• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Lucas Chat Room! Everything Lucas!

prOAPC

Smash Lord
today, i realised that footstool owns Lucas :(
after some weeks, i play again with my friend K1000o, Marth mainer, with a totally different playstyle, and he ***** me :(
he's uploading a best of 3 match, i'll share them with you, but meh, i had a lot of mistakes T_T

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
^^^
Learn how to adjust for blastzones and it shouldn't be that bad.

prOAPC

Smash Lord
^^^
Learn how to adjust for blastzones and it shouldn't be that bad.
what's blastzones?
it wasn't THAT bad, is just that in one fight, he kill me with a 0-dead kill at the beginning of the match, just because my mistake, the other one, i miss my PKT3 recovery, that would happen in a normal situation (i was having problems with my gf)... however, no jhons

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
at the edges of the screens just before you go into the little bubble there are blastzones which pull you downward slightly faster than you normally would fall while doing PKT2. They can also alter the trajectory of PKT2. If you learn how to adjust for them by looping lower to hit yourself upward, you can recover from basically anywhere on the map that you could possibly end up. It's extremely handy for when you end up very low and close to the stage. You won't be able to see your thunder so you just have to know that you have to alter the timing.

Trozz

Smash Ace
I use PKT2 under Delfino to be a stage shark (launching horizontallyish).
Viable or cheese tactic? You decide!

prOAPC

Smash Lord
one of my favorites stages is the MK's space ship (i forgot the name lol) and i like to do the same, if i know they're going to dodge the attack, then i aim to the platform or the other edge, going under the stage ftw!

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Good grief, low tier? Ness too?

Dammit Brawl, if Lucario wasn't placed so highly I'd go back to Pokemon!

Ness and Lucas are better than that, surely.

Trozz

Smash Ace
If that's the case, then it's the fault of the players for not knowing how to deal with the high-tiers.

prOAPC

Smash Lord
last saturday i had a lot of matches :D
i played really good, and i want to share my experience
nair to nair to nair if really good! i could chain like 3 or more nairs in a row, then following with a tilt or a smash
marth's chain grab is not that bad (i'd say it sucks), my friend try to do it angaist me and i just rotate the stick/button smash and i get off really fast, after like 5 grabs, i made an air release, and those 5 grabs only did like 15% the next fights, he preferd to use his fthrow
i love jab cancel combos, you just have to know how your opponents react. I mean, some likes to shield, others like to attack, and other to shield grab. For example, for those who shield, grab, for those who attack, a lot of dtilts or jab-jab-dtilt-jab-jab-dtilt... and the shield grabbers (Marths), mindgames, make they think that your jab combo finish with one dtilt, wait a little, then Fsmash (dtilt pushes Marth off his standing grab range)
thundersliding catches people off guard, learn to use it in all stages, including FD
my friend uploaded some matches from that day (i lost all of them lol), you can watch them in the new video compendium, but hey, don't think i suck, those are just few matches where i suck (trust me, i play really good that day, my friend save the rest of the fights for an upcoming combo video)

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
lol yeah grab release chaingrab is that bad if the marth player knows how to do it right. You should NEVER be able to jump release if he's grab attacking at the right speed. This equals racked up damage to Fsmash everytime. If it doesn't, it's just because your opponent messed it up. Uneven ground or hazards are the only real way out.

prOAPC

Smash Lord
your jab combo comes faster than Marth's fsmash after a grab release, and the first jab can stop the sword. What i can't dodge, is grab release+dancing blades

0kin

Smash Journeyman
k, i found out something awesome that all Lucas mains should take advantage of. On Smashville, the moving platform, jump on it while its moving toward the stage and use downsmash. It is a great approach and at 0 percent can send a character all the way to 44% because while the Lucas' down smash is going on, the platform will be moving making people get hit by 2 even ALL 3 of his hexagon blast things. Ive tried this on excellent players like g-reg and hova so yes it works, any1 who tries to jump at you while youre doing this is eternally screwed, go ahead and give it a try.

prOAPC

Smash Lord
k, i found out something awesome that all Lucas mains should take advantage of. On Smashville, the moving platform, jump on it while its moving toward the stage and use downsmash. It is a great approach and at 0 percent can send a character all the way to 44% because while the Lucas' down smash is going on, the platform will be moving making people get hit by 2 even ALL 3 of his hexagon blast things. Ive tried this on excellent players like g-reg and hova so yes it works, any1 who tries to jump at you while youre doing this is eternally screwed, go ahead and give it a try.
old... i've been doing it for a quite long time, and not always work, like in this fight at 1:02

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
Hellooo!

How goes the Toon Link Boards? For some reason I do badly against Toon Link as Lucas... :ohwell: When I get back to Jacksonville, I should get back to practicing 1 vs. 1 battles.

ChaosTheoryX

Smash Lord
Hellooo!

How goes the Toon Link Boards? For some reason I do badly against Toon Link as Lucas... :ohwell: When I get back to Jacksonville, I should get back to practicing 1 vs. 1 battles.
well thats understandable. TL has a much better projectile game then lucas which forces lucas to approach, and we all know how great lucas is at approaching -_-

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Good good, very little advancement though. =P
If your going Lucas, I'd say use a lot of tilts and PK fire is always good.
Usmash his Dair.
Just basically poke at him a little and when you get close, I'd say Dsmash.
Toon Links grab sucks so he probably won't be able to do anything out or shield (especially with a Lucas Dsmash).

Hope that helps. =)

Neon Ness

Good good, very little advancement though. =P
If your going Lucas, I'd say use a lot of tilts and PK fire is always good.
Usmash his Dair.
Just basically poke at him a little and when you get close, I'd say Dsmash.
Toon Links grab sucks so he probably won't be able to do anything out or shield (especially with a Lucas Dsmash).

Hope that helps. =)
Hey, thanks! I'll keep those in mind next time I fight the Toon.

Personally, I sort of think there's little advancement in the Ness/Lucas boards, too... The Ness' Metagame Discussion thread hasn't been touched in a while...

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Hey, thanks! I'll keep those in mind next time I fight the Toon.

Personally, I sort of think there's little advancement in the Ness/Lucas boards, too... The Ness' Metagame Discussion thread hasn't been touched in a while...
Anytime.

We don't even have a metagame discussion thread.
We just sorta pick up on little things we come across and spread the word. Only the good players usually listen though. (not saying others don't)

I think were at a standstill. There must not be much left to be found. =P

Also, the Lucas zap jump is amazing. I gotta learn to do that. =)
Uhh what are the button inputs? Just down-B when you jump?

Darkwashu

Smash Ace
Anytime.

We don't even have a metagame discussion thread.
We just sorta pick up on little things we come across and spread the word. Only the good players usually listen though. (not saying others don't)

I think were at a standstill. There must not be much left to be found. =P

Also, the Lucas zap jump is amazing. I gotta learn to do that. =)
Uhh what are the button inputs? Just down-B when you jump?
Zap Jump is using PK Fire as soon as you double jump.

And I fair horribly fighting Olimars <_<

prOAPC

Smash Lord
*hopes no Marth players read this*
my friend now uses this combo: grab+release+upB it's way better than using fsmash because it's unstoppable and always hits with the tip

Neon Ness

*hopes no Marth players read this*
my friend now uses this combo: grab+release+upB it's way better than using fsmash because it's unstoppable and always hits with the tip
Meh. I don't think you have to worry about Marth players reading any of this... They're up there in the Suburbs of Top Tier with their fancy cars and grab-release combos, while us Lucas mains are combing the streets of the Low Tier Ghetto looking for food and ATs.

prOAPC

Smash Lord
why not dsmash?

as if it matters >_>
i'm not sure, but i think it doesn't work because can be stopped with a jab
and trust me, so far their upB is the best way to follow a grab-release, i've been playing Marth grabers before those "don't use in tournaments" topics. One of the first threads i created was looking for help with the grab release, and people just made fun of me, like posting "just jump", few days later a guy posted a new topic with an interesting name and then that commotion started

Darkwashu

Smash Ace
Oh okay. Coolness.

...<_< I only use the Toon. Sorry.
Trust me, I go really high, like on the Wi-Fi training room, I go so high I move off screen ;)

Well I was expecting you to use Olimar, shame on you!

Anyway, someone help me fight Olimars.:dizzy:

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Why would I use Olimar? o.O

and oh

Neon Ness

Borednesss. =D
or should I say...
boredlucas.
lawl.
jk. >_>
That joke gets the Ness Seal of Approval.

(:ness:)​

I wonder if the other character boards are as bored as we are...:ohwell: Probably looking into more grab releases and whatnot.

Top Bottom