• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Anti-Sukapon Thread!

Alan Redgown

Smash Cadet

I just downloaded the translated ROM of Joy Mech Fight and played through the first level in 1P War. (Yes, I ripped that image myself.) I don't think the game is anything special, and Takamaru sounds like he'd be a much better candidate. I have yet to download the Nazo no Murasame-jō ROM.

Also, people often say that extra characters won't affect those who are opposed to them. Well, there will only be a certain number of characters, and Brawl's actual plot will most likely be affected by any newcomers. In any case, I'd be fine with Sukapon in Brawl, and he would be an interesting character. Is Sukapon necessary? Not at all.

GKirby

Smash Apprentice
Why are ther anti threads... Really if you want to do that, you might as well go to the official sukapon thread and just disagree instead of wasting our time like this.
(I do not want sukapon but i will not be so childish and stupid enough to make an anti thread... God it's like the politics or something)

HollabackRyu

Smash Journeyman
go to the official sukapon thread and just disagree instead of wasting our time like this.
Wasting your time? funny, since no one forced to click on this thread and post a comment, you're the only wasting your own time.

vesperview

Smash Hero
It doesn't matter.
If you're only reasoning for Porky not to be playable is because YOU think he is more suitable as a boss, then it's a flawed reasoning, Porky couldn't just appear with his giant mechanical spider, so I don't see exactly why he couldn't be playable.

I would like it if porky was in brawl (perferably in his coffin mech), but I do certainly know that porky DOES NOT HAVE ANYWHERE CLOSE to a 99% chance.
Yeah he doesn't have a 99% chance, but he doesn't have such a bad chance either.

Colenstien

Smash Ace
You know what? DUCK YOU!

But anyway Sukapon would be an amazing addition. He could bring an awsome amount of retroness and guess what, he already has a moveset started. Sukapon should not "die in oblivion" he should live in all his splender and balliness.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
This is one of those characters I don't support at all, but I remain quiet about. I won't state the others, though...

Cinder

Smash Master
Oh, goodie, another anti-character thread...and right after the failure of the Anti-Megaman thread...*sigh*...why don't people just a) post their opinions in the respective characters' threads and b) accept that everyone has an opinion, and that it's up to Sakurai...

As for Sukapon, I remain neutral...I think he has a chance, though, but I won't miss him if he isn't in...

Alright...I now declare this the Official SPAM Thread...post any random spam that comes to your mind...

Metalknux

Smash Ace
You people have seen this right?

http://ikusaba.client.jp/

According to this site, Sukapon should have a better chance than Takamaru
And this person's opinions are automatically better than ours because he/she is Japanese?

I don't mean to be rude or anything, but people keep posting that site all over the place like it really means something. It's nothing more than a fansite. Just because the creator is Japanese doesn't mean he/she knows anything more than we do.

Ontopic: I have nothing against Sukapon, although I had no idea who he was until I came here. The more characters there are, the better. I don't think it would hurt anyone if a character they didn't want/like was in Brawl. Just don't play as him.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
And this person's opinions are automatically better than ours because he/she is Japanese?

I don't mean to be rude or anything, but people keep posting that site all over the place like it really means something. It's nothing more than a fansite. Just because the creator is Japanese doesn't mean he/she knows anything more than we do.

Ontopic: I have nothing against Sukapon, although I had no idea who he was until I came here. The more characters there are, the better. I don't think it would hurt anyone if a character they didn't want/like was in Brawl. Just don't play as him.
Well, on the opposite, what makes your opinion better because your NOT Japanese...

..I was just showing a different perspective so people weren't stuck in their own Anti-Japanese mind set

Cinder

Smash Master
Sukapon is one of the worst ideas I have ever heard for Brawl
Then I guess it's safe to assume you weren't there when that kid suggested Kinnikuman...and he meant it...

he is a japan only has-been, Nintendo's first fighter?
Lucas...need I say more? And being in the first real fighter makes him more unique...

lol, I doubt Nintendo is looking in something as stupid as that to add characters to the game
Pichu...need I say more? Granted, that was Melee...

and lol @ those who think he'll be the ultimate Mr G&W type unlockable in Brawl
I agree...he has a good chance, but he shouldn't be the final character...G&W should keep that position...

he is nowhere near Mr G&W's history and relevance to Nintendo
Not a lot of characters are...and he is relevant...he was their first fighting game character...

he is a has-been character
The Ice Climbers say hi...

with one of the worst designs I have ever seen in my life.
Opinion, my friend...opinion...I find him interesting...

Let Sukapon DIE IN OBLIVION AS HE DESERVES!!!!!!!!!
Wow...the perfect example of extreme biased hatred...

@Vesper: the first post obviously isn't that good...and I wanted to hear from Red&Silver in particular...

Tlaloc

Smash Journeyman
I am pro Skapon. We should not limit him just because he is a Japan only character.

Cinder

Smash Master
Yeah you're right, but G&W shouldn't keep the position as the ultimate unlockable, it should be a new character.
Yeah, but thing is, who should it be? Sukapon wouldn't be that good an idea (or would he?)...maybe Takamaru (if he's in...I don't care either way...), or Olimar, perhaps? I guess it's really up to Sakurai...I just hope he surprises us...

vesperview

Smash Hero
Yeah, but thing is, who should it be? Sukapon wouldn't be that good an idea (or would he?)...maybe Takamaru (if he's in...I don't care either way...), or Olimar, perhaps? I guess it's really up to Sakurai...I just hope he surprises us...
Well you wouldn't have had predicted Game and Watch as the ultimate unlockable in Melee so I'm guessing is a total WTF? character, but I do agree that a Japan only character shouldn't be the ultimate unlockable.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Sakurai also said Brawl was gonna be released on December 3rd.

As for the whole Takamaru vs. Skapon thing, Takamaru definitely has a higher chance of being in Brawl. Sakurai said he would consider him if his release on the Famicom Mini series on the GBA was successful, which was very successful, even more-so than Kid Icarus (which is part of the reason why Pit made it in Brawl in the first place, although the re-release wasn't the best selling one (that title goes to the Mario re-release or the Goemon one), it still sold very well). Takamaru is also frequently compared to Pit when it comes to his inclusion in Brawl on a lot of Japanese sites, being part of one of the most successful Famicom Disk System games of the time in Japan (next to Legend of Zelda, Metroid, and Kid Icarus). Skapon is more of just a fan-favorite. And as the polls show, he is VERY popular. Personally I think Sakurai definitely changed his outlook on that, especially the demand for the character in Japan, I can assure you that he's considering the character for Brawl (if he didn't then Brawl wouldn't be a very epic game now would it?).
Erm... where are you getting your information now? From what I've found, Nazo no Murasame-jou was in fact the fourth WORST selling Famcom Mini title - although interestingly enough Kid Icarus did sell even worse, being the second worst performing Famicom Mini release.

Source: http://geimin.net/da/mini.php
Translated: http://www.google.com/translate?u=http://geimin.net/da/mini.php&langpair=ja|en&hl=en&ie=UTF8

So it's pretty clear that for whatever reason Sakurai had Pit included, it wasn't because of the stellar sales of the Kid Icarus GBA re-release, despite what he may have said beforehand. I'm thinking that it was ultimately Kid Icarus's international cult classic status that was Pit's saving grace. As far as characters from Japan-only franchises are concerned, it's not at all certain how Sakurai will approach the matter, though he did mention that he was going to limit how many of such characters would ultimately be included. I'd say between Skapon and Takamaru though, I'd actually prefer Skapon if only because Joy Mech Fight is such an awesome game. Nazo no Murasame-jou? Eh... It was good for back in 1986, but it really hasn't aged well... It's kinda like the poor man's Zelda if you ask me. Funny thing though, before actually playing the games, my opinion regarding the characters was the other way around... :ohwell:

At any rate, Skapon is a great character and this thread needs to die... :demon:

NeoSoul

Smash Journeyman
now that sonic is in Im not gonna fight any more lame characters being included....

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
I've dug up some old threads, and found some interesting comments on Sakurai's and Japan's view on Sukapon:

http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=2433239&postcount=1

Sukapon

That's right kiddies. He appears twice on the poll, but Sakurai has commented on him nonetheless! Supposedly Sakurai has been looking towards a lot of retro NES titles, and has landed his eye on Joy Mech Fight affectionately. That's really... all there is. But it should be nice to note that Sukapon is remembered in Japan, and that technically Joy Mecha Fight is Smash Bros. NES. Sort of. .....did you know Smash Bros. was planned for SNES? *runs away*

*NOTE: I only added that emote for comedic effect >.>;; But Smash Bros. was actually planned for the SNES. This is fact. It was gonna use the FX Chip, like Star Fox did, to make a really funky fighting game. But it was scratched, and the project began for N64 instead.
Note on Takamaru

*NOTE: As far as Japan-only is concerned, it's not a concern. Sakurai stated he would like to avoid a BUNCH of Japanese only characters, but he's not against a few. Afterall, Marth and Roy did well for themselves, wouldn't you say? Irregardless, if we're talking specifics, a game like Nazo no Murasamejo is easy as hell to translate/slap on the western Virtual Console.
http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=1650916&postcount=1

Repeated rankings mean ties.

1. Bowser
2. Princess Peach
3. Wario
4. King Dedede
5. Ganon (Ganondorf)
6. James Bond
6. Mewtwo
8. Banjo & Kazooie
9. Toad
10. Mew
11. Marth
12. Mr Saturn
12. Ash - Pokemon series protagonist
12. Random Fire Emblem characters
15. Goey (Kirby)
16. Diddy Kong
16. SUKAPON OH MY
18. Random Pokémon (Pokémon... how random)
19. Metaknight
19. Lugia
Other series
1. Sukapon (Joy Mech Fight)
2. Lip (Panel de Pon)
3. Richard Ougi (A Bell tolls for the Frogs)
4. Metroid (Metroid includes baby Metroid)
4. Blacky (Wrecking Crew)
6. Pit (Kid Icarus)
6. Ogre (Shin Oni ga Shima)
6. The Marvelous Party (from the game Marvelous, click here for info)
9. Samurai Goroh (F-Zero)
9. Popo & Nana (oh yeah)
9. Balloon Fighter protagonist

Rubydragon

Smash Ace
I really just have nothing to say, I mean, to me it's just simply common sense... How could ANYONE in their right minds want THAT THING for Brawl? I just can't say anything... No offense to some people but the idea of this thing in Brawl is just baffling to me...

If only my opinions mattered, anyway.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
I really just have nothing to say, I mean, to me it's just simply common sense... How could ANYONE in their right minds want THAT THING for Brawl? I just can't say anything... No offense to some people but the idea of this thing in Brawl is just baffling to me...

If only my opinions mattered, anyway.
And here we have yet another example of a not backed up opinion.

Exactly why do you find Sukapon that "horrendous"?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Anyone that doesn't like Sukapon just mistakes their hate because his awesomeness is beyond comprehension

Top Bottom