• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Illinois / Wisconsin Brawl Power Rankings Thread! *NEW UPDATE (1-22-12)*

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
That's because DK is so much better than that half of the cast, so they needed something to balance him.
Lol that's funny because he is better than pretty much exactly half the cast

Quik17

Smash Ace
It's on facebook. School project from like 4 years ago. Get ready to see a lot of people you don't know dancing :laugh:

SpongeJordan

Smash Lord
Brawl and Melee are completely different games.

I enjoy the games as well as the communities, though sometimes both end up annoying me.

Seriously though, if someone plays Brawl, just saying Melee is better isn't going to make them go "oh, i guess you're right." AT LEAST give em a decent argument.

Akashi

Smash Lord
Lol that .gif... I gotta get DLA to show me it when he comes over tomorrow.

Also I <3 Brawl, and I <3 all the other smash games. Deez just likes to deal in absolutes (like always), and he either does it for trolling purposes or he actually thinks that way. Either way, nobody agrees with him regardless.

Tbh though, I won't lie and say the whole vBrawl bashing isn't annoying at times. I remember trying to play B+ and there were players making fun of me because my Snake was so slow. They were making snide comments like, "lawl you need skill to play this game" etc etc. In the end B+ wasn't for me because I just didn't enjoy the overall feel of it (not saying it was a bad game, just not my preference), but it didn't help I was being slandered the entire way through.

Melee and Brawl shouldn't have two communities, but it does :/. And when there's two communities, there'll be pride battles. I'm like Ook, and I'll just hug it out ;D.

gameandwatch 4 Lyfe

Smash Journeyman
No brawl sucks. I bash it solely for that purpose.
It's a game that requires virtually no tech skill, so matches become a chess match... Except chess is more fun to watch because you can't just camp and hide behind stupid gay tactics as easily.
You just need to space in brawl. That's it. Space and chip away. Hit and run.
Why am I bothering with you guys? You all fit into my category A...
IL is trash. I'm making a comeback just to embarass all of you in this ****ty game that I hate.
I'll retire as #1 in IL and go out in a blaze of brawl hating glory. As cpt falcon nonetheless

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
It's a game that requires virtually no tech skill, so matches become a chess match... Except chess is more fun to watch because you can't just camp and hide behind stupid gay tactics as easily.
IL is trash. I'm making a comeback just to embarass all of you in this ****ty game that I hate.
I'll retire as #1 in IL and go out in a blaze of brawl hating glory. As cpt falcon nonetheless
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_n5E7feJHw0

TheStig

Smash Lord

SpongeJordan

Smash Lord
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvdf5n-zI14

Someone should tell Deez that Zozefup has his password and is posting on his account.
I haven't seen Zoze rage THAT hard before whilst trolling, but maybe he was just raging IRL, or something.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
I will beat you in every game. ***** please.
Someone should tell Deez that Zozefup has his password and is posting on his account.
Zing Arty. I couldn't have come up with something better myself.

Zozefup

Smash Lord
MK dittos are not boring. They are not slow paced, they are not campy, you cannot just spam B, you cannot time MK out, they are awesome.

There are a hand full of other match ups in brawl that are pretty cool too. But many characters turn the game into a camp fest.

So in conclusion, everyone play MK and make brawl fun again.

(and I went to 40+ melee tournaments across the US, and I like Brawl a lot better. Mainly because of MK though)

hunger!

Smash Champion
zoze come to chicago area so i can beat you with any character in the game

i like melee more because as a whole, it's a way better game and the community is better.

they're both very solid games though. brawl has some ******** mechanics like tripping and grab super armor but w/e. brawl doubles are the best imo, which is why my main game is brawl

Oro?!

Smash Hero
4 things that make Melee ********.
1) Fox's Shine has set knockback and is the only thing in the game that has guaranteed setups
2)Falco's shine is the only thing in the game with guaranteed comboes
3)Sheik
4)Marth's Grab

Oro?!

Smash Hero
MK dittos are not boring. They are not slow paced, they are not campy, you cannot just spam B, you cannot time MK out, they are awesome.

There are a hand full of other match ups in brawl that are pretty cool too. But many characters turn the game into a camp fest.

So in conclusion, everyone play MK and make brawl fun again.

(and I went to 40+ melee tournaments across the US, and I like Brawl a lot better. Mainly because of MK though)
So I'm guessing you are good at Melee then Zose? If you tell me you can't play the game at a high level however, then you have no room to judge.

Pete434

Smash Cadet
I agree with Shiek part. Without Shiek, Melee would of been so good.

Edit: Melee Sheik is worse than MK imo

Zozefup

Smash Lord
So I'm guessing you are good at Melee then Zose? If you tell me you can't play the game at a high level however, then you have no room to judge.
Cactuar got 2nd next to M2K at this 60 person tournament. He won teams with M2K too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VueYDMyimYI

I've beaten Tink in a MM. I've beat Deku in a tournament set. I've taken games off Viperboy and Dope in tournament. If there were 60 melee entrants, I would usually place about 30.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
O yeah, I remember whoopin up on your Samus at Kirk's the one time you went. Another reason you hate Melee, you play Samus lmao.

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXiaQJAvoVM&feature=related
When I played Darkrain I felt like that too lmao. Just happy I took stocks in dittoes.

Plus I don't like judging people based on how they do against Cactus. He is the master of sandbag since Isai doesn't play as much anymore.

Zozefup

Smash Lord
O yeah, I remember whoopin up on your Samus at Kirk's the one time you went.
lol yeah. I'm so bad at melee now. I feel like a ****** when I play. I can't super wave dash at all anymore, and even struggle with things like wave dashing in and out of shield or wave dashing into uptilts.

chewyy

Smash Ace
KFC's new "sandwich", the double down:

bacon, two kinds of cheese, and the colonel's special sauce sandwhiched between two fried chicken patties...

Disgusting? or delicious?!

Discuss.

Top Bottom