".
Luigi and Mario are nothing alike. All games have "clones".
I swear, I don't think anyone would whine about "clones" if it weren't for Ganon/Falcon's shared moveset, and if Doc wasn't a little similar to Mario.

No two characters in the game play the same; the 2 that come the closest are Doc and Mario.
No one else comes close. So no, Luigi is fine. If anything, he needs some buffs though 'cause he just lost his wavedash. He's garbage without it.

Oh and his Final Smash should be like Mario's. And don't even try whining. N00bs.

courte

Smash Lord
thunder hands for the WIIn!!

poltergiest for the mediocre replacement!! :chuckle:

Tails for brawl

Smash Ace
Off Topic : hey dose anyone have mario and sonic at the olympic games if yes i could really use some help with something

LUIGI 4 BRAWL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ryudo_Sama

Smash Ace
Yeah, give Luigi poltergiest 3000, and electrical moves. I'd love to see how the man in green looks like this time around.

SlashMolder

Smash Apprentice
I know this has been posted a lot before but replace fireballs with thunder hand (from M&L:SSS) and the Poltergeist could be used for his tilts (from LM). I think Luigi will be less of a clone but he has to be a clone still somewhat. Also misfiring on command would be awesome!

courte

Smash Lord
Luigi as the Kung Fu Master, Ghost Catching, Thunder Busting Side Kick...

THUNDER FIST!!

...only in brawl!! Personally i'm not to keen on the vacuum, but thats only because of my opinion of how weak mario's implementation of fludd appears to have turned out

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
yeah, adding the vaccum makes him more of a clone
Only if it's Down B. I acually see Vacuum being his Standard B. He should keep the Tornado move as his Down B. This will eliminate 2 of his cloned moves (The fireballs and Vacuum being a Fludd clone), and therefore the only similar move he would have would be the Super Jump Punch. Vacuum will save Luigi IMO.

courte

Smash Lord
i;m telling you guys thunder, thunder fire balls or just a thunder palm/stab luigi is all about the shocking

courte

Smash Lord
Thunder Soccer Ball Kick??
Sakurai: LUIGI GOT THE SMA-- Soccer bawl??! Luigi just happened to be wearing his charged soccer uniform underneath... and he was hiding a ball under his hat... what a weirdo.

i could see it now

Bishop_S

Smash Cadet
Alright, I'm new to the forums; it's sort of acting up on me (slowing down, crashing and stuff like that) so I'm not able to see if this has been said before...

But what if Luigi's smash moves are sort of like this:

Standard special: Green Fireball or Thunder Fist (haven't plays Mario & Luigi, so I'm not quite sure if Thunder Fist is meant to be equivalent or more powerful.)
Up Special: Super Jump Punch (The same one from Melee or 64... 1% damage or 25% damage)
Side Special Move: Maybe the Green Missile or something...
Down Special: Now this move is where the Vacuum comes in... Luigi equips himself with the Vacuum... (Sort of like Zelda transforming into Sheik: it opens up a new move set for up, standard and forward)

Sorry the reason I never played Melee was because I never got a GameCube... so I won't be able to come up with his vacuum move set...
Up Special: Something that could use the vacuum to send Luigi in the air..
Standard Special: Don't know... Sorry
Side Special: Unsure of this as well
Down Special: Puts the Vacuum away.

Also all the other moves, Aerial, and Throws could be affected by Luigi having the Vacuum or not.

Folt

Smash Ace
I just want Luigi to be a better quality character than he was in Melee. I'd like to see him in
mid tier at least. I also want his neutral and down special to be changed, and that his up
special will go a bit more horizontally than in melee.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
'Tis an exciting day for us Luigi fans. He's in. ^_^

smash_crash

Smash Rookie
'Tis an exciting day for us Luigi fans. He's in. ^_^
Yes, it definitely is. Luigi was my main in Melee, so I'm super happy he's in! :laugh:

If it hasn't been posted somwhere before, does anyone know how to unlock him? I'd like to continue my tradition of unlocking Luigi first (if possible).

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I don't really understand exactly at this point.

Does anybody know if he has been modified at all? I see he's got a personality in the way he moves (I really like that! ^_^) but as far as his moveset is concerned I haven't seen anything confirming or deconfirming it's any different.

RicanThunder

Smash Cadet
Luigi is hilarious. His moves are pretty much the same thing as melee with some good tweaks. Cannot wait to play as him.

Tube

Smash Rookie
the whole clone thing is getting ridiculous. They are brothers, so they are going to be somewhat the same, but not clone indeed. I believe a clone is an exact replica of the original copy, luigi does have some of the same moves as mario, but he still has his own style, which makes me play him more than mario.

Magnacor

Smash Ace
IMO, the only clones in Brawl are Fox/Falco, and Captain Falcon/Ganondorf, and even those are a lot less clones than they were in Melee.
Honestly, I wouldn't even call them clones. I think that they have finally changed all of the clone-ish characters enough to make us stop refering to them as clones. They have the same animations, but their attacks don't work the same at all any more... Except the Landmasters. :mad:

SonicMario

Smash Master
Actually the Landmasters are still different. Fox is balenced, Falco has the faster but less powerful one, Wolf is the slowest but the most powerful.

Potato Keyboard

Smash Cadet
I agree that since they are brothers they are going to be somewhat the same. Well, they have been somewhat the same. By somewhat the same I mean that (in Melee) their normal, up, and down b attacks are the same, and a lot of other smash attacks are the same along with some airs. Of course Luigi had a lot of complete differences.

I think this is a good thing in a way, because I myself main Luigi which in Melee means that I am also deccent with Mario because he is the same in certain ways. Even though I hardly use Mario, I'm good with him because of the similarities.

Top Bottom