• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

Devastlian

Smash Lord
The VC will be open on launch day but not all the games will be on there right away. They're going to add more monthly. The 30 or so they've shown so far are the ones that are supposed to be out in the "launch window" ( or by the end of the fiscal year I forget which one it was or if those are both the same thing...) and are going to be released 10 or so a month after the Wii launch.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
The VC will be open on launch day but not all the games will be on there right away. They're going to add more monthly. The 30 or so they've shown so far are the ones that are supposed to be out in the "launch window" ( or by the end of the fiscal year I forget which one it was or if those are both the same thing...) and are going to be released 10 or so a month after the Wii launch.
So, what systems are they drawing thier selection from?

Devastlian

Smash Lord
There're games coming from the NES, the SNES, the N64, the SEGA Genesis, and the TurboGrafx-16 that have been confirmed and there will be original games made exclusively for the VC. There're rumors that Game Boy games, games from other SEGA systems, and games from Commodore and Neo Geo systems might be available eventually but I wouldn't get my hopes up just yet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wii <-- Also, this is a good place to find info about the Wii with a link to the VC page under the Wii Channels section.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
As much as I would like to see Geno in Brawl, I would prefer to see SMRPG make a valiant return and obtain either a sequel or a remake. Who here agrees?

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
He was in SMRPG, anyway. He was only the tutorial in Partners in Time (I think).

He was a very pivotal character, since he was the one who basically came down and said, Hey, Mario, can I have that Star Piece? I need it to make hopes and dreams not die.

That and he's got a huge fanbase. Like, I dunno, McFox, myself, and an assload of people here.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
It looks like chances for a remake are slim to none since the original is on the VC. However, I still have hope for a sequel and I think we will get one. Until then, I am holding my breath.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Wow! Geno looks awesome! Hey, by the way. Can anyone here provide a link to a site with several fanarts of SMRPG? I'll +rep each person that provides a good site.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
Wow! Geno looks awesome! Hey, by the way. Can anyone here provide a link to a site with several fanarts of SMRPG? I'll +rep each person that provides a good site.
If you want I have to do Lyn for Justice first, but Geno seems simple to draw I could sketch him when I get time if your interested.

SAMaine

Smash Journeyman
Why in the hell would Geno be in a Baketball game? The characters from the start of the game are all Nintendo, and unlockables are all Square with the exception 6 Mario characters. It's fairly obvious that they were pushing the FF series here, as ALL the Square characters were from FF. Why would they have 6 FF characters and Geno.....? Besides, FF is a popular series and they are trying to hype the new releases, putting Geno in wouldn't help Square at all, but by putting FF characters in the game they build hype for FF, which is one of the most predominant franchises in the industry right now.
Counter-point.

Nintendo: We want to use Geno in Super Smash Bros Brawl.

Square Enix: hmm... How about you promote (let's say) Cloud Strife... put him in Brawl.

Nintendo: ... If you give us full rights to Super Mario RPG, we shall put Cloud Strife in as well.

Square Enix: Deal. (Nintendo & Square Enix shake. Both Geno and Cloud appear in Brawl. Geno and Boshi/Washi become Marioverse regulars.)

Also as far as Geno's voice is concerned it should be a Snapesque otherworldly condenscening droll but the mouth movements should be matched with the sounds of wood hitting wood as if he was using a wooden mouth to talk, which Geno IS.

Kojy

Smash Cadet
NNID
Kojyneox
Geno FTW!!!
he was the best character in Mario RPG ad the coolest one
also the one that had the major task of restoring the star road so wishes can be granted once again
so let´s grant Geno a wish and add him in Smash Brawl

Zombie Cola

Smash Ace
Counter-point.

Square Enix: hmm... How about you promote (let's say) Cloud Strife... put him in Brawl.

Nintendo: ... If you give us full rights to Super Mario RPG, we shall put Cloud Strife in as well.

Square Enix: Deal. (Nintendo & Square Enix shake. Both Geno and Cloud appear in Brawl. Geno and Boshi/Washi become Marioverse regulars.)

Also as far as Geno's voice is concerned it should be a Snapesque otherworldly condenscening droll but the mouth movements should be matched with the sounds of wood hitting wood as if he was using a wooden mouth to talk, which Geno IS.
Personal opinion here, but I don't think Nintendo is one to "promote" aka "*****" other people's products. Just an opinion.

Tiamat

Smash Journeyman
Counter-point.

I'm pretty sure that in the case of a company as powerful as Square (or even smaller companies not as powerful as Square), they'll be the ones asking Nintendo to pay THEM for including a character (be it Geno or Cloud) in Smash Bros. Brawl, not the other way around.

FoxsLegacy

Smash Rookie
Lol I think it's a great idea to add Geno into Brawl. Mario legendo of the 7 stars was an awesome rpg especially for it's time. Geno was never a favortie with me but I can most definately see him making an appearance in Brawl.

Konuk

Smash Journeyman
i hope they change his look he looks like a Naked pinnchio Ewww... XD but i think someone else deserves it more than him but ill accept him in brawl :D

Link-101

Smash Apprentice
They probably will make him look more Smash Bro-ish. If he is even in it at all. But he will probably be short Like Ness or something.

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
Nah, I think he'd be Mario sized.

Mallow, however, now he would be short. But this is not the Mallow thread.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
They need to drag Geno from the SM vault, dust em off, & give him a new revamped look like they did with Pit. After all, Sakurai says he does like retro game characters!

Tiamat

Smash Journeyman
The problem is that Geno isn't in Nintendo's SM vault right now.

Purely hypothetically speaking, I wonder how much Nintendo would be allowed to re-design/re-vamp a character they don't own. If Geno is owned and designed by Square, wouldn't it initially be Square's job/responsibility to handle that?

Stryks

Smash Hero
The problem is that Geno isn't in Nintendo's SM vault right now.

Purely hypothetically speaking, I wonder how much Nintendo would be allowed to re-design/re-vamp a character they don't own. If Geno is owned and designed by Square, wouldn't it initially be Square's job/responsibility to handle that?
well in a way yeah, but is nintendo can get rights to geno, then they can pretty much change his looks anyway they want...

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
He's just withering away in some Square Enix fault, lost & but not forgotten. They need to do what's right and hand them over to Nintendo & Sakurai.

Tiamat

Smash Journeyman
Careful. You're going to inspire the wrath of all the Geno supporters who claim Geno (who isn't even the first character to join your party) is more of a main character in Super Mario RPG than Mario is (you know, the guy you're not allowed to ever take out of the party and that you control outside of battle 100% of the time).

GenG

Smash Lord
Let's better talk about Nintendo pledging to Square to use Geno, and how Square would blackmail Nintendo if they deny the request to put Moggle or Cactuar in Brawl.

Your imaginative conspirations surrounding the Geno issue are totally genius. You can write a book with all the details, "the Geno Conspiracy". Best seller.

El HP

Smash Ace
Careful. You're going to inspire the wrath of all the Geno supporters who claim Geno (who isn't even the first character to join your party) is more of a main character in Super Mario RPG than Mario is (you know, the guy you're not allowed to ever take out of the party and that you control outside of battle 100% of the time).
That's exactly what i mean why would a secondary character from a spin-off game appear in brawl?

Stryks

Smash Hero
The fact that hesincredibly popular, even tough the lack of apperances, Geno need to comeback, the only way we can do that is if they get rights with him, and I believe Nintendo will be able to do that...

Top Bottom