• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official BRAWL SUCKS thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CivicSmash

Smash Apprentice
Brawl blows. The gameplay has been severely diminished. I am so pissed off at nintendo.
Ive been a devoted nintendo fan for most of my life. I'm 23. First I was a little bit disappointed with Twilight Princess. Then I was very disappointed with Galaxy. I always thought "Don't worry when you get Brawl everything will be better." Then when I got Brawl I was EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED. This is a simple game geared towards a very casual gamer. The game sucks because the physics are terrible, and character individuality is gone. Brawl will not last, and everyone will realize it sucks in the future. Melee is a much, much, much better game.
BBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NINTENDO!!!!!!!!!

I might sell my Wii and all my games in a few months and get a PS3 or XBox 360.
I cant put it into words how much Nintendo has lacked in developing good gameplay for games on the Wii.

It makes me so sad to be straying away from the big N, after some special years. All the good times are done with Nintendo. Galaxy and especially Brawl are just simply unacceptable.

Everyone vent your frustrations here.

I waited so long too.......I can't believe that this is the game I've been dreaming of since Melee came out........(Sigh)

I will always cherish the good games...Melee, Mario 64, Zelda games, many others.
But as of March 10, 2008 NINTENDO IS DEAD TO ME.

spoonyd

Smash Apprentice
Well I'm on board too and so is everyone in my room at current. THere's like no skill involved. Spam and be cheap. Comboing? Yeah right. Tech skill? Yeah right.

-Linko-

Smash Journeyman
It seems the better score a game gets from the most aknowledged media, the more dissapointed you are.

I guess you feel that Ocarina of Time is the worst game evah!

Oh, and inb4flamin'+Ridley Facepalm pic

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
I'm frustrated that I live in Europe and I have to wait to be able to play this amazing looking game.

EDIT: I couldn't find Ridley facepalm... sorry, I'm a failure. :(

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
LOL@ You for getting too over-hyped and being disappointed.

It's your own fault. Don't get so hyped, and you won't be disappointed. Lots of people love this game, it's had great reviews. It's obviously a great game.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9

ZOMG YES I FOUND IT!!!!!!!!

*Ridley Facepalm*

*Leaves thread after tossing OP a flameshield*

LoVer

Smash Cadet
So go play Melee. I promise none of us will miss you while we are playing Brawl with the rest of the world, instead of playing melee with the few boobs too dull to recognize a great new game.

Brawl Lover

Smash Rookie
It amuses me how people are complaining because they refuse to get good at the game. If you prefer Melee, play Melee. But if you want a real challenge, try getting good at Brawl.

Competitive my ***.

zeldamaster2006

Smash Apprentice
I've been playing brawl for the past thirteen hours. It far surpasses melee in every way possible, and if you don't think so then go get an Xbox. We won't cry.

Super Drybones

Smash Ace
Dude cry me a river, build a bridge over it, and cross the bridge.
or drawn yourself whicherevrs funnier.

boondoggler

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, new to the forum. I'm glad to see so many posts SUPPORTING Brawl in the "official Brawl sucks thread". I'd like to add mine! I hyped myself up for this game like crazy, I've been playing for about 7 hours now and Its exactly as great as I thought it would be. Melee and Brawl are both amazing games in my opinion.

Jumpinjahosafa

Smash Ace
I think brawl is FANTASTIC.

Its beyond fun. Theres so many things you can do.

Its deeper than you think. You can't discover that in just a day.

But honestly I couldn't care less about your feelings. I'm having a good time.

Mega Inkydog

Smash Journeyman
Brawl blows. The gameplay has been severely diminished. I am so pissed off at nintendo.
Ive been a devoted nintendo fan for most of my life. I'm 23.
Not you are not. You are a phony. A liar. Anybody can type all this stuff over the internet does not mean it's true. You are not any exception at all. It's very hard to prove otherwise, anyway.

First I was a little bit disappointed with Twilight Princess. Then I was very disappointed with Galaxy. I always thought "Don't worry when you get Brawl everything will be better." Then when I got Brawl I was EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED.
Oh look, it's same old decline opinion ripped straight off of GameFAQS forums. This happened in the Gamecube era and it was the cause of why games like Super Mario Sunshine, Legend of Zelda: the Wind Waker, Mario Kart: Double Dash!!, and Pokemon Colosseum were consired terrible games (and they aren't). The obvious implementation makes this point stand out and I can tell that it's fake.

This is a simple game geared towards a very casual gamer. The game sucks because the physics are terrible, and character individuality is gone. Brawl will not last, and everyone will realize it sucks in the future. Melee is a much, much, much better game.
BBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NINTENDO!!!!!!!!!
Physical are terrible. You're right they are terrible, that's why there are footstool jumps, wall clinging, gliding for winged characters, and super armor for characters like Bowser. Because those things don't make sense realistically.

As for character indiduvality gone. So you are telling me that every single character in the game is a clone of each other. What a joke. The DOJO basically confirmed the opposite a billion times, many reports of impressions also say otherwise, I even played it to know that your point is fake. It's blatantly obvious, you are fake, just like your opinion. Where did you get your opinion from?

And the slapping in the fact you like previous game, better. Another staple in the decline opinion.

I might sell my Wii and all my games in a few months and get a PS3 or XBox 360.
I cant put it into words how much Nintendo has lacked in developing good gameplay for games on the Wii.
My mind tells me you already have one or both of the said system. My mind also says you do not have a Wii.

It makes me so sad to be straying away from the big N, after some special years. All the good times are done with Nintendo. Galaxy and especially Brawl are just simply unacceptable.
It makes me sad that people like you make these stupid inane posts to slam games that you did not play because the game is on another system that you do not own. Especially the day the game is released. Even Nintendo themselves is aware of this:

http://media.arstechnica.com/reviews/games/super-paper-mario.media/1.jpg

I will always cherish the good games...Melee, Mario 64, Zelda games, many others.
But as of March 10, 2008 NINTENDO IS DEAD TO ME.
In conclusion, you do not really think this. You are lying and I can tell this is fake because of how blatant it is. You do not know about the game enough to say it is bad. You are drawing from other opinions and lies. I've hundreds of thousands of this BS and I know this is no different. You are big joke and I will not believe until you can prove otherwise, and I don't think that it's very possible.

Zycor

Smash Apprentice
"March Fools lol"

Seriously, if you don't like a game, then don't go public about it on the internet so you can get a few lulz, seriously if you want to do that go join the cults that are the XBOX 360 and PS3 anti-Nintendo fanboys.

If you were a Nintendo fanboy, you'd like the game even if it sucked balls... I'm calling BS on this, not to mention, why are you, an idiot, going to go on a Smash Bros. fan site to completely bash an exceptionally good game?

Honestly, jump off a freaking cliff, get this through your freaking skull: Brawl =/= Melee

plasmawisp6633

Smash Journeyman
I have no problems with brawl except for the change of pace in the gameplay. WHATEVER. I've had the game for a day, so there's plenty of time to get used to it.

Otherwise, this game is GREAT. There's so much to do in Co-op, and to me, that's the funnest part of the game is working together with friends in everything. There's so much stuff to do, I don't think i touched it all in 7 hours of gameplay today.

Get it through your head that Brawl is not going to be the same as Melee. Melee's made for competitive matches, and I'll still use it for competitive matches. Brawl is for if you just wanna have a really fun time.

pwnzorz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ABlackMage
3DS FC
0103-9129-9741
brawl is awesome, i've unlocked 5 characters and haven't really touched SSE, or Wi-Fi, there is so much music, even in the beginning and stage builder is awesome too.. I don't know what you're talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom