• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Anti-Sukapon Thread!

HollabackRyu

Smash Journeyman
Sukapon FTL:mad:

Sukapon is one of the worst ideas I have ever heard for Brawl, he is a japan only has-been, Nintendo's first fighter? lol, I doubt Nintendo is looking in something as stupid as that to add characters to the game, and lol @ those who think he'll be the ultimate Mr G&W type unlockable in Brawl, he is nowhere near Mr G&W's history and relevance to Nintendo, he is a stupid has-been character with one of the worst designs I have ever seen in my life.

Let Sukapon DIE IN OBLIVION AS HE DESERVES!!!!!!!!!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Sukapon is obviously more awesome than you can comprehend...

That's the only explanation for your dislike of him

TidalSpiral

Smash Journeyman
While I agree that Mr. Game & Watch would easily take his seperated body parts and make 2-D sausages for his fireman and sea turtle friends, Sukapon could disintegrate you with his mad disjointed beatdown skills. Don't deny the incomprehensible one!

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Joy Mech Fight rocks, it'd be a crime for that game to remain in obscurity... But as it turns out, I don't really care for Skapon him(?)self so much... My favorite robot is actually Neo, followed closely by Flame and Tiger - as far as the playable robots are concerned anyway...

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
*sigh* People just don't understand Sukapon. Although, It's kind of understandable why so many people would dislike him. He's someone they've never heard of, and with nothing particularly outstanding about his design, so they don't want him to take up a slot that someone they're more familiar with could have had.

You'd probably have to play Joy Mech Fight to actually want him in. :ohwell:

lethminite

Smash Apprentice
i want him in and never played the game.
what is not cool about 7 pink balls smashing bowser off the screen?

TidalSpiral

Smash Journeyman
*sigh* People just don't understand Sukapon. Although, It's kind of understandable why so many people would dislike him. He's someone they've never heard of, and with nothing particularly outstanding about his design, so they don't want him to take up a slot that someone they're more familiar with could have had.

You'd probably have to play Joy Mech Fight to actually want him in. :ohwell:
Smart points. That's the only reason I have my doubts, I haven't tried the game so to me he just looks bizarre. However I like wierdness so it'd be a pleasure to find out what he's like in Brawl. The more the merrier. Unless Tingle is in the more.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Sakurai stated twice on his melee journel that he would never be in SSB, it was 6 years ago and his opinions COULD have changed, but that's just a hypothetical situation. So for all we know Sukapon will not be in SBB Sakurai said so himself.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
What makes me doubt Sukapoin is Sakurai's past seeming disinterest in the character, and unwillingness to include him. His model is so simple, and his moveset practically writes itself. It would be a shame to not make him for Brawl when he'd be so easy to implement, especially since Japanese fans have wanted him in since Smash 64.

HollabackRyu

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai stated twice on his melee journel that he would never be in SSB, it was 6 years ago and his opinions COULD have changed, but that's just a hypothetical situation. So for all we know Sukapon will not be in SBB Sakurai said so himself.
If this is true, I absolutely LOVE Sakurai.

TidalSpiral

Smash Journeyman
You people have seen this right?

http://ikusaba.client.jp/

According to this site, Sukapon should have a better chance than Takamaru
I was looking at the Villain section, that guy lists some crazy looking ones! I wish I knew who some of them were because a lot of them would be really neat to see.

For instance, what is that big white thing with one red eye called "O2"?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I was looking at the Villain section, that guy lists some crazy looking ones! I wish I knew who some of them were because a lot of them would be really neat to see.

For instance, what is that big white thing with one red eye called "O2"?
The leader of Dark Matter, from the Kirby series

TidalSpiral

Smash Journeyman
The leader of Dark Matter, from the Kirby series
Oh, I always thought Dark Matter was just one entity without a leader but then again I haven't nearly played the whole series. The one called Darkrai and Zant also have neat designs but I'm guessing most of these would be long shot characters. Also noticed King Boo... I wish we had a ghostly character.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Wasn't it "probably won't" rather than "never?" Two different meanings you know...

FlipTroopa said:
Sukapon-- That's right kiddies. He appears twice on the poll, but Sakurai has commented on him nonetheless! Supposedly Sakurai has been looking towards a lot of retro NES titles, and has landed his eye on Joy Mech Fight affectionately. That's really... all there is. But it should be nice to note that Sukapon is remembered in Japan
Not much, but it's more recent.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Either way, his more recent comments seem to suggest he's going to give Joy Mech Fight another look. He should atleast be an AT. I wish I knew more about this alledged physics problem...

HollabackRyu

Smash Journeyman
I thought more people were gonna tell me how awesome Sukapon is lol, I guess there isn't anymore people.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
There's really nothing outstanding about Sukapon, but you don't have to be negative towards him. Why don't you post in a thread supporting a character you'd like to see in Brawl, instead of creating a spam thread for flames.

NukeA6

Smash Master
Sukapon is an AT at best. Sakurai even said to not even expect him as a playable character.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Joy Mech Fight was actually pretty fun.

Still, why do we need Anti threads? Don't want a character in? Don't ***** to us. It doesn't even phase you if he's in. You aren't going to blow your brains out just cause that person's in.

BTW, Sukapon was the suckiest fighter! Tiger is so much better.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Joy Mech Fight was actually pretty fun.

Still, why do we need Anti threads? Don't want a character in? Don't ***** to us. It doesn't even phase you if he's in. You aren't going to blow your brains out just cause that person's in.

BTW, Sukapon was the suckiest fighter! Tiger is so much better.
Yeah, but Sukapon is quite cheap, spamming Sukapon's roll move...

Besides, Joy Mech Fight should be repped, and Sukapon is it's mascot

Insurance Salesman

Smash Apprentice
I'm sorry, but I have never heard of Joy Mech Fight. I know that some people on here seem to like it, but what's the point of including a character that almost no one (at least in America) has heard about to represent a relatively unknown series?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm sorry, but I have never heard of Joy Mech Fight. I know that some people on here seem to like it, but what's the point of including a character that almost no one (at least in America) has heard about to represent a relatively unknown series?
Because the unknown is fun...

People having such a limited mindset confuses me...

Stuck with only things they are familiar with

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
^agreed just like Fire Emblem was unkonwn to us until it came to america, and look what happened, now we have alot of Marth mains who never knew about him until he appeared in Smash Bros.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
The only reason why I agree with you is not that I hate sukapon but he'd take Takamaru's spot
Not necessarily. Takamaru is more likely anyhow. (Atleast from what I can tell...)

GigaKoopa, Sukapon is a robot.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Not necessarily. Takamaru is more likely anyhow. (Atleast from what I can tell...)

GigaKoopa, Sukapon is a robot.
Not according to the Japanese prediction site...for some reason

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
Sakurai also said Brawl was gonna be released on December 3rd.

As for the whole Takamaru vs. Skapon thing, Takamaru definitely has a higher chance of being in Brawl. Sakurai said he would consider him if his release on the Famicom Mini series on the GBA was successful, which was very successful, even more-so than Kid Icarus (which is part of the reason why Pit made it in Brawl in the first place, although the re-release wasn't the best selling one (that title goes to the Mario re-release or the Goemon one), it still sold very well). Takamaru is also frequently compared to Pit when it comes to his inclusion in Brawl on a lot of Japanese sites, being part of one of the most successful Famicom Disk System games of the time in Japan (next to Legend of Zelda, Metroid, and Kid Icarus). Skapon is more of just a fan-favorite. And as the polls show, he is VERY popular. Personally I think Sakurai definitely changed his outlook on that, especially the demand for the character in Japan, I can assure you that he's considering the character for Brawl (if he didn't then Brawl wouldn't be a very epic game now would it?).

Top Bottom