• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Look at this likely...

Krystal being deconfirmed using this Logic isn't exactly good for Geno's chances...

Krystal was considered a "Shoe-In" with 4 votes...

I don't know if a Sticker can deconfirm anyone...

On a different note, who is the AT with the laser>

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Look at this likely...

Krystal being deconfirmed using this Logic isn't exactly good for Geno's chances...

Krystal was considered a "Shoe-In" with 4 votes...

I don't know if a Sticker can deconfirm anyone...

On a different note, who is the AT with the laser>
King Dedede(5) - CONFIRMED!
Diddy Kong(4) - CONFIRMED!
Geno(4)
Ike(4) - CONFIRMED!
Ridley(4)
Captain Olimar & Pikmin(3) - CONFIRMED!
Krystal(3)
Takamaru(3)
Windwaker Link(3)

Didn't Krystal only have 3 votes?
Anyhoo...

Saki is the one I think your referring to.

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
Srry for the double post, but I think even PCs are getting stickers. Nothing to worry about guys. Sonic's got stickers.

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
http://ultimatex64.blogspot.com/

This guy here is "leaking" Geno. He's probably just another fake, but Geno fans getting recognition, even from fakers, puts a smile on my face.

Cheer up, everyone - the US release may have been pushed back by a month, but we're still close to finding out if Geno is playable. Just a little longer, folks.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Truth, all of the "leaks" Geno's getting, reguardless of being fake is wonderful to see.

It would be amazing if he were updated this week... could you imagine a "Geno joins the Brawl" video? Curious to find out what his voice sounds like also in Brawl.

Beamblast

Smash Cadet
Do you think the Sheik update was to soften the impact of the delay? Or is Sakurai going to start updating characters every week?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Do you think the Sheik update was to soften the impact of the delay? Or is Sakurai going to start updating characters every week?
We will have to wait till next week...Shiek was a veteran on the starting roster...

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Sheik breaks the logic that people used against sheik! cant you smell the goodness?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Sheik breaks the logic that people used against sheik! cant you smell the goodness?
Well, as I posted BEFORE Sheik got confirmed and was flamed for it...

They made designs for SHeik to be in TP...so technically she was able to transform...Just never did in game

Shadow Star

Smash Apprentice
Looks like Nintendrone gets another point. He predicted Sheik as the next veteran to be confirmed AND Sheik was the next veteran on his roster. I'm trying not to believe in prophets, but ****, Nintendrone's roster is GODLY. I can't help believing in him. :p

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Looks like Nintendrone gets another point. He predicted Sheik as the next veteran to be confirmed AND Sheik was the next veteran on his roster. I'm trying not to believe in prophets, but ****, Nintendrone's roster is GODLY. I can't help believing in him. :p
RoxasXIII is the one who created it...

Nintendrone just posts ANYTHING on his site...

Don't give him ANY credit...

BTW, Roxas admitted it was fake, though it IS good (Except for lack of Clause and Sukapon...)

Shadow Star

Smash Apprentice
...OR RoxasXIII was just silenced into saying it was fake...

Though Serebii does say it's fake
Why do people still trust Serebii? Didn't he lie about having the CoroCoro information back in December? I remember someone posting a link to his post where he was acting like he knew the whole roster, but wasn't going to say anything. And then we found out NOTHING was revealed in CoroCoro. I know the guy got leaked info on Pokemon Diamond/Pearl in the past, but it's hard to believe him after a sick lie like that.

Matt Silver

Smash Journeyman
In a world where there is no Sakurai. Only Link...
Why do people still trust Serebii? Didn't he lie about having the CoroCoro information back in December? I remember someone posting a link to his post where he was acting like he knew the whole roster, but wasn't going to say anything. And then we found out NOTHING was revealed in CoroCoro. I know the guy got leaked info on Pokemon Diamond/Pearl in the past, but it's hard to believe him after a sick lie like that.
People trust him cause he's been reliable in the past. Sure that might not apply NOW, but if he's right in the end, maybe people might take him more seriously next time.

Geno for Brawl!

Cless

Smash Champion
Everyone has special move boxes on their page. This leads me to believe that Sakurai doesn't care anymore since he listed Olimar's FS.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Everyone has special move boxes on their page. This leads me to believe that Sakurai doesn't care anymore since he listed Olimar's FS.
I think Sakurai's doing that to save his time from doing Special Move updates, to give us even better updates (HOPEFULLY). Well, Shiek was actually a good update today, glad those Shiek fans finally got their wish.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Well, my theory about Shiek being shown this week was right. Last week, I predicted that Sakurai was going to unveil Shiek, Captain Falcon, whoever the Animal Crossing rep is, and Krystal before Brawl is released. Now that Sakurai has basically stopped caring about people's special moves and final smashes being shown, this seems even more realistic now. Only two weeks until Brawl comes out.

add in: It's 6 in the morning in the States? Wow... staying in contact with you guys is going to be harder then I thought...

SPP Kirby

Smash Apprentice
It's 4:35 am here :]

I wonder, since Sakurai just updated all the special move names, anyways, along with final smash names, if he will focus on the characters now and announce them all, both secret and not secret, or what :[

I'd be incredibly happy and surprised to see Geno revealed before the release :]

I'm still worried about his inclusion, but for some odd reason my friend, who is the biggest skeptic ever and thought for sure Geno would be an AT (yes, I told him about the whole trouble with getting him only to make him an AT) now thinks that Geno will be a playable character.

I know it doesn't mean anything at all (sort of), but I guess if he believes so can I :]

Matt Silver

Smash Journeyman
In a world where there is no Sakurai. Only Link...
Midnight Jan 17th here!

I think Sakurai knows the end is near (For real this time), and wants to like... get all the important stuff out of the way. I think he's setting us up with all the stuff we get at the start of the game. So that's why we got Olimar and Sheik, and we might even get Falcon and Krystal (who knows?). After the game is released, he'll start updating Character Profiles. Geno included for sure.

WinkyFrog64

Smash Rookie
On the Ness semi-confirmation threads it has a list of all the companies involved in licensing characters and Square-Enix is not on it.

Characters: Nintendo / HAL Laboratory, Inc. / Pokemon / Creatures Inc. / GAME FREAK inc / Shigesato Itoi / APE inc. / INTELLIGENT SYSTEMS / Konami Digital Entertainment Co., LTD / SEGA

IF TRUE:

I think this could only mean one thing since Yoko Shimomura is a confirmed composer.
If there are no playable Square-Enix characters, then maybe the rumors of Nintendo buying the rights to Geno and/or other SMRPG characters are true.
I can't think of another game she could have worked on that has characters with a high chance of being in Brawl.

What do you guys think? What other game could she have worked on that has possible Brawl characters in it?

AmericanGTS

Smash Apprentice
On the Ness semi-confirmation threads it has a list of all the companies involved in licensing characters and Square-Enix is not on it.

Characters: Nintendo / HAL Laboratory, Inc. / Pokemon / Creatures Inc. / GAME FREAK inc / Shigesato Itoi / APE inc. / INTELLIGENT SYSTEMS / Konami Digital Entertainment Co., LTD / SEGA

IF TRUE:

I think this could only mean one thing since Yoko Shimomura is a confirmed composer.
If there are no playable Square-Enix characters, then maybe the rumors of Nintendo buying the rights to Geno and/or other SMRPG characters are true.
I can't think of another game she could have worked on that has characters with a high chance of being in Brawl.

What do you guys think? What other game could she have worked on that has possible Brawl characters in it?

That same list is found on the Smash Bros Dojo and also SEGA was not listed until Sonic was confirmed.

WinkyFrog64

Smash Rookie
That same list is found on the Smash Bros Dojo and also SEGA was not listed until Sonic was confirmed.
Oh cool. ****.....got my hopes up for a second :(.

I still wonder though what she could be contributing in Brawl. It's either for Sora or Geno methinks. Most likely Mr. "4-vote-5 if you count the music" Geno on the polls. The hanging official thread of hope for Geno.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Sup everyone. Here tell there's be Geno confirmation in leaks and strategy guides.
Eh...can you restate that?

According to sources (Not mine)...there is going to be a large number of playable characters in Brawl...

Geno BETTER be one of them...

..and hoepfully, a lot is NOT 35...

IkexMarth

Smash Journeyman
Eh...can you restate that?

According to sources (Not mine)...there is going to be a large number of playable characters in Brawl...

Geno BETTER be one of them...

..and hoepfully, a lot is NOT 35...
You know, none of the "big prophets" like Nya and Chaos predicted Geno. If Geno were to be confirmed, it would toatally discredit them! Geno, server of Star Road, or a spy in disguise? DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN lol

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You know, not of the "big prophets" like Nya and Chaos predicted Geno. If Geno were to be confirmed, it would toatally discredit them! Geno, server of Star Road, or a spy in disguise? DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN lol
None of them have said Geno is not in the game either though

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
Every leak so far has had Geno in them? Not that that means anything, but what if one of them are true?

Copperpot

Smash Ace
It really doesn't matter. You're basing your opinions on things that have a 50 / 50 chance of happening anyways, so as far as the leaks are concerned, no one can determine whether or not Geno will be in.

It either will or will not happen. Sit back and wait for some real information.

Top Bottom