• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
If you don't save before Yaridovich's battle, he can smack you around. Because that battle comes after King Calimari and Johnny Jones in the Sunken Ship. And if you don't take a save somewhere, Yaridovich will give you trouble.

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
smrpg is probly my fourth favorite game of all time, after metal gear solid,ff6 and lttp, other games in my top 10 would be mario64,Oot,ff7,melee....
but ya smrpg is just one of those once in a lifetime games where two major franchises, came togethet to make an icredibly good game

i opened a fortune cookie today that said geno was playable in brawl.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I actually just learned how to time hit with the star shot recently...Geno's attack was a lot more powerful now that I was doing it right

Machspeed

Smash Lord
I actually just learned how to time hit with the star shot recently...Geno's attack was a lot more powerful now that I was doing it right
Yeah, I messed up too the first times I tried using it.
Was still adjusted to the "Finger Shot" timing and the one where the pellets come out of his elbow. As the gun is coming out, is when you hit the attack button on the Star Shot.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Quick question... is there a way to increase the power with that special where you have to hold "Y" other than doing that? I mean, it just seems too darn easy. I thought about that for 11 years!

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
So there are still people that held the button till it went back to one star eh?
heh....i'm one of those people. i didn't realize that you lost power by holding the button too long until i scanned some of the SMPRG instruction booklet and player's guide into this thread and actually read the description of Geno Beam. then i went and played the game again, and Geno Beam, Blast, and Flash kicked so much more ***.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
heh....i'm one of those people. i didn't realize that you lost power by holding the button too long until i scanned some of the SMPRG instruction booklet and player's guide into this thread and actually read the description of Geno Beam. then i went and played the game again, and Geno Beam, Blast, and Flash kicked so much more ***.
Huh. That answers my question...

Anonymousity

Smash Cadet
On the topic of Geno pictures, does anyone have a larger version of the Geno in these sigs:

Because THAT is about a perfect representation of Geno for Brawl. Nice and shiny.

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
On the topic of Geno pictures, does anyone have a larger version of the Geno in these sigs:

Because THAT is about a perfect representation of Geno for Brawl. Nice and shiny.

the only thing that bugs me about it is that the cape is too short.

...and fabric shouldn't be shiny, but w/e.

pcamtz

Smash Apprentice

so, I guess you like my signature, huh? :embarrass

the other one is already posted ;)

Wyro

Smash Rookie
Let me Break the arguements, and let me just say, GENO FOR BRAWL, W0000!!

Anyways, I only see one other stupid conflict that wasn't mentionted on page one, everyone says he's stupid, just because he's JUST a "DOLL". You try playing SMRPG before insulting him again. He's bieng possesed by a flippin star, almost godlike, but not really.

domriver

Smash Lord
Let me Break the arguements, and let me just say, GENO FOR BRAWL, W0000!!

Anyways, I only see one other stupid conflict that wasn't mentionted on page one, everyone says he's stupid, just because he's JUST a "DOLL". You try playing SMRPG before insulting him again. He's bieng possesed by a flippin star, almost godlike, but not really.
He isn't just a DOLL he is a Possessed Doll. Who shoots stars! :D

Anonymousity

Smash Cadet
Imagine how Geno could be introduced in the SSE.

Ideally, I'd like to see it something like this. Mario finds himself in a forest (by falling from the sky, being ditched, you know. somehow.) Through video, he looks around, confused and lost in some spooky woods, turns towards an opening, and sees Geno's figure walking away. So begins the Forest Maze level, ending with Geno and Mario taking on some Bowyer, imaginably with SSE tweaks to the original scenario in Mario RPG.

In a perfect world, anyhow.

domriver

Smash Lord

Ideally, I'd like to see it something like this. Mario finds himself in a forest (by falling from the sky, being ditched, you know. somehow.) Through video, he looks around, confused and lost in some spooky woods, turns towards an opening, and sees Geno's figure walking away. So begins the Forest Maze level, ending with Geno and Mario taking on some Bowyer, imaginably with SSE tweaks to the original scenario in Mario RPG.

Hmmm nice nice.

Rick88

Smash Journeyman
Like some other people, I imagine that in SSE, he would side with Kirby and Zelda/Peach and take on Wario mistaking him for Booster.

Talendime

Smash Ace

Or he could intervene! Just like at the beginning of the Bowyer fight in Mario RPG! His entrance was glorious.

SPP Kirby

Smash Apprentice
I am by no means trying to start anything here, or pass off false information, so if it does turn out to be false, please don't get angry with me :p

A few of my buddies here know I support Geno for brawl, and so they showed me this.

As you can see, Sqaure Enix is listed, so that could mean something. My friend who linked me to that topic also told me that it could mean a Dragon Quest character, since Chunsoft is listed and they worked on the first five Dragon Quest games.

I honestly am not familiar with the Dragon Quest games, so I am just quoting what he said.

Anyways, if it's true, it certainly is something to take note of.

If this has been mentioned already, I apologize!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I am by no means trying to start anything here, or pass off false information, so if it does turn out to be false, please don't get angry with me :p

A few of my buddies here know I support Geno for brawl, and so they showed me this.

As you can see, Sqaure Enix is listed, so that could mean something. My friend who linked me to that topic also told me that it could mean a Dragon Quest character, since Chunsoft is listed and they worked on the first five Dragon Quest games.

I honestly am not familiar with the Dragon Quest games, so I am just quoting what he said.

Anyways, if it's true, it certainly is something to take note of.

If this has been mentioned already, I apologize!
Well, I don't know if it is hard evidence, since we don't have multiple sources yet...But Square JUST may actually be in Brawl...Super Mallow may be right after all

However, hopefully this leads to Geno being playable...

Edit: Apparently, people are saying stuff about the fact it says after Square (c) 2006 that it has to do with a Square game (c) 2006...

Cless

Smash Champion
IT says at the bottom that Necrid and Banjo aren't mentioned in the book. But Necrid though? The worst character in Soul Calibur 2 though? He doesn't even represent the series well.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
Soul Calibur 2 would be best represented by Nightmare imo, so I'm guessing Necrid is just an assist trophy.

Cless

Smash Champion
I think Taki and Mitsurugi are the most popular though, and I base that on the fact that they are the only characters to appear from there in Namco X Capcom outside of Charade who is a generic enemy.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
No not really, if you guys cared to turn a page back, you'd see we're discussing scans of that Famitsu booklet.

We wouldn't give a rat's *** whether you guys stayed or were gone for good from this thread.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I just saw the scans... Do you think they are real? I noticed that the picture doesn't show the date of the copyright of the Square Enix content. Once again, a very interesting development. I am rather p*ssed that nothing Capcom will be in the game...

Machspeed

Smash Lord
I just saw the scans... Do you think they are real? I noticed that the picture doesn't show the date of the copyright of the Square Enix content. Once again, a very interesting development. I am rather p*ssed that nothing Capcom will be in the game...
Yeah but then again, Necrid?
Surely Namco would have someone FAR more important to put into an SSB game if they had the choice.
Nightmare is pretty much the symbol of Soul Calibur, if they had to choose that game.
Lloyd Irving, from the popular Tales series who would fit very well?

You have to question it a bit from the information that is there; rather hard to believe in my opinion.

Top Bottom