• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Illinois / Wisconsin Brawl Power Rankings Thread! *NEW UPDATE (1-22-12)*

Arty

Smash Lord
Kirk house hype!

Also Tom, register for Apex bro. I just checked the Entrants list, and everyone that is supposed to go from IL/WI is on there but you.

MachinegunNorm

Smash Lord
how many people from illinois are going for brawl? also are there really that many people from illinois going for brawl, i mean we haven't had a real brawl tournament here for a few months. lol

Zwarm

Smash Hero
I'm entering Brawl just to have the experience of entering Apex, even though I don't play the game anymore

I don't expect to do well in any game though, I don't practice at all :/

:phone:

Scythe

Smash Master
so who all is on that thursday night flight?

we need to figure out how we are going to get to the hotels lol

Arty

Smash Lord
It looks like the best route is to take a taxi from the airport to New York Penn Station. (about 15 minutes)

Then take a train into New Jersey. I believe the stop we get off at is a few minutes from our hotel.

Ill do some more research when I get home though.

hunger!

Smash Champion
best of luck to all who are going to apex.

and trains are the best, you run into old ticket punchers that bust out a 3 minute freestyle rap. ricky and sammytown know what's up.

I'll probably see you all at your next tourney. :) ...maybe

JJROCKETS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JJROCKETS
3DS FC
5129-2280-4196
We can also ake a limo service straight to New Brunswick. I found one for $135 for 5 people = $27 each.
The train is $13, and then however much for the taxi or there is a bus too. So for a little more we can get directly to the hotels.

Also: Who all is in my hotel? Its the one that is further away but there is a shuttle service that can get us straight to the venue for free.

I think it was tentatively:

My room:
Me, Yoshq (not on Th night flight), Ook, DLA, Sago (earlier flight)?

other room (at other hotel):
Scythe, Arty, Zwarm, Red Ryu?

_Kain_

Smash Champion
Sago is on the same flight as me, were flying into the same airport, and were prolly gonna be taking public trans since its early. I have housing though so I won't need a room, thanks alot though for looking out

Also wtf is DLA trolling or is he not gonna register for APEX?

Also lmao that ticket puncher was the most legit freestyler I've encountered in my life. He laid it down

Scythe

Smash Master
so once again who all is coming in with on our flight?

edit: oh and limo sounds amazing lol

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
I'm signed up for Apex now, no need to worry

Also. Smash plane -> Smash limo -> Smash hotel combo sounds ferocious. #HotWheels #ContinentalBreakfast

Arty

Smash Lord
So our specific flight (out of midway at 8:00pm) is

Me
Diego
Tom
JJ
Ook
Mike
Justin
Jacob

Anyone else I'm missing? If not then I guess it's manageable to take the limo, 4 people per limo ($34~ each)

JJROCKETS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JJROCKETS
3DS FC
5129-2280-4196
OK, so its actually 7 of us so that 5 for 135 deal won't work, but its gonna probably be even cheaper, I'll let you guys know soon when I get an actual price.

EDIT: if its 8 I got an 8 for $179 that will meet us at baggage claim. = ~$23 each

_Kain_

Smash Champion
Lmao if I had known you guys were flying into Laguardia I would of got in on that smash plane. FML I thought you guys were going to Newark

ook

Smash Lord
I was kind of looking forward to an adventure on the famous New York City Subway system, since I am a fan of public transportation :colorful: but a limo would be pretty hype as well.

P.S. Do one of you have an extra controller I can borrow for Apex? It would be much appreciated. :)

Scythe

Smash Master
So yeah it's looking like there willl be a smashfest at kirk's this friday! Apex practice?

JJROCKETS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JJROCKETS
3DS FC
5129-2280-4196
So we got either:
http://www.bergenlimo.com/airport-car-limo-service.html
or
http://limoride.com/index.html

The first one was $179, but then you have to add tolls and a tip (I think that should be $40 total). The second one is $250 flat fee.

So option 1 is apx. $27.5ea and option 2 is $31.25ea. From reviews online and whatnot my mom rec recommends the second one despite being a little bit more. Opinions? Also want to make sure everyone is on board for this or else it would get more expensive.

EDIT: There is also another one that was pretty cheap, but the website looked like it was made on geocities or something lmao

Top Bottom