• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
Exactly, Bowyer would definately be the hazard. I'd have so many flashbacks. And here's another thought guys. After this game do you guys think that after Brawl comes out that there could be a calling for a demand that a sequel for Mario RPG to be made.

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
The younger audience will be presented with Geno for the 1st time. Peeking interest. Like with what happened to Fire Emblem after Marth and Roy.

hotgarbage

Smash Lord
holy crap I haven't been here in forever

...*looks around*... O_____o wow, I don't recognize anyone.... cept PsychoIncarnate.

So what's been happening here recently?

Enigma14

Smash Champion
holy crap I haven't been here in forever

...*looks around*... O_____o wow, I don't recognize anyone.... cept PsychoIncarnate.

So what's been happening here recently?
couple older member as myself, UtopiaXD and Rick88 have left cause we were tired of the same discussion, always talked about stuff and the flamers are regulars now

And I'm off!

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
Exactly, Bowyer would definately be the hazard. I'd have so many flashbacks. And here's another thought guys. After this game do you guys think that after Brawl comes out that there could be a calling for a demand that a sequel for Mario RPG to be made.
Technically there is a rumor already of a sequal.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
I'm going to be honest with you guys, if we get an SMRPG sequel then I won't care in the slightest if Geno is in Brawl or not. He's my number one Brawl hopeful and I would die if he was in regardless if there was a sequel or not but if there was a sequel with him in it, I'd be equally as satisfied.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm going to be honest with you guys, if we get an SMRPG sequel then I won't care in the slightest if Geno is in Brawl or not. He's my number one Brawl hopeful and I would die if he was in regardless if there was a sequel or not but if there was a sequel with him in it, I'd be equally as satisfied.
Well, if the sequel is true...I think that raises his chances in Brawl significantly...

But Enigma is right...

Repeat discussions

Cless

Smash Champion
Those two songs remind me of the overall game more than Beware of the Forest Mushrooms does. How about Let's Play, Geno, even though that's a remix of the Super Mario World music. We need some SMW though.

TheMastermind

Smash Ace
Lol, Geno's not that popular people.
Sakuri said himself "Geno is not Supersmash matierial."

Geno IS 3rd party
And Sakuri would need to pay money for him.
There are tons of tons of 3rd party characters that could get in over Geno.
Geno was in a small game. It wasnt a best seller, it wasnt that great at all.
Bomberman or Megaman or Sora would be picked waaaay before Geno.

Weltunter

Smash Journeyman

Geno IS 3rd party
We had this discussion like 100 times in this thread. Just read some older posts.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Geno IS 3rd party
Not you just are making **** up

Have you really fallen this low?

GhostAnime

Smash Ace
Geno was in a small game. It wasnt a best seller, it wasnt that great at all
and I ask, what makes you think this is Sakurai's criteria, which magically matches your own?

even if he had to pay money for him, why would that be a problem?

Bomberman or Sora?
Sora, sure, he doesn't need to be in.

Bomberman, on the other hand, is awesome, man.

AmericanGTS

Smash Apprentice
Yep, so that explains why Geno was listed 5 times in the public, online journal. Because, you know, if you don't like a character and don't plan on considering that character, then you better list it at least 5 times to show how much you really don't care about the character.

Geno IS 3rd party
How many times do I have to say it? Contracts > Copyrights! We DON'T KNOW what the legal situation is! Nintendo and Square Enix both like to dodge the question. Why? I don't know, but they never give a straight forward answer. But, oh yeah, I forgot that third party characters aren't in Brawl. Aw man, I really wanted to play as Solid Snake and Sonic...

Proof?

But how many out of the "tons" represent Nintendo's history better than Geno? Super Smash Bros Brawl's theme is Nintendo's history. How would a character like Cloud or Sora for example, be able to represent Nintendo better than Square Enix's Mario character? The Square Enix characters that are actually qualified are just about as qualified if not less than Geno.

The first part is completely false. I mean, what do you want me to say? Basically you outright said that the first Mario RPG game is "small".... uhhh... no. In terms of length for an RPG, the storyline may be short, so thats fine to say that, but to belittle the game itself.. man.. you need to check out all the content the game had because I don't have the time to type out everything historical it had.

When you say it wasn't a best seller... who cares? So that all of a sudden makes a huge difference? Sure, its no "Super Mario Bros" or "Super Mario 64" but what do you expect? Oh and by the way.. a Mario game has to be extremely lame in order for it not to sell well and when I say lame, I mean a game that is just all around horrible to the point that you, or many other people can't stand to play and therefore the game itself wouldn't have any fans.

You're entitled to your own opinion, but to counter that I say it wasn't only a great Mario game but also one of the best Mario RPGs or RPGs in general.

Sora... :laugh:

Proof?

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
Sakurai's List > Sora > everyone else. You're all just jealous because despite the fact of only starring in one game and in almost 12 years will be in Brawl. You're all just jealous that the fact that all of these years have gone by, and Geno is as revered as he has ever been. Geno is as alive in the minds of fans as he has EVER been. And when we get to this leak or the release in Japan, you wiil ALL see that Geno made it in the game as playable.

domriver

Smash Lord
Sorry Geno would be picked over Sora any time and day. Bomberman and megaman.. hmmm.. Megaman would get first dibs. But from what I understand didn't Sakurai say that Geno is 1st party? *link please*

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
I don't think Sakurai will do that. If anything Mega Man and Geno will both get in. They're both heavily admired. And Sakurai will make both fans happy.

paralasalud

Smash Ace

Geno IS 3rd party

MASTERMIND 4 BRAWL!!
maybe then i can beat on you with Geno.

bryloom

Smash Rookie
If Nintendo was smart, they'd buy all the rights to Geno. Mallow and the other SMRPG characters as well. It's not like Square-Enix has much use for them anyway.

Top Bottom