• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Fox discussion thread -> We support Fox's new design! (Or just me)

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer

How could you not find those boots sexy. I mean, it's going to be awesome, short hop double lasering around the place with boots like that. And how ub3r does that gun look.

I'm glad they didn't use the outfit from Starfox assault, kudos to them for that. Fox looks awesome in SSBM, and I'm glad they've kept it that way.

Besides the addition of super boots.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Why yes, yes it does.

We can also assume Yoshi will return as there was a Yoshi themed stage in the trailer.

EDIT: I think those boots are going to make him fall faster than Falco. The drill kick is going to look pretty funny with the super boots.

wise

Smash Rookie
Yeah this character design for Fox is so well done!!!!

His helmet looks awesome, his gun looks awesome, HIS BOOTS LOOK AMAZING, and his head is based off of the DS Fox, but not all stretched and dorky looking.

Its perfect.

I can't wait to see how he moves now.

OMG I NEED THIS GAMMMEEEE

kaid

Smash Master
Why do you assume he still has the drill kick?

Sakurai said the returning characters "On a significant scale, will be remade."

Black/Light

Smash Master
I love his new look!!! Those boots are str8 gangser!!!!

*finds it odd that I used "gangser" in a statement*

100links

Smash Ace
i wonder how (or why) he has a gun out in the air? >.o i think you could fire it in the air on melee but i belive the guy making it said something about ariel combat :dizzy: plus it kinda looks like he is jumping out of his arwing :p

Muffin_man

Smash Journeyman
I'd prefer his Adventure's look, but as one of the few people who LIKED the DS redesign of the Star Fox cast, I'm relieved they went with this look and improved it rather than going with his god awful Assault look. All he needs is a bit more fur.

Oh, and does that level look familiar to anyone? I assume it's the Kid Icarus level.

REØ

Smash Lord
I prefer his Assualt look but this is a lot better than I expected I suppose, looking at Fox just makes me think what Falco will look like even more...

Zodiak-Lucien

Smash Lord
haha well played element. I actually like the new design a lot, I was worried they would ruin it. My only complaint is that he could look more furry. Other than that his clothes look amazing, the big *** boots and gun rock.

Se><bot

Smash Apprentice
Personally I think he's had way too many plastic surgeries and is wearing ridiculously ugly boots, but *shrug*

I think Fox looked the best in SSBM.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
There isn't a new trailer on the internet yet.

And I kinda like the new Fox. In SSBM he looked rather... Old to me. =/
His gun looks nice, and I think it's basically an upgraded StarFox Command design.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
i think it looks pretty gay. Its better than Adventure...but melee def. had the most mature, serious looking fox.

His head got bigger..his shoes bigger...he just looks stupid and goofy now.
Its all you **** Furries, influencing him to be more toony. **** all you perverted Furries.

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
I agree with Se><bot about Fox looking his best in SSBM.

And, I'd like to point out that not all furries like him looking extremely cartoonish <_<. I can vouch for that myself.

P.S. lol at people calling people furries and thinking its an insult.

kmkzSP1K3R

Smash Apprentice
Milpitas (nor-cal) &amp; Riverside (so-cal)
i did very much like fox's ssbm look, it was very mature and matches his persona.
but with this new look, i see him as younger, less experienced, and taking on a different personality.
i'm just glad it's not straight from the assault design. ::releived::

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
He has clown boots?! That is kinda lame. And his ears are so short. What were they thinking? Without as much detail, Melee fox looked better.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
Maybe his look for a new starfox Wii game. I don't think he looks bad, then again ive only played starfox games where he just flies his arwing

100links

Smash Ace
to blue bomber:A MEGA MAN FAN! DAnCE MEGAMAN DANCE FOR YOUR FAN!
^-^

to the topic:maybe blues right maybe its his new look for a new sf game? if it is i hope he changes his shoes at least :urg: fighting enemys with giant shoes sounds odd....

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
to blue bomber:A MEGA MAN FAN! DAnCE MEGAMAN DANCE FOR YOUR FAN!
^-^

to the topic:maybe blues right maybe its his new look for a new sf game? if it is i hope he changes his shoes at least :urg: fighting enemys with giant shoes sounds odd....
Yes! Dance megaman, dance!!! *sorry, calming down now.

back on topic- why fox what big boots you have!

TriforceJ

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I still think Fox's new shoes look a bit cumbersome.

Sora from Kingdom Hearts may never be in SSBB, but his shoes made it in. ;)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Am I the only one who thinks Fox even falls FASTER in the trailer? :O
I guess those boots DO affect him. ;)

I like Fox's look. Personally, I found him looking a little bit too old in Melee.
They fixed that now. And Fox always was supposed to be a little bit unexperienced am I right?

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Does anyone else think we'll be seeing more updates after this, at least from January on or so? We still have 6 out of the Original 12 (even though they're unfortunately not completely "untouchable" as some might think, as Jigglypuff was originally planned to get the axe in SSBM), plus those returning from SSBM (6-8 I'm guessing), so I'm hoping for at least the Returners (as opposed to the Newcomers) to trickle in little by little in a similar fashion to our vulpine friend Fox.

God, the anticipation is KILLING me...

Vulpine51

Smash Lord
I am overall pleased with the new fox look. It would have been a lot worse. I like his bouncy new fighter stance and it seems his D-Smash is the same. Mabe they didnt change the moves like they said they would?

Top Bottom