• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Well, now that the delay's out the way, I'm almost positive we'll be seeing Geno this week.
Or some big character or big thing for that matter; let's look forward to it boys.

Anyone planning on maining Geno or something of the sort if confirmed?

Machspeed

Smash Lord
-Geno will make an appearance in the game as a playable character. His level in Brawl will be Star Road, however since Star Road was never seen in Super Mario RPG (only Star Hill was), it will be designed from what was seen in Super Mario World, with elements from Super Mario RPG added such as enemies from the game running around. Going back to how Smithy destroyed Star Road in Super Mario RPG, he will be a boss battle in the SSE.
Another leaker apparently, once again noting Geno as a PC.
http://ultimatex64.blogspot.com/

He goes on and on, and he claims he has a game reviewer friend, who's got a copy early, running through it. What do you guys think of it?

Be expecting Geno this week guys; let's pull through.
:)
EDIT - Yes, so far for me it's looking like Diddy and Geno.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
I doubt Geno will be updated anytime soon.
Any specific reason you don't think he won't be updated, besides just your assumption?

If you think about it; Brawl was just delayed, Sakurai will do something to make up for it; kind of like Sonic made a big bang the day of the delay October 10th.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
Any specific reason you don't think he won't be updated, besides just your assumption?

If you think about it; Brawl was just delayed, Sakurai will do something to make up for it; kind of like Sonic made a big bang the day of the delay October 10th.
It's only a small delay for JP, I don't think Sakurai is going to give us any more characters. Just more disappointing updates. I think about what Sakurai could give us, but knowing how he is, it won't happen.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
It's only a small delay for JP, I don't think Sakurai is going to give us any more characters. Just more disappointing updates. I think about what Sakurai could give us, but knowing how he is, it won't happen.
I actually think the last updates were actually quite good...

what have we gotten so far?

Pikmin & Olimar, Snake's Final Smash, the Pikmin Stage, Challenges...

Makes sense for him to reveal one third party right before release to boost opening day sales; though I'm skeptical it can still happen.

GhostAnime

Smash Ace
I'm starting to think Geno will never really truly be updated on the site if he's a secret character, because what's the point of having secret characters if they're already on the site for you to see?

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
I actually think the last updates were actually quite good...

what have we gotten so far?

Pikmin & Olimar, Snake's Final Smash, the Pikmin Stage, Challenges...

Makes sense for him to reveal one third party right before release to boost opening day sales; though I'm skeptical it can still happen.
I hate this!!! We get so **** close to the release and next thing you know, it's delayed again. What's so ****ed up about it, is that we get another month to wait while JP gets like a week! :mad:

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Geno would be an unlockable 3rd party. :)

Don't worry, I'm sure Sakurai has things under control.
The longer we wait, the more polished the game and less bugs we get.

Rick88

Smash Journeyman
Well at least the delay is only a month, could've been worse. Anyways if Geno is in he'd probably be my second main. The first being Mario :)

Machspeed

Smash Lord
I see Geno as a secondary also, just because Diddy's my favorite Kong of all time.

K. Rool as a third
WOOP WOOP LETS GIT HIM CONFERMED 2
and even DK so I can go full circle.

Well, hopefully this week will bring something we've been waiting months for; everyone's favorite action figure hitting the Dojo.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
I guarantee you it's not only me. I've been patient enough and so has everyone else. The game feels even slower without whining, will delaying it make that any better? I don't think so.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Whatever happened to the rumor stating Nintendo bought the rights to Geno a few years back? Also, did Sakurai say he did not considered Geno third party?

Mathieu21

Smash Journeyman
Whatever happened to the rumor stating Nintendo bought the rights to Geno a few years back? Also, did Sakurai say he did not considered Geno third party?
They didn't buy the rights to Geno, they used him with permission for a cameo in Mario & Luigi.

Sakurai never said Geno isn't third-party. Fanboys misinterpreted his words.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
I guarantee you it's not only me. I've been patient enough and so has everyone else. The game feels even slower without whining, will delaying it make that any better? I don't think so.
Your lucky the game is even developing; why take such a luxury for granted? Might as well calm down, because delays will come with pretty much EVERY title there is nowadays (yes, I said it).

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
I think the rumor has been proven false. Sakurai never said "Geno isn't third party" but Geno was placed in the Mario category and not in the Third party category in the melee poll. Thats all we know.

AmericanGTS

Smash Apprentice
There is no reason for the North American delay, the game is done. Why is Japan only delayed a week? That doesn't make any sense. I'm worried that everything will be on the Dojo when us Americans finally get the game : / . If Geno was guaranteed to be a playable character, I wouldn't care THAT much about the delay, but I don't know whats up with Nintendo..

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
Geno isn't a doll, HE'S AN ACTION FIGURE! At least we won't have to wait till February to find out he's in the game. Japan gets it on the 31st of Jan.

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
Even though we can't play it till March 9, at least we'll get the leak on the 24th or 31 of Jan.

Shadow Star

Smash Apprentice
Bowser Jr. = Deconfirmed?

I dunno, I'll let you guys think about this. I found this new Brawl video today that shows some of the different modes:

http://wii.com/jp/movies/smashbros-movie1/

At the part where it shows trophies and stickers, you'll clearly spot a Bowser Jr. sticker. Now, If Bowser Jr. is a playable character, I don't think Sakurai would display him that way before confirming him. This might mean nothing at all, but I'm just putting that out there for you to think about. if he's really deconfirmed, that's pretty sad. I was hoping that both him and Geno could get in. :(

Top Bottom