• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Alternate Costumes Thread (Everyone has 8 Colors + New Info from Japanese Event!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Format stolen from pureownage75

Mario: Dr. Mario, Strikers, NES Golf, Referee Mario (Punch Out), fire and ice mario. Wing Cap, Bee Suit.
Luigi: Dr. Luigi, Mr. L
Peach: Daisy, Strikers, Baseball, Nurse Peach
Bowser: Dry Bowser, Hawaiian Shirt
Rosalina: Cosmic Guide
Link: Skyward Sword Costume (Confirmed), 80's cartoon Link (Complete with Excuuuuuse Me taunt)
Toon Link: Outset Clothes, conductor's outfit
Fox: James McCloud (Both from F-Zero and Starfox)
Wii Fit Trainer: Male/Female (Confirmed)
Yoshi: Yarn Yoshi, Boshi, Birdo
Sonic: Metal Sonic, Silver, With the Link hat from that Lost world DLC..... sonicboom.
Little Mac: Wire Frame Mac (Confirmed), Pink Sweater (Confirmed), SNES Punch Out Guy/Player 2 from Punch Out Wii Mac
Olimar: Louie, Alph, Brittany
Pac-Man: Ms. Pac Man, Jr. Pac, Super Pac Man (With Cape), ..Ghostly Adventures Pac Man
Mega Man: Proto-Man, X, Bad Box Art Mega Man, Battle Network, ZX
Kirby: Yarn Kirby
Pit: Dark Pit, Warrior of Light, Warrior of Dark (Think the multiplayer in uprising characters)
Palutena: Human Mode Pandora, Viridi, Phosphora
Donkey Kong: Chunky Kong, Funky Kong, Boxing Gloves, Tie-Less, 80s Box Art style (Think original mario vs DK box art) DK Jr.
Villager: Other Villagers (Confirmed)
Pikachu: Pichu, Raichu
Captain Falcon: Blood Falcon
Samus: Dark Samus, Gravity Suit, Varia Suit
Zero Suit Samus: Green Haired original Zero Suit Samus

COSTUMES FOR UNCONFIRMED VETERANS
Meta Knight: Galacta Knight
Wario: Overalls, A random hat from wario land, probably the viking one
Ganondorf: Pig Gannon (!! This!!)
Ness: Lucas, masked man, Paula, Puu
Ice Climbers: Hammer Brothers

COSTUMES FOR POPULAR NEWCOMERS
Ridley: Meta Ridley
King K. Rool: Pirate, Boxer, Mad-Scientist

WertQuadNine

Smash Journeyman
I don't like the idea of characters changing into other people. But that does make it difficult for people like Ice Climbers and Olimar, so idk

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
I want to see Lucina in the Brides dress, yes!

If we did get SMRPG stuff included, Boshi would totally be legit since he is a Yoshi. Wario to booster is a stretch but they actually act quite a lot like each other.

Mr L >>>>>>>> Dr Luigi

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Personally, I think certain characters should get more alts than others. For example:

Mario
- Dr. Mario
- Strikers Mario
- Cosmic Mario
- DLC: Referee Mario
- DLC: Penguin Mario

Whereas...

Ganondorf
- OoT Ganondorf
- Toon Ganondorf
- DLC: Demise Ganondorf

Characters such as Mario, Link, Samus, Donkey Kong, Luigi, etc should get more costumes than most. I also think there should be at least two on disc alts plus at least one DLC free for the first month and then moderately priced at $1.99. However, characters like Ice Climbers and MGW are a bit tricky with alt costumes so for those type, maybe 1 on disc, 1 DLC.

Last edited:

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Since Mario got his Famicom Golf costume, I think Luigi should get his as well.

Some other alternate costumes I'd love to see:

[collapse="Blade Knight as a Meta Knight skin"]
[/collapse]

[collapse="Sir Kibble as a Meta Knight skin"]
[/collapse]

[collapse="Outset Toon Link"]
[/collapse]

[collapse="Princess Hilda"]
[/collapse]

[collapse="Fox wearing his father's sunglasses"]
[/collapse]

[collapse="The Pikmin 3 captains (don't know their names)"]
[/collapse]

[collapse="Zero Suit Samus wearing her military or civilian attire"]

[/collapse]

[collapse="Impa as a Sheik skin"]
[/collapse]

[collapse="Ocarina of Time Ganondorf (mine personal favourite version of him)"]
[/collapse]

[collapse="Kumatora as a Lucas or Ness skin"]
[/collapse]

[collapse="Dark Pit"]
[/collapse]

Ms. Pac Man, Metal Sonic, and Helmet-less Mega Man would be cool as well.

...Okay, I am going to stop now, as I'll just go on and on.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Excuse me if Im wrong, but Sakurai stated in both famitsu and a POTD that characters are separate if they have different abilities/traits?

I mean, Lucina and Marth are separate. Why would Daisy get a full costume? If anything, wouldn't she stay as a pallet swap or become a clone?

On that same point, Lucina as a Marth costume would make more sense than Daisy, even if it is a stretch. Lucina and Marth are related, Daisy and Peach are... Princesses? Really?
Same goes for other character changes.

This aside, I also believe costumes should only be different models of the same character (See: Mac, WFT)

Id personally love to see a Hero's Shade Link costume, but that one is debatable, because the HS may not even be Link.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
One thing I'd like to say is that any yarn alternations of Yoshi and Kirby are impossible with the fact that they don't retain/have alterations of the movesets of their respective characters. Yarn Yoshi might be a bit more friendly to this, but his hitboxes would change too severly with his different animations unless they aren't going to stay true to the actual games, which they wouldn't do. Yarn Kirby is out because he doesn't even have any of Kirby's actual canon and trademark abilities.

I would personally love to see Kirby, Dedede, and MK (if confirmed) get their Air Ride costumes, with Kirby getting a Shadow Kirby alt, Dedede getting a Masked Dedede alt, and MK getting a Mirror World MK alt. I wouldn't really want Galacta Knight because I'd rather have the characters keep the same identity, even though they accept different characters.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
You accidentally borked one of the image tags, specifically the one for Dark Bowser.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
I liked the classic Link color scheme for Tink in Brawl, so maybe one where he wears the Ocarina of Time tunic with the Deku shield and everything?

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
I posted them somewhere else, but whatever:

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Excuse me if Im wrong, but Sakurai stated in both famitsu and a POTD that characters are separate if they have different abilities/traits?

I mean, Lucina and Marth are separate. Why would Daisy get a full costume? If anything, wouldn't she stay as a pallet swap or become a clone?

On that same point, Lucina as a Marth costume would make more sense than Daisy, even if it is a stretch. Lucina and Marth are related, Daisy and Peach are... Princesses? Really?
Same goes for other character changes.

This aside, I also believe costumes should only be different models of the same character (See: Mac, WFT)

Id personally love to see a Hero's Shade Link costume, but that one is debatable, because the HS may not even be Link.
Daisy looks different from Peach aside from their different color schemes, but she could still just as easily be a color palette for Peach again.

Also Link and Mario have texture swap costumes, who's to say Peach couldn't get something similar (Flower textures to change the hearts, flower earrings and emblem)? I mean Daisy is a logical choice for a Peach costume, even if she's a different character and Lucina was originally going to be a Marth costume with a unique voice and role call from the game's announcer when selected.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Daisy looks different from Peach aside from their different color schemes, but she could still just as easily be a color palette for Peach again.

Also Link and Mario have texture swap costumes, who's to say Peach couldn't get something similar (Flower textures to change the hearts, flower earrings and emblem)? I mean Daisy is a logical choice for a Peach costume, even if she's a different character and Lucina was originally going to be a Marth costume with a unique voice and role call from the game's announcer when selected.
Right, and all I'd expect Daisy to be is a color swap again. I suppose I never thought of Peach merely wearing Daisy's clothes, I just don't see why people would still want THE Daisy as a costume.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
I'd like to see a Katt Monroe alt for Falco since she's so smitten with him. Falco's fighting style can easily work for a cat character, it would be less work adding another character to buff up the roster at the last minute and we get a female Star Fox character that isn't Krystal.:troll:

A James McCloud and Bill costume for Fox can work too.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Personally, I think certain characters should get more alts than others. For example:

Mario
- Dr. Mario
- Strikers Mario
- Cosmic Mario
- DLC: Referee Mario
- DLC: Penguin Mario

Whereas...

Ganondorf
- OoT Ganondorf
- Toon Ganondorf
- DLC: Demise Ganondorf

Characters such as Mario, Link, Samus, Donkey Kong, Luigi, etc should get more costumes than most. I also think there should be at least two on disc alts plus at least one DLC free for the first month and then moderately priced at $1.99. However, characters like Ice Climbers and MGW are a bit tricky with alt costumes so for those type, maybe 1 on disc, 1 DLC.
As long as it doesn't reach Injustice levels where almost every costume was Superman, Wodner Woman or Batman.

BerryBomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BerryBomber
For the most part we know who should get what alternate costumes, so for the lolz

:4mario: - Green Mario skin, Plumber's toolbelt outfit
:4luigi: - Red Luigi skin, Shadow Mario alt
:4peach: - Pink Gold skin, Baby Peach pacifier / oversized crown outfit.
:4bowser: - Blastoise skin, Ninja Turtle outfit
:rosalina: - Elsa alt, Fairy Godmother outfit
:4link: - Aladdin outfit, Legolas alt
:4zelda: - Jasmine outfit, Hermione alt
:4sheik: - Power Ranger outfit, Hiccup's mom (How to Train Your Dragon 2) alt
:4tlink: - Cat suit outfit, Robin Hood outfit
:4kirby: - Cybug (Hero's Duty) skin, Pixar Ball skin
:4dedede: - 'The Penguin' tux outfit, Thor outfit
:4metaknight: - Batman skin, Shy Guy mask outfit
:4pikachu: - Mickey alt, Jerry skin
:4lucario: - Mewtwo alt, Goku outfit
:4greninja: - Princess Ruto alt, Gene Simmons outfit
:4charizard: - Smaug alt, Nidhogg skin
:4dk: - Pirate hat outfit, Gorillaz Gorilla alt
:4diddy: - Banana suit alt, Caesar alt
:4fox: - Ylvis fursuit costume, Rocket Raccoon alt
:4yoshi: - Reptar alt, Philosoraptor alt
:4falcon: - Captain America skin, Barnacle Boy outfit
:4samus: - Stormtrooper skin, Command & Conquer Nod solider skin
:4zss: - Dixie Kong outfit, Willow Smith alt
:4olimar: - Cone of Shame outfit, Fishbowl alt
:4littlemac: - Muhammad Ali alt, Krusha K Rool outfit
:4pit: - Speed Racer outfit, Gauntlet Falconess alt
:4palutena: - Maleficent outfit, Athena alt
:4marth: - Cinderella outfit, Latin Tapdancing outfit
:4lucina: - Roy alt, Lone Ranger outfit
:4robinm: - Robin (Batman) outfit, Neville (Harry Potter) alt
:4robinf: - Raven (Teen Titans) outfit, Wicked Witch of the West alt
:4myfriends: - Xiahou Dun outfit, William Wallace alt
:4villager: - Paul Bunyan outfit, Grim Reaper's robe costume
:4wiifit: - Old Navy outfit, Ben Stiller (Heavy Weights) alt
:4megaman: - Green Lantern alt, Astroboy alt
:4pacman: - Ghostbusters outfit, The Missing Piece alt
:4sonic: - Gary Oak outfit, Black Star (Soul Eater) outfit
:4mii: - The Sims alts, Tycoon series avatars alts

Edward Rochester

Smash Apprentice
Right, and all I'd expect Daisy to be is a color swap again. I suppose I never thought of Peach merely wearing Daisy's clothes, I just don't see why people would still want THE Daisy as a costume.
I'd love to see THE Princess Daisy as an alt for Peach. As a Daisy fan, I would be mad if other characters got alts while Daisy is absent in favor of "Peach merely wearing Daisy's clothes" again. That would send a message that Daisy isn't even important enough to change Peach's hair/dress/voice. (Daisy's chances as a clone are also low since she's not as popular as Lucina. As much as I would love to see Daisy as her own separate fighter, I don't see it happening.)

This alt costume provides a possible chance of Daisy being playable for once since the game can now provide more detailed costumes (such as different hair length and voice). Considering that detailed Daisy costumes have appeared in past games, the alt could make the next step to include shorter hair, a unique voice, and a role call. It can even change Peach's cosmetic (ie, nonattacking/irrelevant) flourishes to her moves (such as hearts and sparkles when she floats) into flowers and petals.

Also, if Lucina was originally a costume of Marth with a unique voice/role call, then costumes can't just exclusively be different models for the same character. Lucina and Marth are different in name, voice, clothing, and hair length. Lucina also strives to emulate Marth while Marth... doesn't need to. I'm sure Hero's Shade Link can be possible, considering that HS is strongly implied to be OoT/MM Link. Don't give up! :)

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
:4bowser::dry bowser
:4falcon::Mach Rider
:4charizard:
:4dedede:
:4diddy::Lanky
:4dk::Kiddy / classic DK