• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
Uh...Im getting tired, when is the Japanese leak coming? I sure hope Geno joins the Brawl vid is on the Dojo too. Too bad that IMDB isn't accurate.

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
I have to tell you guys, this whole Geno revival has really touched me =') (EWW!)

But seriously, it's amazing that Sakurai might resurrect Geno. Soon even younger fans will know of him as well. And maybe Mario RPG will finally get put out on VC. For those who have not experienced the original and best Mario RPG game ever!

IkexMarth

Smash Journeyman
I have to tell you guys, this whole Geno revival has really touched me =') (EWW!)

But seriously, it's amazing that Sakurai might resurrect Geno. Soon even younger fans will know of him as well. And maybe Mario RPG will finally get put out on VC. For those who have not experienced the original and best Mario RPG game ever!
Go to youtube, type in "Geno" in the search bar and you'll see the scene when you first meet Geno. Brought back so many memories.

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
IMDB also listed Quinton Flynn as Geno's voice actor at one point. Sites that can be edited by users shouldn't be trusted.

Anyone else hoping that Geno's playable not just for him being playable? Personally, I'm hoping for him to be playable, not only for the sake of a kickass character that needs recognition, but for the added sake of bringing SMRPG and SMRPG characters into the Marioverse mainstay.

It's hard to deny, that if Geno's playable, once he's revealed, it'd be hard for him to ever go back to being just a cult-favorite - he'd be a mainstream character from that point on, and he'd likely bring the majority of SMRPG with him whichever way he goes.

... Also, anyone else craving a Geno-centric game, featuring mainly him as the hero?

Chepe

Smash Lord
Heh, IMDb. Glad to see no one is overreacting over that bit of "evidence". Still, it did make me feel that much warmer inside lol.

Do you guys think that Geno would be revealed before JPN release if he is in? I can see another 3rd party character being released next week, then after that he will get to the rest of the unlockables starting the 31st with Luigi/Jigglypuff...

AmericanGTS

Smash Apprentice
IMDB also listed Quinton Flynn as Geno's voice actor at one point. Sites that can be edited by users shouldn't be trusted.

Anyone else hoping that Geno's playable not just for him being playable? Personally, I'm hoping for him to be playable, not only for the sake of a kickass character that needs recognition, but for the added sake of bringing SMRPG and SMRPG characters into the Marioverse mainstay.

It's hard to deny, that if Geno's playable, once he's revealed, it'd be hard for him to ever go back to being just a cult-favorite - he'd be a mainstream character from that point on, and he'd likely bring the majority of SMRPG with him whichever way he goes.

... Also, anyone else craving a Geno-centric game, featuring mainly him as the hero?
You know.. I had a really strange idea just now. If anyone recalls Lulu from Final Fantasy X (one of my favorite RPGs of all time actually), it would have been a nice easter egg to see Geno as one of the dolls she was holding. Who knows, maybe someone can photoshop a picture of that?

DarkVision

Smash Journeyman
Heh, IMDb. Glad to see no one is overreacting over that bit of "evidence". Still, it did make me feel that much warmer inside lol.

Do you guys think that Geno would be revealed before JPN release if he is in? I can see another 3rd party character being released next week, then after that he will get to the rest of the unlockables starting the 31st with Luigi/Jigglypuff...
If rapscouter is to believed...We'll get one today!!! Heh, hilarious...

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
i was thinking do we even know if any of the other ATs say anything it would be stupid for him to say sumthing as an assist trophy when i dont think we even hear his voice in smrpg, if he has a voice actor it must for like a series of grunts he makes while hes fighting

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
i was thinking do we even know if any of the other ATs say anything it would be stupid for him to say sumthing as an assist trophy when i dont think we even hear his voice in smrpg, if he has a voice actor it must for like series grunts he makes while hes fighting
We know some of the AT's have voice actors

domriver

Smash Lord
If rapscouter is to believed...We'll get one today!!! Heh, hilarious...
Today is Judgment day for Rapscouter. We shall see if the 3rd party is revealed. He said it would be this week. So today is the only day left and lets see!

On-Topic : I wouldn't trust that website as much as I want Geno for Brawl this isn't really the site to be trusting regardless that it might be correct.

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
I just want to get this out there. Quick story, so please bere with me, this is why Geno means more to being just another character in Brawl.

First and foremost, I am honored to see all of this support for Geno, I am almsot overwhelmed by it.
I bought this game on a rainy day in I believe March of '96 when I was 10 years old in Jersey. I played this game with one of my best friends, Rady, my friends and I called him that instead of his real name Radame. We'd trade the game back and forth and play it at eachother's houses, making progress back and forth. Play it together after school We made so much progress in it, getting all the way to Smithy. Just let me say this, we saw Geno's debut together and marvelled how cool he was. Anyway, here's Smithy, we tried so hard to beat him, WE JUST COULDN'T DO IT. Then later that year as we all know, Mario 64 and the N64 came out. And that's all anyone could talk about. My friend and I wondered, where was Geno? Why didn't he appear in Mario 64. Anyway, years went by, until I believe Halloween 2000(I have a good memory) we got SO CLOSE TO BEATING SMITHY. But alas, it was the final time my friend and I ever got to play Mario RPG together. Well eventually my friend and I had to go to high school and so on, we kind of went our seperate ways. I tried to stay in touch, but we never got around to play Mario RPG, and I'd never play it myself without him. I tried again a few times myself, but never could beat him. Unfortunately, my friend moved back to the Dominican Republic back in 2004, and I lost touch with him. Not even my other friend knows what he is up to these days. 2 years go by, it's Summer 2006 in August. I was at work one day, and FOR NO REASON, MARIO RPG music enters my head, and I can't get it out, I.........I have to PLAY MARIO RPG....................and beat Smithy FOR RADY! Once and for all! It was in August of that summer, I had a hell of a battle, but I would not quit, I had gone longer than when my friend and I ever played this game. I never quit, I kept up with Smithy. TO THIS DAY, I WILL NEVER FORGET the attack I used, I used Geno Star Gun on Smithy's Tank Head......................when SUDDENLY....I did it! OMG! I screamed! I called my dad down stairs I was so excited, the one Mario game I never beat, I FINALLY BEAT AFTER 10years!!! After the final credits rolled, I said..............that one's for Rady.

So you see, Geno to me isn't just some cool idea for a character in Smash Bros, Geno represents a time of work that my friend and I are awfully proud of. I am proud to see Geno fans like you guys. I hope somehow, you guys now understand how important Geno's inclusion as a playable character is to me. Thanks for reading.............and Geno 4 Rady.

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
I just want to get this out there. Quick story, so please bere with me, this is why Geno means more to being just another character in Brawl.

First and foremost, I am honored to see all of this support for Geno, I am almsot overwhelmed by it.
I bought this game on a rainy day in I believe March of '96 when I was 10 years old in Jersey. I played this game with one of my best friends, Rady, my friends and I called him that instead of his real name Radame. We'd trade the game back and forth and play it at eachother's houses, making progress back and forth. Play it together after school We made so much progress in it, getting all the way to Smithy. Just let me say this, we saw Geno's debut together and marvelled how cool he was. Anyway, here's Smithy, we tried so hard to beat him, WE JUST COULDN'T DO IT. Then later that year as we all know, Mario 64 and the N64 came out. And that's all anyone could talk about. My friend and I wondered, where was Geno? Why didn't he appear in Mario 64. Anyway, years went by, until I believe Halloween 2000(I have a good memory) we got SO CLOSE TO BEATING SMITHY. But alas, it was the final time my friend and I ever got to play Mario RPG together. Well eventually my friend and I had to go to high school and so on, we kind of went our seperate ways. I tried to stay in touch, but we never got around to play Mario RPG, and I'd never play it myself without him. I tried again a few times myself, but never could beat him. Unfortunately, my friend moved back to the Dominican Republic back in 2004, and I lost touch with him. Not even my other friend knows what he is up to these days. 2 years go by, it's Summer 2006 in August. I was at work one day, and FOR NO REASON, MARIO RPG music enters my head, and I can't get it out, I.........I have to PLAY MARIO RPG....................and beat Smithy FOR RADY! Once and for all! It was in August of that summer, I had a hell of a battle, but I would not quit, I had gone longer than when my friend and I ever played this game. I never quit, I kept up with Smithy. TO THIS DAY, I WILL NEVER FORGET the attack I used, I used Geno Star Gun on Smithy's Tank Head......................when SUDDENLY....I did it! OMG! I screamed! I called my dad down stairs I was so excited, the one Mario game I never beat, I FINALLY BEAT AFTER 10years!!! After the final credits rolled, I said..............that one's for Rady.

So you see, Geno to me isn't just some cool idea for a character in Smash Bros, Geno represents a time of work that my friend and I are awfully proud of. I am proud to see Geno fans like you guys. I hope somehow, you guys now understand how important Geno's inclusion as a playable character is to me. Thanks for reading.............and Geno 4 Rady.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Today is Judgment day for Rapscouter. We shall see if the 3rd party is revealed. He said it would be this week. So today is the only day left and lets see!

On-Topic : I wouldn't trust that website as much as I want Geno for Brawl this isn't really the site to be trusting regardless that it might be correct.
Well, he DID put 3 lies...He could just say it was another one of his admitted lies...

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
still i cant picture geno saying anything while doing one attack as an AT, he seems like the silent type that wouldnt say anything. i can only pictue him making sounds while being hit or sumthing like that. if some 0ne is credited for making one yelling sound for a geno whirl attack or sumthing thats preety stupid

Machspeed

Smash Lord
We're a good little over two weeks until we know the entire roster...
Hang in there guys, don't believe anything that doesn't hit the Dojo.

I'm sure Rapscouter will be debunked soon, as with the rest of them.

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
Yes, that is quite the icon ya got there Ken. Although, if rapscouter is right, Geno comes tomorrow on the Dojo!

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
See, THAT'S why that guy's a blatant fake. I mean, come on - three lies in each section? He's clearly just covering his ***.
Of course he is, but it also makes it so we can't have any hard evidence for a while if he is a fraud

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Uncle Kenny can you please display the whole picture of Geno thatyou have as your ICon? Its like the best Geno I have ever seen.
Thanks. =)

FireBomb made it for me. He's an administator on the site I visit the most, Martel's Forum. Unfortunately, the largest size of this picture I have on me is the 100 x 100 one but I can resize it on ImageShack if you want.

domriver

Smash Lord
See, THAT'S why that guy's a blatant fake. I mean, come on - three lies in each section? He's clearly just covering his ***.
I understand what you mean. Its just that this guys holds credibility due to his leak information for Pokemon Diamond and Pearl. So he holds somekind of ground. The whole 3 lies throws me off as well. So I don't know.

ALL I WANT IS GENO AND MEGAMAN AND KING K ROOL AND RIDLEY IN BRAWL AND ILL BE HAPPY! :grin:

Rick88

Smash Journeyman
I doubt we'll get a newcomer tonight, but if we do I'm hoping for Geno. I've also read that he has a voice actor on IMDB, I doubt this is legit, but cool if it were true. :ohwell:

Enigma14

Smash Champion
If you don't want him in because you don't like him, just say so, but don't use these rehashed arguements that have be revoked time and time again.

Got this from the Michaia thread, use this in the future

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
Nice work guys, Geno just captured the Eldin Conference Championship over at the character battle.

Top Bottom