• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Claus (The Masked Man) for SSBB thread, Mother 3 Spoilers

SenorPresidente

Smash Ace
No, you are both wrong. It's not there. I watched it five times now. I watched it using several sources. It's not there. You guys are crazy. lol
The video has been changed. Go to gamefaqs, starmen.net, 4chan any site that cares about brawl. It was there nintendo found out and edited the video. If it didn't confirmed characters they wouldn't had changed the video and just let people speculate.

Suska

Smash Apprentice
Or be a secret character. They know people would be paying attention to that kind of stuff. They wouldn't give away secret characters by accident like that... Lucario might be a starter.
I was thinking the same thing. I can only hope that his picture would show up after he's unlocked

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace
Seriously, ForteX. People are making fools of themselves. These characters aren't confirmed. It wouldn't make sense for Nintendo to update it (why not just show it the first time) or if they did, why would they remove it? It's all so silly. People are gullible and...whatever. It's their own fault if they want to look silly.

Besides, I simply cannot buy into Ness being in the game but Mewtwo being removed. Why keep a duplicate moveset and remove an original one? Silly.

SenorPresidente

Smash Ace
Seriously, ForteX. People are making fools of themselves. These characters aren't confirmed. It wouldn't make sense for Nintendo to update it (why not just show it the first time) or if they did, why would they remove it? It's all so silly. People are gullible and...whatever. It's their own fault if they want to look silly.

Besides, I simply cannot buy into Ness being in the game but Mewtwo being removed. Why keep a duplicate moveset and remove an original one? Silly.
OMG I AM MAKING A FOOL OF MYSELF IN THE INTERNET OH GOD PEOPLE THINK I AM SILLY
INTERNETS SERIOUS BUSINESS

The explenation that i can think of is that the video is the "How to play video" So now that the dojo updated and fully explained what the stickers do they updated the video. Also this does not in any way deconfrimed any characters.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Nintendo caught the fake leak. It's over for the leak. The leak isn't real. Nintendo wouldn't do this kind of stuff by accident. Has it ever happened before? No. Some Claus fanclub we have here. Claus' final resting place will not be that dark cave under the Empire Porky Building. He's going to cheat death... One. Last. Time.
I wish it were true, but...how? It doesn't make any sense.

They aren't crazy. It WAS there. I watched it and saw it to be true around 12:30-12:40. However, upon trying to find the video for my friend, I came back here to find the link. The same link I used lacked the pictures. Nintendo would NOT, I repeat NOT, accidentally do something like that. It would have been a separate video. This is the work of a hacker with some photoshop skills and a few sprites to edit.
I saw it, too. The only thing that made me wonder is the fact that the aspect ratio changed between the two videos, or at least the parts with and without the character sprites. Maybe you're on to something, but I really can't say for sure. It would explain why I couldn't make any sense out of the katakana next to "Use only." It was something like "SHII" and then something that I couldn't read. SHIIRIIZU ("series") is possible, but there weren't enough kana for that. Interesting, albeit unlikely, theory (sadly).

Makes you wonder, though...

EDIT: SinisterLizard has the right idea. This whole thing is illogical...

ForteX

Smash Journeyman
I wish it were true, but...how? It doesn't make any sense.
How does anyone hack anything? Pinging that website with an appropriate ping type in Command Prompt will give you their IP address. there's a backdoor hacking program that allows you to hack into sites if you have their IP. True stuff. I don't know what's going on myself, but I know better than to believe anything right now. There's just too much that doesn't make sense.

Personally, I'm going to believe this when Dojo says "Lol, since we thought it would be a novel idea, we put Ness in here! He's a clone! yaaaayayayaya!"

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace
@Aeris, thanks. I'm taking a bunch of flack for being skeptical. People are being silly. Well, whatever. Time will tell. And at least I can say that I wasn't one of the gullible ones.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
How does anyone hack anything? Pinging that website with an appropriate ping type in Command Prompt will give you their IP address. there's a backdoor hacking program that allows you to hack into sites if you have their IP. True stuff. I don't know what's going on myself, but I know better than to believe anything right now. There's just too much that doesn't make sense.

Personally, I'm going to believe this when Dojo says "Lol, since we thought it would be a novel idea, we put Ness in here! He's a clone! yaaaayayayaya!"
Wow...you make it sound plausible. I'll just keep my fingers crossed that this isn't as abysmal as it all sounds.

@Aeris, thanks. I'm taking a bunch of flack for being skeptical. People are being silly. Well, whatever. Time will tell. And at least I can say that I wasn't one of the gullible ones.
I hope you're right. Fingers crossed.

Droogieb

Smash Apprentice
Hmm last night. Honestly this wasn't good for us but I remain strong. It could be a hacker. I say this because if you look at the video a little more and when they high light the Croc from DK series NO SPRITES SHOW UP???? What does this mean? I don't really know, I'll let all of you decide.

Droogieb

Smash Apprentice
EPIPHANY!!! The icons aren't every Charater in the series, ITS A CHARACTER SPECIFIC STICKER!!! THIS DOESN"T DE CONFIRM ANY CHARACTERS!!!

Iboid

Smash Apprentice
It's from wii.com, it's the real deal, watched it myself. Right on 4:21 is Ness.

Anyway, Claus could simply be a different family of PSI users like Sakurai was talking about when he talked about Lucas and Ness being in the same family, which it looks like they are, or not use PSI and rely on electricity and beams.

You mean this?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
This hacker theory sounds plausible. If it's true, then I blame 4Chan.

Iboid

Smash Apprentice
What really bother's me is that the video only had the leak last night.

And also the character heads look to close together.

And that Lucario's head looks like the head of another art for Lucario.

Same with Ness.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Here's another thing to think about. The Brawl video from October was not altered due to the new delay for March.

Sinistar

Smash Journeyman
Another reason.

Nobody really payed attention to the commercial.

Seriously, the sticker part flashed away in about two seconds.

How would you notice that?

ForteX

Smash Journeyman
I blame 4Chan.
Sounds right. Let's cause some Brawl havoc for the lulz.

Yeah, I had noticed that after it got past Claus and Sonic and got to that one last sticker, there were no faces and no benefits. That's what kept me thinking this must have been faked. If Nintendo was going to go out of their way to edit a 5 minute long video with that little bit of information that NO ONE would be looking for EXCEPT us, then they would have at least had the decency to:
1. Say they did it
2. Put faces under the last sticker.
3. Make a new video.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Yeah, I had noticed that after it got past Claus and Sonic and got to that one last sticker, there were no faces and no benefits. .
You mean the Crocodile sticker? If the stats had been added, at least, then it would make more likely to be genuine.

ForteX

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I guess it's a crocodile. I couldn't tell what it was. Nor did I really care. It was enough proof to help me keep my head. Like I said, Claus is going to cheat death one more time. And we'll be slapping his own sticker on his trophy. Just cause we can.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
EPIPHANY!!! The icons aren't every Charater in the series, ITS A CHARACTER SPECIFIC STICKER!!! THIS DOESN"T DE CONFIRM ANY CHARACTERS!!!
You could be right, and it at least gives hope to our beloved Claus. :ohwell:

This hacker theory sounds plausible. If it's true, then I blame 4Chan.
I'm going to be SO upset if it truly is a hack. Serebii confirmed that those Pokemon ARE the only ones in Brawl, but I can't say they were difficult guesses.

Here's another thing to think about. The Brawl video from October was not altered due to the new delay for March.
Good point. Why change something nigh unnoticeable?

Another reason.

Nobody really payed attention to the commercial.

Seriously, the sticker part flashed away in about two seconds.

How would you notice that?
Which makes me wonder why it was altered at all.

Sounds right. Let's cause some Brawl havoc for the lulz.

Yeah, I had noticed that after it got past Claus and Sonic and got to that one last sticker, there were no faces and no benefits. That's what kept me thinking this must have been faked. If Nintendo was going to go out of their way to edit a 5 minute long video with that little bit of information that NO ONE would be looking for EXCEPT us, then they would have at least had the decency to:
1. Say they did it
2. Put faces under the last sticker.
3. Make a new video.
It does seem odd that they would change a few, but not all. Same thing with the Bowser Coin sticker. How in the heck is that not character-specific? It doesn't make any sense.

Yeah I guess it's a crocodile. I couldn't tell what it was. Nor did I really care. It was enough proof to help me keep my head. Like I said, Claus is going to cheat death one more time. And we'll be slapping his own sticker on his trophy. Just cause we can.
I really hope so, buddy. I really hope so...

ForteX

Smash Journeyman
Brighten up. You act like this isn't the 4th or 5th attack on Mother/Claus Supporting in a series of days. It's all too awkward to be official, really. When Brawl comes out in Japan and we know of every character in the game, then we'll know if this was truly a leak or something else. 10 days now. Not much longer...

ForteX

Smash Journeyman
The Mother 3 recall rumor
That thing about "Remember Ness"
This crap

... well fine, I can't count. Or else I'm forgetting one. Still. Three. In two days. It's just so weird. *shrug* Whatever. I'm sticking beside the fact that Ness has no place in this game and that Claus was more popular on the polls than Lucas.

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
Maybe Claus isn't playable in the SSE, maybe he's just a boss, and when you beat him he... eh, dies, that's why he can't be played in Subspace, but then, he's unlocked for multiplayer and etc.! That would make sense, to me at least.

Iboid

Smash Apprentice
Maybe Claus isn't playable in the SSE, maybe he's just a boss, and when you beat him he... eh, dies, that's why he can't be played in Subspace, but then, he's unlocked for multiplayer and etc.! That would make sense, to me at least.
Yeah, but no one in Smash 'perminetaly' dies.

ForteX

Smash Journeyman
Ah, I remember now. That one post at those other forums instantly deconfirming Claus. Right. So I was correct in saying there are 4 now.

Anyway, saying that Claus can't play in Adventure Mode is kinda... odd. It's adventure mode. Everyone is supposed to be able to play in it... right?

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
The Mother 3 recall rumor
That thing about "Remember Ness"
This crap

... well fine, I can't count. Or else I'm forgetting one. Still. Three. In two days. It's just so weird. *shrug* Whatever. I'm sticking beside the fact that Ness has no place in this game and that Claus was more popular on the polls than Lucas.
Agreed on your last statement. It's a real shame to see Ness back--ESPECIALLY in Claus's place. :ohwell:

Eh, it's unlikely. I mean, I wish it were true, but I doubt it.

Good luck Claus fanboys... you will need it.
No kidding...thanks, though.

Ah, I remember now. That one post at those other forums instantly deconfirming Claus. Right. So I was correct in saying there are 4 now.

Anyway, saying that Claus can't play in Adventure Mode is kinda... odd. It's adventure mode. Everyone is supposed to be able to play in it... right?
Yeah, it certainly doesn't bode well for him. Pity...

Don't be in denial.
Don't worry--I'm not. As much as I wish with all of my being that this weren't true, it just seems to real to be false... Figures it's the character that I really want more than any other. :(

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
You know, what if we're right and everyone else is wrong?

Suska

Smash Apprentice
It's kind of ironic, how the tables have turned, eh?

Anyway, I still hope he's unlockable and he appears on the sticker once that happens. Either that OR he doesnt use PSI, but that could be a long shot

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
You know, what if we're right and everyone else is wrong?
I wish. At least I would feel a whole lot better about this whole debacle.

It's kind of ironic, how the tables have turned, eh?

Anyway, I still hope he's unlockable and he appears on the sticker once that happens. Either that OR he doesnt use PSI, but that could be a long shot
Yeah, thanks in part to Ness, that little sonofa*****. I can see Claus playing without PSI, since the only PSI that he used exclusively was PK Love. If memory serves, he just slashes with his sword for the lightning to take effect; I don't remember if he actually used PK Thunder or not. And even so, PK Thunder has already been shown in the game as a controllable electric sphere--that doesn't fit Claus at all, so they would probably keep it more in line with Pikachu's Thunder.

I really hope he still has a chance, but it's not good.

ForteX

Smash Journeyman
Well... it's kinda obvious that if this is real, Lucario was put in for fanservice. Nothing more. So Japan requested Claus a lot, and we've been up to this for a long time... maybe Nintendo pays more attention to us than we give them credit for. I'm going to hang on to the fact that Mother is an awesome series. Possibly the best three games ever produced, story and character wise, and has the most unique game play of any RPG ever. It's good enough for three reps. Three well known reps. Who does anyone know more worldwide than Ness, Lucas, and Claus?

JhMS

Smash Journeyman
Theres a big fu***** problem with that roster:Balance.
It looks like Super Star Fox Brothers!Metroid without a real newcomer?Mario without a real newcomer?
Too many pokemon!.
Sorry people.Im not buying it anymore.This is BS!.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Well... it's kinda obvious that if this is real, Lucario was put in for fanservice. Nothing more. So Japan requested Claus a lot, and we've been up to this for a long time... maybe Nintendo pays more attention to us than we give them credit for. I'm going to hang on to the fact that Mother is an awesome series. Possibly the best three games ever produced, story and character wise, and has the most unique game play of any RPG ever. It's good enough for three reps. Three well known reps. Who does anyone know more worldwide than Ness, Lucas, and Claus?
Lucario is 100% fanservice, but it surprises me that Mewtwo was removed in favor of the newcomer. I'd like to think that someone from Nintendo is reading this right now, fully realizing what a grievous error it would be (or was) to exclude Claus. :ohwell: MOTHER is huge in Japan, so we can only hope against hope that somehow our wish will come true.

Theres a big fu***** problem with that roster:Balance.
It looks like Super Star Fox Brothers!Metroid without a real newcomer?Mario without a real newcomer?
Too many pokemon!.
Sorry people.Im not buying it anymore.This is BS!.
No kidding. The fact that Mario loses a rep, Zelda stays the same, Metroid gets the same rep as usual, Fire Emblem only gets two reps, etc. while StarFox gets ANOTHER new rep (that wasn't even that popular!)...well, it just doesn't make sense. I won't call BS yet, but it certainly sucks if it's true.

ForteX

Smash Journeyman
Are we talking about that roster on the last page? I could tell instantly that was BS. It has ROB in it. Come on. They're little subspace bomb detonating devices. They can't be playable. I don't believe that they've excluded Claus. We're all acting like:
1. The edited video was real
2. Ness' existence instantly de-confirms Claus. Yes, it makes the chances slim, but no. It wouldn't put him out completely.

Regiwi

Smash Journeyman
Well... my order from Play-asia has been now cancelled, this really doesn't bode well with that rumour. Perfect end to a perfect day for me...

ForteX

Smash Journeyman
The Mother 3 site is still up
The Mother 3 wikipedia page says nothing about the recall. Did you send an email asking why your order was cancelled?

I'm sick of being the only voice of reason/only person who has any hope left around here. :/
Maybe I'm just the stupid one.

Whatever. To brighten up your days - something completely different.
http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/5971/mysteryofsheikpv5.png

Top Bottom