• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~The OFFICIAL Bomberman Thread~

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
That roster thingy in the General Brawl discussion, if real means no Bomberman. =(

Not even Ridley =(

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Now that supposed 35 character roster I am skeptical about. Guess we'll have to wait and see, but if that is the best Sakurai and his team could come with after nearly 3 years of development then I'm not impressed...

Patinator

Smash Champion
...Why... Does... Everyone... Not... Like... Pokemon...?!

Gimme a break. Forget the dumb kiddy show. Pokemon is the best RPG I've played; and I've played Fire Emblem.

Lucario was in a very popular (I think) movie, AND it was the last one 4kids had anything to do with.

Pokemon sells better than LoZ! How can people think it doesn't deserve five or even SIX reps in Brawl?!

:mad: How dare you, SIR.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
...Why... Does... Everyone... Not... Like... Pokemon...?!

Gimme a break. Forget the dumb kiddy show. Pokemon is the best RPG I've played; and I've played Fire Emblem.

Lucario was in a very popular (I think) movie, AND it was the last one 4kids had anything to do with.

Pokemon sells better than LoZ! How can people think it doesn't deserve five or even SIX reps in Brawl?!

:mad: How dare you, SIR.
It's not so much me not liking Pokemon as it is me not liking Pokemon consisting of approximately 1/2 of the game's playable roster and overall content (I'm exaggerating of course, but the franchise's representation in the game is grossly disproportionate...). Also, I suppose I'm a little bitter over the idea being touted around regarding Lucario being Mewtwo's replacement... But then even if M2 returns (which I REALLY hope he does), that means that the franchise is just that much more overrepresented. After all, it's Super Smash Bros. Brawl, not Pokemon Smash featuring These Other Nintendo Peoples...

And as far as Pokemon being the best RPG you've ever played, might I suggest Final Fantasy IV-VI, Chrono Trigger, Terranigma, Seiken Densetsu 3 a.k.a. Secret of Mana 2 (currently ONLY available in English via fan-translated ROM - so those copyright law people can suck it!), and - dare I say it - Super Mario RPG (superbly awesome game, regardless of your feelings toward Geno)? Those are among the best ever in my book... And Fire Emblem is more a Turn Based Strategy - RPG hybrid genre (aptly dubbed SRPG), and those currently available outside Japan are sadly FAR from the best, so I wouldn't use that to measure against Pokemon really - but that's just me.

Ah well... [/rant]

And I don't think FTB is being sarcastic or poking any fun at us. After all, with the recent "leaks" we're all in the same boat...

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Well, that supposed starting roster (as sloppy as it looks) appears to be legit with the subsequent video that's been uploaded. It's extremely convincing, albeit rather suspiciously brief. Now being that I'm from Missouri (that's the "Show Me" State), I tend to remain skeptical until presented with rock solid evidence. So naturally, I'm usually not so quick to rush to judgment, but needless to say I'm going to keep a very close eye on this developing upset. At the very least, we may not have to wait all the way until January 31st to know if the B-Man's in or not... :p Here's keeping my fingers crossed...

Patinator

Smash Champion
ROB can't be a character. It's simple as that.

(And um, sorry if I came off uber-angry at ya Deathborne. I do that for comedic effect. :))

...But anyway, regarding to your talk of Pokemon taking up a lot of the Smash roster:

Mario had six reps in Melee, eight counting DK and Yoshi. It's fitting; Mario's THE most popular video game series and mascot in the world.

Next is LoZ. While not as popular by sales as Pokemon or Mario, it's better-received by critics, what with Wind Waker and OoT getting 40/40 from Famitsu... -___-;

Besides, some count Sheik and Zelda as one character. So it's even with Pokemon in their minds.

Now for me... Neither Jiggs or Pichu belong. Add Lucario and one other Pokemon, maybe one more since this is Brawl.

...See, I get worked up when people say the Mario franchise is over-repped, then say DK is under-repped. Mario deserves six if not SEVEN characters in Brawl, all UNIQUELY outfitted with moves...

[/RANT]

Bomberman plz.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
That starting roster is fine with me.

It's just that ROB thing... I really hope someone just did that to piss us off.

I'm sure we'll know by next Thursday.

Aguasatori

Smash Journeyman
Who the heck is ROB?

Anyways, the roster is fake because Bomberman and Mewtwo aren't in.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
LOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!

Ever play Mario Kart DS? ROB's the last character. He's actually an attachment for the SNES or NES I believe...
R.O.B. (Robotic Operating Buddy) was a peripheral for the NES - in fact, it was more of a gimmick to get store retailers to stock the NES during it's original launch, as most were reluctant to carry a video game console after the then recent video game industry crash. Only two games were ever released for it, Gyromite (pack-in with R.O.B.) and Stack-Up, but it served its purpose in convincing both retailers and consumers that the NES was more than just a video game console. People would then be introduced to Super Mario Bros., which we all know would become the major selling-point for the system. [/useless history lesson]

Also, I didn't find your earlier post to be all that angry in tone really Pat, but I still thought it would help to state my position regarding the whole Pokemon issue. Also, did you take a look at any of my RPG recommendations?

Anyways, any new thoughts on the supposed leaks? Apparently, the person who uploaded the video on YouTube doesn't actually own the game herself, but rather found via a cellphone video site. Apparently, it matches the 2chan roster leak and possibly even originates from the same person - and considering the source alone leaves me highly skeptical of its authenticity. Also, I've seen some convincing arguments made that it could have very well have been faked - but even so, it's a **** good job... I'm not sure what to make of it just yet... What do you guys think?

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
I don't know what to believe. The vid looks legit, but why not show anything else? Why the secrecy? That's what has me puzzled. I know full well that if I had a copy I'd tape everything. My happy face, me popping it in the Wii, turning it on, selecting it from the Wii menu, selecting characters, playing FFA's, Subspace, Event everything ever. Why the secrecy, the dodgy angle , the dark background, WHY WHY WHY????

I don't want to believe that 35 roster thingy. 35 is cool with me, but not with that roster.

If this post hasn't made it clear, all this leak business is frying my brain and Smashboards consistently crap server is fraying my nerves further. Sakurai, JUST GO AND CONFIRM SOMETHING TO DEBUNK THE 35 THINGY!!!!!

Or just confirm Bomberman

or Ridley. Argh I need a strong drink...

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
That roster thingy in the General Brawl discussion, if real means no Bomberman. =(

Not even Ridley =(
That roster is so fake. I can't believe people think it's true.

For sakurai to ignore.....

Midna & wolf link (first character with one character riding on the other)
Bomberman
Ridley
Paper mario (who I might add, sakurai has a liking for)
Krystal(with a unique staff moveset!)
Animal crossing character
Michacih(can't spell her name -_-)
Claus(What?...he looks cool)

I could go on and on.

R.O.B, which was a failed machine(or didn't do very well not sure which) to be in brawl instead of them would be an absolute travesty. Now I haven't got anything against rob(he'd be fine alongside some(or all) of the characters I mentioned above but having him put in brawl above them is lunacy.

Sakurai ignored Diddy Kong, Wario, Pit, Meta Knight, King Dedede, and many, many others in Melee. Why should this be any different? Because you want him in?

So... basically, ROB's a character that makes you go WTF?

Precisely. Sakurai wants you to say "WTF".

IllidR

Smash Champion
Sakurai ignored Diddy Kong, Wario, Pit, Meta Knight, King Dedede, and many, many others in Melee. Why should this be any different? Because you want him in?

So... basically, ROB's a character that makes you go WTF?

Precisely. Sakurai wants you to say "WTF".
It's not WTF in a good way though. Game&Watch made everyone think WTF, that's an odd choice for a character, but yeah he fits in and I like him. But ROB... that's just rediculous.

It's not WTF in a good way though. Game&Watch made everyone think WTF, that's an odd choice for a character, but yeah he fits in and I like him. But ROB... that's just rediculous.
People said WTF in a bad way to G&W. No one liked him. How do you know ROB won't grow on everyone just like G&W did?

Despite ROB's limited use, it's very well known and probably one of Nintendo's most well-known accessories because of its absurdity.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Erm... Wasn't that 35 character roster recently proven fake? I'm pretty sure that false prophet come forward and everything.

Anyways, regarding R.O.B. I highly doubt that its playable, but only because its an enemy type featured in SSE. Otherwise, it would be a legitimate candidate. And R.O.B. isn't one of Nintendo's most well-known accessories because of its absurdity, but because it helped convince retailers and consumers to give the NES a shot back at a time when the video game console industry was pronounced dead. I explained this in my last post on the previous page.

Also, why are people so convinced that there has to be a so-called WTF character based solely on the initial "WTF?" reaction. Shouldn't a character be included based primarily on the fact that they represent unique place in the overall Nintendo universe? The very term "WTF character" really gets under my skin for this very reason. There's a good thread on the topic of these so-called WTF characters, but I can't locate it at the moment thanks to SWF's severs choking up as usual.

At any rate, what do you guys think about the B-Man's chances at this point in time?

1. That wasn't the one who leaked the 35 roster. Hell, the person who did said that Markman and Reno "probably got the idea from his roster", even though their history of leaks never included relying on SWF/GFAQs/GSpot users.

2. That, on top of its "absurdity". It's a very memorable accessory.

3. No one said "put in WTF character for WTF". WTF is pretty much a category. A minor character would get a WTF, but a minor character would not get in. Same with Mario - no one said any Mario character can get in.

Aguasatori

Smash Journeyman
Bomberman's CHANCES are good, but I think Sakurai is going to be a douche about it and not put him in. I don't expect any more 3rd party characters.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
1. That wasn't the one who leaked the 35 roster. Hell, the person who did said that Markman and Reno "probably got the idea from his roster", even though their history of leaks never included relying on SWF/GFAQs/GSpot users.

2. That, on top of its "absurdity". It's a very memorable accessory.

3. No one said "put in WTF character for WTF". WTF is pretty much a category. A minor character would get a WTF, but a minor character would not get in. Same with Mario - no one said any Mario character can get in.
1. I saw a thread in the General Brawl Discussion forum which stated that, though I didn't bother to read it. I wasn't claiming it was deconfirmed or anything, just asking.

2. How is it absurd? It fulfilled its intended purpose and it worked well with what it had available. Sure it may have been gimmicky, but certainly not absurd. Virtual Boy - now THAT was absurd (although it still had potential).

3. What are you talking about? WTF is not an established category like the Mario franchise, it's just a bloody generalization for characters that don't have familiarity on their side, so why compare the two? And you're not making sense. Besides, obscure or not, all characters will be arranged according to their respective franchise - there's really no need to regroup them.

1. Okay. A roster of 35 characters was deconfirmed, but it had nothing to do with a legitimate leak of 35 characters, 41 stages.

2. It felt absurd whenever I used it. I mean, using a toy to play a platform game?

3. It is. No one's saying that another WTF character should get in. However, the best WTF character should. OR:

"No one's saying that another Mario character should get in. However, the best Mario character should."

It's the same situation.

RDK

Smash Hero
Holy crap, I just posted.

Anyone notice there's been over 1,000 users bogging down SWF for the past 2 weeks?

Christ.

Tails for brawl

Smash Ace
That roster is so fake. I can't believe people think it's true.

For sakurai to ignore.....

Midna & wolf link (first character with one character riding on the other)
Bomberman
Ridley
Paper mario (who I might add, sakurai has a liking for)
Krystal(with a unique staff moveset!)
Animal crossing character
Michacih(can't spell her name -_-)
Claus(What?...he looks cool)

I could go on and on.

R.O.B, which was a failed machine(or didn't do very well not sure which) to be in brawl instead of them would be an absolute travesty. Now I haven't got anything against rob(he'd be fine alongside some(or all) of the characters I mentioned above but having him put in brawl above them is lunacy.

uhhh i don't know minda :urg: i guess but yea it is pretty bogis it's fake

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Since it's the last weekend before the Japanese release, and we'll probably know the roster by next weekend, here's our last chance for some blind optimistic support!

BOMBERMAN FOR THE FRIGN' BRAWL BABY!

Aguasatori

Smash Journeyman
I can finally log back in! Woo!

Oh, and I wonder if Bomberman will be one of those characters used in the Home-Run Contest, like Ganon.

Rubydragon

Smash Ace
Hey guys, I'm back. Sorry I haven't been on for a loooooooong time, I had completely forgotten this thread existed (blasphemy, I know :)).

Did I miss anything?

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Hey guys, I'm back. Sorry I haven't been on for a loooooooong time, I had completely forgotten this thread existed (blasphemy, I know :)).

Did I miss anything?
As far as Bomberman's chances in Brawl are concerned, nope.

You might have missed a flame war or two and tons of spam (we were bored...) - oh, and a new sig is now available.

Top Bottom